Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I got credit on my COD AW Bundle. At the moment i doesn't appear that i got the $10 cert for it yet.  Now it was nice to see that i got the 10% in bonus points for using my BB card back in Sep when the bonus was going on and it gave me credit for it. I am looking at having around 2600 bonus points once the $10 cert is added. 

Another odd thing i noticed is on my 2nd acct i have, I had the phone # the same as my main account but i haven't even used this account yet. I noticed about a week ago i got a email for my other account saying i reached Elite status and haven't even purchased anything on it yet.  I am wondering if my phone # being tied to both accounts had something to do with it.

As expected still no point cleared for SSO. Which means if I wait until Weds. I probably won't get these points posted until at least BF. SMH

Looks like I got credit on my COD AW Bundle. At the moment i doesn't appear that i got the $10 cert for it yet. Now it was nice to see that i got the 10% in bonus points for using my BB card back in Sep when the bonus was going on and it gave me credit for it. I am looking at having around 2600 bonus points once the $10 cert is added.
After all the Certs & points post for my preorders next week, I should have around 5860($115). Hopefully they clear by the time the BF sales start, it'd be super cool.

Any chance I'll get the $10 gift card if I buy today? I feel like I've read about people still getting the card on day one purchases but I'm not sure.

I really hate waiting 15 days for the $10 in bonus points. And 15 days for the double points to even post. And 15 days for the 25 points for reviewing an item. I'd like to use $10 off for GTA or Dragon Age or toward Black Friday deals. I should have 1500+ points except for the waiting period.

Neither my AC: Unity or Halo: MCC has shipped yet...and I chose the express shipping option. Why is it taking so long to get an update?
I'm in the same boat, I placed my preorder for Halo: MCC on 11/6 with Express Shipping since the the closest stores to me were apparently OOS for in-store pickup preorders.

By the way, this is what I got from Best Buy: http://1drv.ms/1u4pTPl

Multiplayer Map book (which the guy tried to say I didn't get, even though that was the only of those items actually named as a pre-order bonus)

Black Stress Ball

Plastic Master Chief mask

Weird self-collapsing Halo tote (the testicle on the left side of the bag is what it folds into)

The book's a little disappointing because while it has a lot of content, it's some low-quality paper that will ruin really easily.

Also, I have the worst MFing luck with pre-orders. I didn't have my slip because I made the pre-order with SO and CoD, and the guy (I don't think) didn't give me the slip back after I picked up SO. That wasn't a problem with CoD, as the guy just looked up the pre-order on my phone number. However, this guy tried to look it up on two e-mail accounts (not even sure where the second address came from), and he couldn't find it. So, he had to find it through the SO pre-order transaction or something. He did the checkout stuff, and--AS ALWAYS--it didn't apply my GCU, which I pointed out. So, he then had to cancel the transaction and do it again. Seriously, the other line checked out 5 or 6 people before I got done, I think.

What's worse is that this is pretty standard for me with picking up a pre-order. I had similar problems with Madden, Sunset Overdrive, and Call of Duty. I should just give it up.

Just picked up Halo MCC and ACU. OMG where are my $10 reward certs????!?!?!? Why haven't they posted yet???!?!?! F Best Buy!!!

/sarcasm.

But really, I can't wait for the next few pages to be people complaining they haven't gotten their points prior to 15 days.

Got my Halo book but no game. Sent separate?
I was gonna have master chief shipped to me but then I thought to myself watch the map book arrive release day and no game . I opted for store pick up even though it's 40 mintues to my closest bestbuy just for that reason .

I just got an email from Best Buy with an Xbox Live code that says "Thank you for your recent digital product purchase of X1 - Halo Master Chief Collection - Bonus from Best Buy®."  Does anyone know what this is?  The only bonus I recall was the map book.  Is this a skin or something?

I just got an email from Best Buy with an Xbox Live code that says "Thank you for your recent digital product purchase of X1 - Halo Master Chief Collection - Bonus from Best Buy®.[/size]" Does anyone know what this is? The only bonus I recall was the map book. Is this a skin or something?
Pre-order Halo: The Master Chief Collection and receive a multiplayer map guide book and in-game Grunt Funeral skull (Grunts will explode after death), only at Best Buy.

