Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
yea it was posted on the best buy forums awhile back that alot of stores already reach there limits so the only things you can do is to either try a different store or do ship to home pre order
I hear you but I can also do a store pickup for the store that I couldn't preorder from...so kind of strange.

I just came from BB, did a few trades, and a few preorders. I had the preorder card for Master Chief collection, but the system kept saying it wasn't available for preorder, process as sale. The employees didn't know what to do about it, and I had to get going, so I just left it. My guess is that the store sold its allotment of preorders, but I don't know. This ever happen to any of you?
I'll try to place my preorder when I stop by later today and report back. At this point, my only guess is the preorder cards may not be using the right SKU or it's not properly categorized under the PO system.

When I preordered Madden in-store, they ran out of cards and we tried to use the SKU listed for the games online but they also had come up as unavailable for preorder. The system apparently had a different SKU number for preorders even though some games will use the same SKU for preorder.

I've seen .com orders run out of preorder allocations but have never heard of the standard edition of any games hitting their max preorder limit in-store. The only times that has happened before is for a CE. For a big game like MCC, that wouldn't make sense to hit a cap this early.

Has anybody successfuly preordered the game in store already?

I pre-ordered the Call of Duty Day Zero version for PS4 a few weeks back. Regular old free shipping. I'm thinking of getting GTAV too.

What are the odds of getting the reward certificate from COD early enough to put it towards GTA? I figure it would be a pretty small window of time, if any, but it's been a while since I pre-ordered from BB, so I don't know how that works as far as when you're charged and when the cert is issued, especially with this day zero thing.

And how does that day zero deal work exactly? Is it basically worthless if you don't pay for release date delivery?

I pre-ordered the Call of Duty Day Zero version for PS4 a few weeks back. Regular old free shipping. I'm thinking of getting GTAV too.

What are the odds of getting the reward certificate from COD early enough to put it towards GTA? I figure it would be a pretty small window of time, if any, but it's been a while since I pre-ordered from BB, so I don't know how that works as far as when you're charged and when the cert is issued, especially with this day zero thing.

And how does that day zero deal work exactly? Is it basically worthless if you don't pay for release date delivery?
it take 15 to 20 days after pickup of game or date game is shipped. COD release 11/4 and GTA 11/18 so it will be a tight time period since 15 days after COD release wouldnt be until 11/19 a day after GTA releases. and your questions on Day Zero Deal can be answered here in the FAQ section at the top http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/dayzero

So how often do the 500 points appear after the transaction is no longer pending?  Generally on all the items i've preordered, the 500 points appears while its still pending.   My points for Mordor finalized but the 500 pts arent there.

it take 15 to 20 days after pickup of game or date game is shipped. COD release 11/4 and GTA 11/18 so it will be a tight time period since 15 days after COD release wouldnt be until 11/19 a day after GTA releases. and your questions on Day Zero Deal can be answered here in the FAQ section at the top http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/dayzero
Thanks. I saw that FAQ but didn't think it was too clear when I first read it.

I figured there was some kind of guarantee anyone pre-ordering could play the game on 11/3, like via a download that only works that day or something, seeing as how most online orders won't get to customers on day one without paying for ridiculous shipping prices.

I guess the fact that they don't specify anything means you have to have the disk in hand.

I would just pick up GTA 5 a few days after release

For people who bought instore. Sign into your account on your mobile, add the game to your cart and show them the amount with GCU discount. I think you will have a better chance this way and less confusion.

I just came from BB, did a few trades, and a few preorders. I had the preorder card for Master Chief collection, but the system kept saying it wasn't available for preorder, process as sale. The employees didn't know what to do about it, and I had to get going, so I just left it. My guess is that the store sold its allotment of preorders, but I don't know. This ever happen to any of you?
As a follow up, the PO system is not recognizing the preorder cards correctly. I was able to get them to just manually enter the SKU for the actual game (which is also listed online for reference): 7041003.

All I did this time was PM one of the mods on the unboxed forums about a price adjustment on Shadow of Mordor. I did not call customer service. I got my credit within a few hours with no hassle whatsoever. A lot easier then calling an hoping to get a rep that will help you out. 

Despite my sending a PM to Mike on the Best Buy forums about the SoM post-purchase PM for $8+tax, Aaron responded. :???:

Thankfully he processed the credit back to the gift card I used (which I still have), so no false "policies" here! :D I'm definitely going this route for future post-purchase PMs on online-bought games.

Despite my sending a PM to Mike on the Best Buy forums about the SoM post-purchase PM for $8+tax, Aaron responded. :???:

Thankfully he processed the credit back to the gift card I used (which I still have), so no false "policies" here! :D I'm definitely going this route for future post-purchase PMs on online-bought games.
That's good to know. Still waiting on my response, but glad that Aaron is doing the right thing.

the part that would suck is if brian and mike got so many PMs that they split there PM's in half and give them to Aaron then i feel sorry for whoever pms get stuck with aaron

Thankfully he processed the credit back to the gift card I used (which I still have), so no false "policies" here! :D I'm definitely going this route for future post-purchase PMs on online-bought games
lmao i guess my prediction on that was right and congrats glad the adjustment was easier this time around for you. Maybe it a good sign best buy will get the policy official changed on the website by the holidays to make it that easy with the phone reps to.

