Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:

So I'm on the phone inquiring as to why my victory is rewarded points are not present in my history for COD: AW and I was told that since I preordered both the Xbox one version and the PS4 version on the same receipt I am only entitled to one Bonus of 500 as it is only one preorder. WTF.
Read the OP. SMH

so i was just looking at my receipt after picking up COD.

I put down a $10 deposit last week for the preorder bonus.

By the look of the receipt, the $10 deposit didnt take off of the original price...shows the Gamers Unlocked discount and my $5 certificate.

Are they supposed to press something else to apply my deposit?

It is absolutely unbelievable how many people come to this thread and post the same thing every time a game releases. Apparently no one reads the OP. Maybe we should have it put in the Thread Title.

Really people, worst case after 15 days if you still don't receive it, contact CS and they will post the points to your account.

It is absolutely unbelievable how many people come to this thread and post the same thing every time a game releases. Apparently no one reads the OP. Maybe we should have it put in the Thread Title.

Really people, worst case after 15 days if you still don't receive it, contact CS and they will post the points to your account.
People are dumb, just don't answer the questions that could have been answered by OP and maybe they'll learn....eventually

People are dumb, just don't answer the questions that could have been answered by OP and maybe they'll learn....eventually
Except for the fact that best buy CS is full of down syndrome morons.

And calling people dumb on the Internet hurts so bad.

Quoting for more exposure.

I placed an online order for halo MCC with express delivery, says it should come nov 10th which is kinda weird (day early).  thought about going in store instead since then you can use a movers coupon, but I don't have much confidence in them not fucking up and having the wrong number of map books or something else go wrong.  

Funny thing is I have another copy I'll be picking up at microsoft store, so i'll have two copies.  Either sell one to my friend at cost or just trade it in.

That pretty much wraps up the $10 bonus preorders for me, the only ones I haven't preordered yet are Witcher 3, Halo 5, Evolve (ugh), Dying Light, and Hardline.  Gonna wait closer to release to see if any BB deals pop up on those.

I'm going to miss GCU, with the massive influx of members this week I am pretty sure next year we will see the program get shredded, probably 20% change to 10% and the $10 preorder bonuses gone.  I have no official news on it, just a guess based on ... a company has to make money.

Is this normal? I get this everytime I try to checkout w/ Assassins Creed and/or Halo MCC.

OSFUfq9.png
Yea that mean store pickup is sold out, so you would have to do shipping.

edit- after the second pic, it might be something else. I usually get that when my store won't let me do do sp and I can only get shipping to work

and it happened again for the 11/18 games! I've never seen this problem before. The worst part is that it empties your cart so you have to go back and re-add everything again :(

2X3hQgI.png

all this talk about halo mcc, it seems like people are only getting an xbox one for that game. i know  i am going to get flamed for this, but having owned an xbox 360 for a year . halo is the most overrated franchise on the xbox, nothing about it appeals to me, not the gameplay, not the story.

all this talk about halo mcc, it seems like people are only getting an xbox one for that game. i know i am going to get flamed for this, but having owned an xbox 360 for a year . halo is the most overrated franchise on the xbox, nothing about it appeals to me, not the gameplay, not the story.
I've owned a Xbox, 360, and now a One... I've never cared for any of the Halo games either. Flame on.

I placed an online order for halo MCC with express delivery, says it should come nov 10th which is kinda weird (day early). thought about going in store instead since then you can use a movers coupon, but I don't have much confidence in them not fucking up and having the wrong number of map books or something else go wrong.

Funny thing is I have another copy I'll be picking up at microsoft store, so i'll have two copies. Either sell one to my friend at cost or just trade it in.

That pretty much wraps up the $10 bonus preorders for me, the only ones I haven't preordered yet are Witcher 3, Halo 5, Evolve (ugh), Dying Light, and Hardline. Gonna wait closer to release to see if any BB deals pop up on those.

