Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Confused.

Just picked up my preordered MCC and they said I would get the grunt thing and map book mailed to me???

On the pick up order it only showed the game. On the whole order tho it shows the 3 items

Confused.

Just picked up my preordered MCC and they said I would get the grunt thing and map book mailed to me???

On the pick up order it only showed the game. On the whole order tho it shows the 3 items
if you did instore pick up the map book should of been there also. And the grunt dlc should be either on the receipt or emailed to you shortly after pickup

I should have looked in the video games section
Go back with your receipt, grab a book off the shelf and take it up with customer service. I did that the day after I picked up my game and she looked at my receipt, checked my ID to make sure the receipt matched my name (for some reason?) and sent me on my way. No return/rebuy or anything. YMMV on the ease of it all, however.

Go back with your receipt, grab a book off the shelf and take it up with customer service. I did that the day after I picked up my game and she looked at my receipt, checked my ID to make sure the receipt matched my name (for some reason?) and sent me on my way. No return/rebuy or anything. YMMV on the ease of it all, however.
My receipt only shows the game...but my online order shows the book -.-

Actually it only says I picked up my order...and price. Nothing about what was picked up

Question about the $10 certificate

Is that supposed to be listed in your account under "my purchases" because that tells you how many points you get per thing you buy and the 500 points isn't listed there. Just has the usual amount for me.

I'm just wondering because I didn't receive my $10 cert yet and I know it can take up to 2 weeks, but every time before I've gotten it in a few days.
Wait 15 days and it'll be there. If not, go to BBY forum and ask a mod for help. The chance of you not getting it is rare. The chance of BBY forum mod not able to solve this in couple days is even rarer.

Well I already got an email saying my Far Cry 4 order has shipped but not the GTA 5 which I placed in the same order today. Guess I will at least get a game on Tuesday for sure now!

Would I still get $10 if I preordered GTAV for store pick up online? I want to do it if I can but still not sold on the game yet.

I read it ended tonight. Believe I read it right.

Will GTAV be worth it? Planning on getting it for PS4. First person mode has me intrigued.

Would I still get $10 if I preordered GTAV for store pick up online? I want to do it if I can but still not sold on the game yet.

I read it ended tonight. Believe I read it right.

Will GTAV be worth it? Planning on getting it for PS4. First person mode has me intrigued.
you have until monday night to pre-order it

you have until monday night to pre-order it
you can preorder monday afternoon/night and still get the 10 dollar cert?

Planning on getting rid of unity for farcry 4 or gtav and would like to hang on to it for as long as I can. leaning more towards farcry seems to be getting pretty good reviews but I've never touched gtav online and might wanna grab it for that. I just don't feel like playing threw gtav's story again right now.

One more question. I pre ordered Halo and Unity online in the same order and only one of the 500 points for pre ordering are pending. Anther 500 points should pop up soon right or should I have placed separate orders?

You just got $40 trade in credit for your last gen version and you are considering going digital? I avoid anything digital unless I can get it pretty cheap because I can make most of my money back by trading it in later. The trade in value will be high for quite awhile also.
Let me explain, I normally don't trade in my games. I only traded PS3 GTA because I planned to get it on PS4. At one point I hated digital games, but now that you have to install the game either way and you can preload, it's about the same.

My Unity Cert is pending now. Weird my Cert for COD still isn't showing, which was picked up 9 days before Unity.

Let me explain, I normally don't trade in my games. I only traded PS3 GTA because I planned to get it on PS4. At one point I hated digital games, but now that you have to install the game either way and you can preload, it's about the same.

My Unity Cert is pending now. Weird my Cert for COD still isn't showing, which was picked up 9 days before Unity.
yeah my cod doesn't show pending yet for the $10 either.

Got my $10 cert from AC Unity earlier today. Glad I ordered everything 10/28, GTAV and FC4 certs should post within 4 days after I pick them up. Will have all my certs in time for BF.

OK, might be repeating a question, but it's something I just thought about, during the sarcastic, "immediate rewards" posts...

So I obviously know that the rewards certs take 15+ days to show up. However, there's something I either didn't know about or need to correct with some pre-orders. I pre-ordered Sunset Overdrive, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection. All were listed as part of the $10 rewards cert promo. However, since I bought them all with gift cards from traded in games, they were not eligible for rewards point on the purchase price.

Now, what I wanted to ask about is with Sunset Overdrive, it says that I earned 500 points for the transaction. I assumed that was the pre-order bonus (since 500 points = $10 rewards cert), but my CoD and Halo purchases say that I earned 0 points on their purchases. I then noticed that the SO purchase mentions a "Victory can be Preordered Bonus." Is that in addition to the $10 rewards cert, meaning I get $20 back for that game? I wanted to check if anyone knew, because if that's supposed to be the points for the pre-order, then I don't get why those points don't show up on the CoD and Halo purchases.

OK, might be repeating a question, but it's something I just thought about, during the sarcastic, "immediate rewards" posts...

So I obviously know that the rewards certs take 15+ days to show up. However, there's something I either didn't know about or need to correct with some pre-orders. I pre-ordered Sunset Overdrive, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection. All were listed as part of the $10 rewards cert promo. However, since I bought them all with gift cards from traded in games, they were not eligible for rewards point on the purchase price.

