Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You get the cert in 15-20 days from the purchase date of the game
They last 90 days(the 500 Mybb pts will auto issue a cert depending on your settings/elite or elite plus status)
Even if one is about to expire you can simply buy something using it then return it to restart the 90 days
The main "restiction" is that you must spent at least $0.01 more than the cert amount...so if you have a $10 cert your pre-tax total must be at least $10.01.

Certs are considered "payment" but they effect the total taxable amount nicely in the customers favor so you can buy a $400 PS4 using $400 in certs only needing to add a $2 soda to transaction. The total cost would be the $2 & tax on the $2 thus saving all the tax on the $400 PS4.
good info to know, thanks.

Not to sound like an ass, but what made you think you wouldn't need to pay it all off up front online? Every single retailer makes you do this. You can't put $5 down at GS.com, Amazon.com, newegg.com or anywhere else. The only time you can do a small amount to reserve your copy is in store.

I assumed the reasoning for this was pretty simple to understand, so many I am missing your train of thought on the matter?

You still have to put an order through for the full $60. It doesn't take it at amazon until it ships, BBY does put a hold on it from time to time unlike amazon.

But the person I quoted was wondering why they can't just put $5 down...No online retailer allows you to just put $5 down on a pre-order. You need to pay the whole thing off (regardless of when they actually take the money) right when you place the order.
thank you for the answer. please accept my apologies for:

-not being a pre-order ninja

-not knowing the rules of the big three online gaming retailers

-automatically assuming that considering BB lets customers put down $5 for an in-store pre-order, that maybe, there's a chance it might be possible to do this online (so you're telling me there's a chance!?).

not to mention that online you CAN use reward certificates for pre-orders but in-store you CANNOT (duh). i just became a GCU member a couple months ago and madden 15 was literally the first game i've ever pre-ordered in my entire life, and that was in-store. i do not stand in line for game launches at midnight because I need to have a game 12 hours before everyone else. even when i was a kid i never did that (not that there's anything wrong with it for those that do, its just not for me).

god, im such an idiot! oh great one, please forgive me and teach me your ways, so that one day i can follow in your footsteps and become a pre-order ninja :bow:

good info to know, thanks.

thank you for the answer. please accept my apologies for:

-not being a pre-order ninja
-not knowing the rules of the big three online gaming retailers
-automatically assuming that considering BB lets customers put down $5 for an in-store pre-order, that maybe, there's a chance it might be possible to do this online (so you're telling me there's a chance!?).

not to mention that online you CAN use reward certificates for pre-orders but in-store you CANNOT (duh). i just became a GCU member a couple months ago and madden 15 was literally the first game i've ever pre-ordered in my entire life, and that was in-store. i do not stand in line for game launches at midnight because I need to have a game 12 hours before everyone else. even when i was a kid i never did that (not that there's anything wrong with it for those that do, its just not for me).

god, im such an idiot! oh great one, please forgive me and teach me your ways, so that one day i can follow in your footsteps and become a pre-order ninja :bow:
I'd reply but I am at bby right now waiting for Destiny. First midnight launch I've been to in like 5 years. Dang you....

That screenshot was taken by a Canadian if that matters. I don't know if their prices vary from US much. The prices were taken down, so could just be a mistake.

Anyone have luck with Destiny t-shirts at Best Buy midnight opening?

I got there at 11:30 PM, and they were already all gone. The sales rep said that only got 10 in. I got a Destiny wristband though(!)

I got there at 11:30 PM, and they were already all gone. The sales rep said that only got 10 in. I got a Destiny wristband though(!)
that sucks. they are supposed to pass them out to paying customers @ 12 am when they pick up their orders!

The employees usually take majority of the swags before they hand out the rest to the public.

I am still only person in line. There are like 6 people in their cars still. I think the shirt is kinds ugly?
free is free. and did they hand one out to you yet? did they explain the official instructions that they were given by corporate or could you ask them?

