Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah just depends on what kind of cashier you get.  first be sure to have the page loaded on your phone so they can see it, since they can't access the web on their terminals.  second i'd go for a younger cashier, the older ones tend to ask for a manager for anything out of the ordinary.  lastly don't turn into an asshole if you get denied, just say you'll order it online if they deny you.

Personally I usually avoid all those kind of deals since the website clearly says Final Price $39.99 after rebate, I want to always stay under the radar of the manager, there is always a way better deal down the road so I'd rather just stay anonymous and quiet.  Plus the TD one is for just the black one, if I want a second xbone controller I'm definitely waiting for a good deal on the camo or midnight blue one.

Has anyone's Halo:MCC ship yet? Thought I had the express shipping option picked, hope it comes on release date or a day after.
Mine hasn't yet, but I'm not worried. My AC Unity preorder shipped Friday, along with the Halo Bonus Book. I've received a few packages the day after they are shipped. This all just depends on where you live. Seems there is a shipping center about 3 hours from me, so I believe that's why I received it in a day.

With the problems most people are having with COD showing under the Purchase History, how long should you wait to call? I know it's 15+ days on the bonus Certs but this is just a standard purchase with standard points. Considering I actually picked up and paid for my copies on Sunday, it has already been 8 days.

With the problems most people are having with COD showing under the Purchase History, how long should you wait to call? I know it's 15+ days on the bonus Certs but this is just a standard purchase with standard points. Considering I actually picked up and paid for my copies on Sunday, it has already been 8 days.
15 days. Im pretty sure I heard its even been changed to 20. But all purchase and bonus points are 15-20 days.

Has anyone's Halo:MCC ship yet? Thought I had the express shipping option picked, hope it comes on release date or a day after.
Mine shipped Saturday or yesterday, with the map book shipping first.

I had my $10 for SSO hit my account yesterday, so that was about 10-11 days from date of purchase. I guess the one for COD: AW should hit next week in about the same timeframe.

Anyone work at BB and know what they are handing out for midnight Halo tonight?

My closest isn't doing it and want to see if it is worth it or not.  Thanks!

Just got my COD $10...  only have GTA $10 left and then I am done for now...  $60 worth of certs for nearly nothing out of pocket! :) pretty nice!

Hey! If I preorder now, do I still get the $10 reward or is there a cutoff date? (I am signed up online and have GCUnlocked and stuff)

Thank you!

yeah just depends on what kind of cashier you get. first be sure to have the page loaded on your phone so they can see it, since they can't access the web on their terminals. second i'd go for a younger cashier, the older ones tend to ask for a manager for anything out of the ordinary. lastly don't turn into an asshole if you get denied, just say you'll order it online if they deny you.

Personally I usually avoid all those kind of deals since the website clearly says Final Price $39.99 after rebate, I want to always stay under the radar of the manager, there is always a way better deal down the road so I'd rather just stay anonymous and quiet. Plus the TD one is for just the black one, if I want a second xbone controller I'm definitely waiting for a good deal on the camo or midnight blue one.
Yea. I got to go by there tonight for Halo so I may try to price match it. I'd rather have a blue, camo or white one but those are even higher prices for whatever reason (well, except white hasn't released stand alone)

So I know that if I pre-order 2 copies of Halo, I won't get 2 $10 certs. However, will each pre-order get its own set of codes for the bonus content? I mean, I'd assume so, but I never trust simple logic to apply to retail.

I have one part of my Best Buy Halo ordering arriving today and another tomorrow, I assume its the map pack and game.  If you want two copies of Halo you can also try buying at the Microsoft store, they are having a midnight release and you get $10 xbox live credit for preordering (not quiet as good as $12 GCU) but you also get some extra shit for picking up at midnight like a t-shirt, a halo car license frame (LOL!) and probably extra swag, free food, maybe a nice hug from a cortana model.... mmmm...

funny thing is I never even planned to play the game but all the xbox one deals got me to buy one last week.

[quote name="Gedemer" post="12226576" timestamp="1415637246"]My Halo:MCC says Ready to Pickup

and got a text this morning telling me to come get it[/quote]
Last week I got Maleficent on Blu-ray via .com in store pick up on Monday when it released on Tuesday. They system shouldn't stop you just the person seeing what it is.

Still waiting for my sunset points to clearm it will put me at exact 750, plus a gift card refund. Hoping both go through tomorrow but most likely by thurs.

I have one part of my Best Buy Halo ordering arriving today and another tomorrow, I assume its the map pack and game. If you want two copies of Halo you can also try buying at the Microsoft store, they are having a midnight release and you get $10 xbox live credit for preordering (not quiet as good as $12 GCU) but you also get some extra shit for picking up at midnight like a t-shirt, a halo car license frame (LOL!) and probably extra swag, free food, maybe a nice hug from a cortana model.... mmmm...

funny thing is I never even planned to play the game but all the xbox one deals got me to buy one last week.
Yeah, it sucks that the closest MS Store is 90 minutes away, I'd eat a lot more than $10 in gas getting there, haha.

Luckily, I should have a solid well of points to dip into for Super Smash Bros. I have my certs from SO, CoD, and Halo, plus points from my brother-in-law's trade-in of his 360, along with his purchase of a CoD One. I should have something near 1600-1800 in rewards points, which would be sweet.

