Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear that. I didn't really see the fine print and now all traces of the promotion have been removed from existence it seems.
I'm still on hold and nobody knows shit!
Yeah, its damn near impossible to get an answer from pretty much any Best Buy employee. Its the one major drawback of buying games at Best Buy.

Awesome

Well I just logged in to my account and it seems like they updated the site to show full details of all your transactions now. When you login, click Purchase History and all of your transactions will be listed with a + box you can click to get the full details

Clicking on my Destiny transaction shows the Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus on the left below the big green number of points I got for the transaction. I definitely like this new site better now!
Awesome! Love the change finally. Looks more "advanced" than the original, but it fits the same theme of the overall BBY site, so I fully approve these changes. Woohoo

[quote name="SadPanda99" post="12129817" timestamp="1412117747"]Love those preorder bonus codes, just sold my Modor and Horizons on eBay for an extra 26$ discount :)[/quote]
I need to sell my DLC on eBay but I don't trust anyone on it.

So, I feel dumb.  I was going to wait for Shadow of Mordor to go down in price, but now I want it.

If I order it now, think I'll get the $10 "pre-order" bonus still?

So, I feel dumb. I was going to wait for Shadow of Mordor to go down in price, but now I want it.

If I order it now, think I'll get the $10 "pre-order" bonus still?
You MIGHT Luck out, I've had it happen before.
if it is still listed on their page.. you may get it.

You didn't pre-order. Unless you want to be a douche and call them and complain that the page still said it when you ordered it. But still, it clearly says Pre-order.

I'm still torn on if I want to buy it now.  I wonder if it'll drop in price soon.

I mean, Destiny is still eating my time.  But I feel like it's a vicious relationship.  Like the abusive relationship I had with World of Warcraft.  "You have to login today and do your dailies or you'll fall behind!  GRIND THAT REPUTATION AND BADGES!  DO IT OR I'LL LEAVE YOU (behind in gear)!"

. . . is there a 1-800 number for that sort of thing?

That's exactly why i'm seriously thinking of trading in Destiny.  Too many games coming out in the next few months to really dump all that time into it.  

Anyone who picked up Forza Horizon 2 today, did you get the Xbox Live 10$ credit, or is it supposed to come later like the certs?

[SIZE=14.6666669845581px]This is slightly off topic but I didn't want to make a thread just about it but I bought a console during the BB promotion that landed users a two-year sub to Gamer's club. Well, like a lot of users here and on the BB forum, for whatever reason, it didn't add on properly to my account. They just sent me an email today with a barcode to claim those two years of the sub. So I would imagine they're sending it to other users who had the issue.[/SIZE]

You didn't pre-order. Unless you want to be a douche and call them and complain that the page still said it when you ordered it. But still, it clearly says Pre-order.
I remember someone saying they ordered a game online at 7am the day the game was released and they were pissed and complaining that they didn't receive a Cert. I find it pretty hilarious.

If you don't preorder the game before the release date, don't try to get a Bonus because you decided to pick it up day one. If you think you might want a game, preorder it. You can always cancel the order. Or keep it and trade it in for "free".

Well I've been playing it for the last 3 hours and this game is fucking awesome. Better to get it now and play it before the October/November games start releasing.
I ordered one last week after hearing the rave reviews and it didn't ship yet (elite member too), so I drove to Best Buy to buy a copy to play right away. Totally worth it!!!

So, I called Best Buy to see what their take on it was.  I didn't demand a cert or anything like that, but wanted to know what their policy was with it.  The advisor stated that the promo goes until October 3rd, so I should receive the cert still.  I find that odd, so I'm asking on the BB forums now to confirm.

If I don't get it, no big deal.  I'll wait for the price drop to be worthwhile.  Otherwise, I'll get in on it.

(Normally I pre-order before the store opens online the night before.  Why?  Because I don't like the idea of giving a store my money to hold onto without reviews and the like being available.   fuck pre-orders, retail exclusives, and what the industry has become.  RIP THE SYSTEM!).

Not sure how I feel about the new format. My only gripe about it, is that for preorder DLC they get there own space. So for the SoM Rune it shows I received 0 points. It's not with the game like it use to be.

Also I got my Base points and double points for SoM last Thursday when the game shipped and it's saying that transaction in compete. My Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus is no where to be found, not even pending. I realize it takes up to 15 days but I would have rather all points from that transaction took that long. Now I'm just worried I won't get them. Hopefully all these problems and updates on Best Buys end doesn't screw it up. Haven't had to call costumer service at all with BB and would love to keep it that way.

Does the Shadow of Mordor preorder DLC come via email?  I never got an email about it, and I ordered the game on Sunday so I'm becoming concerned (I'm going to pick it up today, I couldn't on release day because of my schedule).

Not sure how I feel about the new format. My only gripe about it, is that for preorder DLC they get there own space. So for the SoM Rune it shows I received 0 points. It's not with the game like it use to be.

Also I got my Base points and double points for SoM last Thursday when the game shipped and it's saying that transaction in compete. My Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus is no where to be found, not even pending. I realize it takes up to 15 days but I would have rather all points from that transaction took that long. Now I'm just worried I won't get them. Hopefully all these problems and updates on Best Buys end doesn't screw it up. Haven't had to call costumer service at all with BB and would love to keep it that way.
I was worried about that too on my copy of fifa 15 because the 500 victory can be achieved points weren't showing up, even as pending. A few days later, the points did show up, though they are still pending.

