Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
how does this work with gamer zone unlocked? Do you still get your 20% off and double points on the purchase along with the bonus 500 points for preordering?

and has anyone herd anything about dead rising 3 apocalypse edition on xbox one? I see newegg has a listing for $50 to be released on 10/8. I don't see it on any other sites and when I google for info all I see is stuff for the pc/steam version. 

how does this work with gamer zone unlocked? Do you still get your 20% off and double points on the purchase along with the bonus 500 points for preordering?

and has anyone herd anything about dead rising 3 apocalypse edition on xbox one? I see newegg has a listing for $50 to be released on 10/8. I don't see it on any other sites and when I google for info all I see is stuff for the pc/steam version.
I had no idea what it was till you mentioned it and it's maybe the game with all the DLC/expansion packs or something? GS also has it on their site releasing 10/8 at $49.99. BB does not.

I had no idea what it was till you mentioned it and it's maybe the game with all the DLC/expansion packs or something? GS also has it on their site releasing 10/8 at $49.99. BB does not.
yea, it when it released on pc it was called the Apocalypse edition and came with all the story dlc's but It doesn't come with the Super Ultra arcade remix hyper ex plus. Maybe the xbox one version will be i doubt it if the pc version didn't get it.[SIZE=.9em] Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus [/SIZE]

I thought newegg just made it up since I couldn't find anything but seeing it on GS assures me it's coming. I didn't see it on amazon either and they usually have preorders as soon as they are available.

Wondering the same thing. Tried to preorder FIFA this weekend and was going to pay in full, but the 20% wouldn't appear.

Posted this over on the best buy forums and haven't gotten a response so I thought I'd throw it out here:

I have pre-ordered most of the games available on the $10 certificates promotion in one online purchase. How will my credit card be charged since they have a range of release dates? Will each charge be applied separately as the games become available or will the whole charge go through once I pick up the first game? I'm not concerned about the pending charges showing up on my account as I'm not near my limit, just the actual final charge.

Posted this over on the best buy forums and haven't gotten a response so I thought I'd throw it out here:

I have pre-ordered most of the games available on the $10 certificates promotion in one online purchase. How will my credit card be charged since they have a range of release dates? Will each charge be applied separately as the games become available or will the whole charge go through once I pick up the first game? I'm not concerned about the pending charges showing up on my account as I'm not near my limit, just the actual final charge.

Each game will be charged separately as they become available. The pending charge amount will decrease as the games become available for shipping/pick up.

Yes. It's normally $48 for the new releases with the discount and you get 96 points plus the bonus 500.

It's nice to find out about the $10 gift card for The Evil Within. I may still hold off on it though. At least till closer till release, hopefully I get my points from Shadow of Mordor to clear first.

I'm showing my points for Destiny are still pending and haven't got the cert yet.. little concerned since so many seem to have got theirs.  I pre ordered online for store pickup, but didn't pick up until Wednesday the day after it released.  Anyone else do this and still waiting?

I'm showing my points for Destiny are still pending and haven't got the cert yet.. little concerned since so many seem to have got theirs. I pre ordered online for store pickup, but didn't pick up until Wednesday the day after it released. Anyone else do this and still waiting?
It's pretty random, much like your engram drops. I would wait until the 15 days has passed before contacting BB. For me, Madden cert showed up immediately (like within 24 hours of day one pickup). For Destiny it showed up ~4 days after day one pickup. For games prior to that, I had to contact BB because certs didn't show up after the 15 days.

I'm showing my points for Destiny are still pending and haven't got the cert yet.. little concerned since so many seem to have got theirs. I pre ordered online for store pickup, but didn't pick up until Wednesday the day after it released. Anyone else do this and still waiting?
Don't worry too much. Give it a few more days unless you are trying to buy something at this moment. Best Buy customer service is actually pretty good at taking care of this. I actually called them when I didn't receive a $20 reward cert for a pair of Xbox One stereo headphones. They issued out the cert and it came in a few days later.

Mine just showed up this morning so they're still in the process of giving them out, it would seem. I know it sucks as it can be very random but if you do run into problems, I've found the Best Buy people on their forums to be quite helpful.

So I preordered The Evil Within, now that it offers a gift card, and they already shipped the card. Could I use the gift card to pay for it when I do in store pick up?

I contacted Best Buy about why the Destiny points didn't show last Wednesday and they got back to me yesterday and gave me 500 points. Even though the points went through for me last Friday. $20 back for Destiny!

