Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If I preorder assassins creed and it goes on sale for black Friday will they price adjust like this recent madden event?
yea best buy don't match no prices from thanksgiving day up to the day after cyber Monday so for a 4-5 day period best buy don't match any prices not even competitors normal sales during that period http://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/best-buy-low-price-guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

Our Low Price Guarantee does not cover:

• The online prices of retailers not listed
  • Contract mobile phones sold by any online retailer
  • Products shipped from or sold by third-party sellers (Marketplace sellers) on websites
  • Competitors' service prices, Best Buy For Business transactions, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items
  • Any financing offers, bundle offers, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, items that are advertised as limited quantity, out of stock items, open-box items, clearance items, refurbished/used items, deal of the day, daily deals, special hour sale event items, credit card offers, gift card offers, rent/lease to own items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Best Buy or a competitor.

Price-matching is off-limits at all stores on Black Friday.
Thanks. I'll hold off on preordering that in case it does go on sale then. Coming out the same day as master chief means I won't play it any time soon and with rumors of phantom pain this year that's a day one for me as well.

Has anyone actually price matched Madden 15 this week?  Its dropped $10 from release week.  I was actually in Best Buy yesterday and bought some stuff (movers still works on games) and traded in some ps3/360 Maddens I bought, but forgot about the PM for the PS4 and xbone versions I bought 2-3 weeks ago.  

Not really gonna bother unless a few people have good luck, don't feel like sitting for 15 minutes trying to explain about the $10 coupon and how the price should be $10 less even with that or $8 with GCU blah blah blah.

I've pre-ordered PS4 versions of AC5, DA3, GTA5, and Far Cry 4.  Those are all I will definitely play and trade in.  Batman is delayed till June 2015, Battlefield Hardline was awful (played beta), Elder Scrolls PC was beyond bad, I didn't like Evolve beta on PC (too buggy and not my style of game), and don't own an xbox one for SO/Halo.  

Only other tempting one is Shadows of Mordor, damn it comes out 9/30 guess I gotta decide soon.  I was planning on playing it on PC but the downside is can't trade it in when done :(  It is disappointing that no Wii U or 3DS games have $10 certs.

Currently have preordered:

Shadow of Mordor(Cert)-PS4
Alien Isolation-PS4
WWE 2K15-PS4
Sunset OverDrive(Cert)-XboxOne

Plan on Preordering(waiting for usable Certs):

MasterChief Collection(Cert)-XboxOne
AC: Unity(Cert)-PS4
The Crew- PS4
Far Cry 4(Cert)- PS4
GTA 5(Cert)- PS4

Debating on:

The Evil Within
Lords of the Fallen

If those games had Certs they'd be a Must. After doing the math and after GCU and Certs, it comes out to about $36+ tax per game. And afterwards I should have about $40 in Certs still.

I actually have a question about Elite. Half of these purchases will put me over the $1500 for Elite. After I become Elite, when will it reset and I go back down to the normal reward tier? Will it reset at the end of 2014?

Currently have preordered:

Shadow of Mordor(Cert)-PS4
Alien Isolation-PS4
WWE 2K15-PS4
Sunset OverDrive(Cert)-XboxOne

Plan on Preordering(waiting for usable Certs):

MasterChief Collection(Cert)-XboxOne
AC: Unity(Cert)-PS4
The Crew- PS4
Far Cry 4(Cert)- PS4
GTA 5(Cert)- PS4

Debating on:

The Evil Within
Lords of the Fallen

If those games had Certs they'd be a Must. After doing the math and after GCU and Certs, it comes out to about $36+ tax per game. And afterwards I should have about $40 in Certs still.

I actually have a question about Elite. Half of these purchases will put me over the $1500 for Elite. After I become Elite, when will it reset and I go back down to the normal reward tier? Will it reset at the end of 2014?
You will be Elite from whenever the purchases post through the end of 2015. I just bumped up to Elite Plus as a result of a TV purchase and that's the date they gave me.

The next game Im buying is Alien isolation, it sucks that there's no bonus cert but Im hoping BB does one of those $10 GC deals on release. I may pick up DriveClub as well if I like the free PS+ version enough.

Why wait? If it goes cheaper can price match. I doubt they will be any cheaper than 49.99
I was thinking we might see something like $34.99 on BF, and like someone said you cant PM during that time.

