Best Buy: $12.99 Halo Wars, Dark Souls, Mass Effect 2, + More

For anyone asking about the Halo Wars DLC, there are two packs that come in it, one that has new game modes, and another that has new maps. I liked the map pack, since there was only 3 3v3 maps that game in the game and now there are 4. I haven't tried the other maps as I only really play skirmish on 3v3 maps. The map is basically two sides with one bottleneck opening that connects the two, so the middle becomes very action oriented.
For the game mode pack, there are three different new game modes. One is a Capture the flag esque game where you fight over taking control of a Forerunner Sentinel and then the unit that grabs it has to hold it (not die) for 2 minutes and then you get a point. The Sentinel then respawns and the round starts over again. This one is pretty challenging, as you both have to capture the flag and keep it from dying, while also fighting wherever else the enemy meets you, which can spread your forces thin very fast. The next game mode is a sort of a Tug Of War type game, where who ever has the most units tips the scale, and you have to try to take up the entire "rope" in order to win. This one was not as fun, as the game was practically over by the time I built up my forces. And the final mode is one where the computer gives you a certain amount and class of units, and you have to wait for a certain amount of time before you get more units. So you have to both survive with what you have AND go on the offensive to take out other with what you have.
All skirmish modes can be played with a co op partner if they want.

ordered a copy of dark souls, couldn't resist buying it for this price. had wanted to wait and see if a goty edition with dlc would come out since its one of those games like borderlands where i know ill want to buy the dlc.

Amazon has matched the Best Buy deal on Dark Souls... dunno if anyone has mentioned that here or not yet. Most of you would save the 75 cents or so in tax and they're offering free 3-5 day shipping without having to order $25 worth of stuff.

I had $13 amazon credit so I picked up a copy of Dark Souls for 360 as well. Why not it is one of my all time favorite games.

[quote name='Tobezijian']Is there a GOTY version of mass effect 2? Or does the trillogy pack come with all the DLC for it? I played one, but never had time to pick up 2. But at this price I'm super tempted.[/QUOTE]
Mass Effect 2 for PS3 has all the story DLC except arrival and a few other misc armors. There is no GOTY edition for Xbox. The trilogy set has the same content on each system as on the individual releases so PS3 has the same DLC as the ME2 standalone version and Xbox has none.

Picked up the last copy of dark souls at my store. Crazy how a year ago this game was $60 along with Rage...or any game for that matter.

[quote name='bjstucker']I went in today to pick up Halo Wars and it rang up 19.99 still am doing store pickup for it and Dark Souls for 5 bucks more :)[/QUOTE]

Same for me on halo wars. Didn't get the low price in store so in store pick up I choose you!

[quote name='Indignate']Ordering Dark Souls from Best Buy in my neverending campaign against Amazon and them charging me sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Best Buy charge you sales tax?They do with me.

[quote name='TooPoor']I think we should campaign against the Cali government. Amazon isn't the only online retailer that started charging us tax now.

With the car pool lanes becoming tool roads, they are just trying to take money from us left and right.[/QUOTE]

Its good to run into some other people as pissed as me about being just gouged by the state of California in taxes.
Jerry Brown since Sept. as already cost me probably $75 in Amazon taxes that I would have had in my pocket last year to buy another gift.

Sweet! I just picked up Dark Souls for with In-Store Pick up. I luckily got the standard Black Label! WOOT! I was really hoping for a black label, even though at this price I wouldn't complain for a Greatest Hits.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Doesn't Best Buy charge you sales tax?They do with me.

Its good to run into some other people as pissed as me about being just gouged by the state of California in taxes.
Jerry Brown since Sept. as already cost me probably $75 in Amazon taxes that I would have had in my pocket last year to buy another gift.[/QUOTE]

It's not Amazon's fault that they're charging sales tax. Also, if Best Buy is not charging that guy sales tax then it's because there is no Best Buy in his state, although I don't know that there are any states without a Best Buy. Anyway, the way state sales taxes work with online retailers is that it's decided by whether or not the online retailer has a physical presence in your state. I get hit with taxes from Amazon in my state because there's a distribution center here. However, if I buy from an Amazon seller then I remain untaxed.

