Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who are going to midnight release. Can you post what stuff you get? And is it possible if there are still some available to get them at the store later when I pick up the preorder. I'm prohibited by family members to go on a school night, no worries I'll only be a little jealous :p . I think Day zero will be useless for me as well since I have to do 6 papers tomorrow and have tests the following day XD

For those who are going to midnight release. Can you post what stuff you get? And is it possible if there are still some available to get them at the store later when I pick up the preorder. I'm prohibited by family members to go on a school night, no worries I'll only be a little jealous :p . I think Day zero will be useless for me as well since I have to do 6 papers tomorrow and have tests the following day XD
Why don't you just preorder the Day Zero Edition now for in store pickup?

You have like 7 or more days to pick it up

You could stil pick it up, although standing at mine waiting to leave and they are giving away nothing, but being open at 10pm is better for me than free swag from somewhere else. Also forgot to mention they had trouble with the coupon so they took $10 off manually.

You could stil pick it up, although standing at mine waiting to leave and they are giving away nothing, but being open at 10pm is better for me than free swag from somewhere else. Also forgot to mention they had trouble with the coupon so they took $10 off manually.
hmm sounds good. And wondered why you had a problem with the coupon. Is it because it is a preorder? Hopefully they do not pull something like it is gcu or the coupon and stuff. Do you have gcu?

For anyone interested in one of the special editions of CoD:AW, check your local store after all. I just got back from the midnight opening and they had one Atlas Pro and a few Atlas editions for each system, despite everything saying that there would be no inventory in-store. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that they did this just to avoid coughing up the extra $10 for pre-orders on top of GCU.

No swag at all and only five (yep, FIVE) people in line total. So it's official: Ghosts completely killed the franchise. . .

For anyone interested in one of the special editions of CoD:AW, check your local store after all. I just got back from the midnight opening and they had one Atlas Pro and a few Atlas editions for each system, despite everything saying that there would be no inventory in-store. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that they did this just to avoid coughing up the extra $10 for pre-orders on top of GCU.

No swag at all and only five (yep, FIVE) people in line total. So it's official: Ghosts completely killed the franchise. . .

Decent crowd in DFW, plenty of people coming and going with preorders.  They were giving away posters, pretty cool looking US flag with soldiers in a shadowed background.  They had issues applying my trade in coupon, but they had a manager adjust the price and no issues.  Painless experience.

At Gamestop they split us into groups of 10 and I heard group numbers up to 15, so at least 150 people came in on Sunday and paid off their copies at the Gamestop I went to.

The coupon is having problems because technically in their system the 3rd doesn't start till 1. So the coupon won't work till 1.
Pretty sure this was it since they were processing it at 9:30ish AZ time (11:30ish EST). Did get $10 off of the $48 though instead of the $10 off and then 20% which saves me a couple extra bucks. Also preordered MCC and AC:U while I was there.

Edit: Also barely got home a little bit ago since I live ~45 minutes away.

I went to pickup cod at midnight, which i preordered. They scanned my preorder receipt and rang the game in. The gamer club unlocked didnt show up. I told them I had it and they said i couldnt double dip with the $10 reward certificate and gcu. I know others have had this work? is there something I missed? This was my first time using it since buying it this week, thanks for the help.

I went to pickup cod at midnight, which i preordered. They scanned my preorder receipt and rang the game in. The gamer club unlocked didnt show up. I told them I had it and they said i couldnt double dip with the $10 reward certificate and gcu. I know others have had this work? is there something I missed? This was my first time using it since buying it this week, thanks for the help.
There really shouldn't be a problem with it not working. I know it worked when they had the Madden 15 promo back a couple of months ago. Thing is we are starting to run into holiday time which means you run into new employees who don't know the system.

Just got back from my midnight launch. Store was dead because I pulled up at 11:30 central and they said they where letting people leave right away at 12:01 eastern so 11:01 my time. Weird. Lol Fastest I have ever been in and out of there for a midnight launch. They also gave me a poster and this Sentinel Task Force patch that looks kinda cool.

They are wrong the $10 rewards has nothing to do with unlocked and they do stack. Probably best to complain on the forums and fill out the survey saying they don't know about the promos and need to be taught about them. It would not be logical to save $2 extra on games by spending $100 for an unlocked membership.

