Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Witcher II...either $48 to get a physical (likely a Steamworks) copy with $10 BB credit, or to get a digital download with tons of extras and no DRM through GOG.com (aka Good Old Games)...

GOG version:

Current access to the Adventure Multiplayer Beta

Free Copy of Neverwinter Nights and its expansions

Various extras (digital comic book, digital artbook, digital soundtrack, digital printouts of paper toys, digital artworks, digital HD wallpapers, digital avatars, additional videos, and a digital world map)...and various other things yet to come between now and February 24th.

Best Buy version:

$10 certificate

IMO, free multiplayer content and a free game NOW, with a ton of extras with the game is worth much more than $10. But FYI to all the curious folks.

Any chance you could still get the pre-order bonus if you bought Shadows of Morder on-line today? I know its not likely but was just curious since on the site it still lists the $10 bonus as one of the special offers.
Too late for pre-order bonus unfortunately.

I am glad I got the $10 for Shadow of Mordor and will be trading it in for $20 more then I bought it for on Tuesday.

The game was fun but.. the final boss ruined the full experience.

You don't end the game on a Quick Time Event... ever.

The entire final boss is a QTE... and it's done.. period.

Anyways thanks for suggesting the pre-order.

That seems kinda spoiler-y, but then again I've been accused of being overly sensitive to spoilers before.  I beat it earlier today but I know I wouldn't have been happy reading that before finding out myself.

That seems kinda spoiler-y, but then again I've been accused of being overly sensitive to spoilers before. I beat it earlier today but I know I wouldn't have been happy reading that before finding out myself.
I didn't reveal who it is or what.. just that it was a QTE.

I've only had 4 games delivered from them so far, I usually just pick up. But the first two, one was the day after and the 2nd one was 3 days after. The last 2 I ordered came on release day.

See if you can order it for I store pick up at the store. Or do you have another store that close by?
No ship to stores since they have reached their cap on the Prestige edition

I am glad I got the $10 for Shadow of Mordor and will be trading it in for $20 more then I bought it for on Tuesday.

The game was fun but.. the final boss ruined the full experience.

You don't end the game on a Quick Time Event... ever.

The entire final boss is a QTE... and it's done.. period.

Anyways thanks for suggesting the pre-order.
ive been saving the final mission to do all the side quests.

i'd rather not have read that..but oh well. too late now.

maybe you should spoiler tag it, just in case?

Ever since the new format on BB.com has anyone received their bonus Cert? None of my games are showing the Victory Can Be Preordered bonus. It hasn't been the 15 days, but it never took that long to show up before. Also the base and 2X points from SoM and Alien are already issued.

Just seems because they "upgraded" their site, I'll have to wait the 15 days and contact customer service. Doesn't seem like an update or improvement to me.
I noticed the same thing and was spoiled by the $10 cert coming within a couple days. Definitely seems like the new site screwed things up or ensured that we wait the full 15 days. I'm hoping it's just the latter.

Still waiting on SoM but it looks like now on bestbuy unboxed they're saying to wait 20 days...

OT- Can anybody please PM me the Best Buy Elite Plus dedicated phone number. I just renewed my GCU a few weeks ago and now my account is not reflecting my Elite status and previous purchases. Thanks in advance!

OT- Can anybody please PM me the Best Buy Elite Plus dedicated phone number. I just renewed my GCU a few weeks ago and now my account is not reflecting my Elite status and previous purchases. Thanks in advance!
The # is the same as normal best buy

1-888-BEST-BUY

Wouldn't mind that controller with that offer but $64.99 is kinda pricey.

I'll wait it out and see if they release a White or Halo one in the coming months.

Off topic sorry htz, but I sold my SOM DLC code on ebay for $10 on release but the guy hasn't redeemed it yet. I made it very clear that it was a code in the listing so Im not sure whats going on there. Should I send him a message or something?

True, but my experience every time has been that they end up transferring me to the regular line anyway and they often hang up in the process.
God that happens so often, so many problems with BestBuy as of late.

For instance my pre-order gets shipped on Friday so if it by chance goes on sale.. they won't price correct it.. etc

Not to mention site problems.

I pre-ordered Skylanders Trap Team and figures.. since they sent them out BEFORE the sale, I didn't get the free character.
The Ad says free Character with purchase of any 2... site has a very limited selection of who can be purchased for the free char.

This is the elite number: 866-797-7367

I haven't put my elite plus card in my wallet yet, so not sure if that one is different

The elite/ elite plus number number can only help with my best buy account issues.  If you have an issue with your gamers club or need a price match they will have to transfer you

Semi on topic but I called today get a post price adjustment for madden 15 thats on sale this week and was transferred to 3 different representatives before finally speaking with someone who would listen to me.  At first she said she tried adjusting the price before and her supervisor told her they do not take into account the 20% GCU discount I then had to spell out the link to the forum post i made here

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Are-GCU-members-allowed-to-price-match/td-p/849417

I went back on hold and when she came back she made the adjustment and said she supervisor would send a  notification out to get the message out about post purchase price adjustment for GCU members.  So if anyone has any issues just point them to my post in the best buy forums and thank me later :)

I hate their new passwords. I don't know what's wrong but every time I try to log in the new password I set doesn't work anymore and I need to make a new one and it's super annoying.

I'm so glad I beat SoM. The end was a huge let down, but at $48-$25 cert +$10 cert + $44 trade in I can't be mad at all.

I'll be getting my first Platinum when I go home tonight

I'm so glad I beat SoM. The end was a huge let down, but at $48-$25 cert +$10 cert + $44 trade in I can't be mad at all. I'll be getting my first Platinum when I go home tonight
All I have left is the stupid outcast missions, survival challenges, and recruitment achievements. Will rebuy when all the season pass stuff is cheap. BB paid me $3 to 100% lol. Need to preorder 2K now and use that $44 credit towards it.

Has anyone recieved their $10 Xbox credits from FH2? I got my Audi code but no code for the credit.
I don't think so, they said it should take around 14 days to recieve it in your email. Kind of like how long it takes to get a preorder $10 cert

So hate this new system and SoM doesn't show pending for reward  certificate yet or even pending on anything.

Know to wait a few weeks but usually by now it'll be pending.

All I have left is the stupid outcast missions, survival challenges, and recruitment achievements. Will rebuy when all the season pass stuff is cheap. BB paid me $3 to 100% lol. Need to preorder 2K now and use that $44 credit towards it.

I don't think so, they said it should take around 14 days to recieve it in your email. Kind of like how long it takes to get a preorder $10 cert
yeah, all I have left is the outcast missions, a few hunting challenges and a couple misc trophies. Definitely trading this in soon

I hate their new passwords. I don't know what's wrong but every time I try to log in the new password I set doesn't work anymore and I need to make a new one and it's super annoying.
I had the same problem. i forgot the exact steps but it was posted here. something like after you issue a password reset, delete all bestbuy cookies. then do the password reset, log off immediately, and then clear all your cookies again. then wait 10-15 minutes and then log in.

i think the most important part was waiting between changing your password and logging in that does the trick.

Just curious, how long did it take yall to nearly plat SoM? I'm looking to burn thru it real quick after the Queen's Wrath events stop in Destiny.

Just curious, how long did it take yall to nearly plat SoM? I'm looking to burn thru it real quick after the Queen's Wrath events stop in Destiny.
32 hours right now but after I finish up the side quests stuff, it should be at 35-37 hours for a 1000/plat. I'm sure people have finished way faster than that

edit- 1000gs completed 35h 21m

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back