I got my SoM dlc preorder code about 15 minutes after pickup.  It also sells on ebay for $10, I sold mine since its just a stupid flaming sword.  WB is like Ubisoft, they always release GOTY editions of their game a year later with all DLCs and stuff included, so I plan on enjoying and beating the game this week and trading it in.  $48 - $10 (RZ) - $10 (ebay dlc) cost, should trade in for $44 I think so pretty goddamn awesome.

There are also 2 DLC codes inside the game sleeve that are content missions exclusive to PS4.  If you want to squeeze every dollar you can hold onto those and sell them on ebay in 2-3 weeks when used games are being bought, since they won't come with it.  I redeemed mine though.

Yeah I went digital on this one, but like above said its easy to break even with the GCU and $10 cert.

Damn, I was gonna have my buddy use my GCU for his games and get me the pre-order certs, but you actually have to preorder (for Mordor today)

I usually get my email for any DLC from best buy the minute i leave the store after purchase. The one time I didnt I called in and it took a week-10 days for customer service to finally get me my code. I would call in and complain if your still waiting on mordor DLC email or check your spam folder just in case. 

[quote name="merchie89" post="12131065" timestamp="1412175576"]Yeah I went digital on this one, but like above said its easy to break even with the GCU and $10 cert.

Damn, I was gonna have my buddy use my GCU for his games and get me the pre-order certs, but you actually have to preorder (for Mordor today)[/quote]
Buy it now then charge him $50

I usually get my email for any DLC from best buy the minute i leave the store after purchase. The one time I didnt I called in and it took a week-10 days for customer service to finally get me my code. I would call in and complain if your still waiting on mordor DLC email or check your spam folder just in case.
I didn't receive my WatchDogs code within two days so I went to the Unboxed Website. They PMed a code within 8 hours. So if anyone is haven't trouble not receiving their preorder bonus codes, that might be the best way.

[SIZE=14.6666669845581px]This is slightly off topic but I didn't want to make a thread just about it but I bought a console during the BB promotion that landed users a two-year sub to Gamer's club. Well, like a lot of users here and on the BB forum, for whatever reason, it didn't add on properly to my account. They just sent me an email today with a barcode to claim those two years of the sub. So I would imagine they're sending it to other users who had the issue.[/SIZE]
Yes, we apologize for not getting this done right when you purchased your system to begin with. That and having to go back in to redeem the coupon but hoping you'll find doing so is worth your time. We also are sending to anyone who preordered the Destiny bundle online and had shipped or picked up that week. While it was an in-store only offer (because it still can't be sold online due to system issues), we are sending an email to anyone who purchased an Xbox One or PS4 console online that week as well (that shipped already or if you picked it up in-store that week - preorders of consoles to be released in the future were not eligible). The only kicker is you need to go in store to redeem.

So if you are in the group that did any of the above and didn't get your free 2 years of Unlocked, be looking for an email from us. The folks at BBY Unboxed will also be able to research your account for you if you didn't get an email and take care of you. I'd just recommend looking for the email first and checking spam folders before contacting them. They'll be posting regarding this soon.

Again, our apologies but hoping this works for all who had an issue getting this the first time. And welcome to the Club!

Has anyone got there $10 forza horizon 2 xbl credit yet?
WTF? How did I not know this. I just checked my receipt and I was charged 37.99 according to that. I figured the game was the 48 price with GCU. It gets weirder for me. When I look at my credit card statement it says I was charged 30.84. MyBestBuy reflects this too, because I was only given points on the 28.69 (before tax). I am so confused. I just wanted to make sure I got my 10 points back on this and Shadow of Mordor.

WTF? How did I not know this. I just checked my receipt and I was charged 37.99 according to that. I figured the game was the 48 price with GCU. It gets weirder for me. When I look at my credit card statement it says I was charged 30.84. MyBestBuy reflects this too, because I was only given points on the 28.69 (before tax). I am so confused. I just wanted to make sure I got my 10 points back on this and Shadow of Mordor.
I want to say they did the same sh$% with the Mario Gas Cash a while ago.

BB rep on forum confirmed that $10 Forza XBL credit will be treated like a RZ certificate and to expect it by email in 15-20 days.
How in the world did you find a best buy employee that knows about preorder special offers?! It was damn near impossible for me.

It went back up to $59.99, the xbox 360 version was $42.99 when he posted last night.
Can confirm as well. Glad I picked it up when I did. I was gonna play the X1 version but for 26 bucks after the GC and GCU, hard to argue against the cost difference. Hell, I might even make a few bucks once I finish and trade it in.

Off topic but I originally had forza preordered and used a gift card but cancelled it 2 weeks ago over the phone and told the guy I used a card I no longer had and he said he would issue a new one to me. I still have not received my card. Anyone know how long this should take? I message a person on the forums also but haven't received a reply yet either. This is dumb and they should be able to issue an egift card for stuff like this.

Off topic but I originally had forza preordered and used a gift card but cancelled it 2 weeks ago over the phone and told the guy I used a card I no longer had and he said he would issue a new one to me. I still have not received my card. Anyone know how long this should take? I message a person on the forums also but haven't received a reply yet either. This is dumb and they should be able to issue an egift card for stuff like this.
It should only take about a week after the phone call and it should show up as an order under your account with a tracking number for the replacement card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back