Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My Destiny points are pending until 9/24. Can't wait. So glad I got GCU. I got Destiny for $48, and when the next batch rolls around, I'll get that for $38. It's crazy. I hope you're all right that Master Chief Collection is included (getting it regardlesss).

When does the next batch of games get announced? If I change my mind and want to pre-order something like Arkham Knight, will I still get $10 back for that?

My Destiny points are pending until 9/24. Can't wait. So glad I got GCU. I got Destiny for $48, and when the next batch rolls around, I'll get that for $38. It's crazy. I hope you're all right that Master Chief Collection is included (getting it regardlesss).

When does the next batch of games get announced? If I change my mind and want to pre-order something like Arkham Knight, will I still get $10 back for that?
I will update the OP/Title, if any new games get added. Not sure what you mean by the 2nd question. If you cancel your pre-order, you won't get the $10.

I will update the OP/Title, if any new games get added. Not sure what you mean by the 2nd question. If you cancel your pre-order, you won't get the $10.
if you cancel your pre-order that was paid using Reward certificates, does it still expire the same as when issued, or is it extended?

If you don't pick up a pre-order, do they automatically go back to account with the same expiration date?

When do reward points/certificates expire: from the date points are issued, or from the date those points are converted into a certificate?

There is a very specific set of steps you have to take to fix this issue, it basically involves

1. do a password reset on bestbuy.com

2. clear all the best buy cookies in chrome or whatever browser (they tell you to delete all cookies)

3. click the password reset link in email they sent you

4. use a new different password

5. logout

6. delete all the best buy cookies AGAIN

7. wait 15 minutes

8. login to bestbuy.com with your new password

apparently the steps 5-7 are important, where you have to logout, delete all your cookies, wait a little bit, and login again. I guess the bestbuy website get fux0red if you auto login right after a password change.

in chrome there is a setting somewhere in advanced settings where you can search by cookie name and just delete those, thats what I did to delete all bestbuy cookies and it worked great. otherwise you'll have to delete ALL your cookies if you can't figure that out, or maybe use incognito mode or something?
I just had to say i found this and tried it and it totally worked!! i had been having this problem for a month and tried emailing them a few times and it didnt work. i think the waiting 15 minutes for some reason is what made the difference.

now i have to see that all my points actually get processed. on the 07th, i bought an xbox one and preordered destiny. i still havent gotten the $10 preorder bonus or the normal points for the purchase either. they show up as pending in points history.

if you cancel your pre-order that was paid using Reward certificates, does it still expire the same as when issued, or is it extended?

If you don't pick up a pre-order, do they automatically go back to account with the same expiration date?

When do reward points/certificates expire: from the date points are issued, or from the date those points are converted into a certificate?
Converts back to points.

Converts back to points.

Believe 90 days after it's a Cert.

I'm pretty sure mainly everyone with GCU is in it for the 20% off new games. The $10 for preordering and the 2X base points are available to the free members also.

Ok, so no madden 15 cert yet... this is my first 10 dollar cert but i am assuming they would show up in my account like points earned?  With this much time laspsed is it time to contact besty buy?

Ok, so no madden 15 cert yet... this is my first 10 dollar cert but i am assuming they would show up in my account like points earned? With this much time laspsed is it time to contact besty buy?
Make a thread on the Best Buy forum. It's almost one month since the release of madden nfl 15. You should have got the 500 points by now.

Make a thread on the Best Buy forum. It's almost one month since the release of madden nfl 15. You should have got the 500 points by now.
Thanks htz! On an internet full of people who like to correct spelling errors and troll/hate its so nice to find helpful people. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I posted on bb's forum. BB's vg deals are incredible but I wish their systems were a little better.

Thanks htz! On an internet full of people who like to correct spelling errors and troll/hate its so nice to find helpful people. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I posted on bb's forum. BB's vg deals are incredible but I wish their systems were a little better.
The forums are always the way to go imo. Any issues ive had (trust me its been a lot lol) they have always been able to fix it for me in a pretty timely manner.

