Best Buy-$249 3DS with $20 BONUS CREDIT

Wait a minute, last time I checked 3DS was supposed to launch in North America for $350. I guess I haven't been paying attention? $230 (after points) is pretty close to what they launched some of those DSi and stuff at. BTW it doesn't say there's a reward points bonus on that page.

This is terrible news, because now I'm interested in 3DS. I'll have to think about it. I just read it'll use real money instead of points to buy virtual console games. That's a huge plus. I don't feel right playing those old school games on a TV and I hate point systems.

[quote name='retro.elite']That is just a picture with 1600 points logo. It does not say 1600 points under special offers, in the product page.

I know they will add it later, but right now if it isn't in the product page; I wouldn't pre-order just yet from BB.[/QUOTE]
On Monday I asked in the Best Buy forums about this and an admin said not to worry, that I will get the points and she said that maybe it would be helpful if they added the reward info to the product page.

When you guys use your rewardzone coupons do get the coupon off the original price before tax? The last few times I have used them I have had the coupon removed after the tax.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Yeah they make you pay tax on the full price of the item.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...when gamer602 compared them to edge credit I Was wondering if I was getting screwed over ;)

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Wait a minute, last time I checked 3DS was supposed to launch in North America for $350. I guess I haven't been paying attention? $230 (after points) is pretty close to what they launched some of those DSi and stuff at. BTW it doesn't say there's a reward points bonus on that page.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you're thinking of the NGP (PSP2) ;)

This is a pretty good deal, and probably the one I'll be going for, as I won't have it preordered. GS/EB trade in 5 ($8+ TIV) is probably superior price wise, but this is less work.

[quote name='EvilMario']Obviously you're thinking of the NGP (PSP2) ;)

This is a pretty good deal, and probably the one I'll be going for, as I won't have it preordered. GS/EB trade in 5 ($8+ TIV) is probably superior price wise, but this is less work.[/QUOTE]
Nah man NGP is gonna be like $400+. I can't tell if you're saying you won't be pre-ordering, I think this deal is for pre-orders only and besides its said there will only be 400,000 units world wide on launch day. Similar numbers to Wii.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']This is terrible news, because now I'm interested in 3DS. I'll have to think about it. I just read it'll use real money instead of points to buy virtual console games. That's a huge plus. I don't feel right playing those old school games on a TV and I hate point systems.[/QUOTE]wait what? are you serious? how did I miss that?
actually I know how I missed it. I haven't touched my google reader since November. Most days I'm lucky if I know what season it is.
Personally the dollar system is killing me on the PS3. I can't buy stuff b/c PSN cards are in Canadian dollars and I'm not buying games on a Canadian account instead of my normal US one. The Nintendo point system however works much neater. I don't even mind paying taxes on the point cards because it's just so much easier to adapt to new regions.

yeah i know and a lotta guys did that with singstar but for me I'd rather not have to juggle two e-mails and passwords. I realize this is rather OCD of me. I actually did create a CAN account but I only plan to use it for canadian contests I win (which didn't help as the codes still didn't redeem or if I ever want to get into that video channel)

as a side note VGP mailed me a physical copy of Prinny 2 b/c the code just wouldn't redeem and that just arrived. My PSP collection without a PSP continues to grow.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Wait a minute, last time I checked 3DS was supposed to launch in North America for $350. I guess I haven't been paying attention? $230 (after points) is pretty close to what they launched some of those DSi and stuff at. BTW it doesn't say there's a reward points bonus on that page.[/QUOTE]

It was never supposed to launch for $350. I don't know where you got that from.

[quote name='eday_2010']It was never supposed to launch for $350. I don't know where you got that from.[/QUOTE]
I don't know either, I know it launched in Japan for around $300 though.

bread's done
Back