Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
just preordered the halo collection and assassin's creed unity. Prob just gonna burn threw unity and flip it for farcry 4. 

Looking at the games that give you a 10 dollar reward certs, I see Shadow of Mordor is still on that list. Is that an error or are they still giving a ten dollar cert when purchasing?

Well that's odd.

I got the points for my Unity AND Advanced Warfare purchases but not the $10 pre-order bonus points.

Usually I get all the points at the same time.

Well that's odd.

I got the points for my Unity AND Advanced Warfare purchases but not the $10 pre-order bonus points.

Looks like they screwed up somewhere, you're never getting the points. Call in now.

just preordered the halo collection and assassin's creed unity. Prob just gonna burn threw unity and flip it for farcry 4.

Looking at the games that give you a 10 dollar reward certs, I see Shadow of Mordor is still on that list. Is that an error or are they still giving a ten dollar cert when purchasing?
it showing that for the Xbox 360 & ps3 versions only since they haven't released yet

Pre-ordered FC4 with my trade in credit from The Evil Within. Im still undecide if I want to go digital on GTAV. :whistle2:k

Well that's odd.

Dont worry, the bonus points will be added in a few days even though the purchase has already cleared. Its happened to me many times before.

Pre-ordered FC4 with my trade in credit from The Evil Within. Im still undecide if I want to go digital on GTAV. :whistle2:k

Dont worry, the bonus points will be added in a few days even though the purchase has already cleared. Its happened to me many times before.
Usually they are all added at once.

Same problem, there is nothing on my transaction history about buying the cod aw. Weird
If it hasn't been 15 days, it's not weird.

This thread is just sad. I do think the turn around time is too slow, but the certs show up like clockwork every time. It's hilarious, yet very annoying going through the same thing every time one of these $10 games gets released.

If it hasn't been 15 days, it's not weird.
This thread is just sad. I do think the turn around time is too slow, but the certs show up like clockwork every time. It's hilarious, yet very annoying going through the same thing every time one of these $10 games gets released.
Actually what people are talking about isn't the $10 bonus cert. It's the transaction at all saying they bought the game. It's happening to multiple people and it's all COD. For instance I preordered COD and picked it up at release, and bought a second copy at launch. The second copy was also a second transaction. On Friday my preorder for AC Unity shipped and that transaction has already cleared in my account.

[attachment=9868:image.jpg]

So the two purchases I made on Sunday aren't showing up, but the transaction I made 5 days later has showed up. And has even cleared.

I'm not waiting for the points or Cert at all so I'm not too worried about it. As long as it gets fixed after the 15 days. But if someone was waiting for points/cert to clear to purchase a game, I'd be pissed!

Anyone else randomly get an email that their AC:Unity preorder has a new release date?

Is this just a super delayed email, for those that might have preordered when it was still scheduled for October? And they just decided to send it to everyone. Even if that's the case though...it's pretty odd that they'd send me that email on Nov 7 lol. 

hmmm, my COD points are pending now. kind of surprising as they screwed up the preorder card and i had to go back to get my $5 back and the only way they could do it was with a return/rebuy. i thought for sure id have to call them after the 15 days was up to get them. for that one game i have 3 transactions showing in my history (pre order, actual purchase, adjustment)

hmmm, my COD points are pending now. kind of surprising as they screwed up the preorder card and i had to go back to get my $5 back and the only way they could do it was with a return/rebuy. i thought for sure id have to call them after the 15 days was up to get them. for that one game i have 3 transactions showing in my history (pre order, actual purchase, adjustment)
Lucky...I think I'm going to have a problem with my points, but I'm just going to let time run its course (hopefully they show up so i don't have to deal with CS)

Actually what people are talking about isn't the $10 bonus cert. It's the transaction at all saying they bought the game. It's happening to multiple people and it's all COD. For instance I preordered COD and picked it up at release, and bought a second copy at launch. The second copy was also a second transaction. On Friday my preorder for AC Unity shipped and that transaction has already cleared in my account.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

So the two purchases I made on Sunday aren't showing up, but the transaction I made 5 days later has showed up. And has even cleared.

I'm not waiting for the points or Cert at all so I'm not too worried about it. As long as it gets fixed after the 15 days. But if someone was waiting for points/cert to clear to purchase a game, I'd be pissed!
Well for Unity, I had to go back to the day I ordered it and there is where the points were.