Aaron processed my credit as well.

Thanks for the heads up on Shadow of Mordor, I also PM'd Brian.  Would be a great use of this thread to post price drops until the PM policy time has lapsed.

Does anyone know if It possible to call and change a pre order payment to a different card payment without canceling the pre order?
Dreamer - yes it is, but you need to call customer service and they will be able to change credit card information. They did it for me last year when I preordered my PS4 and my bank re-issued my credit card the friday before release.

Yes, it's possible. I'm sure a lot of people had to do it (including myself) thanks to the Target security breach.

Dreamer - yes it is, but you need to call customer service and they will be able to change credit card information. They did it for me last year when I preordered my PS4 and my bank re-issued my credit card the friday before release.
Yes, it's possible. I'm sure a lot of people had to do it (including myself) thanks to the Target security breach.
thanks cause my brother f'd up my best buy Credit Card so i had to close the account and i have three different pre-orders to change so would the below situation be possible then or would it be more of a hassle probably:

1st pre-order: Switch it to a gift card to pay the full amount

2nd pre-order: the remainder of the gift card i used on the 1st pre-order and then the remaining balance on a pre-paid visa card i have

3rd pre-order: just switch over to a normal credit card since it a game that doesnt release for 5 months.

Has everyone got their $10 Xbox GC for pre-ordering Forza Horizon 2 yet? It's been nearly three weeks and I still haven't received mine.

I forgot to add something Aaron said:

"Also, in the future, please create a public thread in the appropriate gaming or customer service board if you are in need of assistance. Do not send unsolicited private messages or the same private message to multiple moderators as this will result in a delayed response."

...So am I seriously supposed to clutter one of those forums with my post-purchase PM requests so a mod will ask me to send a private message to him? I only messaged one mod (Mike). :whistle2:k

"Also, in the future, please create a public thread in the appropriate gaming or customer service board if you are in need of assistance. Do not send unsolicited private messages or the same private message to multiple moderators as this will result in a delayed response."

...So am I seriously supposed to clutter one of those forums with my post-purchase PM requests so a mod will ask me to send a private message to him? I only messaged one mod (Mike). :whistle2:k
I sent mike a pm on the unboxed forums and got no response yet . Seems they may be getting annoyed with price adjustment requests filling their inbox . I can see why in a way but at the same time when talking to a rep over the phone doesn't get you anywhere that's what these guys are there for .

[quote name="Kevlar338" post="12173437" timestamp="1413853895"]I sent mike a pm on the unboxed forums and got no response yet . Seems they may be getting annoyed with price adjustment requests filling their inbox . I can see why in a way but at the same time when talking to a rep over the phone doesn't get you anywhere that's what these guys are there for .[/quote]
Same. I think I might make a thread.

That's a very Aaron thing for him to say.

Some of the mods are saying the forum isn't the place for the price adjustments and to instead call the 800 number
Thank you for posting to the forum and for being an Unlocked member!

I am more than happy to see what I can do to help; however, in the future you are going to want to call 1-888-BestBuy if you want to request a price match for a BestBuy.com order. To go over your order with you and see what I can do, I will be sending you a private message. You can check your private messages by logging into the forum and clicking on the yellow envelope at the top of the page.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy-com/Shadow-of-Mordor-Price-match-adjustment-request/m-p/862129/highlight/true#M4501

Some of the mods are saying the forum isn't the place for the price adjustments and to instead call the 800 number
Thank you for posting to the forum and for being an Unlocked member!

I am more than happy to see what I can do to help; however, in the future you are going to want to call 1-888-BestBuy if you want to request a price match for a BestBuy.com order. To go over your order with you and see what I can do, I will be sending you a private message. You can check your private messages by logging into the forum and clicking on the yellow envelope at the top of the page.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy-com/Shadow-of-Mordor-Price-match-adjustment-request/m-p/862129/highlight/true#M4501
Call us instead of asking here, that way the people on the phone will have no idea and deny you.

I support Aaron 100%.
mike told me not to pm him ever again, after my second time private messaging him for getting my extra 10% gcu that the bestbuy employee forgot to add during my trade in

mike told me not to pm him ever again, after my second time private messaging him for getting my extra 10% gcu that the bestbuy employee forgot to add during my trade in
How can they say anything like that? It's not like you are messaging him to talk shit. You have an issue and want it addressed ASAP.

We need to go higher than these guys. Take this to the next level. And copy his message in your higher level email.

It's their job to handle these type of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back