Best Buy 2-Day Deals (4/26/13 - 4/27/13)

Picked up ZoE for PS3, I've wanted to try these out and for $8.50 after some reward certs not a bad price!

[quote name='FFWRX']I didn't know there were so many Preds fans on here. I hope we lose to Columbus tomorrow. Top 3 pick!

Has BB had any good sales lately? Like $10 game good.[/QUOTE]

I'm a C-Bus fan and I'm just happy we actually have a product that makes me want to watch. 3 years of scrapers right after expansion which was fun, but then 8 years of inept GMs/Players who didn't want to give everything and I started to not watch that much. We finally got something that is exciting to this city again! I mean 2 months ago we were rooting for 1st pick. Then we got a Vezina trophy probable in Bob and we light it up.

[quote name='mitnosi']Gravity Rush $39.99 Wooohooo![/QUOTE]

I keep thinking they'll update the prices on the MSRP items, but it's been live for a long time now and I'm starting to think they just screwed up the list.

:whistle2:k Hmmm, pay $59.99 for ZombiU at Best Buy, or pay $59.99 for all three of ZombiU, NintendoLand, and Sonic Racing at Fry's...

[quote name='karkyco']:whistle2:k Hmmm, pay $59.99 for ZombiU at Best Buy, or pay $59.99 for all three of ZombiU, NintendoLand, and Sonic Racing at Fry's...[/QUOTE]

decisions decisions.

[quote name='webkatt']i want black ops 2 at sub 20. imagine how i feel[/QUOTE]

been looking for BO2 for 25-35 for months now :/

[quote name='shadowkast']So they had xcom on clearance for $15 but now it's on sale for $30?!?[/QUOTE]

They were probably like "Oooh, shit, people bought a lot of this game when it was $15, maybe they will when it's $30!"

:nottalking:

[quote name='hotpocket']They were probably like "Oooh, shit, people bought a lot of this game when it was $15, maybe they will when it's $30!"

:nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened with pikmin 2. They were sold out online when it was on clearance for 4.99 and the day the sale ended, whoop, there it is available for shipping at 19.99

Isnt the point of a clearance to sell EVERYTHING you have?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Same thing happened with pikmin 2. They were sold out online when it was on clearance for 4.99 and the day the sale ended, whoop, there it is available for shipping at 19.99

Isnt the point of a clearance to sell EVERYTHING you have?[/QUOTE]

Not really. You want to keep some copies of titles in stock, even at msrp, to have coverage, especially if its online only and not taking up shelf space.

[quote name='confoosious']Not really. You want to keep some copies of titles in stock, even at msrp, to have coverage, especially if its online only and not taking up shelf space.[/QUOTE]

What? no.Clearance means just that. CLEARing stock out. I've never seen a business intentionally hold out on some items for the sake of "having coverage". Don't know what BBY's deal is in this case.

[quote name='breakfuss']What? no.Clearance means just that. CLEARing stock out. I've never seen a business intentionally hold out on some items for the sake of "having coverage". Don't know what BBY's deal is in this case.[/QUOTE]

If you have 10,000 copies of Pikmin 2 sitting on the shelves rotting, you might want to sell 9,900 of them. THis CLEARS stock. However, by keeping 100 copies around, you can have coverage so you can say things like "over 1000000000 items in stock." And you show up in search engines as being IN STOCK.

Warehouse space isn't that expensive compared to store shelf space. You might want to clear shelves in stores but yet keep it in stock online.

Yes, you're not going to keep around copies of gamecube games for shits and giggles but the wii is relatively recent.

But go ahead and believe that it's just best buy incompetence if that makes you feel better.

[quote name='breakfuss']What? no.Clearance means just that. CLEARing stock out. I've never seen a business intentionally hold out on some items for the sake of "having coverage". Don't know what BBY's deal is in this case.[/QUOTE]

It was quite possible that they only wanted to clearance their physical B&M copies to free up shelf space.

I ordered a copy of Zone of the Enders (360) for pickup at a store close to where I work. I hope it's still in stock so I can swing by before work tomorrow. I couldn't say no for $13.87 after redeeming a RZ cert.

Edit 2: Clarified price mentioned, which I should have done to start with. Sorry for misleading you guys and gals.
Edit: Got the pickup confirmation. Can't wait until tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='webkatt']i want black ops 2 at sub 20. imagine how i feel[/QUOTE]i can't believe black ops 1 is $30. that is way expensive for a 2.5-year-old annually released FPS. i already bought black ops 2 for $19 on craigslist and that was months ago!

Sin & Punishment for $40? LLLLOOOOLLLL They've had it for five dollars several times now.

