Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How can they say anything like that? It's not like you are messaging him to talk shit. You have an issue and want it addressed ASAP.

We need to go higher than these guys. Take this to the next level. And copy his message in your higher level email.

It's their job to handle these type of issues.
after reading that kind of response,now when i am trading in, and the employee are clueless are the 10% trade in for gcu members. i just tell them to give me my game back, and i will take it some where else.

what mike basically said, was that it is not his job to give me 10% trade in points i lost, because of their untrained employees. but i had the responsibility to remind, and make sure the employees doing the trade isn get me my 10%

idk how the did the math but i only got credited $6.50. there was an obvious mis-calculation on their part but i'm glad to at lease get a pm.

after reading that kind of response, now when i am trading in, and the employee are clueless are the 10% trade in for gcu members. i just tell them to give me my game back, and i will take it some where else.
No, your time is valuable. Get them straightened out and fix it once and for all. You shouldn't have to go somewhere else. You are already there.

I forgot to add something Aaron said:

"Also, in the future, please create a public thread in the appropriate gaming or customer service board if you are in need of assistance. Do not send unsolicited private messages or the same private message to multiple moderators as this will result in a delayed response."

...So am I seriously supposed to clutter one of those forums with my post-purchase PM requests so a mod will ask me to send a private message to him? I only messaged one mod (Mike). :whistle2:k
good luck with that, the mods can be selective in what the threads they response to. especially if your threads contain negative/criticism things to say about bestbuy. they will actually delete it.

good luck with that, the mods can be selective in what the threads they response to. especially if your threads contain negative/criticism things to say about bestbuy. they will actually delete it.
Always be professional. The more people who see it, the more people will know about Post Purchase Price Adjustments. And the quicker they will be done.

Not really. should be ~$8 back. GCU cost is $51.85 after tax. GCU w/ sale and tax is $43.2. $8.65 to be exact.
Its $10 less this week. So it's $10 to get back. Gcu has nothing to do with it. My madden adjustments were $10 plus 6% tax both times. That was the exact same price drop.

Its $10 less this week. So it's $10 to get back. Gcu has nothing to do with it. My madden adjustments were $10 plus 6% tax both times. That was the exact same price drop.
When the price is $60, GCU makes it $48. When the price is $50, GCU makes it $40.

They should give back the difference between what you paid at the time and what you would pay if you bought it now, which is $8+tax. Sometimes they do $10 by mistake.

When the price is $60, GCU makes it $48. When the price is $50, GCU makes it $40.

They should give back the difference between what you paid at the time and what you would pay if you bought it now, which is $8+tax. Sometimes they do $10 by mistake.
Well the way it was explained to me and credited to me was I get back the difference between the original purchase price and the sale price.

your just as bad in math as those bby employees.

as gcu member, we didn't pay $60 but $48. stay in school, junior.
It hasn't worked like that for me. I get back the full difference. Did it with madden and metro.

And you don't know me and wouldn't speak to me like that in person so keep the name calling to yourself.

hey i posted a new idea thread on the best buy forum that i think most of us here would find very handy and useful especially in situations like these price matches if everyone could vote or leave there input on it i would appreciate it.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-a-Live-Chat-Customer-Service-Support-Feature-to-Bestbuy-com/idi-p/863065
This would help the transferring and disconnecting problem but my guess is the live chat reps prob still would not not know what gcu is or how it works. Or if they do, they prob handle price adjustments with gcu incorrectly the same way employees do now, with them saying we got it "on sale for 20% extra" the first time around

Can someone tell me who I should PM on the Best Buy forums regarding on getting my 500 points for my Shadow of Mordor purchase along with a price match? Going by the previous page, Aaron seems to be the best bet?

My transaction for my SoM purchase posted and still no bonus points. I messaged Gaming-BBY yesterday and they responded back today telling me to wait 20 days despite today being the 20th day...

This would help the transferring and disconnecting problem but my guess is the live chat reps prob still would not not know what gcu is or how it works. Or if they do, they prob handle price adjustments with gcu incorrectly the same way employees do now, with them saying we got it "on sale for 20% extra" the first time around
true but we will be able to link them to direct pages from the forum that then help to solve that confusion

I forgot to add something Aaron said:

"Also, in the future, please create a public thread in the appropriate gaming or customer service board if you are in need of assistance. Do not send unsolicited private messages or the same private message to multiple moderators as this will result in a delayed response."

...So am I seriously supposed to clutter one of those forums with my post-purchase PM requests so a mod will ask me to send a private message to him? I only messaged one mod (Mike). :whistle2:k
I got the same quote from Aaron.

As for my response from Aaron, after messaging Mike. Said he couldn't do because I had exchanged my game in store. The game came with the disc popped out of holder and had some scuffs on the back. So he said I have to go instore to deal with it. I don't know if he's just trying to side step the situation or what.

How do you tell if Mordor points posted, specifically? I've been selling my soul to Best Buy lately, and am not sure which $10 is from which transaction anymore...
If you mouse over the mybestbuy icon the click account overview >> then go to purchase history locate you Shadows Of Mordor purchase if it says that you for 500+ points for the transaction then you got your reward.