Got a bag with a shirt, poster and rubber bracelet alomg with some other bb crap (credit card papers and weekly ad). At watchdogs release there were like 6 dudes, atleast 40 at this and I think 10 of those were off duty employees that got let in early to secure their schwag. Woulda been pissed if the shirts were gone as I was 6th in line. Looked like mostly xbox customers there. One white ps4 buyer and zero ghost editions. Atleast they let us in the store at 1130 this time and pre pay so it went smoothly. Last time we went in at 5 minutes til. Happy gaming moon wizards.

No luck buying any extra xbox one limited edition. Stuck with a regular edition. Same here low amount of tshirts. First people got tshirts and poster. I only got a poster.

Got a bag with a shirt, poster and rubber bracelet alomg with some other bb crap (credit card papers and weekly ad)
Check the CC papers if they have the store offer coupon promo.
There`s a couple different ones

1- Basically a 10% instant gc offer on the entire in-store purchase so spend $50 get a $5 gc, spend $100 get a $10 gc maxed at either a $50 or $100 gc.
2- $10 instant gc just for applying $25 or $50 if you`re approved.

Store management has access to offer these coupons as they see fit but generally CC apps are where I see them the most. Rarely a storeay have them at CS with "customer appreciation" on them too. YMMV

Took me like 20 minutes to cash out. Dang girls at the customer service desk didnt know what they where doing. My gcu 20% didnt show up automatically so the manager did a manual override. Hopefully I get my $10 reward certificate still. Also got the only ps4 limited edition in the store!!! Had a bunch of ghost copies also but I just stuck with the limited edition and got NHL 15 ultimate team edition for the xbox one also!!! Now picking up Captain America 2 steelbook and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at another store in the morning!!! Also got a Destiny t shirt!!!

[quote name="htz" post="12078515" timestamp="1410240260"]Open your game, it should be there.[/quote]
My brother picked up the LE, and said he didn't hey any besides what came with the game.

I thought we were supposed to get BB exclusive DLC.

The only two "DLCs" for Destiny are the Vanguard Armory from every retailer when you pre-order, and a Gamestop red skin for your flyer.  There is also a Bronze Armor DLC from Gamestop you get if you preorder Call of Duty Advanced Warfare.

I don't believe anyone has sent out the Vanguard Armory codes yet, you'll probably get it in email if its not printed out on your receipt.

The actual content DLCs aren't out until later in the year, you get two of them with the season pass ($35) which is included with LE/ghost/digital guardian.

My brother picked up the LE, and said he didn't hey any besides what came with the game. I thought we were supposed to get BB exclusive DLC.
No, Best Buy exclusive DLC. Just the vanguard DLC every retailer is getting. It comes packed inside the game. Even if you don't get it, you can obtain it in the game through regular progression.

Since not many people were at my local Best Buy, I was able to get the t shirt, wrist band, and poster. Also, in an interesting twist, my CSR reminded me that he made an error on a recent trade in of mine (forgot to add the 10%) so he took that off the price of the game. Paid $69.55 for the LE so I am a very happy gamer.

Well I just went to my BBY midnight Destiny release, and it was pretty bad...

Not terrible, but very badly organized.

They had the online orders and in store pre-orders wait in 1 giant line. If it were me it would be two lines, since online orders can be cleared out a lot faster since they are already paid for.

When I get to the register with the game the employee couldn't get it to work for a while. He then informed me he was NOT a cashier, but a saleman and had no idea how to do this.

I asked, then why was he working this event? He said that they needed people because the STORE AS A WHOLE did NOT know they were doing a midnight release until THREE DAYS AGO when they got the stuff to give out (shirts, bands, poster).

I told him the website had them listed for like 3 weeks, and he said they had no idea until 3 days ago.

I personally find that impossible to believe. Perhaps, yet again, my local store manager just did not keep up to date with the things going on in his store and that is why it was run so poorly.

So even though I was like 20th in line I did not leave the store until 12:30-12:40.

