Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If I preordered the destiny bundle online for store pickup and I cancel the order to add the free gcu would that void the 10$ preorder ? I've seen it mentioned that as long as you preorder and purchase within 7 days you'll have met the requirements and still receive the 10$ bonus . I assume that only applies to instore preorders because if I cancel my online order I'd essentially be canceling my preorder in the process .

The $10 RC for Halo: MCC still haven't shown up under its Special Offer, and it's not on the promo page either. There's the $10 RC promo banner there though. I know BBY forum guys are very reliable, but just want to see it there, either in the lineup or Special offer. Just in case :)
yeah when i went to preorder this i also preordered NBA 2K15 and Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. 2K15 and COD receipts printed mentioning the $10 cert but when i preordered Halo the receipt had no mention of the $10 cert. so i decided to hold off on the preorder for now.

It's in the promo for sure. This was supposed to be updated in all the places you mentioned. Checking into that. You are good to go on this one.
Already pre-ordered it, and still months to go until it's released. I'm sure you guys will sort out the details before then, right? :p

Thanks for looking into this.

If I preordered the destiny bundle online for store pickup and I cancel the order to add the free gcu would that void the 10$ preorder ? I've seen it mentioned that as long as you preorder and purchase within 7 days you'll have met the requirements and still receive the 10$ bonus . I assume that only applies to instore preorders because if I cancel my online order I'd essentially be canceling my preorder in the process .
You can return/rebuy the console vs cancelling the order or pre-order($5 in-store) destiny then just purchase the console outright. The issue now is that with all these promos BB`s console stock may actually sellout.

See my thing is, I'm gonna walk in there and go "hey I need to return/rebuy this. Got it?"
Yeah not sketch at all
When they ask why you simply show them the weekly ad offer tell them the truth, you pre-ordered online and GCU is in-store only. They can`t refuse the return it`s w/i 15 days.

Sure you can, the receipt does look weird b/c of how the system attaches the amount of the gc to the item but though.
You am only post purchase if the amount of then a e drops slow the price of the game minus the gift card. I understand you may get it but I know what the policy is as I work closely with the gaming reps.

The pure policy is that the GC is deducted from the price if the game so only I the game drops below the price of the game minus the GC amount can you PM.

Anyone know what's going on with the collector editions of Advanced Warfare? You can't pre order online with in store pick up and you can't pre order in store either.
From what I've heard. They had a low original commitment of CEs. This doesn't mean more won't be available soon, but their original shipment numbers are lower than normal.

We/I need an east coaster to report in on this. Id really hate to have a GCU scanned and then have to buy it without being free
Not really an issue no one will miss an extra $120 added on and since it`s in the weekly ad/bb.com easy to show for manual override.

In fact, a manual override could be better if they take $120 off the system vs making GCU free, you get 2x pts on the $120 vs standard on consoles but it`ll kill the movers coupon.

Not really an issue no one will miss an extra $120 added on and since it`s in the weekly ad/bb.com easy to show for manual override.
In fact, a manual override could be better if they take $120 off the system vs making GCU free, you get 2x pts on the $120 vs standard on consoles but it`ll kill the movers coupon.
What if you have a single item movers coupon , it would take 10% off of the highest price item (console) which wouldn't be affected by an override for gcu or free game ? Reason I mention that is because if the madden bundle not prompting the free game is indeed not an error from bestbuy's standpoint I'm going to attempt to get an overide for the free game instore while using my single item movers coupon .

Would I be able to get two $10 promos if I'm buying Destiny for both X1 and PS4? Or is it 1 per title regardless of platform?

Question on midnight releases at BB:

The last midnight release I was at was for Halo 4. To me, it took too long--they had three lines: in-store pre-order, online pre-order, and then no pre-order. They were really slow and it took a while. 

I like GameStop's--you come in Monday evening to finalize payment, get a #, and come back at midnight and you're in and you're out depending on your number.

Any feedback on Best Buy's? I would appreciate it, as I'm figuring out which one to do, please.

looking for advice on BB return policy...

I recently became Elite last week.  Back in July, I ordered a PS4 Destiny Ghost Edition as soon as it was available.  Will I get 15 days to return it because the purchase was made before becoming Elite or 30 days since I am Elite now at the time of product delivery?

First time pre-ordering online, tried a couple times this week for Destiny and again today, but it wants me to pay the entire amount of up front. Thought it was only $5 for preorder, but when I apply my Reward Certificates/GC, it still asks for my credit card CID and subtotal is whole amount of the game, even when choosing Pre-Order and store pickup. 

