Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so. I put the minium $5 two weeks ago. Looking at the receipt it says the following:

COD Advanced Warafre $39.99*

10.00 VID GM CPN BNDL

10.00 VID GM CPN BNDL

I used the trade $10 coupon in the transaction. Shouldn't I have payed $33? $48 after gcu -$5 deposit- $10 trade up coupon?
Do you see...

• Preorder Deposit $5.00
Right below "Total"?

Also one of the Video Game Bundle discount should be $12. 20% off a $59.99 game, does not equal $10.

Make a Best Buy forum account and post a thread here. The corporate employees there are more helpful than the ones you get on the phone.

Check under your payment methods on the receipt. The $5 preorder deposit is treated as a separate method there, so if you don't see it together with how you paid for the remainder of the total, they didn't process your preorder correctly.
Don't see anything mentioning anything $5 related. The guy looked at the deposit after everything was done and I asked him if this meant anything, he replied no and proceeded to crumbling up the paper and throwing it out. Now I get the joy of calling CS and having to fix this.

Nope. Just the gift cards I used for the purchase. Oh well, at least I got the game and GCU today. Thanks HTZ and Vigilante for responding.
If that is the case, you never got your pre-order deposit back. I also edited my previous post, your GCU discount was not calculated correctly. Go to the best buy forum and a mod will help you out.

Your purchase should total out like this...

• $59.99 - $12.00(GCU) - $10(trade up coupon) - $5(deposit) = $32.99

If that is the case, you never got your pre-order deposit back. I also edited my previous post, your GCU discount was not calculated correctly. Go to the best buy forum and a mod will help you out.

Someone mentioned before, it went 59.99-10 coupon-GCU?

Someone mentioned before, it went 59.99-10 coupon-GCU?
That is just an example, in the end... Your total should be $32.99 before tax.

Edit:

Nvm, I understand where you are coming from now. The system took the $10 off coupon first then applied GCU which should be another $10 off.

It didn't work that way for me since I had to get a price adjustment for the $10 trade up coupon since I completed my in store transaction before the coupon became active last night.

But when Madden 15 had a similar $10 coupon, the GCU discount wasn't applied until after the $10 coupon (I used one myself), so with a $5 deposit factored in, the total would have been $34.99 before tax in that scenario.

But when Madden 15 had a similar $10 coupon, the GCU discount wasn't applied until after the $10 coupon (I used one myself), so with a $5 deposit factored in, the total would have been $34.99 before tax in that scenario.
Yeah, I forgot Best Buy's POS always factor in the coupon first before GCU. They fixed it awhile back during the time when we still got the magazine coupons.

The trade up coupon works 1st and then GCU is applied.

It should be $59.99 - $10(trade up coupon) - $10(GCU) - $5(deposit) = $34.99 + tax

The $10 coupon is getting applied first.  So the $50 remaining is why the GCU discount is calculating to $10 (20% of $50). 

So it should be $39.99 plus tax.  The $5 deposit should be treated as essentially a gift card that reduces the payment due after the total is calculated. 

iirc, the Madden trade coupon was taken first as well.

Yeah, it definitely goes trade up coupon -> GCU -> preorder deposit.

Mine ended up being $32.xx after tax because I put $10 down as a deposit.

Edit:

Nvm, I understand where you are coming from now. The system took the $10 off coupon first then applied GCU which should be another $10 off.

It didn't work that way for me since I had to get a price adjustment for the $10 trade up coupon since I completed my in store transaction before the coupon became active last night.
You have got to be fuck ing kidding me. I bought the game at 11:57pm yesterday. I used the $10 trade up coupon, but I fuck ing thought it didn't take $10 off because they were giving $10 back in rewardzone certificates later. I should have gotten $10 taken off right then and there?

You have got to be fuck ing kidding me. I bought the game at 11:57pm yesterday. I used the $10 trade up coupon, but I fuck ing thought it didn't take $10 off because they were giving $10 back in rewardzone certificates later. I should have gotten $10 taken off right then and there?
Uh...yeah. Haven't you preordered other games with the $10 back? Those didn't have any coupons that you turned in when picking up the game.