I'm going to miss GCU, with the massive influx of members this week I am pretty sure next year we will see the program get shredded, probably 20% change to 10% and the $10 preorder bonuses gone. I have no official news on it, just a guess based on ... a company has to make money.
They could probably do away with the $10 preorder bonuses, but they'll still have to compete with GS, AMZ, Target, Walmart, ect on preorders. Really don't think they can change the program from 20% to 10% - that would cause a pretty big backlash. Getting you for GCU is them trying to get you to buy other things at BB too - accessories, cables, TVs, ect.

Hoping I get my $10 Rewards credit for Sunset Overdrive in time to put towards Halo MCC but it's about 14 day difference... Guess I could just preorder and pick it up a day or two late.

Except for the fact that best buy CS is full of down syndrome morons.

And calling people dumb on the Internet hurts so bad.
Except majority of the people who contacted BBY CS shouldn't have contacted them in the first place if they only read the OP :wall:

and not even going to touch on the second comment.

so i was just looking at my receipt after picking up COD.

I put down a $10 deposit last week for the preorder bonus.

By the look of the receipt, the $10 deposit didnt take off of the original price...shows the Gamers Unlocked discount and my $5 certificate.

Are they supposed to press something else to apply my deposit?
i have the same problem, you have to go in store and get your money back. the mods on the unboxed forums said that is the only way. ive done the math 40 times, but its really pretty simple, problem is it shows the $5 preorder deposit right on the receipt. this is my first time preordering in store and last since i know this will be a pain in the ass just for 5 dollars. my receipt breaks down like this, I ended up paying $21.xx, i "saved" $40 with the $10 trade up coupon, $10 off for GCU, and a $20 reward certficate. that made my total $19.99 plus a buck and some change in tax, nowhere did the $5 get taken off.

thanks - will take it back up there...it shows it on the receipt under the game that I had a preorder deposit of $10 - however it was not taken off the balance 

Been having issues with Best Buy lately and hope to avoid another. Apologies if this has been asked before. I see GTA V listed as an eligible game in the OP but Best Buy's website neglects to mention its eligibility. Is it no longer eligible? 

Been having issues with Best Buy lately and hope to avoid another. Apologies if this has been asked before. I see GTA V listed as an eligible game in the OP but Best Buy's website neglects to mention its eligibility. Is it no longer eligible?
click the link in the first sentence of the op then as you can still it is listed on the website still

No he is right, its still listed on the $10 list page but when you click through or search its not there for the PS4/xbone editions.  When you click through on Far Cry 4 its there, both for the header page for FC4 and for each individual game (under Special Offers).  

Very weird, I pre-ordered it as well and its probably just something related to the PS3/360 versions being sold but I'd keep a careful eye, screenshot the listing page so you can prove it was available, and follow up with BB customer service if your points aren't posted after 15 days.  Good catch, i'll keep an eye on my order as well.

I got a situation i need to fixed with my AC:Unity CE Pre-order but not sure which part of the Best Buy Forum to post in so can someone tell me the exact area of the forum would be best to post in for the following situation:

I pre-ordered it 9/15 but had to call 10/21 to change payment well the guy was stupid and kept putting me on hold trying to figure out how to change the payment and then when he finally did it charged me a higher price then i original paid and told me to call back in when the item ship which it did this morning for the adjustment down to the price i originally paid and that he made notes of it. Well i tried calling 3 times and keep getting disconnected or incomplete transfers and etc so i rather do it on the forum if possible. 

Just place a new preorder and once that is confirmed, cancel your old one.
I can't I paid only $65 for the CE from a price match but when I changed payment the guy was new and didn't know how to change it and finally when he did it reverted back to regular price that why he made notes and told me to contact back once the item ships. I would of made a new order then and had them adjust it then but it been sold out for awhile

Oh yeah I forgot about that Dell glitch. In that case, since the price changed and there is nothing to PM against anymore, you'll just have to wait for it to ship and request CS to refer to the notes.