ZoE is almost tempting at $18, but I'd prefer it to be between $10 and $13.

SSX would've had me at $10, but I rented it a while ago and didn't care for it, for reasons I can't explain. So, pass.

[quote name='m3g4t0ky0']I ordered a copy of Zone of the Enders (360) for pickup at a store close to where I work. I hope it's still in stock so I can swing by before work tomorrow. I couldn't say no for $13.87.

Edit: Got the pickup confirmation. Can't wait until tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Zone of Enders is only $13.87 for 360!? I'm driving to Best Buy right now. Thanks. I'll probably hit 5:00 o clock traffic really hard but it will be worth it at that price.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Zone of Enders is only $13.87 for 360!? I'm driving to Best Buy right now. Thanks. I'll probably hit 5:00 o clock traffic really hard but it will be worth it at that price.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure you're being facetious to make a point about people reporting prices post gift cards or rz certs.

If not though, he's doing that.

(And yes, I agree it's stupid.)

[quote name='confoosious']I am pretty sure you're being facetious to make a point about people reporting prices post gift cards or rz certs.

If not though, he's doing that.

(And yes, I agree it's stupid.)[/QUOTE]

It is stupid. It made me re-check to see if they had dropped the price on it. Please people, stop doing this. If a game is $18 and you use a $5 Reward Zone cert, that does not make the game $13!

[quote name='tylerh1701']It is stupid. It made me re-check to see if they had dropped the price on it. Please people, stop doing this. If a game is $18 and you use a $5 Reward Zone cert, that does not make the game $13![/QUOTE]

Agreed! A better way to phrase such a post would be "Picked up ZOE for $18. Used a RZ cert, so $13 oop!"

Has anyone gotten a hold of the new BB ad for the upcoming week? I want to trade in a game and I'm wondering if the trade in bonus is going to go up to 100%. It's only 50% right now. Thanks all.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']

SSX would've had me at $10, but I rented it a while ago and didn't care for it, for reasons I can't explain. So, pass.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning this, I hadn't actually checked the page and would've missed it. I've been a snowboarding nut since 1080 on the 64, regretted passing last time this dropped. Pulled the trigger this time around.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Bioshock Ultimate Rapture with $10RZ credit so $10 out of pocket? Count me in![/QUOTE]

Same thing I did.

[quote name='Meezah']been looking for BO2 for 25-35 for months now :/[/QUOTE]

cheapest i seen it 35 dollars new at blockbuster video. i still can't seem to bring myself to get it at this price.

[quote name='webkatt']cheapest i seen it 35 dollars new at blockbuster video. i still can't seem to bring myself to get it at this price.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost positive this has been on sale for $30 at least twice.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Where's next week's ad at? :([/QUOTE]
mostly likely no gaming deals advertised on the ad again like this week.

Is it bad that I'm more excited for P4G being in stock at $25 than anything else in this sale? After a $5 RZ cert and GCU it comes out to ~$20 after tax... have to think about it.

SSX was $10 during the 'golden days' of @Gamer. I bought it then and never opened it. Good thing it's not cheaper than that now.

Edit: Oh damn, I just realized I never got a welcome packet for renewing GCU, so I'll go see if I can get that first.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Zone of Enders is only $13.87 for 360!? I'm driving to Best Buy right now. Thanks. I'll probably hit 5:00 o clock traffic really hard but it will be worth it at that price.[/QUOTE]
I failed to mention that it was after using a cert. Hope you didn't waste time and gas to drop by a store. My apologies.

[quote name='m3g4t0ky0']I failed to mention that it was after using a cert. Hope you didn't waste time and gas to drop by a store. My apologies.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I was just being a jerk. I was excited for that price, but I double checked the website and saw the real price and got dissapointed before I even went to BB.

I saw 3 copies of ZOE for 360, but decided against it because I was spending so much on other stuff (my store manager had a huge display of "manager special" 75% off games in front of the store). I honestly don't know too much about the ZOE franchise except that people rave about it often. I'd give it a blind buy if it was just a tiny bit cheaper than $17.99.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']No problem. I was just being a jerk. I was excited for that price, but I double checked the website and saw the real price and got dissapointed before I even went to BB.

I saw 3 copies of ZOE for 360, but decided against it because I was spending so much on other stuff (my store manager had a huge display of "manager special" 75% off games in front of the store). I honestly don't know too much about the ZOE franchise except that people rave about it often. I'd give it a blind buy if it was just a tiny bit cheaper than $17.99.[/QUOTE]
did you manage to pick up your dead island riptide preorder from that horrible bestbuy store, lol

bread's done
Back