Do you still have the trade up coupon? Go back there and ask them to do a "price correction/adjustment". It won't affect your $10 certificate if you do it that way.

Does the Mover's 10% stack with the $10 CoD Trade-In coupon? Or can you only use one?

Uh...yeah. Haven't you preordered other games with the $10 back? Those didn't have any coupons that you turned in when picking up the game.
Uh... yeah. I didn't buy Madden. Have any other games had a $10 coupon? I'm not talking about the 500 points for preordering either. This is my first time using a $10 coupon. I didn't know it wasn't active yet.

Go back to your store and explain the situation. If you can, find the guy that completed your transaction.

or

Ask for help in the Best Buy forum.
Thanks. I have a picture of one of the coupons on my phone, so maybe they can type in the coupon number with the price adjustment like you suggested?

I bought another copy for someone with a separate coupon and I don't have a picture of that one. Crap.

Thanks again.

Thanks. I have a picture of one of the coupons on my phone, so maybe they can type in the coupon number with the price adjustment like you suggested?

I bought another copy for someone with a separate coupon and I don't have a picture of that one. Crap.

Thanks again.
Just ask them to price match/adjust it. If you give them the coupon, they might have to return/rebuy it. Which you don't want to do if you still want the $10 certificate.

Uh... yeah. I didn't buy Madden. Have any other games had a $10 coupon? I'm not talking about the 500 points for preordering either. This is my first time using a $10 coupon. I didn't know it wasn't active yet.
Sorry for sounding like a jerk. I thought you were confusing the $10 back in points with the $10 coupon for Advanced Warfare.

Just ask them to price match/adjust it. If you give them the coupon, they might have to return/rebuy it. Which you don't want to do if you still want the $10 certificate.
Ok. Thank you again so much for the good advice. I really appreciate it.

I really would like to go back to best buy tonight but I think I'm going to take advantage of all the double xp time I can.

Sorry for sounding like a jerk. I thought you were confusing the $10 back in points with the $10 coupon for Advanced Warfare.
No problem. Sorry for acting like an even bigger jerk back. My CAG blood was just boiling because I just found out that I lost out on $20 after spending forever doing two separate trade ins of Black Ops and Ghosts. I could have made more money just putting the time in at work instead of all of the time I did trading for those coupons at Best Buy.

They had an extra Atlas Limited Xbone copy last night too, so I ended up buying 3 copies of Advanced Warfare total. I didn't plan on spending that much. Hopefully it all works out.

Sigh, I need to go back to BB as they did not add in the $5 I had put down. I even handed the CSR the receipt to scan. Wondering how this will affect my $10 pre order reward certificate when this is all adjusted.

On a good note I was able to have BB adjust my online order for the Assassin Creed XB1 bundle for my brother in law and switch it to an in store pickup. I had received a shipping delay notice this morning so I walked out of store with the bundle for him and now do not have to wait for it.

I preordered CoD in store and haven't picked it up yet but they emailed me a Blacksmith Armor Shader code for Destiny this morning.

Anyone else get one?

I preordered CoD in store and haven't picked it up yet but they emailed me a Blacksmith Armor Shader code for Destiny this morning.

Anyone else get one?
ironically I preordered cod aw and just now got a email saying thanks for preordering through best buy and as a thanks here a dlc code and it is for destiny lol talk about cross promotions
Thanks for the response. Oddly enough, I just got an email from Best Buy with the pre-order Destiny skin and it said their stores will open at Midnight (referring to last night) which seems to confirm all of the copies must be Day Zero.

So I have a question. I pre ordered cod at best buy but decided to go digital with it. Now can I pick up my cod and hold onto it until lbp3 releases and do an even exchange and still keep the $10 bonus points or will I lose those since it's not the same game?

Hmm, the mods in the forum are now saying "Deal of the Day" prices are not eligible for price adjustments.

