Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but I was very aware (as well as a lot of others on here) that for a while it was 1 per year, then it changed to 3 per year per game regardless of console (So 1 watch dogs PS4, ps3 and X1 would be the limit), and now its 3 per year per game per console.....( So i could buy watch dogs 3 times on ps4, 3 times on ps3, 3 times on X1 etc....)

P.S. Thanks for being civil as well. I'm always like that online. I don't understand people that are rude and troll for no reason. In regards to this topic I sincerely am confused with the whole thing. I've been trying to point out that obviously Best Buy has not been clear on their policies. This is the proof! haha
I'm pretty sure you're the only one that was aware of that. And by that I mean you are wrong. The 1 copy limit was for trade ins not purchases.

I'm pretty sure you're the only one that was aware of that. And by that I mean you are wrong. The 1 copy limit was for trade ins not purchases.
And like I stated it was stated to be in error and was promptly fixed within a few days. So I can concede that was a policy error on BBY part, but was an error and not a change in policy.

BTW I am not saying you are wrong or trying to correct you in any way, I am just pointing out to Mr. Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey that I covered that issue in my long post earlier today.

@Saix_XIII zelda SS was part of the 5 for $100 deal

Wish diablo 3 was part of $10. Don't need it now with huge backlog anyway. Maybe post Xmas will be $39+20%
It doesn`t take that long for games to be 50% off or more anymore too many places to buy to many ways to save.

It's the weekend. Unfortunately that ends very soon. Always goes by to fast!
So you`re feel to check CAG most weekends right? Also, if you have a smartphone can`t you check while you`re taking a dump not like there`s tons of options of time killers while sitting on the throne. 1-2 minutes & you`re up to speed before it`s time to wipe your @ss.

So I just signed up for My Best Buy and I'm trying to get the $10 pre-order bonus for Madden 15. Yesterday I traded in 2 copies of Madden 25 and got a $50 gift card and a coupon for $10 off a purchase of Madden 15. Went online to pre-order and realized the coupon is in-store only.

So what's the best way to use this coupon and get the pre-order bonus? Can u pay in full when you pre-order or is it just $5 down and then the remainder upon pickup? Do I apply the coupon in-store as I'm pre-ordering or do they apply it when u pick it up? Better to use the kiosk or an employee?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I guess mostly I'm just wondering if the order in which these deals get applied matters at all.

So I just signed up for My Best Buy and I'm trying to get the $10 pre-order bonus for Madden 15. Yesterday I traded in 2 copies of Madden 25 and got a $50 gift card and a coupon for $10 off a purchase of Madden 15. Went online to pre-order and realized the coupon is in-store only.

So what's the best way to use this coupon and get the pre-order bonus? Can u pay in full when you pre-order or is it just $5 down and then the remainder upon pickup? Do I apply the coupon in-store as I'm pre-ordering or do they apply it when u pick it up? Better to use the kiosk or an employee?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I guess mostly I'm just wondering if the order in which these deals get applied matters at all.
I just pre ordered the ultimate edition in store with the minimum $5 deposit and then when I pick the game up I'm use the coupon and pay the rest in full on pickup day

Could we take the arguing about GCU and Best Buy policies to DM's or make a separate thread for it? It's really cluttering up this thread.

Could we take the arguing about GCU and Best Buy policies to DM's or make a separate thread for it? It's really cluttering up this thread.
They should be taken to the BestBuy Unboxed forums where BB representatives are actually forced to explain themselves and apologize for their policies, and BROKEN IT systems. Even their cash register software is shit.

Do you have any idea how many times I've been mischarged on in-store pre-orders because the system "forgot" to take off the pre-order deposit?

For those who haven't seen it, Metro Redux will come with a $10 gift card, but only if purchased during the promotion next week, meaning pre-orders won't likely get it. This is according to the Best Buy forums.

How worthwhile is the ultimate edition content for Madden?
worthless unless you play ultimate team, if you play ultimate team its worth it to pay the $10 for 30 pro packs and 10 rookies. on top of preorder deals it might be overkill though as i believe you get $15 worth of MUT content with all preorders.

worthless unless you play ultimate team, if you play ultimate team its worth it to pay the $10 for 30 pro packs and 10 rookies. on top of preorder deals it might be overkill though as i believe you get $15 worth of MUT content with all preorders.
How can getting more content for MUT be overkill?

The $10 bonus is for the Ultimate Edition as well right? I'm going to cancel my standard preorder and re-preorder the Ultimate.