You will be Elite from whenever the purchases post through the end of 2015. I just bumped up to Elite Plus as a result of a TV purchase and that's the date they gave me.
Awesome that makes sense. So if I spend $1500 next year it would give me Elite until the end of 2016 correct? And to be Elite Plus, you need to spend $2500 in one calendar year?

Thanks. I'll hold off on preordering that in case it does go on sale then. Coming out the same day as master chief means I won't play it any time soon and with rumors of phantom pain this year that's a day one for me as well.
if you wanting assassin creed i would pre-order the CE now. i price matched this: http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A7913079

also still got the best buy exclusive DLC and plus now i will get the $10 Pre-Order Bonus so my cost is actually $49.99 if i figure in the $10 pre-order bonus

HdupBGf.png

Is anyone else having problems with the online website since yesterday evening I can't log on to my account and place an order???

Is anyone else having problems with the online website since yesterday evening I can't log on to my account and place an order???
No issues here logging in, but I called to get the unity price matched from dell and they said they could not because it includes the best buy exclusive downloadable pistol.... Called again and same story so I am guessing their is a note on their side not to price match

My accounts been telling me my password is wrong for the past few days but I can log in to the my.bestbuy.com site. I've been talking to a representative on the forum to try and get it fixed.

The next game Im buying is Alien isolation, it sucks that there's no bonus cert but Im hoping BB does one of those $10 GC deals on release. I may pick up DriveClub as well if I like the free PS+ version enough.

I was thinking we might see something like $34.99 on BF, and like someone said you cant PM during that time.
Yeah, I think Alien: Isolation should go hand-in-hand with The Evil Within in that both should have $10-GC deals. :pray:

was it a hassle to PM over the phone?
Shockingly enough, no. It took longer for a rep to actually answer the phone ("high volume" calls, 15+ minute wait), and she didn't really ask any questions after I specified the SKU on Bestbuy.com and said how to find the listing on Dell.com.

My accounts been telling me my password is wrong for the past few days but I can log in to the my.bestbuy.com site. I've been talking to a representative on the forum to try and get it fixed.
Let me know if you're able to resolve the issue. I've been having a similar issue. Any Best Buy site (including My Best Buy) tells me my password is wrong and I constantly have to reset it everytime I log in.

Yeah, I think Alien: Isolation should go hand-in-hand with The Evil Within in that both should have $10-GC deals. :pray:

Shockingly enough, no. It took longer for a rep to actually answer the phone ("high volume" calls, 15+ minute wait), and she didn't really ask any questions after I specified the SKU on Bestbuy.com and said how to find the listing on Dell.com.
Never mind, found it.

Let me know if you're able to resolve the issue. I've been having a similar issue. Any Best Buy site (including My Best Buy) tells me my password is wrong and I constantly have to reset it everytime I log in.
There is a very specific set of steps you have to take to fix this issue, it basically involves

1. do a password reset on bestbuy.com

2. clear all the best buy cookies in chrome or whatever browser (they tell you to delete all cookies)

3. click the password reset link in email they sent you

4. use a new different password

5. logout

6. delete all the best buy cookies AGAIN

7. wait 15 minutes

8. login to bestbuy.com with your new password

apparently the steps 5-7 are important, where you have to logout, delete all your cookies, wait a little bit, and login again. I guess the bestbuy website get fux0red if you auto login right after a password change.

in chrome there is a setting somewhere in advanced settings where you can search by cookie name and just delete those, thats what I did to delete all bestbuy cookies and it worked great. otherwise you'll have to delete ALL your cookies if you can't figure that out, or maybe use incognito mode or something?

Will do, I'm currently waiting for them to send me a link in my email to see if that will help reset it.

There is a very specific set of steps you have to take to fix this issue, it basically involves

1. do a password reset on bestbuy.com

2. clear all the best buy cookies in chrome or whatever browser (they tell you to delete all cookies)

3. click the password reset link in email they sent you

4. use a new different password

5. logout

6. delete all the best buy cookies AGAIN

7. wait 15 minutes

8. login to bestbuy.com with your new password

apparently the steps 5-7 are important, where you have to logout, delete all your cookies, wait a little bit, and login again. I guess the bestbuy website get fux0red if you auto login right after a password change.

in chrome there is a setting somewhere in advanced settings where you can search by cookie name and just delete those, thats what I did to delete all bestbuy cookies and it worked great. otherwise you'll have to delete ALL your cookies if you can't figure that out, or maybe use incognito mode or something?
I'm pretty sure I saw that somewhere on the BB forums a few days ago and tried and it didn't help me :(

Will do, I'm currently waiting for them to send me a link in my email to see if that will help reset it.