I just got an email from Best Buy with an Xbox Live code that says "Thank you for your recent digital product purchase of X1 - Halo Master Chief Collection - Bonus from Best Buy®." Does anyone know what this is? The only bonus I recall was the map book. Is this a skin or something?
Grunt funeral skull.

Only the PS4/XB1 versions are confirmed as being $24.99, though it would be weird if the last-gen versions weren't also that price.
True. The ad shows "other platforms available", so they last gen should be on sale too.

It is a gamble. Worst case I am out the $10 pre order bonus.

If I can snag a One for a good price, I'll just get that version of SoM :)

Stupid UPS need to learn how to deliver stuff. I was supposed to receive my game today it was even shipped out last Thursday and my book Came today but no game so I check the game tracking since it was shipped separate and it says this on the tracking:

11/11/2014 8:48 A.M. We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay.

If I preorder the same game for two different platforms, should I get 500 points for both transactions?

I purchased CoD:AW for PS4 and PC and only got the promo on the PS4 version. Called Best Buy and was told I can only receive it once, even though I bought it for different platforms. One preorder was in store, the other was online for in store pickup.

Is this woman BSing me, or is it true?

If I preorder the same game for two different platforms, should I get 500 points for both transactions?

I purchased CoD:AW for PS4 and PC and only got the promo on the PS4 version. Called Best Buy and was told I can only receive it once, even though I bought it for different platforms. One preorder was in store, the other was online for in store pickup.

Is this woman BSing me, or is it true?
Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Only the PS4/XB1 versions are confirmed as being $24.99, though it would be weird if the last-gen versions weren't also that price.
i still preordered it, unless the reviews for the ps3/xbox 360 version is really bad. it will probably make it free rental for me.since i will try to beat it in a week, then trade it in to recoup the cost, before black friday sales.

They didn't have any books left for the MCC preorders, I am pissed :bomb:
I completely forgot to ask when I picked up my copy. I did get screwed over and they didn't add my pre-order amount to the final cost so I have to go back after work. I guarantee they would have no idea what the hell a map book pre-order bonus is. I picked up gcu in May and every single time I try to reserve/buy a game best buy screws it up.

So I just noticed on my receipt for AC Unity that they didn't avtually picky up my preorder they just scanned it as if I were a walkin. How should i go about this, returning it uses up my GCU a limit and I didn't get any codes for my preorder DLC. Should I contact the forums for the points and the doc or should I contact ubisoft for the dlc

So I just noticed on my receipt for AC Unity that they didn't avtually picky up my preorder they just scanned it as if I were a walkin. How should i go about this, returning it uses up my GCU a limit and I didn't get any codes for my preorder DLC. Should I contact the forums for the points and the doc or should I contact ubisoft for the dlc
Go in a store and demand to talk to a manager. Don't mess with the forums. Don't back down. You paid for gcu and you deserve the benefits. They did that exact same thing to me for COD. The two - three customer service workers literally had never heard of gamers club unlocked. I finally had to pull up on my phone on the best buy site and show them. After stammering to each other for a few minutes they finally went and got a manager to take care of everything.

They didn't have any books left for the MCC preorders, I am pissed :bomb:
My store had some on the shelf next to the games. I got mine, haven't opened it or anything as I usually sell those type of things.

I would of been asking for something in place of the book though. Those preorder bonuses are used to get people to buy the game from them.

Is anyone else having trouble logging into their account online?  I was just trying to see the status of my shipment and it won't let me login.  

Hey guys its a 3 same game limit for GCU right? 

I totally bought 3 copies of MCC on my account today and sort of got worried but was pretty sure its 3. 

Also they gave me two of the map books for my two preorders in store, plus I am getting two from shipping. Can give them to some friends I guess. 

Go in a store and demand to talk to a manager. Don't mess with the forums. Don't back down. You paid for gcu and you deserve the benefits. They did that exact same thing to me for COD. The two - three customer service workers literally had never heard of gamers club unlocked. I finally had to pull up on my phone on the best buy site and show them. After stammering to each other for a few minutes they finally went and got a manager to take care of everything.
I got my GCU discount I just don't think I'll get the preorder points or the DLC because it doesn't look like my preorder for assassins creed came off. The people at my bby are usually on top of this stuff and it's the first time this has happened. Couldn't do anything today because of work but tomorrow I will try going in.

Picked up AC:Unity for $11 after movers,gcu, and giftcards

Picked up MCC for $8 after $5coupon, gcu, and giftcards

Today was a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back