Best Buy 11/14 ad: Fable 34.99

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
:twisted:

PS: Don't have the complete markdown list, but It was short, and I think it's pretty much been covered.

NBA Live 2005 29.99, and Viewtiful Joe/ Van Helsing 19.99 have been on the site already. Phantasy Star Online for XBOX 9.99 as well. Will try to get the list tommorrow

X Box isn't having too much luck in the RPG front. First they kill True Fantasy Online, then Sudeki isn't recieved as expected, and Fable anticipation killed it. Atleast the glory known as KOTOR 2 will end this drought (hopefully).

Careful! Best Buy will get angry if you actually buy the games at that price! It's probably better to buy them from their website, and hope that the order goes through sometime before Ragnarok.

P.S. - Since Bioware isn't developing KOTOR 2, I wouldn't get too hyped. True, whomever is developing it has a winning formula to build on, but considering the bad luck XBox RPG fans have had lately, I'd stay cautiously optimistic with this one, with more parts caution than optimism.

Agreed, with a new company working on KOTOR 2, I think the best you can hope for is more of the same. The worse thing that could happen is they change it and mess it up a lot. I'm not saying they won't improve it. I just have to play pessimist on this one.

Having personally played KOTORII at E3, my advice is to keep your expectations low... very low. I don't know how they managed it, but the same genuinely seemed inferior in nearly every way to its predecessor... Jade Empire, on the other hand, is excellent :D

[quote name='Captain Inertia']Careful! Best Buy will get angry if you actually buy the games at that price! It's probably better to buy them from their website, and hope that the order goes through sometime before Ragnarok.
[/quote]

bring on the angry Best Buy! :D

if Best Buy didn't get angry when I price-matched a bunch of $5 CC games, I doubt it'll get mad if I buy Fable for $30 using a GGC.

"wow, how long was that? 3 months?"

Fable's price hasn't dropped to $35, it's going to be ON SALE for a week then it's back to $50.

If you miss out next week, gamefly.com has it for $30. Their games always come in very good condition from what I've heard. After shipping and tax, its prolly about $5 cheaper than BB.

Outside of not delivering all the promises Peter made, and being a rather short RPG, Fable is great. Just don't expect it to be the best RPG on the XBox. KOTOR is still the king.

Yeahman, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, Do you by any chance know how much Eminem's new cd will be tomorrow or if they will have some promotion of it on Sunday?

[quote name='craven_fiend']X Box isn't having too much luck in the RPG front. First they kill True Fantasy Online, then Sudeki isn't recieved as expected, and Fable anticipation killed it. Atleast the glory known as KOTOR 2 will end this drought (hopefully).[/quote]

C'mon, that's fanboy talk. Fable was the fastest selling Xbox game until a little game called Halo 2 came out. Fable is a success. It only adds to the system's attraction of great games.

jeremy

[quote name='craven_fiend']just give me an above average RPG for the x box, and i will be thrilled[/quote]LOL, so true. My absolute biggest problem with Xbox is that it lacks the kind of RPG games I love. PS2 on the other hand, has so many great ones, that I have a hard enough time playing finishing them all. GC has a few good games, but still better than Xbox.

Cool, you're from Peru, IN. I go by there everytime I go back and forth to college.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='shrike4242']Go check it out and make your own decisions:

Gamerankings gave it a 68:
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/917850.asp

Metacritic gave it at 69:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/gamecube/tomclancysrainbowsix3/[/quote]

Did I miss something? Why did you post the scores and links to the Gamecube version of Rainbow Six 3?[/quote]

gamerankings gave fable and 85
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/516688.asp?q=fable

metacritic also gave it an 85
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox/fable/

it is a fun game but i ended up spending more time on the minigames than i did actually playing the game. For $30 it is worth a look, but look how fast sudeki dropped, so fable might pull a sudeki and be under $20 in a month or 2

[quote name='Samurai T'][quote name='craven_fiend']just give me an above average RPG for the x box, and i will be thrilled[/quote]LOL, so true. My absolute biggest problem with Xbox is that it lacks the kind of RPG games I love. PS2 on the other hand, has so many great ones, that I have a hard enough time playing finishing them all. GC has a few good games, but still better than Xbox.
[/quote]

Agree'd. My Xbox hangs out in my system closet with all the old systems that I don't play anymore, like N64, another system that had no fucking good RPGs.

it's a decent game. It has a lot of stuff to do. But asiade from halo 2, it is the 2nd fastest selling XBOX title and was #2 on the game chart for september.

don't get me wrong, the x box is my favorite system, but rpgs are onoe of my favorite genre. fable is a great game, i am not taking that from it, its just many people (not myself) were expecting so much more from it

and yeah thats all peru is good for, going through to go elsewhere. b

back to work now.

bread's done
Back