Can someone tell me who I should PM on the Best Buy forums regarding on getting my 500 points for my Shadow of Mordor purchase along with a price match? Going by the previous page, Aaron seems to be the best bet?
Heh, Mike is actually your best bet--a lot of us just ended up with Aaron answering the PMs we sent to Mike. :roll:

Doubt it. Only deal they ever did was the $10 "gas" card for mario kart 8. Well, and Zelda when they ddi the buy 5 get $100 back
A shame. I've pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros. for Wii U and Captain Toad, but I won't see bonuses for any of 'em. Bah.

Am I the only one who doesn't think the CoD deal is that great? Unless youve held onto your cheap copies from Target I don't see why this is such a great deal

Am I the only one who doesn't think the CoD deal is that great? Unless youve held onto your cheap copies from Target I don't see why this is such a great deal
$30 for ghosts when the game has been $15-20... seems pretty good, same with Black ops 2 for $15 plus the $10 coupon, $25 for a two year old game?

The reason they want you to create a thread is for workload purposes.

It happened when Mariel was still on the boards. People sent her a TON of messages and she got backed up. This was when they didn't have the preorder bonuses figured out and ESPECIALLY when gears 3 came out and the mechanic Baird skin exclusive to BBY was going for up to $60 on eBay (I sold mine for $52 before fees). Yeh some poor fools were paying as much as the game was worth for a skin. I wish I had that much money.

They tried splitting it up but some people fell through the cracks. That did not make people happy. They tried having a joint "Dropbox" account that all reps could access. They hit a snag a couple of times but I'm not sure why they aren't still using it.

But it also protects you as if an employee has vacation or multiple days off, you're request isn't just sitting there collecting dust and pissing you off.

Heh, Mike is actually your best bet--a lot of us just ended up with Aaron answering the PMs we sent to Mike. :roll:
Got my credit from Mike this morning. He stated "at this time our policy does state that the Unlocked discount does not apply with price-matches", but he applied an allowance for the $8+tax. Not feeling good about him considering a price match, though, does not bode well.

Got my credit from Mike this morning. He stated "at this time our policy does state that the Unlocked discount does not apply with price-matches", but he applied an allowance for the $8+tax. Not feeling good about him considering a price match, though, does not bode well.
I got a similar response and resolution from Aaron when asking about post-PMing Theatrhythm Curtain Call:

"When it comes to price matches, our official Gamers' Club Unlocked FAQ does specifically state that price matches cannot be sought in conjunction with the 20% GCU discount on new, physical video game software -- customers may receive one or the other. We're working with our My Best Buy teams to receive clarification on this policy though, as the GCU discount is a paid benefit. Any exceptions to this policy are offered on a case-by-case basis and cannot be guaranteed. You should, however, see record of this price difference in the next 2-3 business days."

Isn't there a record of GCU being confirmed as factored in when processing post-purchase PMs? I could have sworn there was.

I had a $5 XOne Ghosts from Microsoft's brief deal, so getting $22 + $10coupon is pretty great. Really, the great part of these occasional coupons is that they stack with GCU discount and preorder $10 cert. $60 - $10cpn - $10GCU = $40. Factor in the preorder cert, and it is $30 for a new release, even if we didn't get the great trade value. If we are lucky, the game will go on sale during the price adjustment window like Madden did (Mordor, too, but it didn't have the coupon).

$30 for ghosts when the game has been $15-20... seems pretty good, same with Black ops 2 for $15 plus the $10 coupon, $25 for a two year old game?
Technically the TIV for Black Ops II was better when the 50% was going. It had a base of $12 so with the 50% it was $18, and if you had GCU it was $19.20.

This deal requires you to spend about $30 to $40, depending on your state tax, on a game. I guess it comes down to if you wanted the game or not.

Also I kind of miss BO and BOII, they were by far the best CODs since the original PC games and MW1.

so i called to get change a payment on assassin creed that i had price match so in the process of changing payment the guy messed up somehow and it ended up changing the order to regular price but he said he made a note and once i receive the item on release to call back and get refunded the different between the original price and the price it charged me after changing payment. I got a feeling it going to be a pain but at least i still have my original emails with the original total. 

[quote name="dreamer131313" post="12175055" timestamp="1413918559"]no game gets $20 it only $10 and the games are in the OP[/quote]
Ah. Thought some games get 20 since I got a $20 reward for nba

Probably a stupid question but it shouldnt matter if I preorder using the preorder cards or if I just go to customer service and have them just preorder through the computer right?

Probably a stupid question but it shouldnt matter if I preorder using the preorder cards or if I just go to customer service and have them just preorder through the computer right?
Members have reported having issues with these lately. I would recommend using the preorder slip at the touch screen gaming kiosk instead.

Members have reported having issues with these lately. I would recommend using the preorder slip at the touch screen gaming kiosk instead.
Didnt see any kind of kiosk. I just had them put $5 on each of my 5 preorders at customer service. So they just did it for me in their computers and I have a receipt with all 5 preorders on it. Hope I dont have any kind of issues.

Didnt see any kind of kiosk. I just had them put $5 on each of my 5 preorders at customer service. So they just did it for me in their computers and I have a receipt with all 5 preorders on it. Hope I dont have any kind of issues.
If the transaction went through, I'm sure you are fine then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back