[attachment=9746:IMG_0052.JPG]

Got a poster, didn't want the small patch. Not much people showed up at my local Best Buy or GameStop compared to Black Ops 2 launch 2 years ago. Crowd was about 20-30 each store vs 2 years ago where it was 100+. Either COD Ghosts killed the franchise or everyone is just getting the digital copy. This midnight launch just didn't feel as grand as past COD midnight launches... No giveaways, little to no swag, no early gameplay inside the magnolia area.

At Gamestop they split us into groups of 10 and I heard group numbers up to 15, so at least 150 people came in on Sunday and paid off their copies at the Gamestop I went to.
Went to gamestop to get my X1 copy and then to Best Buy for my PS4 copy. I was paying off my pre-order at 11:15pm est and my gamestop got a call telling them to just sell the game immediately. Saved me so much time from having to go back outside to wait in the line.

Did you give them your mybestbuy number when you pre-ordered? When they scan the pre-order receipt it should ask you to confirm your name and address on the credit card machine. The unlock discount will come off after that. The only thing I could think of is that you didn't give them your mybestbuy number when you put down your deposit.

Pre-Ordered the Atlas pro from best buy, but hasn't shipped so I ordered a regular edition. Went to Best Buy around 8:50 pacific. There was only 6-7 people. Then 10 minutes later about 40 people showed up.

They split the line in two. People with and without receipts. It sucks cause the people without receipts were being taken care of a lot faster. Then someone who had pre-ordered atlas pro in store had trouble, they couldn't find his. Was there for about 30 minutes before they got to us, and we were 3rd in line. Got a free poster, forgot to ask about the patch.

Picked up my preorder for a friend and ended up buying myself a copy. Figured it would be a cheap rental. Both got a poster and patch. They actually asked me if I wanted to get GCU for $30 since I was buying a $40+ game. I ended up adding two years to my sub. I was surprised they did that. Normally at my store they never know what it is. Hopefully this means employees are going to be more aware now.

Pre-Ordered the Atlas pro from best buy, but hasn't shipped so I ordered a regular edition. Went to Best Buy around 8:50 pacific. There was only 6-7 people. Then 10 minutes later about 40 people showed up.

They split the line in two. People with and without receipts. It sucks cause the people without receipts were being taken care of a lot faster. Then someone who had pre-ordered atlas pro in store had trouble, they couldn't find his. Was there for about 30 minutes before they got to us, and we were 3rd in line. Got a free poster, forgot to ask about the patch.
Seems like in store pre-order always run into trouble somehow.

They couldn't find my copy when I went to pick up my SSO and also to extend my GCU. It took them 40 minutes to find the copy (which they grabbed from the shelf because they gave up looking for my copy). This reminded me why I never preorder in store. Similar incident happened to me years before and I never preordered in store afterwards.

Online pro-order rarely has any problems and they always have a sticker with your name on it.

I pre-ordered COD:AW in-store using the trade-in promo a couple of weeks ago.  How can I tell if I got the Day Zero edition to be able to pick it up today?  Are all pre-orders the Day Zero edition?  My receipt does say "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day" so i'm thinking it is that version, but the pre-order card they scanned doesn't say Day Zero anywhere on it.

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Seems like in store pre-order always run into trouble somehow.

They couldn't find my copy when I went to pick up my SSO and also to extend my GCU. It took them 40 minutes to find the copy (which they grabbed from the shelf because they gave up looking for my copy). This reminded me why I never preorder in store. Similar incident happened to me years before and I never preordered in store afterwards.

Online pro-order rarely has any problems and they always have a sticker with your name on it.
I've had several online pre-orders that have been messed up. I can recall this has happened on three different occasions at three different stores. Best Buy can be clueless sometimes...

I pre-ordered COD:AW in-store using the trade-in promo a couple of weeks ago. How can I tell if I got the Day Zero edition to be able to pick it up today? Are all pre-orders the Day Zero edition? My receipt does say "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day" so i'm thinking it is that version, but the pre-order card they scanned doesn't say Day Zero anywhere on it.

Sorry if this has already been asked.
All COD:AW pre-orders are Day Zero Edition. I'm pretty sure that even if you didn't have one pre-ordered, you could walk into most stores and pick one up.

