Best Buy $20 Pre-Order 2013 Possible Issue

definitely following this thread considering that i withdrew my in-store pre-order for tomb raider just so i could pre-order it online using gift cards and rz certificates. now im contemplating whether i should proceed with my pre-order if the promotion void will take effect >.

Even if this doesn't directly affect you at the moment, but might in the future, please post in the thread so it isn't easily ignored by the BBY reps on the forum. It's easy to ignore a thread with 2-3 posts. Not so much one with 50-60 posts.

^+1.

Thanks OP, Im about to order God of War next week and pay more than half with gc and rz $$$, but now it may not seem worth it. Hell, I hate to say this, but I might just go and start preordering my games at "gulp" Gamestop.

We just got official word from a BB employee on the forums. Here is what he said

Derek-BBY wrote:
Hello everyone!

I want to express a sincere thank you all for investing the time to post your concerns to the forum. It definitely appears there may have been a miscommunication somewhere. We should be making every effort to ensure that every customer is provided accurate information, so I would like to see if I can help provide some clarification.

Per the Reward Zone Program Rules, a purchase made using gift cards or Reward Zone certificates would not count as a qualifying purchase toward earning points. So, if a customer were to purchase Dead Space 3 using only certificates and/or gift cards, then they may not earn any standard points; however, the 1000 Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered bonus points should still post if that customer is an active Unlocked member and they pick-up their Dead Space 3 pre-order, or a future eligible gaming title, within 7 days of the release date. The form of payment should not be an issue.

Reward Zone points can remain in pending status for up to 35 days before posting, and it is fairly common for bonus points not to appear as pending or even post until after that time frame. We would need to allow the full 35 days for the bonus points to post. You should see the bonus points post after 35 days if the promotional terms were followed; however, please feel free to send me a private message if the bonus points do not post following the full pending period. A private message can be sent by clicking on the envelope within my signature.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Excellent news. I was starting to question that I will follow through on my Tomb Raider preorder but this settles all doubts.

Seriously... Another bitching thread when the rules are as clear as day

"Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment"
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...er/pcmcat264800050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003

Dead Space Countdown
Dead Space 3: 2/5/13
Todays Date: 2/26/13
Math for the idiots: 21 days

21 != 30

Why is this concept so hard for people to comprehend...

As for your last year issue... I used RZ and GC throughout the promo last year and received my $100 with zero bitching. Weird huh?

[quote name='lordopus99']Seriously... Another bitching thread when the rules are as clear as day

"Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment"
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...er/pcmcat264800050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003

Dead Space Countdown
Dead Space 3: 2/5/13
Todays Date: 2/26/13
Math for the idiots: 21 days

21 != 30

Why is this concept so hard for people to comprehend...

As for your last year issue... I used RZ and GC throughout the promo last year and received my $100 with zero bitching. Weird huh?[/QUOTE]

Interesting how you fail to understand anything that was said. I had no issue with waiting, my local store told me to call to see what was up, because last year the 1000 points were pending about a week after the purchase showed up in my RZ account. This year the points for the game were there as pending, then cleared, and the 1000 points were nowhere to be seen.

I went to Best Buy to pre-order The Last of Us Survival, asked if they had any ideas and they suggested I call since it was odd how to purchase cleared but not the bonus.

That is when the employees told me flat out I would NOT be getting the 1000 points. If they just told me "wait the 35 days, even though the transaction has cleared the pending state, the bonus points still take time...unlike last year when they cleared when the initial purchase cleared" I wouldn't have minded. No instead they told me I will not be getting the 1000 points and I also should NOT have gotten the points last year, that it was a glitch that I even got them last year.

The issue is not the waiting, it's how the employees don't know what they are talking about and just make stuff up.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Interesting how you fail to understand anything that was said. I had no issue with waiting, my local store told me to call to see what was up, because last year the 1000 points were pending about a week after the purchase showed up in my RZ account. This year the points for the game were there as pending, then cleared, and the 1000 points were nowhere to be seen.[/QUOTE]
Visit last years thread and you will notice the same bitching about pending points. This shit isn't new.

Last I checked, Best Buy didn't tell us these would be pending either. They only stated when would actually receive them.

The only legit issues with last go around was the following two things...
1) Resident Evil CEs didn't post after 35 days. Thus warranting legit effort to get points. All other titles cleared just fine for everyone that met the requirements (i.e. gamer unlocked, preordered, purchase within 5 days, rewardzone scan at preorder & purchase, wait for 30/35 days).
2) Not receiving preorder bonus stuff (i.e. DLC). This was mainly due to CSR not inputting the DLC upon pickup as it was a sku. My two pickups this go around easily got these.

[quote name='lordopus99']Visit last years thread and you will notice the same bitching about pending points. This shit isn't new.

Last I checked, Best Buy didn't tell us these would be pending either. They only stated when would actually receive them.

The only legit issues with last go around was the following two things...
1) Resident Evil CEs didn't post after 35 days. Thus warranting legit effort to get points. All other titles cleared just fine for everyone that met the requirements (i.e. gamer unlocked, preordered, purchase within 5 days, rewardzone scan at preorder & purchase, wait for 30/35 days).
2) Not receiving preorder bonus stuff (i.e. DLC). This was mainly due to CSR not inputting the DLC upon pickup as it was a sku. My two pickups this go around easily got these.[/QUOTE]

hmm... was I suppose to get a pre-order item bonus for Dead Space 3? The only thing I got was the stuff inside the game case itself. How does one fix this if I pre-ordered Tomb Raider and didn't get a code or anything?

bread's done
Back