Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the elite number: 866-797-7367

I haven't put my elite plus card in my wallet yet, so not sure if that one is different
Awesome Thanks!! Got it all taken care of!

The elite/ elite plus number number can only help with my best buy account issues. If you have an issue with your gamers club or need a price match they will have to transfer you

Semi on topic but I called today get a post price adjustment for madden 15 thats on sale this week and was transferred to 3 different representatives before finally speaking with someone who would listen to me. At first she said she tried adjusting the price before and her supervisor told her they do not take into account the 20% GCU discount I then had to spell out the link to the forum post i made here

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Are-GCU-members-allowed-to-price-match/td-p/849417

I went back on hold and when she came back she made the adjustment and said she supervisor would send a notification out to get the message out about post purchase price adjustment for GCU members. So if anyone has any issues just point them to my post in the best buy forums and thank me later :)
I actually have never been transfered while calling the above number and the rep who answered my call linked my two accounts while on the phone with no problem. I did have a hard time understanding the rep as he sounded exactly like John Turturro in Mr. Deeds lol. I think it has to do more with lazy reps who would just rather not deal with certain issues and prefer to just pass you along to someone else... that would be my guess.

Never noticed

I 100% all the in game stuff.. some of the Trophies I said screw it and quit though.
I was going to quit and not plat but it becomes super easy to get multiple trophies if you can manipulate your enemies correctly into groupings.

Its fun trying to figure it out.

I got the Platinum/Plat sounds better then I got 1000gs. Also my points are pending, yay!

Edit:

Pending points have now disappeared, dammit BB.

I got my Plat tonight as well. I'm trying to sell it locally for $50 for a couple days. If it doesn't go I'm just going to trade it in.

I hate their new passwords. I don't know what's wrong but every time I try to log in the new password I set doesn't work anymore and I need to make a new one and it's super annoying.
You need to contact the mods on the unlocked forums. They will probably tell you it is your fault like 4 or 5 times, but eventually they will manually do something ot reset it.

I spent like 5 days trying to get mine ironed out and they kept telling me to delete my cookies :/

Finally someone must've done something after I kept responding to the reps because I suddenly got an email with a verifcation code and the new password I had to make has worked since (for now anyways).

If you look on the unboxed forums you will see there are a lot of people complaining about the exact same thing.

Doubt anyone knows, but do you guys think X1/PS4 versions of GTA would still bring a $10 cert if you bought a 360/ps3 version?

I'll probably still end up picking it up again, but knowing I'd get the $10 cert again would make that decision a lot easier.

Doubt anyone knows, but do you guys think X1/PS4 versions of GTA would still bring a $10 cert if you bought a 360/ps3 version?

I'll probably still end up picking it up again, but knowing I'd get the $10 cert again would make that decision a lot easier.
The PS4/XB1 versions have the $10 cert attached independently of the PS3/360 versions' promo, so you should get the $10 again.

Dumped a few old 360 games, and some bluray sets at a local store so they are taking me out of the BB game for awhile....

but at basically 40 (50 then 10 cert) for a game on release, still gonna be hard to pass up

Finally got to check out SoM, from what I played I really dig it. I understand what people were saying about the controls being wonky though. My boss at work was telling me that it was extremely difficult and he was dying a lot, it kind of had me worried.

Finally got to check out SoM, from what I played I really dig it. I understand what people were saying about the controls being wonky though. My boss at work was telling me that it was extremely difficult and he was dying a lot, it kind of had me worried.
It doesn't feel that difficult to me (I've only died once, to a Caragor during a story mission, in ~25 hours of playtime), but that might be because I've played all of the Arkham games.

Anybody that preordered NBA 2K15, did the KD preorder bonus show up in the cart? I don't see it in mine when I add the game, hope I still get it. 

Can you get the same title, but on different consoles and still get the 10$ Certificate for each one? 

I know back in the day you could do this with the 20$ Certificates.

Anybody have their Shadow of Mordor points pending yet?  I know they say the points don't show up to 15 days.  But when I look it up on my account, there isn't even a section for the "Victory is Pre-Ordered" Bonus pending and I ordered my copy on 9/12.

Anybody have their Shadow of Mordor points pending yet? I know they say the points don't show up to 15 days. But when I look it up on my account, there isn't even a section for the "Victory is Pre-Ordered" Bonus pending and I ordered my copy on 9/12.
wait 15 days, then worry about it

Yeah. I don't understand why it lets you go through all the steps and then shows that after you submit the order. If it really is sold out, it shouldn't let me add it to my cart n the first place.

Yeah. I don't understand why it lets you go through all the steps and then shows that after you submit the order. If it really is sold out, it shouldn't let me add it to my cart n the first place.
Yup that's what I was thinking. I called the 1-888 number to see what the crap is going on.

Now it says it's not available for store pickup after I pick a store.
They said the stores are sold out of the pre-order amounts. So I just put one in for shipping so I can get my $10 cert.

I'll just pick up a copy somewhere else, and return it later on when I get my shipped copy from BB.

Damnit, that stupid White Rider trophy is gonna stop me from the SoM plat.  Have tried a few video walkthroughs and it just wont pop :whistle2:(

On-topic, anyone else not even seeing pending points for SoM?  I really hate the new BB site design...

Damnit, that stupid White Rider trophy is gonna stop me from the SoM plat. Have tried a few video walkthroughs and it just wont pop :whistle2:(

On-topic, anyone else not even seeing pending points for SoM? I really hate the new BB site design...
I have the transaction pending still. No cert points.

Here's what I used.

Liberate 30 slaves in 180 seconds while riding a caragor.
The easiest way to get this trophy is in the second area "Sea of Nurnen" after the mission 'Hunting Partners'. Purchase the Shadow Mount ability to make this a lot easier. Head to the Harad Basin Forge Tower to the east of the map. Walk to the edge and look down to the left, there will be a caragor lying on the ground, at first glance it looks dead but it's just chilling. Use the shadow mount ability by holding
L2.png
and pressing
Cross18x18.png
. From there quickly make your way through the area looking for clusters of little white triangles (slaves) on the mini map. Kill the Uruks guarding them to free them. You don't need to kill any excess Uruks that join in the fray or chase after the already freed slaves, just move on to the next lot. You'll know a slave has been freed when 'Liberation' flashes on the left side of the screen. Free as many as you can moving quickly from one cluster to the next. If there is only one Uruk guarding a group of slaves make use of the arrow rather than using melee and the Caragor as it's much quicker. Last of all, make sure to attempt this trophy during the day, as at night Ghuls arrive and get in the way a fair bit.

Like clockwork, the chicken littles come out when they don't see their points when they want.

THE 500 POINTS DO NOT SHOW AS PENDING. THEY JUST POOF INTO EXISTENCE. WAIT THE 15 DAYS AND IF THEY DO NOT SHOW UP POST ON THE UNBOXED FORUMS.

Sorry for caps, just figured it would be easier to see for those who have this question again in the short term.

It doesn't feel that difficult to me (I've only died once, to a Caragor during a story mission, in ~25 hours of playtime), but that might be because I've played all of the Arkham games.
I didn't find it difficult.. just stupid

I died like a dozen times due to getting into a fight then all of a sudden 5+ bosses spawn and attack me.

Once I got the hang of it, I almost never died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back