[quote name='bjstucker']I went in today to pick up Halo Wars and it rang up 19.99 still am doing store pickup for it and Dark Souls for 5 bucks more :)[/QUOTE]

you should of asked them to price match bestbuy.com , I had to do that the other day for de blob 2.

[quote name='DukeMagnem']It's not Amazon's fault that they're charging sales tax. Also, if Best Buy is not charging that guy sales tax then it's because there is no Best Buy in his state, although I don't know that there are any states without a Best Buy. Anyway, the way state sales taxes work with online retailers is that it's decided by whether or not the online retailer has a physical presence in your state. I get hit with taxes from Amazon in my state because there's a distribution center here. However, if I buy from an Amazon seller then I remain untaxed.[/QUOTE]

We are both in California

[quote name='DukeMagnem']It's not Amazon's fault that they're charging sales tax. Also, if Best Buy is not charging that guy sales tax then it's because there is no Best Buy in his state, although I don't know that there are any states without a Best Buy. Anyway, the way state sales taxes work with online retailers is that it's decided by whether or not the online retailer has a physical presence in your state. I get hit with taxes from Amazon in my state because there's a distribution center here. However, if I buy from an Amazon seller then I remain untaxed.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Mass recently stated that Amazon will be charging sales tax here starting next year. There is no distribution center here. It's just an agreement between the state gov. and Amazon.

I'll order from BB just so I can earn points. Amazon has lost a ton of my business (only thing I bought recently was the Vita on Black Friday).

Picked up Dark Souls.

We'll give it a try and potentially throw some controllers at some point in the next year.

Dark Souls is my favorite game this gen and one of my top games ever. I love that game! Bought it day 1 and don't regret it a bit.

Dont buy the hype about how hard it is. The game isn't that bad after you learn the system and how to play the game right. You must have patience with it, and when you do get stuck on a boss or whatever, few games give you such a feeling of accomplishment when you pass it.

Picked up Dark Souls and Halo Wars, decided to stick to my used copy of ME2 from GS. Paid nothing out of pocket for hopefully (from what I conclude from this thread) 2 great games.

Thanks OP! I told my friend and he was able to get a price adjustment at BBY for last month's purchase. Now, he can buy me a McRib sandwich from the savings (not likely, that grinch :p ).

don't thank the op, it was posted hours before this one but the thread got deleted. he just copied it basically.

Good thinking on Amazon. When I saw this the Best Buy sale apparently had just ended. It still showed Dark SOuls for $12.99 but when I added it to my cart it was $19.99. But then I saw the Amazon tip so I did that and it even has free shipping for some reason! Sweet. Bought.

Dead Space 2 for the 360/PS3 is now for $12.99 (scroll all the way to the bottom). Seeing that I still haven't played the first one I passed.

[quote name='roundhouse']Finally picked up Dark Souls. I'll probably hate it, but at this price you can't go wrong on a (potentially) great game.[/QUOTE]

You'll love it as long as you know how to play. Managing your stamina bar is the name of the game. make sure you block and don't get greedy and go for that extra swing, even if it is the kill swing. Also, anything in the game can kill you, regardless of our level. On the flip side, if you are good enough (and patient enough) you can kill anything at any level. Finally, find the style that works best for you. I loaded up stamina and wear heavy armor so I can block a lot and counter attack. My son wears light armor, dodges and backstabs. Both styles work.

One of the best games of the generation anda great price. I picked up a second copy to play with my son co-op.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']You'll love it as long as you know how to play. Managing your stamina bar is the name of the game. make sure you block and don't get greedy and go for that extra swing, even if it is the kill swing. Also, anything in the game can kill you, regardless of our level. On the flip side, if you are good enough (and patient enough) you can kill anything at any level. Finally, find the style that works best for you. I loaded up stamina and wear heavy armor so I can block a lot and counter attack. My son wears light armor, dodges and backstabs. Both styles work.

One of the best games of the generation anda great price. I picked up a second copy to play with my son co-op.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you've played both, which is the tougher game: Jak 2 or Dark Souls?

Firmly convinced I'm never going to play Mass Effect 2 (or 3) at this point. I miss the sales by a day every single fucking time.

[quote name='apterous']Halo Wars is bar-none the best Halo game in the franchise,[/QUOTE]
HAHAHAHAHAHA

and the best-designed console RTS out there

Well, that's probably true at least.

bread's done
Back