Anybody know what free swag BB is giving out for the Halo launch? If any?
I'm wondering this as well, my store is doing midnight just wondering if it would be worth it or just wait and go during the day,I also have AC Unity to pick up

Last week I got Maleficent on Blu-ray via .com in store pick up on Monday when it released on Tuesday. They system shouldn't stop you just the person seeing what it is.
Yes it should. It has the pick up date in the system when they go to access your order.

I think stores are really doing the midnight for AC then Halo. It's just that the release dates are the same so they encouraging you to pick up both at the same time.

Still no points pending for my COD purchase, I noticed on the receipt it said for the ps3 version and I took an xbox one version home, probably a mistake on their end. Anyho hopefully the points show up soon

My local stores aren't doing the midnight launch. I don't blame them. One of the reps I'm close with at my nearest Best Buy told me they got burned for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Madden NFL 15 and Sunset Overdrive midnight launches because no one really came. Not surprising because everyone probably went digital but I would expect different with a Halo release but oh, well. I got the "Your order is ready for pick up" for tomorrow. So I'll just ride pass my Best Buy after work tonight to double check if there is anyone waiting outside and then head home and just wake up tomorrow and pick it up.

Hey guys, what do I do if I did not recieve my 10 dollar cert for pre-ordering and picking up COD:AW? I pre-ordered it, as my purchase history also shows on another transaction.

Under purchase history, it shows this as pending:

Total points for this transaction
Best Buy Purchase 47
My Best Buy Gamers Club Everyday Bonus Point Promo 47

MY BEST BUY
SKU: 1532784
Quantity: 1

$0.00
UNLOCKED GAME DISCOUNT
SKU: 3346036

$0.00
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Day Zero Edition - Xbox One
SKU: 6389151

$47.99

Subtotal:
$47.99
Sales Tax:
(Sales tax not included in point calculation)

$3.12
Total:
$51.11

Hey guys, what do I do if I did not recieve my 10 dollar cert or points for pre-ordering and picking up COD:AW? It's not even showing up under my purchase history on BestBuy.com and purchases after COD are showing up as pending.
Well, you can try and add it as a missing transaction on the site.

Hey guys, what do I do if I did not recieve my 10 dollar cert for pre-ordering and picking up COD:AW? I pre-ordered it, as my purchase history also shows on another transaction.
just go into any best buy, punch someone in a blue shirt, and when they yell OW just scream BITCH WHERES MY MONEY

or wait 15 days like everyone says here every single page

Best Buy Purchase 47

MY BEST BUY
$0.00

UNLOCKED GAME DISCOUNT
$0.00

$47.99

Subtotal:
$47.99
Sales Tax:
$3.12
Total:
$51.11
smh wait 15 to 20 days. That how long it can take for the bonus points to show up like it is every single time

Alright whatever. It's never done this before for any other game I've pre-ordered. The 500 points have ALWAYS showed up under pending as it currently is for my pre-order and purchase of Sunset Overdrive.
Yeah thats fine but wait 15 days. It happens all the time to many different people and 99% of the time they get their points posted within 15 days.

My purchase of COD showed as pending but the bonus points didn't appear till a few days after.

Once the points actually post (which would be 15 days) and the bonus still isn't there then personally id call but it can take up to 20 days.

Alright whatever. It's never done this before for any other game I've pre-ordered. The 500 points have ALWAYS showed up under pending as it currently is for my pre-order and purchase of Sunset Overdrive.
it not the same every time sometime it can come earlier then usual and sometime later especially since best buy redid there computer systems but it always Come in 15 to 20 days. Just take patient and even if you contact a best buy rep they will tell you the same thing that they can't help you until that time passes first.

Best Buy Purchase 47

MY BEST BUY
$0.00

UNLOCKED GAME DISCOUNT
$0.00

$47.99

Subtotal:
$47.99
Sales Tax:
$3.12
Total:
$51.11
I think it meant it like this? Like the points are not pending, like this?[attachment=9916:traviscox09_d87bfde0-6188-45a1-b04d-b43a4f0a6fc8.jpg]

My COD purchases finally showed up and are pending. Unity and the Halo Book will be delivered tomorrow, but Halo still hasn't shipped. It has said preparing since Thursday, weird.

Some questions:

Anyone give some insight on what Evolve is? I watched gameplay videos and it didn't really look like my thing.

Is Arkham Knight supposed to just be more of the same? I thought Arkham Origins was abysmal. Just a major step down. Kinda getting bored of the same format every entry. Is Arkham Knight supposed to shake things up or is it just the same with better graphics?

Some questions:

Anyone give some insight on what Evolve is? I watched gameplay videos and it didn't really look like my thing.

Is Arkham Knight supposed to just be more of the same? I thought Arkham Origins was abysmal. Just a major step down. Kinda getting bored of the same format every entry. Is Arkham Knight supposed to shake things up or is it just the same with better graphics?
Have you played L4D? Evolve is the same studio that did L4D and has a lot of similarities but is a sci-fi monster hunt instead. The alpha was cool but hopefully there's more to it than was shown.

AK hasn't had a lot shown yet but it's the original studio where another one did AO to give them more time to work on AK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back