Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone else it was the vanguard armory access inside the box.
Right, but it isn't a pre-order bonus. It was just a Day 1 Edition. So even if you go and buy a copy today you can get the Vanguard. So I refuse to accept that as a pre-order bonus.

Really wish they'd add The Evil Within and Alien: Isolation to the list of games. My two most anticipated titles of the year, love survival horror!

so will this post as points that process into a cert, or just a cert?
Points.

If I use a $5 rewards cert on an item and return the item is that cert just void and lost or do I get to use it still some how?
It will take 1-3 days to convert back into points after the return.

Really wish they'd add The Evil Within and Alien: Isolation to the list of games. My two most anticipated titles of the year, love survival horror!
I think Best Buy is done with adding titles for this year.

I pre-ordered the PS4 bundle online back in July so my points for that purchase have already cleared, but no sign of $10 bonus. However, I did have to do an exchange to get the free GCU and that transaction is listed as pending. I'm going to give it the standard 2 weeks and see if anything changes.
$10 bonus is now pending for my console purchase, so happy to see things are apparently working as they should be.

Just points pending as well, not 10 cert bonus, yet. I know but I did only preorder on Sunday night so I hope BB doesn't fuck up.

Same question during every release: your points will post within 15 days of pick up.
I just preordered SunSet Overdrive about 2 minutes ago. Why didn't I get my bonus points yet? Is there something wrong? Maybe I should call the 1-800-best-buy!

Btw I'm just kidding.

Points pending now. Going to use my Madden, Destiny, and FIFA certificates to knock down the cost of 2k15, in which I'll get another $10 certificate.

Love you, GCU (and CAG).

Heads up ppl Batman has a release date 6/2/15, here`s hoping for a E3 GCU promo that can be stacked with the $10 offer.

Also, Mortal Kombat X releases on 4/15/15, if you want it to recieve the $10 pre-order or instant giftcard promo vote for it here
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/5790?device-view=desktop

I'm hoping to get two $10 certs. Pre-ordered and bought both a copy of Destiny on PS4 and the Destiny PS4 bundle for my GF.
Then you should`ve pre-order the PS4 copy on your GCU & got the 2nd GCU for her on the console purchase w/pre-order. At that point you`re assured 2 $10 offers going forward.

Voted for Mortal Kombat , everyone should vote it literally takes 5 seconds . Even if you don't think they'll add it at least it gives a chance for a 10$ gc.

Destiny cert is pending for me.  Nice.  The cashier knew all about GCU and made sure it applied as well as my best buy membership.

Anyone have any luck getting a positive resolution from contacting Best Buy about damaged Destiny Ghost edition packages? I'm going to try later on. Just wondering if the consensus is "nada".

still haven't gotten my destiny points yet...do you still get points when you make a purchase with gift cards? i see it on my pending list online but it says $0.00 transaction.

also my best buy site is really annoying me. EVERYTIME i go to log in online, it doesn't accept my password even when i've written it down to make sure its correct. i keep having to reset the password...and next time i logout and login it won't accept my password again.

still haven't gotten my destiny points yet...do you still get points when you make a purchase with gift cards? i see it on my pending list online but it says $0.00 transaction.

also my best buy site is really annoying me. EVERYTIME i go to log in online, it doesn't accept my password even when i've written it down to make sure its correct. i keep having to reset the password...and next time i logout and login it won't accept my password again.
I also pre-ordered and picked up Destiny with gift card. I sent a PM to best buy rep from unlocked forums and he told me we should see the points after 20 days =/

That kind of defeats the GCU.

$47.99 after GCU opposed to $59.99 + $10 RZ certificate ($49.99). You still end up saving more ordering another copy on the GCU account without getting the 2nd certificate.

If I understood correctly.

Am I out $5 if I don't pick up my in-store Destiny pre-order this week? I put $5 down for the standard edition, but ordered one online later when the limited edition became available. I totally forgot to cancel it when I went to pick it up and I don't know if I want to make a trip since the best buy isn't very close by.

Also, are those release dates right for FC4 and AC Unity? There's no way they're going to release those within a week of each other, right?