So, GCU brings UE down to $56, plus the $10 off coupon brings it to $46. I just want to make sure there's also the $10 MYBB cert with it to make it $36.

How can getting more content for MUT be overkill?

The $10 bonus is for the Ultimate Edition as well right? I'm going to cancel my standard preorder and re-preorder the Ultimate.

So, GCU brings UE down to $56, plus the $10 off coupon brings it to $46. I just want to make sure there's also the $10 MYBB cert with it to make it $36.
yes the $10 bonus is for the UE also cause that also the one I preordered

They should be taken to the BestBuy Unboxed forums where BB representatives are actually forced to explain themselves and apologize for their policies, and BROKEN IT systems. Even their cash register software is shit.

Do you have any idea how many times I've been mischarged on in-store pre-orders because the system "forgot" to take off the pre-order deposit?
Dude, I was trading a couple games in, the lady asked for my phone number to get my RZ account and then somehow it didn't go on my account and I didn't get the double points or the extra 10%.

If it wasn't for the $10 pre-order bonuses and GCU I wouldn't ever shop at Best Buy.

Dude, I was trading a couple games in, the lady asked for my phone number to get my RZ account and then somehow it didn't go on my account and I didn't get the double points or the extra 10%.

If it wasn't for the $10 pre-order bonuses and GCU I wouldn't ever shop at Best Buy.

For those who haven't seen it, Metro Redux will come with a $10 gift card, but only if purchased during the promotion next week, meaning pre-orders won't likely get it. This is according to the Best Buy forums.
It`s weird that they can get instant gc promos on weaker titles but either get nothing on major ones or flat out weak offers.

I'm going to cancel my standard preorder and re-preorder the Ultimate.
FYI, unless it`s a CE/LE that`s truly limited you wouldn`t have to cancel for in-store pre-orders.
You can do a $5 pre-order for a 360 copy of a eligible $10 game at one store & flat out buy the PS4 copy at another store. As long as you buy it on release & have your MBB info linked to both you`ll get the $10 credit.

I`ve done it alot when I was closer to another BB vs where I pre-ordered it at. Plus scored CE`s that where priced wrong when I pre-ordered the standard.

Simply meet the two requirements 1-Pre-order 2-Purchase w/i the time frame you`re good

just curious what delivery times people have been seeing for preordering thru the web site. I am tempted to preorder modern warfare atlas pro but cannot do instore delivery anymore. but I want it close to release. expedited is expensive.

If I decide to pick up the Madden ultimate team edition instead of the standard that I got pre ordered in store will I have to pre order the ultimate to get the $10 back in rewards points and cancel the standard?

Idk if this has been answered but was wondering if I preordered the Destiny PS4 bundle, and I want to use the 10% Movers Coupon, will I have to cancel the preorder to use it, and if so, can I still get the $10 Reward Cert after?

If I decide to pick up the Madden ultimate team edition instead of the standard that I got pre ordered in store will I have to pre order the ultimate to get the $10 back in rewards points and cancel the standard?
I believe so or you'll lose the preorder cert. I did both and will simply cancel whichever I decide not go with after my EA Access trial. Though, to be honest, I think $8 for a reported $40 in value on the version I will have for a few years is most likely going to be my choice.

Idk if this has been answered but was wondering if I preordered the Destiny PS4 bundle, and I want to use the 10% Movers Coupon, will I have to cancel the preorder to use it, and if so, can I still get the $10 Reward Cert after?
Yes, I preordered the Madden Xbox One console and used the $50 xbox coupon from the trade up promo, the movers 10% coupon, an $80 cert and some gift card credit to pay for the bundle.

On another note, I'm tempted to apply my madden $10 coupon to the mix but I think it may not stack with all the other coupons. Plus I'm fully paid off and don't want to jeapordize any register magic my Best Buy rep did to make it all work for the preorder, since the $50 coupon had an expiration date that has since passed.

just curious what delivery times people have been seeing for preordering thru the web site. I am tempted to preorder modern warfare atlas pro but cannot do instore delivery anymore. but I want it close to release. expedited is expensive.
Everything I've ordered since Feb/March has shown up on release day or the day after and I always choose free shipping. I do live in the center of the country though so most anything gets here in 3 days regardless of how its shipped.

Everything I've ordered since Feb/March has shown up on release day or the day after and I always choose free shipping. I do live in the center of the country though so most anything gets here in 3 days regardless of how its shipped.
thanks. I have heard so many horror stories about the slower shipping, though.