Their comments -->

We absolutely want to provide a pleasant experience for all our customers. We do our best here to reply to all forum threads within one business day of posting, and I’m sorry you had such difficulties when calling 1-888-BestBuy for your price match. Had you not already received it when we responded to your issue, we would have looked into your request.

It looks as though the price you were looking to match from Friday 10/31/14 was a Deal of the Day offer, which is not covered by our Price Match Guarantee. In light of your experience, I am glad to see a rep was able to take care of your request. We definitely don’t want to make it difficult for our customers to take advantage of this guarantee or call us with any question so please know your feedback is appreciated.

My response --> 

That "Deal of the Day" nugget is interesting and seems to go against the spirit of Best Buy guaranteeing the lowest price over the return period, and considering I could do a return / rebuy to get the same price, nothing more than an annoyance to irritate a repeat customer.

As long as you preordered it you are good. Did you get your discount when you picked it up? It can take 15-20 days before you get your 500 point bonus. It's important to note, when it does show up under your purchase history, it isn't going to say anything about the 500 points. So don't panic, that's normal. One day, within 20 days it will just show up.
Sweet, thanks!

Hmm, the mods in the forum are now saying "Deal of the Day" prices are not eligible for price adjustments.

Their comments -->

We absolutely want to provide a pleasant experience for all our customers. We do our best here to reply to all forum threads within one business day of posting, and I’m sorry you had such difficulties when calling 1-888-BestBuy for your price match. Had you not already received it when we responded to your issue, we would have looked into your request.

It looks as though the price you were looking to match from Friday 10/31/14 was a Deal of the Day offer, which is not covered by our Price Match Guarantee. In light of your experience, I am glad to see a rep was able to take care of your request. We definitely don’t want to make it difficult for our customers to take advantage of this guarantee or call us with any question so please know your feedback is appreciated.

My response -->

That "Deal of the Day" nugget is interesting and seems to go against the spirit of Best Buy guaranteeing the lowest price over the return period, and considering I could do a return / rebuy to get the same price, nothing more than an annoyance to irritate a repeat customer.
:applause:

I wonder how long it will take for your post there to be deleted...

So I have a question. I pre ordered cod at best buy but decided to go digital with it. Now can I pick up my cod and hold onto it until lbp3 releases and do an even exchange and still keep the $10 bonus points or will I lose those since it's not the same game?
Depends... What level are you? Because regular returns are 15 days, then 30 for elite, 45 elite plus... I guess if you are elite or elite plus you could do it and maybe get away with still get the $10? But most likely no you can't keep the $10

Considering it was this comment that triggered his response, maybe very quickly

Yes, I did ultimately manage to get the pm, but for the record this should be a pain free process if I'm within the programs rules. It should not take a request in a forum which was ignored for the majority of the day followed by me having to make multiple phone calls. The first call I made late afternoon was disconnected after 20+ minutes of the rep futzing around and finally declaring she was transferring me because she was having "computer problems". Frankly she was just the wrong person for the job. Most of the reps having problems with basic math. When I got home I tried again and thankfully got a better rep who took care of things efficiently.

I know that pm's are performed regularly via the forums, so perhaps rather than chastise an Elite Plus customer, the more customer appropriate response would be for pms to be performed via the forums without complaint or comment. After all your stated goals are to make shopping at best buy a pleasurable experience, and almost without exception calling the 1888BestBuy number results in a massive amount of lost time and frustration.

Considering it was this comment that triggered his response, maybe very quickly

Yes, I did ultimately manage to get the pm, but for the record this should be a pain free process if I'm within the programs rules. It should not take a request in a forum which was ignored for the majority of the day followed by me having to make multiple phone calls. The first call I made late afternoon was disconnected after 20+ minutes of the rep futzing around and finally declaring she was transferring me because she was having "computer problems". Frankly she was just the wrong person for the job. Most of the reps having problems with basic math. When I got home I tried again and thankfully got a better rep who took care of things efficiently.

