Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if you get the pre-order promotions of $10 reward points for only pre-ordering online and then picking it up in store, or do you get it if you pre-order online and have it shipped to you?

Does anyone know if you get the pre-order promotions of $10 reward points for only pre-ordering online and then picking it up in store, or do you get it if you pre-order online and have it shipped to you?
I preorder online and pick up every game in store and always get my points

So today was my first time using GCU thanks to the phone promo. I picked up AW but an thinking it didnt go through right. I also had done the trade in blops 2 get a $15 GC + $10 coupon towards AW promo. It layed out like this:
- 10 (preorder GCU bonus)
- 10 (blops 2 coupon)
- 15 (blops 2 GC)
= 25 + tax

I never got the 20% discount. Does it not stack with the trade in coupon maybe?

I've had several online pre-orders that have been messed up. I can recall this has happened on three different occasions at three different stores. Best Buy can be clueless sometimes...
Then it's the store I went to then. I guess they only know how to handle online preorder. I'm glad though, at least I know I can count on the online preorder not to mess up somehow.

So today was my first time using GCU thanks to the phone promo. I picked up AW but an thinking it didnt go through right. I also had done the trade in blops 2 get a $15 GC + $10 coupon towards AW promo. It layed out like this:
- 10 (preorder GCU bonus)
- 10 (blops 2 coupon)
- 15 (blops 2 GC)
= 25 + tax

I never got the 20% discount. Does it not stack with the trade in coupon maybe?
You don't get the $10 preorder bonus on the spot. You get them as reward points about 7 days later. When they ring it up, you should see your game drop to $48. So 48-10-15=23+tax. Not sure how you got $25+tax though.

Does anyone know if the sso bundle actually qualified for the $10 rewards certs or if it was just the game?  It was advertised on the bundle page when i preordered it

Does anyone know if the sso bundle actually qualified for the $10 rewards certs or if it was just the game?  It was advertised on the bundle page when i preordered it

Well, IGN did a poll of 4,800 people asking questions about Call of Duty.

50% said they werent going to the midnight release, 45% said they werent because they bought the day zero ( im not sure what that means) and 5% said yes.

59% said they were buying physical and 24% said digital.

You don't get the $10 preorder bonus on the spot. You get them as reward points about 7 days later. When they ring it up, you should see your game drop to $48. So 48-10-15=23+tax. Not sure how you got $25+tax though.
Thanks. Yea my fault for not reading the fine print enough i see you receive in reward certs now. I think it was the fact the the 20% discount worked out to exactly $10 in this case that confused me

Is it normal for the 500 bonus points to not show up on the same transaction as my game purchase? I just picked up my first two preorders with GCU and only see points for the transaction, no 500 bonus points. Just called Best Buy and they don't really know what's going on. I'm hoping they'll show up a week or two later.

Is it normal for the 500 bonus points to not show up on the same transaction as my game purchase? I just picked up my first two preorders with GCU and only see points for the transaction, no 500 bonus points. Just called Best Buy and they don't really know what's going on. I'm hoping they'll show up a week or two later.
The 500 points show up on that same transaction after some time. You just picked it up, give it some time.

Yes, give it 15 days.

The 500 points show up on that same transaction after some time. You just picked it up, give it some time.
Yes, give it 15 days.
Thanks! Got a bit confused because the cashier told me I could either get the game for $48 or the $10 cert, not both. She then said she was mistaken though, but said I should buy online because it doesn't work in-store. I think she was clueless.

Only a couple more days but it is looking like FIFA 15 is going to be the first BB game in YEARS that I haven't been able to post price adjust.  It was an incredible streak.

Damn it--didn't even notice it till I got home and opened it. It's the same thing they were doing for in-store pick up orders for FIFA, Madden, and NHL--giving Ultimate Team versions with regular and etc.
The employee at my store grabbed both and let me pick which one I wanted because she wasn't sure.

aww no LBP3... looks like i'll stick to amazon so far.

Also i'm surprised Target has a bonus offering but not walmart

Pretty sure the only releases after the 18th are Smash(which is in the same week) and The Crew(which originally was supposed to drop 11/11). There is already titles added for early next year. Dying Light, Evolve, The Witcher, and Battlefield. Also Batman comes out in June.

I'd like to see BloodBorne and The Order both added but I doubt it'll happen.

Weird that the COD page still mentions the $10 deal.

SSO pending with my exchange. Nice.

My COD arrived on day one. HOWEVER, I sent it to a house 2 and a half hours away by mistake. -_- However, I got the people in said house to send it to me, so I should have it by Thursday. (The same day Pokemon Puzzle Challenge releases on the 3DS Virtual Console.) It's going to be a very busy day for me.

I'm talking about just adding more games in general. Especially for next yr. the remaining games were suppose to release this yr and was never intended as promos for next yr.
I don't think halo 5 was ever suppose to be this year

Edit: after doing a Google search I read that the bonus use to be $20!!! What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back