I contacted Best Buy about why the Destiny points didn't show last Wednesday and they got back to me yesterday and gave me 500 points. Even though the points went through for me last Friday. $20 back for Destiny!
I feel bad for Best Buy.

Weird thing happened for me also, I picked up all my items but a day or so later I got a notification about an item not being picked up and would be cancelled. I figured it would clear itself up and ignored it. But today I got the notification that the cancellation had completed and the money refunded back to my gift card. Totally bizarre. 

Best buy will deduct the extra 500 points they gave you and possibly bring your point total into the negetive. You see a lot of those "why my point total is negative?!?" posts on the BBY forum.

So yea, you got bonus $10, if you're not going to preorder or shop there anymore.

and has anyone herd anything about dead rising 3 apocalypse edition on xbox one? I see newegg has a listing for $50 to be released on 10/8. I don't see it on any other sites and when I google for info all I see is stuff for the pc/steam version.

Yes. It's normally $48 for the new releases with the discount and you get 96 points plus the bonus 500.

It's nice to find out about the $10 gift card for The Evil Within. I may still hold off on it though. At least till closer till release, hopefully I get my points from Shadow of Mordor to clear first.
Hmm.. New GCU member here, so bear with me if this is trivial or if you're a smartass :p

Besides the 500 pre-order bonus ($10 rewards), neither of the two games I've pre-ordered so far have received any bonus points. The first one was Madden 15, which was pre-ordered in-store, and bought along w/ a prepaid cellphone, and the points have posted already. This transaction took over 30 minutes and required store manager override. It included the $10 coupon as well as a 10% MC, and was paid using a $5 reward certificate with the rest through gift card. There are no bonus points for the game or the cellphone.

The 2nd one is Destiny, which shows 500 and is still pending. It was pre-ordered and paid for online (yes, I was signed in to my account) with a $5 RC along with two gift cards. Tried using two or three different 10% MC, but they wouldn't apply. Other than the "Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus" of 500 points or $10 rewards, there are no bonus points at all on both transactions.

Not sure why points arent getting applied, other than maybe using rewards or gift cards to pay for the transaction. However, I don't see how or why either of those should have any bearing on receiving reward points. This is the type of shit I was afraid of happening before entering the realm of BB & GCU. To be fair, their breakdown of points online is decent, and compared to Sears/Kmart, well, there is no contest as that would just be laughable. But still, just like w/ most retailers (except maybe Amazon), seems like I'm gonna have to make sure to double check every single transaction, babysit the blue shirt while holding their hand, and practically do their job for them. I already always make sure to ask if they want or if I should give them my information for GCU to enter beforehand, so everything posts properly.

Weird thing happened for me also, I picked up all my items but a day or so later I got a notification about an item not being picked up and would be cancelled. I figured it would clear itself up and ignored it. But today I got the notification that the cancellation had completed and the money refunded back to my gift card. Totally bizarre.
Looks like they didn't process your pick up correctly...or they accidentally processed someone else's pick up.

Hmm.. New GCU member here, so bear with me if this is trivial or if you're a smartass :p

Besides the 500 pre-order bonus ($10 rewards), neither of the two games I've pre-ordered so far have received any bonus points. The first one was Madden 15, which was pre-ordered in-store, and bought along w/ a prepaid cellphone, and the points have posted already. This transaction took over 30 minutes and required store manager override. It included the $10 coupon as well as a 10% MC, and was paid using a $5 reward certificate with the rest through gift card. There are no bonus points for the game or the cellphone.

The 2nd one is Destiny, which shows 500 and is still pending. It was pre-ordered and paid for online (yes, I was signed in to my account) with a $5 RC along with two gift cards. Tried using two or three different 10% MC, but they wouldn't apply. Other than the "Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus" of 500 points or $10 rewards, there are no bonus points at all on both transactions.