Can I use the 10% online mover's coupon, or is all of this "too much" for the online system to handle? 

new to this, would you get $10 pre order credit stack with the 20% off price Gamers club?

First time pre-ordering online, tried a couple times this week for Destiny and again today, but it wants me to pay the entire amount of up front. Thought it was only $5 for preorder, but when I apply my Reward Certificates/GC, it still asks for my credit card CID and subtotal is whole amount of the game, even when choosing Pre-Order and store pickup.
Yes, you need to pay the full amount up front for store pickup. You are paying the full amount in reward certs and GC, but still asking for credit card?

new to this, would you get $10 pre order credit stack with the 20% off price Gamers club?
You get both.

Question on midnight releases at BB:

The last midnight release I was at was for Halo 4. To me, it took too long--they had three lines: in-store pre-order, online pre-order, and then no pre-order. They were really slow and it took a while.

I like GameStop's--you come in Monday evening to finalize payment, get a #, and come back at midnight and you're in and you're out depending on your number.

Any feedback on Best Buy's? I would appreciate it, as I'm figuring out which one to do, please.
I haven't done one since Black Ops 2 and I think different locations do things differently, but mine had a system similar to Gamestop where you had a line to finalize things before midnight and then got into another line to show them proof you paid and leave with your game at midnight. I showed up with only a few minutes til midnight and I was out of there before 12:10 because they just gave me my game in the finalize payment line since it was already after midnight.

Yes, you need to pay the full amount up front for store pickup. You are paying the full amount in reward certs and GC, but still asking for credit card?
Thanks for confirming. Couldn't use mover's coupon, and some Rewards are still pending, so paid full amount in GC to get it through. Kinda disappointing, as I couldn't use certificate to pay for pre-order in-store yet it works online, but cant use coupon online, and have to pay full amount.

Thanks for confirming. Couldn't use mover's coupon, and some Rewards are still pending, so paid full amount in GC to get it through. Kinda disappointing, as I couldn't use certificate to pay for pre-order in-store yet it works online, but cant use coupon online, and have to pay full amount.
Not to sound like an ass, but what made you think you wouldn't need to pay it all off up front online? Every single retailer makes you do this. You can't put $5 down at GS.com, Amazon.com, newegg.com or anywhere else. The only time you can do a small amount to reserve your copy is in store.

I assumed the reasoning for this was pretty simple to understand, so many I am missing your train of thought on the matter?

Not to sound like an ass, but what made you think you wouldn't need to pay it all off up front online? Every single retailer makes you do this. You can't put $5 down at GS.com, Amazon.com, newegg.com or anywhere else. The only time you can do a small amount to reserve your copy is in store.

I assumed the reasoning for this was pretty simple to understand, so many I am missing your train of thought on the matter?
You pay $0 up front at amazon and I'd assume the same at newegg (haven't preordered in a long time from there)...

What if you have a single item movers coupon , it would take 10% off of the highest price item (console) which wouldn't be affected by an override for gcu or free game ? Reason I mention that is because if the madden bundle not prompting the free game is indeed not an error from bestbuy's standpoint I'm going to attempt to get an overide for the free game instore while using my single item movers coupon .
The coupon attaches to the highest price eligible item and the madden console issue should already be fixed.

looking for advice on BB return policy...

I recently became Elite last week. Back in July, I ordered a PS4 Destiny Ghost Edition as soon as it was available. Will I get 15 days to return it because the purchase was made before becoming Elite or 30 days since I am Elite now at the time of product delivery?
Not 100% sure but I believe that fill be under Elite since the purchase hasn`t really been made...you haven`t received MBB pts for the transaction right?

Saw the preorder cards for GTA:v and on it they say you get $10 in rewards per game. The wording is different than the previous preorder cards. Maybe we'll be finally getting more than one cert per game purchased.

I wonder how early we have to get there on Mon. night to get a free t-shirt (before they are gone). Guess I'll show up a little before midnight but how long is the line for these events usually?

Never went to one of these...this is the 1st time my local BBs are doing a midnight release.

The OP has all the DLC info/links
Either on the receipt or in/on the actual game case.
OK thanks.