I do not blame the employees that helped me, they were nice. But I blame the store manager for once again not being a good manager....

Pretty good experience at my BB. Got a wristband, poster, and my copy all within 15 minutes. I got a glimpse of the LE and man I wish I had the money to spend for it.

There was this one middle aged couple and a 75 year old looking dude there too. Also some guy showed up dressed as a Mandalorian in black and red armor.

you forgot the two most important things: did you get a shirt, and was there any free food
I got all 3 yes. But no food, just some guys being sleezy to women they saw and smoking cigarette and cursing up a storm. And another guy with chewing tobacco spitting on the curb.

Just got back with my LE copy, got poster, shirt and wrist band as well. Transaction was pretty smooth except having to switch to 3 different registers to find one that will boot up.

Only problem is when I got home I looked at my receipt although it says DEPOSIT PAID : $5 from my preorder it didn't deduct the $5 from my total. This is the first time I did a PO in store instead of store pickup but had this happen to anyone else?

I'll be going back tomorrow anyways to pick up Captain America Steelbook so I could get it adjusted but I'm afraid it'll mess up the $10 Cert bonus.

Just got back from Best Buy.  It was a pretty organized event.  They had the customers come in at 11:45 to pay, and then wait again outside until exactly 12 to pick up the games.  Saw two folks ahead of me pick up white PS4s and 2 others with the LE on the XBONE.  

The store had about 15 PS4s on hold for cusomer pickup.  

My store only passed out posters, and gave out the shirt when you went in to pay.  I didn't see any wrist bands though.  

I got there around 10:40 and was 5th in line.  When I left there were about 25 people waiting to pick up their games. 

Just got back with my LE copy, got poster, shirt and wrist band as well. Transaction was pretty smooth except having to switch to 3 different registers to find one that will boot up.
Only problem is when I got home I looked at my receipt although it says DEPOSIT PAID : $5 from my preorder it didn't deduct the $5 from my total. This is the first time I did a PO in store instead of store pickup but had this happen to anyone else?
I'll be going back tomorrow anyways to pick up Captain America Steelbook so I could get it adjusted but I'm afraid it'll mess up the $10 Cert bonus.
The $10 bonus should be fine you already met the pre-order requirement and buying it during release week is the final requirement. The only change maybe the 500 MB pts showing up as a standalone item on mybb.com vs being linked in the actual purchase history of the purchase itself. How is shows up now is already hit or miss so no biggie.

I didn't get the vanguard pre-order dlc code either. wtf...and i pre-ordered the limited edition for ps4. is there some glitch in which the code wasn't properly placed in the limited editions?

My store only passed out posters, and gave out the shirt when you went in to pay. I didn't see any wrist bands though.
Are you sure? The rubber wrist bands are wrapped around the posters to hold their cylindrical shape...at my local best buy at least.

I got the poster and band, along with the t-shirt. they said xl was the only size they had left...but i was 5th in line lol. so does that mean that only 4 shirts were a diff size or was it bs and xl was the only size they ever had... *shrug*

Well that is highly shady.. makes me almost want to boycott Best Buy for disrespecting their customers.
Every store has done this. The biggest issue was with Walmart employee's doing this for Black Friday deals years ago. They'd hide all the big TV's, laptops or Game Systems and buy them later. Whole stores didn't even have these items for customers because employees already put 'dibbs' on them in the back.

Now they're not even allowed to shop in store and every year they're told the RULES.

quick question for Best Buy pro shoppers. If I don't pick up my Destiny pre-order I get my RZ certs refunded correct? I used $25 in certs to pre-order the game back in June. I feel like my certs would've expired by now if I didn't pre-order. Thoughts? Should I just keep the pre-order and sell the game online in an effort to get my money back?

Thanks CAGS you're the best. 

quick question for Best Buy pro shoppers. If I don't pick up my Destiny pre-order I get my RZ certs refunded correct? I used $25 in certs to pre-order the game back in June. I feel like my certs would've expired by now if I didn't pre-order. Thoughts? Should I just keep the pre-order and sell the game online in an effort to get my money back?