So, What do you guys think the odds are of Far Cry 4 or GTA on :ps4: seeing price drops this holiday?  Thinking about preordering both for $48 plus a $10 cert and then hoping they go on sale and can get a price adjustment in 30 days (I'm Elite)

So, What do you guys think the odds are of Far Cry 4 or GTA on :ps4: seeing price drops this holiday? Thinking about preordering both for $48 plus a $10 cert and then hoping they go on sale and can get a price adjustment in 30 days (I'm Elite)
I say Far Cry will most likely drop in price but doubtful on GTA.

If you get a price adjustment does is take GCU into account? For instance FarCry for GCU is $48 day one and if it goes on sale for $40($32 with GCU). Would you get $8 back? Or would you get $16 back?

Do you have to goto a store to get a Price Adjustment or could you do it online/phone?

If you get a price adjustment does is take GCU into account? For instance FarCry for GCU is $48 day one and if it goes on sale for $40($32 with GCU). Would you get $8 back? Or would you get $16 back?

Do you have to goto a store to get a Price Adjustment or could you do it online/phone?
You would get $16+tax back, like some of us did when PMing Wolfenstein at $39.99. If you preordered in-store, you have to go to that store to do the post-purchase PM; otherwise, you need to call 1-888-BESTBUY.

yes it taken in account and if you bought online then the phone csr has to do it and if you bought in store then in store has to do it.

Quote:

Considering it isn’t called out specifically in our Low Price Guarantee, it’s understandable that you’d be questioning how your Gamers Club Unlocked (GCU) benefits tie into a price match request. We’ve run into this a few times, but not terribly often since newly released games don’t change in price too often while they’re still within your return & exchange period.

After speaking with quite a few contacts throughout the Corporate Campus here at Best Buy, we came to the conclusion that GCU benefits should apply with a price match. GCU is a paid service, which has been pointed out in this thread, and the discount applies post-purchase just the same as it would when making the initial purchase. For full clarity, if the price of a game drops while you’re still within your return & exchange period, which is determined by your My Best Buy status, then you should receive your GCU discount on the lowered price.

I apologize if you were told otherwise when speaking with a Customer Service representative for Best Buy. Since it’s not called out in our Low Price Guarantee, I can see where there may be some confusion. However, that doesn’t excuse the representative for giving a definitive answer on something that isn’t solidified within our policies.

If you still need assistance with this, please send me a private message with your BestBuy.com order number. I’ll happily look into this and see if I’m able to offer any further assistance. To send me a private message, simply click the link in my signature. Thanks for posting and providing your feedback on the forums.

Sincerely,
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Are-GCU-members-allowed-to-price-match/m-p/849417

Converts back to points.

Converts back to points.

Believe 90 days after it's a Cert.

I'm pretty sure mainly everyone with GCU is in it for the 20% off new games. The $10 for preordering and the 2X base points are available to the free members also.
Do you mean that because it converts into points the certificate now becomes part of your total points (which I'm not sure when they expire, 12 months of inactivity?), and then once those points are again converted into a certificate, the 90 days resets or begins the date the new certificate is issued? Thanks.

dude, do you really think posting my disagreement with their policy on their forum is going to result in anything? are you that naïve where you believe they are going to bend over backwards for one customer and change their entire policy just for me, or only for me?
CAG postings on the forums alone has shaped GC/GCU from the ground up.
In the last 3 months
1- Free GCU w/consoles came from a completed ideax thread
2- Correcting the purchase limits for GCU came from a completed ideax thread

The current 20% GCU discount structure of GCU was cherrypicked from a ideax thread too.

However, your issue won`t pass b/c it`s pure double dipping & too easy to exploit. Plus there`s already ways to convert "credit" into forms that earn pts. Takes a few steps but it works.

@htz

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant to say this:

I didn't pre-order Arkham Knight by the 31st of August, but can I pre-order now and still get the $10 bonus? Some of these games, I think, were delayed a lot. I wasn't planning on canceling any preorders but I didn't know how "set in stone" their date of 8/31 was for the program.

Do you mean that because it converts into points the certificate now becomes part of your total points (which I'm not sure when they expire, 12 months of inactivity?), and then once those points are again converted into a certificate, the 90 days resets or begins the date the new certificate is issued? Thanks.
Yes it just goes into your total points and yes on the 12 months of inactivity. If you turn those points into another Cert, it's just a new Cert so you have 90 days. After you become Elite, you won't have to worry about turning points into Certs until your ready to use them. Because with Elite you get point banking. So when your ready to use a Cert you can simply convert the points right before.