Oh, I fully understand the 15days... but usually i get ALL the points in 15days (Game + Preorder), not just a portion right away and the rest later.

Though with a couple other pre-order games, I got the bonus within a couple days of release (Destiny)

E-Rewards?
I just got an email from Best Buy to join their E-Reward program?

What is that about?
Is it trustworthy?
it's trustworthy (they used to be a fun source of easy gamestop gift cards). they've gotten waaay stingier with their survey/reward values so unless you're swimming in valueless personal time or you can do surveys at work, you probably won't get much out of it.

all pre-orders (at least during the holidays) are going to be express delivery option for free as long as the orders were placed more then a few days before release date. If you pre-order close to release date the delivery date will be after release date and will be reflected during checkout. Also All previously placed pre-orders will be upgraded to the express delivery method for free as well during this time period.
Anyone notice pre orders are getting free express shipping now? Is this something new or just for the holidays?

I think it's to make sure you get it ON release as if you were picking it up in store, the only way to guranteevis with express shipping , so they send it usually 2 day air , which is the economy of express (as opposed to next day" saver" or "overnight express")

Otherwise everyone would complain about what's the point of preordering if you don't get it on release day, no one would preorder online and BBY.com doesn't wanna lose sales to B&M

(Ps this is my guess, but It sounds convincing right ? Lol)

It hasnt even been a week snce release...

for the 100 millionth time, it usually takes 15-20 days. Wait that long before starting to spaz out.
Yes but when I bought sunset overdrive it shows the 500 points as bending under my account info

(while I dont have the 10$ usable its pending)

for COD I dont.

I think it's to make sure you get it ON release as if you were picking it up in store, the only way to guranteevis with express shipping , so they send it usually 2 day air , which is the economy of express (as opposed to next day" saver" or "overnight express")
Otherwise everyone would complain about what's the point of preordering if you don't get it on release day, no one would preorder online and BBY.com doesn't wanna lose sales to B&M
(Ps this is my guess, but It sounds convincing right ? Lol)
I've been extremely lucky with BB shipping in the past. My Halo still hasn't shipped though, which I find odd. But I could still receive it on Tuesday. The SunSet Can Cooler shipped on a Monday and I received it the next day. AC Unity and Halo Map Book both shipped Friday and are scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. For everyone that is getting Halo shipped, where's it coming from?

I'm GCU and pre-ordered COD:AW Day 0 edition last friday for PS4 and I picked up the game on Monday. The transactions are all showing up in my best buy rewards history but no $10 bonus points pending as of yet. What's up? I know it takes 14-15 days to post but wouldn't it show up as pending at least within a few days after pick-up?

I'm GCU and pre-ordered COD:AW Day 0 edition last friday for PS4 and I picked up the game on Monday. The transactions are all showing up in my best buy rewards history but no $10 bonus points pending as of yet. What's up? I know it takes 14-15 days to post but wouldn't it show up as pending at least within a few days after pick-up?
Not necessarily. Give it more time.

My AW purchase isnt even on my account. Not sure whats up with that.

Also, anyone know wht it shows 0 points for an xbox one SSO console?

it says the total was 0 dollars, whats up with that 

Did you pay with gift cards?
I payed with gift card from my xbox trade in and then the rest my credit card. I guess that makes sense. I thought you still get some base points if you do 6 month financing just not the bonus ones.

Also does using a gift card affect the 10 dollar promo for a game?

E-Rewards?
I just got an email from Best Buy to join their E-Reward program?
What is that about?
Is it trustworthy?
Yep, totally legit. I've made lotsa giftcards for gamestop back in the day. I stopped doing the surveys because i stopped going to gamestop. But since theve added best buy so i might start up again.

From e-rewards, You can get invited to other surveys outside of the erewards program. For example I did a Domino's Pizza survey over a years time for about $110 in amazon gift cards when it was all said and done.

I payed with gift card from my xbox trade in and then the rest my credit card. I guess that makes sense. I thought you still get some base points if you do 6 month financing just not the bonus ones.

According to the BBY forums, the only thing affected is the base points for purchase. The $10 preorder promo should be unaffected by how you pay.

I don't know about the CC but using a gift card won't affect the promo.

According to the BBY forums, the only thing affected is the base points for purchase. The $10 preorder promo should be unaffected by how you pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back