Not sure why points arent getting applied, other than maybe using rewards or gift cards to pay for the transaction. However, I don't see how or why either of those should have any bearing on receiving reward points. This is the type of shit I was afraid of happening before entering the realm of BB & GCU. To be fair, their breakdown of points online is decent, and compared to Sears/Kmart, well, there is no contest as that would just be laughable. But still, just like w/ most retailers (except maybe Amazon), seems like I'm gonna have to make sure to double check every single transaction, babysit the blue shirt while holding their hand, and practically do their job for them. I already always make sure to ask if they want or if I should give them my information for GCU to enter beforehand, so everything posts properly.
those orders are correct. You will always receive the $10 pre order bonuses now matter how you pay but if you pay with gift card, certificates or financing then you will not receive base points but would still get the $10 bonus. It been like that for at least a year now

those orders are correct. You will always receive the $10 pre order bonuses now matter how you pay but if you pay with gift card, certificates or financing then you will not receive base points but would still get the $10 bonus. It been like that for at least a year now
thanks for the info. as mentioned in the post, i'm not a GCU guru as I've only had it for a couple months.

however, not receiving bonus points for a gift card or certificate, which they advertise as receive "$10" for pre-ordering, is bullshit. It's essentially saying that Best Buy does not consider giftcards and reward certificates as "cash" even when used to purchase items at the very same store that issued them.

thanks for the info. as mentioned in the post, i'm not a GCU guru as I've only had it for a couple months.

however, not receiving bonus points for a gift card or certificate, which they advertise as receive "$10" for pre-ordering, is bullshit. It's essentially saying that Best Buy does not consider giftcards and reward certificates as "cash" even when used to purchase items at the very same store that issued them.
But you did receive the $10 for preordering. You even said you received the 500 bonus points for "Victory can be Preordered".

Edit: Certs come off the total and do affect tax, therefore are more like coupons, not cash. If you received points on purchases with gift cards you could easily just keep buying gift cards with gift cards to accumulate points to turn into free certs. I get my gift cards from trading in games and get double points for trading in a game. I shouldn't expect to get more points with a gift card I received from a transaction where I already received double points.

You don't get points when you pay with a cert or gift card. Its just how it is.

You get points when buying a gift card. if you got points for buying and using a gift card you could just guy gift cards and never pay with cash and get pretty much double points on everything.

You get points when buying a gift card. if you got points for buying and using a gift card you could just guy gift cards and never pay with cash and get pretty much double points on everything.
And what would be wrong with that?

If you got the gift card from trading games, then you got your points.
ok.. that's nice, but I think you're smart enough to not really assume that the majority of gift cards used by GCU members were paid for with cash. besides, if someone is giving them cash, which BB can use or invest anywhere, for store credit at a 1:1 ratio, which is restricted from being used anywhere other than Best Buy itself, then if that person is being treated like a bank then (IMO) they should be compensated like one. instead of paying interest for the loan customers are providing them, maybe "reward" them by giving them points when "investing" that money back into the business. the store credit (equity), is circulated back into their products anyway, which by the way, they are obtaining at wholesale prices.

to take it to another level (and i say this half jokingly), its not that far-fetched considering how often we usually have to correct the mistakes of their employees, and in some cases practically do their jobs for them, so i don't really see the point of paying that much of a premium for their "customer service" which is supposedly what differentiates them from Amazon, cause we all know that's who they're essentially competing with.

thank you captain obvious.

looking at your previous posts, seems like you are kind of a Best Buy fan boy.
Dude, shut up and get your ass over to the Best Buy forum and stop trying to get around their policy.

Dude, shut up and get your ass over to the Best Buy forum and stop trying to get around their policy.
dude, do you really think posting my disagreement with their policy on their forum is going to result in anything? are you that naïve where you believe they are going to bend over backwards for one customer and change their entire policy just for me, or only for me?

and i was half joshing w/ the other guy cause i remember him responding to someone who was trying to do the Madden deal from BB then flip it right back, saying it was a little hypocritical to condemn someone for abusing the target ghosts deal when they were going to do the madden one. compared to you, Deader2818 is an angel.

you're like a quote factory; think you may have more epic one-liners than schwarzenegger. you really do have some memorable quotes. a few of my favorites that are all consecutively after another (you must have had a bad day, or two):

"I hate it because others like it (i.e. I want to be different).

You need a real job.

You're the worst member in the history of this forum.

You like Nintendo but Nintendo doesn't like you.

Fatpeoplestink

It's fun if you like Sega and you like bass fishing.

Stop whining.

Yes, it is a dumb question.

OP's are useless in Gamefly threads so I don't know why someone would expect me to read it."

sarcastic much??

dude, do you really think posting my disagreement with their policy on their forum is going to result in anything? are you that naïve where you believe they are going to bend over backwards for one customer and change their entire policy just for me, or only for me?
Enuf changed the entire way that Best Buy works and he's just one customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back