Am I out $5 if I don't pick up my in-store Destiny pre-order this week? I put $5 down for the standard edition, but ordered one online later when the limited edition became available. I totally forgot to cancel it when I went to pick it up and I don't know if I want to make a trip since the best buy isn't very close by.

Also, are those release dates right for FC4 and AC Unity? There's no way they're going to release those within a week of each other, right?
They will refund you the money in whatever form you paid it.

You should get the $10 bonus too

That kind of defeats the GCU.

$47.99 after GCU opposed to $59.99 + $10 RZ certificate ($49.99). You still end up saving more ordering another copy on the GCU account without getting the 2nd certificate.

If I understood correctly.
Edit: Nevermind I'm a dumb dumb.

I think you could take your pre order receipt to any Best Buy and say you want to cancel that pre order and they will give you your $5 back.

Make multiple bestbuy.com/My Best Buy accounts. Won't work with GCU since that is tied with the My Best Buy account unless you want 2 GCU accounts.
That`s what wives/girlfriends are for put an account in their name, then when there`s promo on GCU whether it be the $60 or the current free w/console one you no longer need to worry about not getting two $10 certs.

Plus that means 6 20% off titles, use one for "just in case" & return/rebuys purchases. Makes no sense to have GCU till like 2020 on 1 account vs 2-3 that last till 2016-2018. Make the extra subs work for you the whole time you`ll end up with more free subs when those run out.

They are correct. Ubisoft delayed AC Unity, it was originally 10/28/14.
Don't forget Ubisoft has The Crew coming out on 11-11-14 also. One thing to keep in mind, all of these games are completely different types of games. I'm super excited for all 3 games. Ubisoft is slowly turning into one of my favor video game companies. Out of the 20 next/current Gen games I own, they produced at least 7-9 of them.

Between October/November and February/March there's definitely not a shortage of games. It makes me nervous because I am not to good with managing a backlog. I always find myself rushing or not finishing a game just so I can move on to the newest game released. It wouldn't be an issue if I had more time for gaming. Being married with two kids, the only time I have to play is when everyone is asleep.

Went to 2 midnight releases on Monday night for Destiny. Went to the Microsoft Store for their free stuff(and won some XO 7's), then to Best Buy to pick up my Limited. Thing is they didn't have my Limited. Said they'd get one for me, pennied out a vanilla copy, and gave me that to take care of me. Haven't opened it yet because I want what I preordered. What are the chances Best Buy gets me this copy before Saturday? Kind of don't want 2 open copies of the same game, when I can regift the vanilla one.

Picked up my Destiny Ghost Edition today, they did not have it at the midnight launch so they let me take home a starndard copy until it came in.  Took it back today and purchased the pre-ordered Ghost Edition, box was damaged but I still wanted it.  Get home, open it up tonight and the steelbook was missing, so no game, no DLC, and no Expansion Packs. 

Picked up my Destiny Ghost Edition today, they did not have it at the midnight launch so they let me take home a starndard copy until it came in. Took it back today and purchased the pre-ordered Ghost Edition, box was damaged but I still wanted it. Get home, open it up tonight and the steelbook was missing, so no game, no DLC, and no Expansion Packs.
Wow.......

I also pre-ordered and picked up Destiny with gift card. I sent a PM to best buy rep from unlocked forums and he told me we should see the points after 20 days =/
I already got my Destiny reward and 2 points per dollar spent.

Here has been my experience with the $10 rewards certificates and gift cards:

If you pre-order a game that has a $10 reward certificate, using a gift card, you still get the reward certificate. You do not get the standard 1 point per dollar spent (or 2 points per dollar spent with GCU) if you pre-order or buy with a gift card. If you pay cash or credit for a pre-order game with a $10 reward certificate, you should get both the reward and the $1/$2 points per dollar spent. Generally, I get them in less than a week, but it can take up to a few weeks.

Between Watch Dogs, Destiny, Madden 15, Shadow of Mordor, Sunset Overdrive, and Assassin's Creed Unity, along with GCU, I will have had all of those games on release day with pre-order bonuses, all for just over $200 spent.

When I started looking into all of my purchases through November, it came out till about $36 each. Now with gta out on 11-18 too, I'll have $35 in Certs remaining afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back