Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG went back to a different Best Buy today to pick up my Cap 2 steelbook and decided to get the Destiny limited edition strategy guide and they denied the price match. Frustrating because the cashier was cool with it then I had to wait like 10-15 minutes for a manager to get over there to put his code in and he said no we don't price match new releases. Like what? Total waste of time then I called the elite phone number and they where taking like another 30 minutes. Now I'm calling 1888 best buy and filling a complaint.
Edit: here's my post I made on best buy forums.

I went into Best Buy today attempting to price match Destiny Limited Edition strategy guide that Best Buy sells for $36.99 to amazon.com price of $22.19 and was denied. After I waited 20 minutes for the manager to get over to the cash register then I called the Best Buy elite hot line and that was taking almost 40 minutes!!! Finally I got frustrated and gave up but this is not a good way to treat your elite members especially in the hold music for the best buy phone number it cuts in and says "at best buy we price match." It doesn't say you price match sometimes. Between last night picking up my Destiny limited edition I had pre ordered and Nhl 15 ultimate team edition, Captain America 2 steelbook, and Agents of shield blu ray I spent about $200 on that stuff alone. And it took the cashier 20 minutes to cash out my pre orders and they obviously didn't set aside my Destiny limited edition because it was the only one in the store they said and they put it on the table for anybody to buy. I'm thinking of returning everything I bought now. On top of that at the Midnight launch last night they made people wait outside the store which was fine and I WAS 5th in line. Then about 20 minutes before midnight about 20 people started trickling into what my best buy has is an elevator you can enter from a parking garage then wait in the entrance between the first door and 2nd set of doors. So they let all those people that got there about 15 minutes before midnight check out before the people that where waiting for an hour plus some. Beyond frustrating...

Bought my XB1 LE, wife's standard and the PS4 destiny console.

Even though my store didn't open at midnight, they had 20+ shirts.   Used the movers coupon on the PS4, got 3 shirts, 2 bands and 1 poster (they stuck it in the bag even after I said no).

All super easy, hassle free though I did see 3 people picking up PS4's without scanning the GCU blue card and another was given the wrong Pre-order (they ordered the 360 version by mistake).   

Several PS4 Destiny bundles in store, quite a few LE and a couple Ghost they said weren't reserved.

For those wondering, the shirts are all Large.   Isn't XL the standard for these things?   Thing won't even fit me, it's sized like a medium.

Is it just me, or does the Ghost edition of Destiny smell really bad? I noticed it the whole ride home... also, I almost got a Destiny PS4 bundle but stupid me opened my mouth and ruined it. I had the Destiny Ghost edition preordered but apparently there was a mix up and they put my tag on one of the PS4 bundles. I was like "nooo, that's not what I ordered, I ordered the ghost edition for the ps4..."

Is it just me, or does the Ghost edition of Destiny smell really bad? I noticed it the whole ride home... also, I almost got a Destiny PS4 bundle but stupid me opened my mouth and ruined it. I had the Destiny Ghost edition preordered but apparently there was a mix up and they put my tag on one of the PS4 bundles. I was like "nooo, that's not what I ordered, I ordered the ghost edition for the ps4..."
:speaktothehand: You purposely chose the stinky box over the PS4 bundle? :shame:

I think the boxes are very poorly put together. I had one fall of my cart, and the corner split open. It fell about 1 foot, so I assume if these had any kind of rough handling on the way to the store they would have been damaged.

But Westminster mall BB once again proved to be excellent. In and out within 10 mins.
Yeah, the construction on the Ghost Edition box is terrible. I had a corner split just carrying it to my car. I normally save my CE boxes, but this one might just go straight to the trash.

Yep, already know I'm going to regret this forever.

You did the right thing. Imagine how the other guy would've felt if he lost his ps4 to you. Plus, I'm pretty sure, Best Buy could've easily found you from their records.
Plus you also don't know they would've altered the charge at your "checkout" process. Or had issues later when/if they realized the mistake.

Plus yeah, if the PS4 bundle was limited or all spoken-for, that other person would have been out.

Karma thanks you.

BB GCU changes went into effect already so the limit is now 3 per platform for purchases of games correct?

Also if I return/rebuy a store pickup order of a game to use a movers coupon does that count as 1 toward my GCU limit or 2?

Thanks for any help!

Wait, so are those of us who pre-ordered the standard edition of Destiny supposed to receive a dlc code of some sort?  Because unlike any other time per-ordereding from Best Buy, I didn't get any sort of code emailed to me right after pick-up.  I thought we were supposed to get a code for some Vanguard items or something?

Edit: Nevermind; inside the game case -_-.

Went to pick up Destiny in the morning and the guy in front of me got the left over last t-shirt from the midnight release =_=
Watch out, store employees take the freebies before customers have a chance. These actions make me question going to Best Buy. What other shady things are happening over there?