I'm pretty sure I saw that somewhere on the BB forums a few days ago and tried and it didn't help me :(
I've had the login issues as well. It's a problem with their servers. If you spam logging in multiple times, it'll eventually work (with your current password). Sometimes it says it's wrong... eventually it'll work.

Their system is pretty messed up. Got pretty irritated at this earlier, did all those steps as well but the only thing that worked was a good ole SPAM login between multiple tabs.

I might get Shadow of Mordor day-one, but I'm waiting in the hopes of early reviews to see if it gets high marks. Otherwise, I'm considering Far Cry 4 because it might be cheaper at Best Buy within 45 days after its release so I could get some money back. For everything else, I can wait for price drops or sales.
The 45 days means nothing during the holiday season usually purchases starting from late Oct. or early Nov. can be pm or return/rebuy thru late Jan or early Feb. as part of the expanding no hassle returns. Not sure if you rode the 5 for $100 deal but that`s the way to play it

Buy all the $10 fall games, play n trade looking for $38-$45 TIV, once traded in plan your rebuys since we`ll have all the weekly ads here even BF. Use the $10 certs on as many rebuys or non BF pm`s for your keeper games. Pm the initial purchases thru early 2015 thus maintaining the $10 certs.

You should end up making $5-20(depending on the pm amount, selling DLC & TIV`s) per game in the end. Plus you`ll still have the actual games that can be traded in again later.

FYI: Pm`ing with GCU "should" be easier going forward hopefully signage to assist for the PITA reps

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Are-GCU-members-allowed-to-price-match/m-p/849417/thread-id/16220?device-view=desktop

Did you try buying geek squad services to help you?

For those who are skeptical of whether BB forums votes/kudos matter/makes a difference last weeks free GCU w/console promo was another ideax completed.

I know alot of ppl wanted the offer to extend to the COD or Sunset override bundles so here`s the request thread for that
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Free-Discounted-Gamer-s-Unlocked-Sub-w-Console-Purchase-reboot/idi-p/849445

As for new $10 pre-order titles they wanted us to give them more leadway time so here`s the Mortal Kombat X $10 thread
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/5790?device-view=desktop

I read the reply on the forum.  If it's a post purchase PM, how would you be able to argue that BB should PM the original price pre-GCU?  Or is it that the PM must be lower than the GCU price?  I can see all kinds of arguments if it's the former situation regardless of policy clarifications.

I read the reply on the forum. If it's a post purchase PM, how would you be able to argue that BB should PM the original price pre-GCU? Or is it that the PM must be lower than the GCU price? I can see all kinds of arguments if it's the former situation regardless of policy clarifications.
The ideal situation is that a real world example would be added to the written policy
Basically,
"if you buy a $59.99 game($47.99 w/GCU) & BB puts the game on sale from $59.99 to $39.99 the customer recieves the difference of the $32.99 from the $47.99". As long as long as their GCU is still valid & all other pm`sT&C are met blah blah blah. It needs to be officially added to the pm policy that way we can refer phone/store reps directly to it.

I preordered Destiny for my friend, and I remember it saying GCU members get $20 back in certificates, but I only received $10. I can no longer find proof of the $20 offer. Am I just remembering things wrong?

I preordered Destiny for my friend, and I remember it saying GCU members get $20 back in certificates, but I only received $10. I can no longer find proof of the $20 offer. Am I just remembering things wrong?
The $20 thing was a long time ago and it only lasted for like three games. Destiny never came close to getting that offer.

Was The Evil Within not on this list at one point?  Now it comes with a $10 gift card, as opposed to the reward certificate.  It's actually a better deal but still odd.

yeah thanks for heads up on Evil Within, release date is 10/14 (1 month away).  Wasn't planning on playing it but with $10 GC why not

If you order online for in store pickup the $10 free GC is still mailed to you, kinda weird but whatever.  Another reason not to bother pre-ordering a game that doesn't have $10 reward, anyone who preordered this earlier won't get the free $10 gc.

their tax calculator seems to be working again at least

Glad to hear about The Evil Within. Anyone know if this will work for an in store preorder as well? Was going to wait for reviews on this one and would prefer to just put $5 down. I know the $10 cert works no problem but this is the first time I can recall a gift card promo popping up like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back