Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried placing an order for Far Cry 4. Got a ghost order.

Anyone mind PM'ing me the Elite 24/7 customer service phone number, I've misplaced my card.

If I make one whole order of a game currently in stock and combine it with a pre-order in the same order, will BB ship the in-stock game right now or wait til the pre-order title is released and ship it in one shipment?

They tend to ship what they can as soon as they can and not worry about the postage. You may even see two currently available items from the same order arrive in separate shipments.

They can end up as separate listings under your purchase history even if they fall under the same order number.

i gonna get gcu gonna bite finally closest bestbuy to me is far away do u get reward certifcates if u preorder online im gonna go online route.

im trying to find place to rent near that shopping plaza at round march 2015 in rivercity jax fla

Hmmm....

I placed an order for Arkham Knight an hour ago and it's not under my order status page and I never got an email.

Did it not go through? It said order completed. Usually when an order takes a while to go through, it still appears under my orders, but it just doesn't advance to the checking payment stage.

Should I order again or wait a few more hours? Any ideas?

Edit: Called their CS and they said they have no record of me placing the order. Very odd. Wish I'd have written down the order #, but I never do because I usually get a confirmation email within minutes with all that info anyway.

Hm... seems ordering is messed up for a bunch of people because I tried to preorder GTA and Far Cry 4 and it couldn't complete the order because they were "sold out" due to high demand. Oh BB your incompetence makes you difficult to buy from but it also makes your deals so sweet. 

I'll give it til this evening to see if it shows up. I was gonna place the order again, but I know if I do, the original one will pop up, and I'll have two of them.

Hm... seems ordering is messed up for a bunch of people because I tried to preorder GTA and Far Cry 4 and it couldn't complete the order because they were "sold out" due to high demand. Oh BB your incompetence makes you difficult to buy from but it also makes your deals so sweet.
Why wait till 4 days before the game comes out? Seems people also have issues closer to launch on a bunch of game recently. In my own personal experience, the rewards Certs come through faster, of you order at least a month in advance.

Why wait till 4 days before the game comes out? Seems people also have issues closer to launch on a bunch of game recently. In my own personal experience, the rewards Certs come through faster, of you order at least a month in advance.
I think some were holding out to see all the BF ads hoping a better deal might arise and would prefer not to have the rolling best buy charges on their card in the meantime. Target with the $15 gift card eas the only one and they cant wait on GS any longer

Hmmm....

I placed an order for Arkham Knight an hour ago and it's not under my order status page and I never got an email.

Did it not go through? It said order completed. Usually when an order takes a while to go through, it still appears under my orders, but it just doesn't advance to the checking payment stage.

Should I order again or wait a few more hours? Any ideas?

Edit: Called their CS and they said they have no record of me placing the order. Very odd. Wish I'd have written down the order #, but I never do because I usually get a confirmation email within minutes with all that info anyway.
That sounds like a ghost order to me, which I've experienced a few times now, unfortunately. You should be refunded whatever you "paid" for the order within a few business days, but otherwise it's like you never placed the order.

Confirmed ghost order for me too last night.

Hate the fact Best Buy holds my money hostage for a few days and I have to place another order.

Oh BB Y u no work?

Crap, I picked up an online pre-order but forgot to give them my Reward Zone card to scan or phone number, do I have to jump through some hoops to get the $10 Reward Certificate?

So I've been debating on preordering GTA on PSN. I already have a copy preordered at BB, but I'm considering getting the digital version. I'd be able to get rid of my BB copy to a friend. I just recently unloaded my PS3 copy(got $40 Walmart credit), just because I knew I was getting it on PS4. When do games on PS4 start to Preload? Do you think Next Gen will have any special Map or anything inside the case?

Pros:
Play at Midnight
Not need to swap out discs

Cons:
Not having case/map(I do however still have the map from the PS3 version)
GCU doesn't work on digital

Give me some advice!

Crap, I picked up an online pre-order but forgot to give them my Reward Zone card to scan or phone number, do I have to jump through some hoops to get the $10 Reward Certificate?
shouldnt your online account already have your account number attached to it?

does anyone know if the bestbuy.com little big planet 3 is the plush edition? It shows as the cover art, but then the description makes no mention of it.

So I've been debating on preordering GTA on PSN. I already have a copy preordered at BB, but I'm considering getting the digital version. I'd be able to get rid of my BB copy to a friend. I just recently unloaded my PS3 copy(got $40 Walmart credit), just because I knew I was getting it on PS4. When do games on PS4 start to Preload? Do you think Next Gen will have any special Map or anything inside the case?

Pros:
Play at Midnight
Not need to swap out discs

Cons:
Not having case/map(I do however still have the map from the PS3 version)
GCU doesn't work on digital

Give me some advice!
You just got $40 trade in credit for your last gen version and you are considering going digital? I avoid anything digital unless I can get it pretty cheap because I can make most of my money back by trading it in later. The trade in value will be high for quite awhile also.