Was anyone able to get the preorder and gcu to stack with this for cod? Was told I couldn't have both last night.
They argued about it at first, but, they finally gave it to me.

They had to do a manual adjustment; I think the issue was the coupon wasnt live until 11/3 but I was there for a pre-midnight launch...which was a fiasco in and of itself.

How y'all liking AW?

I preordered but idk if I'll pick it up.  Im somewhat "broke" but I want something that is better than Destiny PVP (although I enjoy it very much)

How y'all liking AW?

I preordered but idk if I'll pick it up. Im somewhat "broke" but I want something that is better than Destiny PVP (although I enjoy it very much)
ironically I preordered cod aw and just now got a email saying thanks for preordering through best buy and as a thanks here a dlc code and it is for destiny lol talk about cross promotions

All COD:AW pre-orders are Day Zero Edition. I'm pretty sure that even if you didn't have one pre-ordered, you could walk into most stores and pick one up.
Thanks for the response. Oddly enough, I just got an email from Best Buy with the pre-order Destiny skin and it said their stores will open at Midnight (referring to last night) which seems to confirm all of the copies must be Day Zero.

Thanks for the response. Oddly enough, I just got an email from Best Buy with the pre-order Destiny skin and it said their stores will open at Midnight (referring to last night) which seems to confirm all of the copies must be Day Zero.

Hey guys, quick question.. I picked up COD: AW last night/today at midnight. I had it pre-ordered and I am a member of GCU. When I go to my Best Buy account online and look under purchase history, it isn't showing up yet. Does that mean they forgot to add my GCU account when ringing up the final checkout? I really want my 10 dollar gift certificate from the 500 points I am supposed to get for pre-ordering.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hey guys, quick question.. I picked up COD: AW last night/today at midnight. I had it pre-ordered and I am a member of GCU. When I go to my Best Buy account online and look under purchase history, it isn't showing up yet. Does that mean they forgot to add my GCU account when ringing up the final checkout? I really want my 10 dollar gift certificate from the 500 points I am supposed to get for pre-ordering.

Give it a few days. New purchases don't typically show up right away.

As long as you preordered it you are good. Did you get your discount when you picked it up? It can take 15-20 days before you get your 500 point bonus. It's important to note, when it does show up under your purchase history, it isn't going to say anything about the 500 points. So don't panic, that's normal. One day, within 20 days it will just show up.

Does it matter that my preorder receipt for Advanced Warfare wasn't scanned when ringing up the game?
Most Best Buy locations print out a duplicate pre-order deposit receipt taped to your copy of the game with your name on it. If they scanned that bar code on the duplicate pre-order deposit receipt, you don't need to hand them your pre-order deposit receipt.

Did your final receipt show that your deposit came off?

Well I just went in during my lunch hour to trade in a few games and pick up AW. As I'm there, a girl that had pre-ordered was trying to pick up her 360 copy which wasn't the Day Zero bundle, all the while, one of the employees was just feeding her a bunch of crap such as the cover arts being different for every console. Anyways, this went on for about 30 minutes, I had to get back to work, so I wasn't even able to trade in my games or pick up my copy of AW.

I'm pretty irritated, but I guess it's not the end of the world - I'll hopefully pick it up after work.

Most Best Buy locations print out a duplicate pre-order deposit receipt taped to your copy of the game with your name on it. If they scanned that bar code on the duplicate pre-order deposit receipt, you don't need to hand them your pre-order deposit receipt.

Did your final receipt show that your deposit came off?
I don't think so. I put the minium $5 two weeks ago. Looking at the receipt it says the following:

COD Advanced Warafre $39.99*

10.00 VID GM CPN BNDL

10.00 VID GM CPN BNDL

I used the trade $10 coupon in the transaction. Shouldn't I have payed $33? $48 after gcu -$5 deposit- $10 trade up coupon?

I don't think so. I put the minium $5 two weeks ago. Looking at the receipt it says the following:

COD Advanced Warafre $39.99*

10.00 VID GM CPN BNDL

10.00 VID GM CPN BNDL

I used the trade $10 coupon in the transaction. Shouldn't I have payed $33? $48 after gcu -$5 deposit- $10 trade up coupon?
Check under your payment methods on the receipt. The $5 preorder deposit is treated as a separate method there, so if you don't see it together with how you paid for the remainder of the total, they didn't process your preorder correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back