Thanks CAGS you're the best.
Pick it up then return it and your certificates should go back in your account as a brand new reward certificate with a new expiration date.

I ordered a LE for XB1.  BB said they didn't have it, that it was a vendor issue, and that they sent 360LEs by mistake....quite. pissed.

No shirt, just poster and wrist band.  Woopty-shit.

Cash registers went down at my Best Buy last night. I wasn't interested in waiting for two hours so I left empty handed. They're usually solid though.

This was BB response to not being prepared during the B1G1 offer on 3DS
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Better-Awareness-of-Deals-Promos-Offers-BestBuy-provides/idi-p/832011
Get there ASAP b/c I wouldn`t trust them on a game this big with such huge demand and stock already being a limited issue.
These two things are completely unrelated. One was demand related the other is following the hold process per policy. I would recommend picking up your game as soon as you can though. Better to have it in hand than have something that shouldn't happen, happen.

Did the BB launch and got the Ghost and Limited Editions along with 2 large t-shirts, wristbands and posters. We had to jump on the shirts though as soon as we got to the register... we were sixth in line but checked out after a lot of people since they separated the online orders to a separate line with a girl who didn't know quite what she was doing. Basically had to tell the girl to grab the shirts before doing the transaction and she was nice about it. My wife was pissed that the female employees had taken all the small size shirts (they were wearing them). I didn't think they got different sizes (then again they had L and XL waiting for us) but she was confident they were wearing them.

Well that is highly shady.. makes me almost want to boycott Best Buy for disrespecting their customers.
It just depends on the store. I remember when attending the Gears of War 3 midnight launch at BB, the employees were asking each other who was interested in getting some launch swag for themselves. I've attended other releases where nobody cared and gave out the freebies to only the customers present.

Somebody at the BBY unboxed forums said that all of the employees were wearing Destiny shirts and had only 10 remaining to give out to the customers lol.

I didn't attend the midnight launch last night but my Best Buy store promised to hold an XL shirt for me when I come in later today. Wish I knew about the posters and wristbands though. I would have asked them to hold one for me too.

Showed up to my local BB at 11:30pm, picked up a T-shirt, wristband, and poster and promptly took off, didn't want to wait around until midnight to pick up my pre-order. My BB didn't even care to ask if you had pre-ordered the game lol

My BB had the worst midnight launch I've been to last night.  Didn't open the doors until midnight - employees were sitting right inside the doors playing cards, and one guy kept walking to the doors like he was going to open them & then he would turn around laughing.  When we finally got in, no swag of any kind - zero t-shirts, posters, whatever.  And I was first in line.  Then my Ghost edition was badly damaged, both front corners separated.  I complained and they said "Oh, we'll have to order you another one, we only got 3 and they're all spoken for."  I politely asked them where they expected to be able to order another copy of something that has been sold out for months and got no reply.

I was waiting on some friends who were behind me and kept talking to my wife about how irritated I was with all of this - told her I was going to call the support line today & see if they could at least give me some credit back.  I assume the employees overheard me because in a minute they sent someone over with another copy that was in much better shape (found out later it also had one corner of the lid separated, but it's not nearly as noticeable and I think I can patch it up).  One of my friends said he overheard that it was one of the employee's copies that they had put back for themselves.  

Honestly, if it wasn't for the 20% discount at BB I'd cancel all of my preorders with them & take my business elsewhere.  Every time I've had to deal with that store's employees over the last several months it has been a cluster.  They're all extremely rude and have no clue what's going on or how they're supposed to handle pretty much anything - I've had trouble across the board now, with trade-ins, preorders, pickups, you name it.

I think the boxes are very poorly put together. I had one fall of my cart, and the corner split open. It fell about 1 foot, so I assume if these had any kind of rough handling on the way to the store they would have been damaged.

But Westminster mall BB once again proved to be excellent. In and out within 10 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back