Watch out, store employees take the freebies before customers have a chance. These actions make me question going to Best Buy. What other shady things are happening over there?
Sucks a guy(off the clock employee) who was 2 spots behind me in line got a shirt held for him. Was super close to say WTF to the manager. But i figured a tshirt that was probably going to be worn once anyway wasn't worth the hassle. The survey on the receipt is where to get them.

So I spent 45 minutes trying to trade Wolfenstein towards my pre-ordered Destiny (was not paid off yet, just $5 deposit).

So the lady scans it and does the whatever, but doesn't apply the 10% from GCU, I bring it up and a manager nearby says to just deduct $2 from Destiny purchase, fine. 

I need to use a reward cert that they wouldn't let me use on the pre order deposit (again, fine) and they say they can do that.

So my $60 + $3 (tax) - $12 (GCU) - $5 (reward cert) - $5 (pre order) - $27(Wolfenstein) - $2 (manager discount) came out to $16.  Probably the most complex receipt I've ever seen for one game.  

Now, when I look on BestBuy's page, I don't have any pending points or anything for the $10 reward.  Should there be anything listed?  I have just "reward issued" listed three times, with one of those being the one I just used today.  Are the other ones the Destiny reward that I can't use yet?

Would anyone be willing to let me use their GCU account for a NBA 2K15 and potential Master Chief Collection pre-order?  I don't care for the $10 reward points, just want the 20% off discount.

So I spent 45 minutes trying to trade Wolfenstein towards my pre-ordered Destiny (was not paid off yet, just $5 deposit).

So the lady scans it and does the whatever, but doesn't apply the 10% from GCU, I bring it up and a manager nearby says to just deduct $2 from Destiny purchase, fine.

I need to use a reward cert that they wouldn't let me use on the pre order deposit (again, fine) and they say they can do that.

So my $60 + $3 (tax) - $12 (GCU) - $5 (reward cert) - $5 (pre order) - $27(Wolfenstein) - $2 (manager discount) came out to $16. Probably the most complex receipt I've ever seen for one game.

Now, when I look on BestBuy's page, I don't have any pending points or anything for the $10 reward. Should there be anything listed? I have just "reward issued" listed three times, with one of those being the one I just used today. Are the other ones the Destiny reward that I can't use yet?
it'll probably take a day or two to show up as pending. the gc should be available 10-15 days after the pending

I was going to quote the guy that had a similar experience but there's so many damn Destiny discussions going on all over this forum so I've lost track - so my Best Buy also had my Destiny LE for the PS4 tagged on a white PS4 bundle system instead for some odd reason. 

I told them about the screwup and the new cashier told me "thanks for being so honest about it." I told her I know the lead that's in charge of the gaming section and said she should tell her to check all of their .com orders for the systems because I was wondering if somebody from the back warehouse was not paying attention because their inventory is about to get screwed up.  My Best Buy is pretty good to me so it was the least I could do in return.  But still .... wow lol.

BB GCU changes went into effect already so the limit is now 3 per platform for purchases of games correct?
Also if I return/rebuy a store pickup order of a game to use a movers coupon does that count as 1 toward my GCU limit or 2?
Thanks for any help!
Not 100% sure, previously this was stated to count as two by all BB mods however, there MY have been a change per DC Delta. He said he`d confirm for us.

He pretty much confirmed that returns don't count against you. So buy +1, Return -1 and buy +1 puts you at 1.
After that I pointed out the conflicting reports on the forums by several mods, he stated he`d double check to be sure.
They flip flop alot on these "small" things

in my account the 10 promo for preorder destiny is not showing up, usually it says 500 poins pending, i paid this with a gift card, does that have something to do with it?

Ummm... so I take it you only get the $10 reward certificate if you preordered the standard edition? The offer is only showing up on the page for the standard edition. If so, that's really dumb.

Ummm... so I take it you only get the $10 reward certificate if you preordered the standard edition? The offer is only showing up on the page for the standard edition. If so, that's really dumb.
You get the $10 on all editions confirmed by ay ay ron on the best buy forums a long time a go.

I pre-ordered the PS4 bundle online back in July so my points for that purchase have already cleared, but no sign of $10 bonus. However, I did have to do an exchange to get the free GCU and that transaction is listed as pending. I'm going to give it the standard 2 weeks and see if anything changes.

in my account the 10 promo for preorder destiny is not showing up, usually it says 500 poins pending, i paid this with a gift card, does that have something to do with it?
My points are also missing.

It takes a couple days for the Pending points to even show up. The game just released yesterday, I'd wait at least until next Mknday before I started worrying about points not pending. Also the points won't be usable until 9-24 at the earliest.

Lol knew everyone would be freaking out about their points already. My original purchase points posted with double and elite bonus. Now just waiting on my $10 reward cert. when that gets added I'll be at around 1750 points total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back