No, if you pre-order ANY version but puchase a different version you still get the $10 just make sure you MBB is linked to both.

No, if you pre-order ANY version but puchase a different version you still get the $10 just make sure you MBB is linked to both.
Yep, I pre-ordered GTA V on 360, but ended up needing the PS3 version instead. Without having pre-ordered the PS3 version and without picking up the pre-ordered 360 copy, I got the $10 anyway. Seems you just need your account to have any qualifying SKU for the game pre-ordered and then purchase any qualifying SKU to get the $10. Doesn't have to be the exact one pre-ordered.

Aww. Oh well I went to Best Buy today anyway for trade ins so I canceled my regular edition pre order and got the ultimate team edition pre ordered instead. Good to know though so say they don't have my Destiny limited edition I pre ordered in store with $5 down I can just get the standard version and give them my pre order receipt still for the limited edition and that will still take the $5 I put towards the pre order and I'll still get the $10 back in rewards points?

Aww. Oh well I went to Best Buy today anyway for trade ins so I canceled my regular edition pre order and got the ultimate team edition pre ordered instead. Good to know though so say they don't have my Destiny limited edition I pre ordered in store with $5 down I can just get the standard version and give them my pre order receipt still for the limited edition and that will still take the $5 I put towards the pre order and I'll still get the $10 back in rewards points?
Yep, as long as the 2 requirements(1-P/O, 2-Purchase) are met in the correct time frame & they are linked to your MBB you`re good.

I've ordered nearly every AAA game this year and I've only gotten 1 of them on the day of release. The average seems to be 3-4 days AFTER.
it depends cause I have the same experiences as the other poster above who receive his release day

My last 10 pre orders have all been received on release day every single time. Dark souls 2, Mario kart 8, titanfall, South Park, and more

I've averaged close to a week AFTER release for anything I've preordered from BB. Not a fan of their preorder service.

What I do now is Preorder online for anything I'm not in a HUGE rush to get.  

If there is a promo or price glitch (or collectors edition) then I'll grab it online when I see the deal and assume I'll get it a week late.   Then  if I really NEED it on Day 1 (friends all getting it etc) I'll just have my wife preorder it on her GCU account in store and pick it up day 1 (if it's there), if I can wait I'll just order her copy online with mine (if it's worth it to her).

Most games that I really want on Day 1 seem to be a 0% investment with their high TIV.   I don't care if I'm playing a Standard edition until I get the CE edition.   Most of the time I have no problem waiting anyways, it's the very rare games that I want on Day 1.

When I acutally think about it, Im going to cancel my destiny ps4 bundle and order it here at BB. A $10 cert along with using a movers coupon provides me with about $55 worth in cash savings plus its puts me over my Elite $$ for the year

When I acutally think about it, Im going to cancel my destiny ps4 bundle and order it here at BB. A $10 cert along with using a movers coupon provides me with about $55 worth in cash savings plus its puts me over my Elite $$ for the year
you should do that

Oh so the bundle does get the $10 in rewards? Mmmm, wait for BF and Freedom 5% cash back with Amazon, or get this :whistle2:k

Oh so the bundle does get the $10 in rewards? Mmmm, wait for BF and Freedom 5% cash back with Amazon, or get this :whistle2:k
Im sure this white bundle wont be on sale at BF. I just know cancelling my gamestop preorder will be a pain. Paid mostly cash and I dont wanna wait for a check....(work second shift so its difficult to get in there at night when they have plenty of cash)

This is not fully on topic, but I went to get Madden at midnight and I had decided I wanted to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition. It was too late to cancel and re-order when I decided to do this earlier today, so I thought I would see what they could do tonight. I didn't want to risk affecting the preorder bonus so I asked if they could first complete the transaction and then let me put it towards the other version, still thinking I might have to call the MyBestBuy number eventually if the points didn't post.

What was awesome was that after they completed the transaction, the girl said it was too soon for it to let her do a proper return. So she does a "no receipt" style return without linking my Reward Zone and puts in on a card. She then rings the Ultimate Edition up and asks for my phone number to link it, which gave me the 20% off and then she hands me a gift card.

Long story short, they paid me $4.21 to upgrade and neither she nor the assistant manager standing next to her the whole time thought that was strange. And while she didn't do it on purpose, by not using my phone number on the return she guaranteed that I won't have issues with the points posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back