Best Buy - 2 for $30 Blu-Ray

Just like last time I'm still debating picking up Memoirs of a Geisha and either 300 or Hostel. I've got 300 on DVD, but I'd really like the upgrade.

same sale again?

hmm i watched a few good men recently. good film. i might pick that up with another, but i dont know what else to get.

I got happy feet and appleseed last time.

Yeah this deal is nice.

Don't forget to do in store pick up and time them for a minute after you show them your printout. I've done this flawlessly every time for this deal and got 10 bucks off each time.

[quote name='Sn0w13allz']Yeah this deal is nice.

Don't forget to do in store pick up and time them for a minute after you show them your printout. I've done this flawlessly every time for this deal and got 10 bucks off each time.[/quote]

What do you mean?

EDIT: Oh....the one minute guarantee they have. Nice.

[quote name='POG']What do you mean?

EDIT: Oh....the one minute guarantee they have. Nice.[/quote]

I still dont get it. How do you get the 10 dollars off?

[quote name='Sn0w13allz']Yeah this deal is nice.

Don't forget to do in store pick up and time them for a minute after you show them your printout. I've done this flawlessly every time for this deal and got 10 bucks off each time.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the first two Resident Evil blu rays today with in-store pick up and the BB I went to actually had an 2 digit LED sign to time themselves! :)

[quote name='jmiller']I still dont get it. How do you get the 10 dollars off?[/quote]http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...=cat10005&contentId=1142292377920&id=cat12098

That's how.

They're supposed to be able to get small items within a minute of you handing them the info for the in-store pickup. As noted above, some stores have a big timer at the CS desk for that very purpose. I've only collected on it once when they pulled the DVD versions of HD-DVD's I ordered.

check the ad at the top of the stand for these 2 for $30 deal. at my local store at the bottom of the ad it says the sale runs sometime into july (forgot the exact date)

[quote name='shrike4242']http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...=cat10005&contentId=1142292377920&id=cat12098

That's how.

They're supposed to be able to get small items within a minute of you handing them the info for the in-store pickup. As noted above, some stores have a big timer at the CS desk for that very purpose. I've only collected on it once when they pulled the DVD versions of HD-DVD's I ordered.[/quote]

Wow...I didn't know about that. That's pretty awesome. Would it be extra evil to go in advance and 'rearrange' the Blu Rays you've ordered before presenting them the printout so they have even less chance of making it back in a minute? Bah, it looks like according to that info, they pull the items in advance (hence you have to wait for the confirmation email). So unless they really screw up or are ultra incompetent (or maybe if you catch them when they're switching shifts in the CS department), it doesn't look like the bonus $10 is very likely.

Looks like this sale has been going on for weeks!

I got F4 and Usual Suspects a few weeks ago cause I already own all the good ones (Pan's, Transporter, etc). Hey, I wanted to use a reward zone certificate =P

Got Black Hawk Down and Departed last time.
Want to pick up Final Fantasy but looks like it's not there anymore.
How is the quality for The Rock and Appleseed?

I am looking at getting Blade Runner Collector's edition and either Resident Evil 1 or Hellboy, I have the other 2 Resident Evils be I am thinking about Hellboy with the new one coming out. What do you guys think?

[quote name='karkyco']Wow...I didn't know about that. That's pretty awesome. Would it be extra evil to go in advance and 'rearrange' the Blu Rays you've ordered before presenting them the printout so they have even less chance of making it back in a minute? Bah, it looks like according to that info, they pull the items in advance (hence you have to wait for the confirmation email). So unless they really screw up or are ultra incompetent (or maybe if you catch them when they're switching shifts in the CS department), it doesn't look like the bonus $10 is very likely.[/quote]My normal store of choice has said that people try to screw with them to try and get the $10 off. Me, the one time I managed to get it, it was an honest mistake, so I had no question in my mind about asking for it. As I've done a couple dozen in-store pickup orders since they were offering it, it's been under 30 seconds for them to get it from the area it's sitting in to me.

[quote name='aea414']I am looking at getting Blade Runner Collector's edition and either Resident Evil 1 or Hellboy, I have the other 2 Resident Evils be I am thinking about Hellboy with the new one coming out. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]
I just picked up Hellboy with this deal. If you like comic movies you'll enjoy it, its one of the better ones. The picture quality and audio quality are great also.

[quote name='silentspork']I just picked up Hellboy with this deal. If you like comic movies you'll enjoy it, its one of the better ones. The picture quality and audio quality are great also.[/quote]

Alright Thanks, Hellboy it is.

Does anyone know what is up with the version of the patriot that they are offering? It says (Spanish) so I can only assume that it is in fact all in spanish. In the details however, the language listed is English.

Can anyone offer clarification on this?

I'm planning on picking up Blade Runner CE and Pan's Labyrinth tomorrow in-store. However, I don't know if I'm going to keep Pan's Labyrinth. If I return it, they'll give me a full $15 refund, right?

[quote name='UncleGuito']I'm planning on picking up Blade Runner CE and Pan's Labyrinth tomorrow in-store. However, I don't know if I'm going to keep Pan's Labyrinth. If I return it, they'll give me a full $15 refund, right?[/quote]When I picked up my two movies, it was listed as $15 each on the receipt.

However, the last time I had to return any movies done in a B1G1 or a B2 for $x, they did something funny with the credit on the return. I think it was for the B1G1 only, not the B2 for $x . In theory, no, you shouldn't have an issue.

[quote name='Bavgate']Sweet, Blade Runner and Pan's Labyrinth for me.[/quote]
I picked up these two tonight. I tried to return Pan's Labyrinth because I really didn't want to spent $30 tonight, but they wanted to give me $10 for it instead of $15 since it was part of a packaged deal. Oh well, I don't mind upgrading to a Bluray copy of this.

bread's done
Back