Figures it was a BB listing quirk & b/c of it people are messaging in attempts to get a $10 pre-order bonus on the game not realizing there`s already a promo attached. Should be a simple fix then
It seems to be working, not sure if it wasn't before, but when you add it to cart the Giftcard goes to cart with it.

@htz

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant to say this:

I didn't pre-order Arkham Knight by the 31st of August, but can I pre-order now and still get the $10 bonus? Some of these games, I think, were delayed a lot. I wasn't planning on canceling any preorders but I didn't know how "set in stone" their date of 8/31 was for the program.
Where are you getting the 8/31 date? As long as you preorder before release, you'll get the $10 back in points.

Where are you getting the 8/31 date? As long as you preorder before release, you'll get the $10 back in points.
I remember awhile ago on the promo page for $10 Cert for preordering, there was a must preorder before Aug 31. I think that was before almost every game got delayed or they changed their pocily/promo.

so its been 14 days since i bought my xbox one, traded in some games, and preordered destiny. all 3 transactions still show as pending in my points history, and haven't received any of the points for them yet.

whats the best way to try and get it resolved? by email, phone, or forums?

so its been 14 days since i bought my xbox one, traded in some games, and preordered destiny. all 3 transactions still show as pending in my points history, and haven't received any of the points for them yet.

The best way is to wait a few more days. It takes at least 15 days to clear and can take 1 to 2 more

Does your XBox One purchase have a dollar value? Mine says $0.00 and 0 Pending points. Hoping it will just short itself out but I just find it odd because I've got pending purchases from before and after that which all have a dollar amount and pending points.

Does your XBox One purchase have a dollar value? Mine says $0.00 and 0 Pending points. Hoping it will just short itself out but I just find it odd because I've got pending purchases from before and after that which all have a dollar amount and pending points.
If you paid with RZ/GC to make it $0 cash/credit card then it will show $0 since you don't earn points on RZ/GC. The 500 points will be a new entry OR a sub-entry within the purchase. They won't show pending, they will just magically be in your point pool.

If you paid with RZ/GC to make it $0 cash/credit card then it will show $0 since you don't earn points on RZ/GC. The 500 points will be a new entry OR a sub-entry within the purchase. They won't show pending, they will just magically be in your point pool.
you also don't earn point if you use best buy credit card with promotional financing

I'm buying a lot of these games....lol.

Just pre-ordered Shadow of Mordor today.  I'm hoping it's good.  If the reviews come back horrible I might cancel.  I just figured that might be a game that I get, beat the hell out of, and flip back pretty quick.  Then get back to more destiny, lol.

CAG postings on the forums alone has shaped GC/GCU from the ground up.
In the last 3 months
1- Free GCU w/consoles came from a completed ideax thread
2- Correcting the purchase limits for GCU came from a completed ideax thread

The current 20% GCU discount structure of GCU was cherrypicked from a ideax thread too.

However, your issue won`t pass b/c it`s pure double dipping & too easy to exploit. Plus there`s already ways to convert "credit" into forms that earn pts. Takes a few steps but it works.
interesting, did not know that.
hmm, if its not too much of a hassle, might try it out. any hints or pointers to lead me in the right direction?
Yes it just goes into your total points and yes on the 12 months of inactivity. If you turn those points into another Cert, it's just a new Cert so you have 90 days. After you become Elite, you won't have to worry about turning points into Certs until your ready to use them. Because with Elite you get point banking. So when your ready to use a Cert you can simply convert the points right before.
cool, thanks for the info. like xN7Ripper said, it is always nice when people help others w/o having to hear a smartass remark.

while its not rocket science, its not like these questions are so trivial that any random person on the street is going to know answers to specific questions about point redemptions, pre-orders, and reward certificates for Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked program that arent listed in the FAQ/T&C's (or if they are, tend to be ambiguous). yet some users still feel the need to act like "duh, who doesn't know about BB GCU, everyone in the world does", which unfortunately is quite common so it is refreshing when it does not happen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back