Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have a GC from trades, you already got the 2x points on the trade, they dont let you double dip.  This is probably explained in this thread a few times, but hard to find.

my destiny (purchase) points posted within a day of picking the game up (pre-ordered in july).  i dont expect to see the 500 RZ points for another 10-14 days.

My advice is buy the games with a best buy credit card and save the gift certs/gift cards for the consoles. That way you maximize your rewards. Of course, you have to afford the games cost and have GCU.

Just to confirm, if I used certs on destiny, I can get them back if I pick up my online order and return it in-store?

Just to confirm, if I used certs on destiny, I can get them back if I pick up my online order and return it in-store?
Yes. It will take a few business days, but they should reappear in your account as points, so you can redeem them for a different certificate if you want.

Still don't have the bonus points pending for my Destiny preorder. Anyone else? Also have any of you guys ran into a problem where GCU didn't take 20% off after providing them your Rewards Zone card/number?

Destiny rung up full price with my preorder and the rep made me pay in full. Then in another transaction I got a refund of 20%. I'm thinking that could be the reason for not seeing the bonus points right now

Still don't have the bonus points pending for my Destiny preorder. Anyone else? Also have any of you guys ran into a problem where GCU didn't take 20% off after providing them your Rewards Zone card/number?

Destiny rung up full price with my preorder and the rep made me pay in full. Then in another transaction I got a refund of 20%. I'm thinking that could be the reason for not seeing the bonus points right now
Happens a few times to me before. I just have them cancel the transaction and redo it, always works the second time. They usually think I'm stupid when I'm telling them I'm supposed to get 20% off after it doesn't show. Then in second transaction after it works they put on the "oh my bad face"

Happens a few times to me before. I just have them cancel the transaction and redo it, always works the second time. They usually think I'm stupid when I'm telling them I'm supposed to get 20% off after it doesn't show. Then in second transaction after it works they put on the "oh my bad face"
I see. The rep was too busy researching my account to see how long my GCU was valid for etc...

The deposit should be applying at the very end when they total you out.

Make sure that the associate is in the pickup menu. It's like the first option when they are in the POS menu. They are supposed to look up your preorder or scan your preorder receipt once they are in. The hot key should be F10 to go into pickup mode.

I don't have my Destiny pre-order points either, not pending or anything.  I have the $16 purchase points pending, but not the ones that would give the $10.  I guess I should wait another week before I contact BB?

I don't have my Destiny pre-order points either, not pending or anything. I have the $16 purchase points pending, but not the ones that would give the $10. I guess I should wait another week before I contact BB?
Wait the (15 days?) after release and then contact them. I think that's what they'd tell you anyway.

Got my points pending a couple days after release for the limited edition. Once all my points clear I'll have $50 of best buy points plus my gift cards!!! :)

In points history, Remember to go back and check on the date you made the preorder for your points. I ordered in June so when my destiny points came through, it was on the previous page,

I'm trying not to pay too much attention to my points because I'm saving them for black friday. Wait when do they do the yearly reset?

I'm gonna pick up every game with the exception of elder scrolls online . Enuf has mentioned it in the past that their basically paying you 2 or 3$ per game depending on your state sales tax . You essentially pay 40$ and change after gcu and 10$ rz for pre ordering and most every new release has a 44$ trade value with gcu . Of course this method only makes sense for those who are recycling bb credit not paying out of pocket. You can also factor in the rz points for the trade and that $ amount going towards your elite status . The best part is the games that release between November and xmas you have the ability to post purchase price match competitor prices assuming they have the holiday price match policy same as last year .

Hey Delta, suggest a $10 gift card bonus with the purchase of "Lords of the Fallen". I'll definitely grab that day one if it comes with a $10 gc.

and maybe Crimes and Punishments: Sherlock Holmes too

I'm gonna pick up every game with the exception of elder scrolls online . Enuf has mentioned it in the past that their basically paying you 2 or 3$ per game depending on your state sales tax . You essentially pay 40$ and change after gcu and 10$ rz for pre ordering and most every new release has a 44$ trade value with gcu . Of course this method only makes sense for those who are recycling bb credit not paying out of pocket. You can also factor in the rz points for the trade and that $ amount going towards your elite status . The best part is the games that release between November and xmas you have the ability to post purchase price match competitor prices assuming they have the holiday price match policy same as last year .
How many hundreds do you have in credit, and more importantly, why?

FIFA, NBA, Sunset Overdrive, CoD, and Halo should be all. I'll probably jump on AC & GTA as well.

I'm debating on getting Forza. Not a $10 RZ certificate, but there is a $10 XBL credit. Still up in the air on that one.

As the guy stated above, you're essentially paying $40 for these titles and you can get that, if not, more, at BB or trade-in if you get tired of it. Almost like a rental, essentially. 

I might get Shadow of Mordor day-one, but I'm waiting in the hopes of early reviews to see if it gets high marks. Otherwise, I'm considering Far Cry 4 because it might be cheaper at Best Buy within 45 days after its release so I could get some money back. For everything else, I can wait for price drops or sales.

Two quick questions that I didn't see answered on page 1.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?

Is this one copy of a given game in total, or one copy per system? For example, would I get two rewards if I preordered and bought GTA V for PS4 and XB1?

This is probably a dumb one, but can I cancel and get a refund on a preorder?

Two quick questions that I didn't see answered on page 1.

Is this one copy of a given game in total, or one copy per system? For example, would I get two rewards if I preordered and bought GTA V for PS4 and XB1?

This is probably a dumb one, but can I cancel and get a refund on a preorder?
No--it's one per game.

Yes

Not sure what else I'm getting from BB this year, probably Far Cry 4 but everything else I'm waiting for sales. Got Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive preordered at MS Store thanks to some prior trade in deals.

Has anyone ever had to do a change of address for a preorder? Will they even do that?
Can't you just cancel the preorder and reorder it, unless its for something thats now out of stock or a deal that expired. If its one of those id call them and ask to change it if the website doesnt allow it, I've never looked.

Can't you just cancel the preorder and reorder it, unless its for something thats now out of stock or a deal that expired. If its one of those id call them and ask to change it if the website doesnt allow it, I've never looked.
for me it was all paid for with rz certs and gift cards I don't have anymore. I know I can be reissued/refunded on both with new gift cards, but I'd rather they just change where it's shipping. either way I've got time before I need to sweat it.

If I preorder assassins creed and it goes on sale for black Friday will they price adjust like this recent madden event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back