Now, what I wanted to ask about is with Sunset Overdrive, it says that I earned 500 points for the transaction. I assumed that was the pre-order bonus (since 500 points = $10 rewards cert), but my CoD and Halo purchases say that I earned 0 points on their purchases. I then noticed that the SO purchase mentions a "Victory can be Preordered Bonus." Is that in addition to the $10 rewards cert, meaning I get $20 back for that game? I wanted to check if anyone knew, because if that's supposed to be the points for the pre-order, then I don't get why those points don't show up on the CoD and Halo purchases.
You pretty much answered your own questions.

the victory can be pre ordered is the ten dollar cert, you only get 10 not 20.

sometimes it takes awhile to update the victory can be pre ordered bonus to show up. I just got my duty one today pending and I think I also got one on unity (also pre ordered mmc on the same order but only have 500 so far).

Not sure but it seems like the bigger the game(sales wise) the longer is takes to show up. Maybe not but that seems to be my experience so far.

Got my $10 cert from AC Unity earlier today. Glad I ordered everything 10/28, GTAV and FC4 certs should post within 4 days after I pick them up. Will have all my certs in time for BF.
Just checked and my AC Unity $10 certificate already posted as well! Black Friday, here I come!

One more question. I pre ordered Halo and Unity online in the same order and only one of the 500 points for pre ordering are pending. Anther 500 points should pop up soon right or should I have placed separate orders?
yeah my cod doesn't show pending yet for the $10 either.
Wait 15 days first, and if it still doesn't show up, go to the BBY forum and ask a mod for help. They're quick, friendly and should take care of your problem in couple days.

Do the $10 reward cert points show when in checkout?

Does it say you'll get it in the checkout?

I'm trying to get FC4 and GTA V and it's showing 95 points for the two of them?
it wont say nothing about the $10 on checkout but both are eligible. once ordered the $10 will appear in your account randomly within 15-20 days after the game ships/or is picked up at store.

Trying to pre-order GTA online and it says due to high demand, it has been removed from your cart :wall:
are you trying to do in store pickup? cause it says that usually when the store you are trying to select reached there pre-order allotments might have to go the shipping route if so

yeah, I am. I tried other stores as well and same message. Guess I'll just have it shipped.
fuck I'm getting the same message. Man, I waited too long once again (NBA 2K15) to pre-order the games that I wanted for in-store pick up (WWE 2K15 & GTAV PS4). Guess I'll have to do the same and get them shipped. :wall:

Anyone know if you cancel an order paid with rz certificates if the points get refunded immediately or if it takes a few days ? Trying to burn my points and save my credit for black friday , don't want to be wasting time last mintue cashing out the exact amount of points .

I'm getting an estimated date of delivery for both WWE 2K15 and GTAV for 19th Nov. expedited shipping. That's not too bad. 

Anyone know if you cancel an order paid with rz certificates if the points get refunded immediately or if it takes a few days ? Trying to burn my points and save my credit for black friday , don't want to be wasting time last mintue cashing out the exact amount of points .
it takes 10-20 days for the points to return to your account.

So my Unity Cert came through this morning, now I just checked and my COD pints are now pending. Things are looking good. If I have games preordered online and for in store pick up, I preordered Oct 1st. The first charge went away, when will it charge my card again? When I pick them up? Or the day before release?

Seems I don't have enough to cover the charge on my debit card and need to go deposit the money into my checking.

I have to admit that GTA V first person looks amazing. Since I just recently beat the game though, gonna wait til it drops in price to grab it.

So my Unity Cert came through this morning, now I just checked and my COD pints are now pending. Things are looking good. If I have games preordered online and for in store pick up, I preordered Oct 1st. The first charge went away, when will it charge my card again? When I pick them up? Or the day before release?

Seems I don't have enough to cover the charge on my debit card and need to go deposit the money into my checking.
Usually the night before.

I'm also not able to preorder GTA and Far Cry, as well as Smash Bros bundle for in store pickup. It doesn't even tell you until you put in your payment info and click "place order". I find it hard to believe that they won't have copies of GTA and Far Cry available if I walk in there on Tuesday. If it was a collector edition, it would make more sense, but these are standard copies of major releases.

I'm also not able to preorder GTA and Far Cry, as well as Smash Bros bundle for in store pickup. It doesn't even tell you until you put in your payment info and click "place order". I find it hard to believe that they won't have copies of GTA and Far Cry available if I walk in there on Tuesday. If it was a collector edition, it would make more sense, but these are standard copies of major releases.
Normally stores are only allowed so many preorders. Maybe that store has met it's preorder limit? Which your right they probably will still have copies in store to buy.

Seems a lot of people wait till right before a game releases to preorder. I've seen people on here complaining about not being able to do store pick up for every major release. Not only do you avoid this problem when you preorder early, but it seems like you receive your Bonus Cert faster IMO.

There are issues going on. Wasn't able to pre order far cry and GTA either last night. Woke up in morning and could do far cry but not GTA. So I went to the store and did GTA in store, no problems.

Online preorders get finnicky at times.  

But I've always said you really shouldn't preorder at the last minute.  Shit happens like this.  I usuallly preorder at least one week out.  Never had a problem doing it that way.

I was waiting to preorder in hopes of getting the $10 rewards from COD. I guess I'll be going in tomorrow to preorder both farcry and gta in store. Hopefully it works out:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back