I know that pm's are performed regularly via the forums, so perhaps rather than chastise an Elite Plus customer, the more customer appropriate response would be for pms to be performed via the forums without complaint or comment. After all your stated goals are to make shopping at best buy a pleasurable experience, and almost without exception calling the 1888BestBuy number results in a massive amount of lost time and frustration.

Well, it does actually say you can't PM a deal of the day price which is different than the problem with had with getting a price adjustment with GCU but yeah seems kinda bogus they won't price adjust a deal of the day price. Seems like we need to make a little noise on this and see if we can get that removed.

Their comments -->

It looks as though the price you were looking to match from Friday 10/31/14 was a Deal of the Day offer, which is not covered by our Price Match Guarantee. In light of your experience, I am glad to see a rep was able to take care of your request. We definitely don’t want to make it difficult for our customers to take advantage of this guarantee or call us with any question so please know your feedback is appreciated.

My response -->

DotD were never officially allowed to be price matched. An uninformed rep will do it for you sometimes though.

Our Price Match Guarantee does not cover:

• The online prices of retailers not listed.
  • Contract mobile phones sold by any online retailer.
  • Products shipped from or sold by third-party sellers (Marketplace sellers) on websites.
  • Competitors' service prices, Best Buy For Business transactions and BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items.
  • Any financing offers, bundle offers, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, items that are advertised as limited quantity, out of stock items, clearance items, open-box items, refurbished items, pre-owned items, deal of the day, daily deals, special hour sale event items, credit card offers, gift card offers, rent/lease to own items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Best Buy or a competitor.

They may as well just say we don't honor our own sales prices and be done with it.
Not really. I think you'll find very few retailers that honor limited duration/quantity sales of this type under their price match policies. Heck, a lot of retailers don't even do any formal price protection anymore on most items, including Amazon. Personally, I'm not upset about it. BB has been pretty good about honoring price drops and weekly sale drops and giving adjustments, even when their policy doesn't require it. I don't blame them for not wanting to deal with the calls and PMs to try and get a few bucks back from overzealous customers on something that is intended to function as the Internet equivalent of a door buster.

Anyone here do a midnight BBY Call of Duty launch last night? The store I was at was offering 2yrs of GCU for $18 with game purchase

<p>

I'll amend this as well. The coupon comes off before GCU so it's 59.99 - $10 coupon - $10 20% - $5 deposit. So 34.99

Hey guys, I know it is offtopic, but I can't get the day zero edition DLC to show up on my ps4 COD. I download and everything, but when I go to check the weapon and exo, there is nothing there. anyone having the same issue?

Hey guys, I know it is offtopic, but I can't get the day zero edition DLC to show up on my ps4 COD. I download and everything, but when I go to check the weapon and exo, there is nothing there. anyone having the same issue?
the game technically hasn't released yet

Wait till tomorrow

I thought that those Destiny skins were for Amazon preorders only. Now I'm kinda bent that I haven't received anything from BBY. Could someone let me know the subject line from their email? Or was it listed anywhere on BBY's website (I don't remember ever seeing it there)? I'm wondering if I should take this to the forums to get a code sent to me.

I thought you couldnt price adjust DOTD prices anyway?  I definitely tried that before and got shot down by multiple reps.

On-topic, anyone know of any specific in-store preorder bonuses for Halo MCC?  Wondering if I should do a store preorder or online.  

I thought you couldnt price adjust DOTD prices anyway? I definitely tried that before and got shot down by multiple reps.

On-topic, anyone know of any specific in-store preorder bonuses for Halo MCC? Wondering if I should do a store preorder or online.
There's a physical ring binder of multiplayer maps and a code for a skull that makes grunts explode when you kill them.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/Halo/pcmcat281900050003.c?id=pcmcat281900050003&pageType=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchterm=master%20chief%20collection

Sigh, I need to go back to BB as they did not add in the $5 I had put down. I even handed the CSR the receipt to scan. Wondering how this will affect my $10 pre order reward certificate when this is all adjusted.
Is it seriously not automatic?

How do I ensure the deposit is taken off correctly without any fuss? ...getting it tomorrow. Don't want to deal with unnecessary crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back