My copy of Unity shipped yesterday, along with the book from Halo, but Halo still hasn't shipped. What's everyone else's shipping situation? Also I received the base points for Unity already, but still haven't received them for COD.

My copy of Unity shipped yesterday, along with the book from Halo, but Halo still hasn't shipped. What's everyone else's shipping situation? Also I received the base points for Unity already, but still haven't received them for COD.
My Unity CE hasn't shipped yet, but I already received the pistol preorder bonus in my email.

Completely opposite here, my MCC shipped yesterday and no PS4 Unity yet and I'm far more excited for Unity than MCC, guess thems the breaks. heh

My Unity CE hasn't shipped yet, but I already received the pistol preorder bonus in my email.
my Unity CE shipped yesterday with a delivery date of monday and my halo MCC Shipped yesterday also with a delivery date of tuesday. But the book hasnt shipped yet.

Anyone else not even have a pending for Cod AW yet?

i spent like $130 because i did the $30 GCU/Season pass and picked up cow aw preorder at midnight. Almost a week since that was sunady night and I don't even have a pending for it which is starting to piss me off because thats like $10 preorder reward,plus double 130 is 260 points so thats automatic $5.

Only reason I'm worried is because i did two orders during the week and they popped up after a day. Plus Sunset Overdrive showed pending a day later even though the victory didnt' for 5 days but thats normal. It's the pending that is scaring me for cow aw.

i spent like $130 because i did the $30 GCU/Season pass and picked up cow aw preorder at midnight. Almost a week since that was sunady night and I don't even have a pending for it which is starting to piss me off because thats like $10 preorder reward,plus double 130 is 260 points so thats automatic $5.

Only reason I'm worried is because i did two orders during the week and they popped up after a day. Plus Sunset Overdrive showed pending a day later even though the victory didnt' for 5 days but thats normal. It's the pending that is scaring me for cow aw.
I'm having the same problem. It's not in my purchase history or nothing. I tried it with report missing points and it said it was already added to an account. I'm going to give it the 15 days from release date and then call them if the points don't show up by then I guess. My order was an on line order with in store pick up.
Weird though because my Halo MCC with shipping already showed up as pending. I was really hoping the points for both games will clear before black Friday though.

Same here. All we can do is wait :(

wish they would add the crew to the list, wasnt sure about it but after playing the beta it feels like what sony was telling us driveclub would be. a real social aspect that bounces back and forth between coop and competition.

Just put my $10 in BB fun bucks from Call of Duty towards GTAV for PS4. 

While ordering, I noticed there was only an "express" shipping option. And on the confirmation page it says "get it by November 18".

Is release date delivery a new thing? I swear when I pre-ordered Advanced Warfare back in early October, it had the same old standard free option along with the faster paid shipping options. I chose free that time but it still got here on release day.

While ordering, I noticed there was only an "express" shipping option. And on the confirmation page it says "get it by November 18".

Is release date delivery a new thing? I swear when I pre-ordered Advanced Warfare back in early October, it had the same old standard free option along with the faster paid shipping options. I chose free that time but it still got here on release day.
I noticed that when preordering MCC this week as well. Are you Elite?

I noticed that when preordering MCC this week as well. Are you Elite?
all pre-orders (at least during the holidays) are going to be express delivery option for free as long as the orders were placed more then a few days before release date. If you pre-order close to release date the delivery date will be after release date and will be reflected during checkout. Also All previously placed pre-orders will be upgraded to the express delivery method for free as well during this time period.

Did anyone have issues getting their 10$ rewards points?

I got 10$ for sunset overdrive no problem

Never got 10$ for COD though

Did anyone have issues getting their 10$ rewards points?

I got 10$ for sunset overdrive no problem

Never got 10$ for COD though
It hasnt even been a week snce release...

for the 100 millionth time, it usually takes 15-20 days. Wait that long before starting to spaz out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back