You just got $40 trade in credit for your last gen version and you are considering going digital? I avoid anything digital unless I can get it pretty cheap because I can make most of my money back by trading it in later. The trade in value will be high for quite awhile also.
This

so i just noticed under my order summary, my Halo:MCC order doesn't show the "Victory Can Be Preordered" bonus listed in the summary. I'm pretty sure my last game I preordered had listed it even when it was pending, so just wanted to know if it's the same for others? I preordered Halo last week so it should have had the $10 credit listed.

so i just noticed under my order summary, my Halo:MCC order doesn't show the "Victory Can Be Preordered" bonus listed in the summary. I'm pretty sure my last game I preordered had listed it even when it was pending, so just wanted to know if it's the same for others? I preordered Halo last week so it should have had the $10 credit listed.
Call of Duty did the same for me. The "Victory Can Be Preordered" showed up when the points did, they were never in a pending state, you should be fine.

Got my $10 rewards cert from my Sunset Overdrive preorder along with my $5 regular rewards cert this morning and immediately bought a $15 Xbox Live card with it. Can anyone tell me a good reason for me to preorder Far Cry 4 for Xbox One? I have GCU but I know that Target is offering a $15 gift card with a purchase of that game on Black Friday and I already have a backlog on Xbox One.

Got my $10 rewards cert from my Sunset Overdrive preorder along with my $5 regular rewards cert this morning and immediately bought a $15 Xbox Live card with it. Can anyone tell me a good reason for me to preorder Far Cry 4 for Xbox One? I have GCU but I know that Target is offering a $15 gift card with a purchase of that game on Black Friday and I already have a backlog on Xbox One.
If you have a backlog and don't mind waiting to play FC4, I would hold off for now. Ubisoft games tend to go on sale very soon after release, and I wouldn't be surprised to see FC4 for $39.99 within a month or two.

Note, however, that preordering it from Best Buy will save you $12 thanks to GCU and you'll get another $10 in points.

If you have a backlog and don't mind waiting to play FC4, I would hold off for now. Ubisoft games tend to go on sale very soon after release, and I wouldn't be surprised to see FC4 for $39.99 within a month or two.

Note, however, that preordering it from Best Buy will save you $12 thanks to GCU and you'll get another $10 in points.
exactly why I pre ordered it $12 off with GCU + $10 certificate + pre order dlc + very possible post price match later down the road since like you said probably be on sale not to far out

So where is this forum that everyone was saying it was better than calling? I think I am going to post a question on it

That sounds like a ghost order to me, which I've experienced a few times now, unfortunately. You should be refunded whatever you "paid" for the order within a few business days, but otherwise it's like you never placed the order.
My order ended up going through. Took a total of about 4 hours since I placed it, though.

So apparently I wanted to do a store pick for Far Cry 4 and GTA 5 but the system isn't letting me :/ 

Had to place the order home delivery instead. Oh well don't mind waiting a day or two after release then. So wasn't gonna waste the $20 pre-order bonus for them lol

I didn't realize GTA V, Far Cry 4, and LittleBigPlanet 3 all drop the same day.  I normally run through the game in a week or two on these shooters/adventure games/etc and trade it in to break even/make a couple bucks credit for the next game.  I'm getting LBP3 for my kid's Christmas anyway...  But all I get extra for LBP3 is a plush.  Do I get all three?  Hmm...

I didn't realize GTA V, Far Cry 4, and LittleBigPlanet 3 all drop the same day. I normally run through the game in a week or two on these shooters/adventure games/etc and trade it in to break even/make a couple bucks credit for the next game. I'm getting LBP3 for my kid's Christmas anyway... But all I get extra for LBP3 is a plush. Do I get all three? Hmm...
out of the three gta v, is likely going to take the longest to drop in price. far cry 4 will drop to $19.99 for xbox 360/ps3 version by the end of next year around november or december

I didn't realize GTA V, Far Cry 4, and LittleBigPlanet 3 all drop the same day. I normally run through the game in a week or two on these shooters/adventure games/etc and trade it in to break even/make a couple bucks credit for the next game. I'm getting LBP3 for my kid's Christmas anyway... But all I get extra for LBP3 is a plush. Do I get all three? Hmm...
Yes only because those are the only three I'm getting lol.

Here's more info on what comes with LBP3 http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/29/littlebigplanet-3-pre-orders-announced-plushies-dlc-and-ps3-oh-my-2/

out of the three gta v, is likely going to take the longest to drop in price. far cry 4 will drop to $19.99 for xbox 360/ps3 version by the end of next year around november or december
Honestly, PS4/XB1 is probably the way to go for FC4 based on the reviews I've read.

Question about the $10 certificate

Is that supposed to be listed in your account under "my purchases" because that tells you how many points you get per thing you buy and the 500 points isn't listed there. Just has the usual amount for me.

I'm just wondering because I didn't receive my $10 cert yet and I know it can take up to 2 weeks, but every time before I've gotten it in a few days.

the $10 bonus is never listed on half the eligible titles look at the first link in the op and click it it will take you to all active offers if it there then it still active. It that easy
Can't say I've noticed many games it's not listed for, but OK... Just seems odd since I do recall it was listed on the game page. But thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back