Saw the preorder cards for GTA:v and on it they say you get $10 in rewards per game. The wording is different than the previous preorder cards. Maybe we'll be finally getting more than one cert per game purchased.
That`s just wording, when asked about getting more than 1 per account they cited GCU is for 1 person this 1 bonus and "inventory" concerns. Further follow-up brought up convo about a second tier of GCU where multiple promos would like to it`s GCU but the cost sould increase but that`s the on realistic way we`ll see more per account.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-a-1-year-GCU-quot-Household-quot-Subscription-w-extended/idi-p/807868

I pre-ordered Destiny Limited Edition way back late July I think. Were we supposed to get any Best Buy exclusive pre-order dlc like the motorcycle thing that Gamestop gets? And are we supposed to receive any Best Buy dlc through email or on our receipt when we pick it up?
The OP has all the DLC info/links
Either on the receipt or in/on the actual game case.

hmm figure this is probably the best thread to ask in. Does BBY charge your card at time of pre-order now? I noticed a pre order i put in the other day already on my card and it doesn't come out for months

hmm figure this is probably the best thread to ask in. Does BBY charge your card at time of pre-order now? I noticed a pre order i put in the other day already on my card and it doesn't come out for months

Yes they put a hold on that amount then actually charge the card upon release.

Will they be adding assassins creed Rogue to the list closer to release day?
Doubtful but I guess it's possibly, There might be a better chance for a giftcard, but that wouldn't till closer till release.

You pay $0 up front at amazon and I'd assume the same at newegg (haven't preordered in a long time from there)...
You still have to put an order through for the full $60. It doesn't take it at amazon until it ships, BBY does put a hold on it from time to time unlike amazon.

But the person I quoted was wondering why they can't just put $5 down...No online retailer allows you to just put $5 down on a pre-order. You need to pay the whole thing off (regardless of when they actually take the money) right when you place the order.

well my game has not shipped yet its the limited edition if i order store pickup and do the midnight launch and buy the regular edition this time will i get another $10 rewards credit?

1-$10 certificate per account
see i wasn't sure if the "system" counted the limited edition and the regular edition as different games...

hell the system before issued me my $20 credit for wolfenstein and then 3 days later took it away. (which i called in on and they returned to me)

I am new to the certificates. How long do they last when you issue them? and what restrictions are one them (i.e. can't be combined with any other offer etc...) Thanks

How does BB run midnight stuff? Only went there for the XBO release.
My Best Buy had a live band for GTA V. Had completely free FreeBirds World Burrito catering for all about 90 minutes before midnight. Spacious and I streetpassed a lot of people. I enjoy it more than GameStop, less smelly.

I need some info in regards to the bestbuy midnight release , sorry I haven't went to one since halo 2 when I worked in a mall and hid in my store to beat every one in line that had to wait outside . I already pre ordered so I'm aware I can show up at 12 and pick it up . What I want to know is can you trade in games after regular store hours ? Also are you able to buy other things , how does it work do they close the store and reopen at midnight or you can shop around in store before 12 ?

I'm sure it's YMMV on doing trade ins and buying other items at a midnight release, but considering how long trade ins take at some stores, I wouldn't count on doing those with so many people there.

I'm surprised, I preordered Destiny LE from Bestbuy for $80 and my UPS tracking number shows it'll arrive tomorrow (launch day) which has never happened to me.   Add in the fact that it's being shipped from CA makes it even stranger.  

I'm definitely surprised to get it so quickly.

I am new to the certificates. How long do they last when you issue them? and what restrictions are one them (i.e. can't be combined with any other offer etc...) Thanks
You get the cert in 15-20 days from the purchase date of the game
They last 90 days(the 500 Mybb pts will auto issue a cert depending on your settings/elite or elite plus status)
Even if one is about to expire you can simply buy something using it then return it to restart the 90 days
The main "restiction" is that you must spent at least $0.01 more than the cert amount...so if you have a $10 cert your pre-tax total must be at least $10.01.

Certs are considered "payment" but they effect the total taxable amount nicely in the customers favor so you can buy a $400 PS4 using $400 in certs only needing to add a $2 soda to transaction. The total cost would be the $2 & tax on the $2 thus saving all the tax on the $400 PS4.

Moment of truth. Will Best Buy have my Destiny limited edition on ps4 that I put $5 down on an in store pre order or not. I'm scared they won't. Lol What time u guys think I should go up there?

Moment of truth. Will Best Buy have my Destiny limited edition on ps4 that I put $5 down on an in store pre order or not. I'm scared they won't. Lol What time u guys think I should go up there?
This was BB response to not being prepared during the B1G1 offer on 3DS
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Better-Awareness-of-Deals-Promos-Offers-BestBuy-provides/idi-p/832011
Get there ASAP b/c I wouldn`t trust them on a game this big with such huge demand and stock already being a limited issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back