Best Buy - $299.99 Mario Kart 8 Bundle, $34.99 ($27.99 GCU) Mario 3D World | $29.99 ($23.99 GCU) Donkey Kong [Smash Fest Coupon]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
i98wDto.jpg

Found on Reddit. These coupons should stack with GCU. Mario 3D World and New Super Mario Brothers are both on discount price so stacking a coupon and GCU is a sweet ass deal. Lowest price ever?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but isn't it just another Wii-mote ?

I already have 2 of those from my Wii.

I kind of want the Mario U and Luigi U games, then I was going to get Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World and DK Tropical freeze in the B2G1F. I'll get Pikmin 3 as my free game for registering MK8.
They're the ones with the WiiMotion Plus built in, and they come with a matching rubber cover and strap, it actually looks nice (would post a pic, but it's at my sister's). They come with the controllers (Luigi and Mario, and I assume the Peach one I didn't buy is the same) when you buy them separately, so I can only assume that the bundle has that on it.

I was told that the Wii U didn't work with the non-Plus controllers, but that appears to be false. It might be that SOME games won't work without the Motion Plus functionality/precision.

If you don't play with friends, I suppose not getting the controller doesn't matter (I play with my sister and brother-in-law, so they were a must). It's also going to depend on which games you do and do not want for your system. I personally don't care about Pikmin of Zelda, so I would have preferred to get the Kart bundle with the $40 controller I ended up buying separately and used the free code to get NSMBU. It would have had me set after a $40 Luigi controller purchase, and I would have both of my desired games and both controllers for $370.

This route had me spending $380 on the first day, so I had the two character controllers. Now, I still have to buy MK8 for $48 at Best Buy, meaning I will have spent $428 before tax. That extra $58 (which is about $63 after tax) DOES net me Luigi and Pikmin or Zelda, but like I said, they don't interest me much (Luigi's OK, just a short Mario, the others would never be acquired if they werent' free).

If you want those games, I'd take the route you are, because it sounds like it's best for you. I was just saying that I personally made the wrong choice for me, as the 2 games I don't care about aren't worth the $60+ extra that I spent.

Has anyone tried pricematching then using the coupon ?
I did. It worked, but the clueless employee did not override it to get the discount & did not tell me. She did however take both the PM & the coupon. Just didn't override so I didn't get the PM. Just make sure to pay more attention than I did.

GCU does stack, & you don't need GCU for these coupons (for someone who was asking earlier.

Also: YMMV per best buy on how to get the coupons. Mine had them on a table to take, while others only gave them out after you played.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the market for a wii u. Unfortunately, I don't think the best buy around my parts (fresno, ca) has these coupons. Anyone have any luck getting a non smash best buy to use these coupons? Should I just try to nab a nsmbu bundle up at target next week with a 10% mover coupon and 5% red card?

You're better-off getting the $30 off the $329 MK8 bundle. You get a $40 Mario controller with it, plus the $60 game. you can then get NSMBU with the buy 2, get 1 free. For an extra $30, you get a $40 controller and the wheel, rather than the Super Luigi U. This might mean 1 less game, but I personally think Luigi is a dumb game. It's just a super-short version of NSMBU.
What B2G1? Is that pre-owned only?

I called my local Best Buy (Gaithersburg) and asked if I could preorder today and still get the coin and the $5 rewards certificate, and was told yes. Went to the store and was told no. On a whim, asked about the coupon for $30 off a system, and the guy looked it up in the system and gave me $30 off a 2ds. Very YMMV, but if you have a store nearby, it's worth trying.

if i calculated it right this coupon, the usps 10% movers coupon and gcu would make donkey kong 19.99. ill try this coupon at one of the bestbuys in manhattan ny and see if it works

Jesus, just called support trying to find the MK8 bundle for my buddy and the entire tristate area is sold out.  Jesus fuck, good for Nintendo but sucks for us.

want a mario cart bundle ? just get a 250.00$ skylanders bundle and a 35$ mario cart from target using their exploit. total = 285$ mario cart bundle lol
Skylanders Bundle is the 8GB system, iirc. 32GB is a better value, especially with the bonus Wiimote+. You'll likely need more than 8GB after downloading a few games, I would imagine.

Skylanders Bundle is the 8GB system, iirc. 32GB is a better value, especially with the bonus Wiimote+. You'll likely need more than 8GB after downloading a few games, I would imagine.
i forgot about that. ok how about a used 32 gig wii u from gamestop and a discounted mario cart from target ? thats a total of 285 as well

I can confirm that the $20 off Wii U coupon at the smash event stacks with the USPS 10% off coupon + gamers club unlocked. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE USPS 10% COUPON FIRST. It does not take 10% off the original price, just what the computer value currently states. 

Walked out with Super Mario 3D World for 26.90 with tax. 

Just a heads up for those preordering Smash.  According to the rep at the Best Buy event, they removed the 70-limit cap on the gold coin promotion, so you get that bonus, plus a $5 credit upon pickup. 

I managed to get Donkey Kong for $24 and Mario 3D World for $28 after coupon + GCU, so thanks to the OP for the heads-up on that deal.

I just got back from picking up my second game (DKC) with the coupon and there were stacks of the coupons at each register at the front of the store and big stacks on the table next to the Smash Bros demo. 

Coupon expires today so get out there if you're on the fence.

I managed to get Donkey Kong for $24 and Mario 3D World for $28 after coupon + GCU, so thanks to the OP for the heads-up on that deal.
And here I am, having to game the system of Best Buy's used game deal to get used copies of those 2 days for $60. I wsih Springfield was seen a "cool," so we could have gotten this.

The Mario kart bundle seems to be out of stock all over ohio & now online. You guys think it is going to be restocked?

Or is it a limited bundle? I haven't been following the news about the bundle.

I'm starting to think it's limited. It's listed as out-of-stock on Best Buy's for most every store people mention, and Target no longer has it on their site at all.

[quote name="Lil Frier" post="11842607" timestamp="1402763721"
Better to get the Nintendo refurbished 32-GB Wii U with a game (Nintendoland, right?) for $200, then $35 MK8 and a $40 Mario controller. $275.[/quote]

this is what im probibly going to do. ill trade back in nintendo land as in dont want it

this is what im probibly going to do. ill trade back in nintendo land as in dont want it
Well, the base is $6.00 at Best Buy, not sure if GameStop gives more...

Where is the USPS 10% coupon? I went to the Smash event and got that coupon, but where do I find the 10% one? Also, no GCU for me. If I find a buddy who has it, will it be a problem to use theirs?
Go to your nearest USPS drop-off, and ask for a mover's packet. Hope yours has Best Buy's 10% off coupon, and not just Lowe's.

Well, the base is $6.00 at Best Buy, not sure if GameStop gives more...

Go to your nearest USPS drop-off, and ask for a mover's packet. Hope yours has Best Buy's 10% off coupon, and not just Lowe's.
probibly not more but at least i recoup back a little of the credit spent if i dump it at gamestop. id say the base is around 6$ as well

There was a massive line to play. I just walked in and asked if I could get a coupon without playing. They obliged. Unfortunately they were out of DK buy I managed to grab one of the last copies of SM3DW. I had them ring me up and take off my GCU then presented the coupon. The cashier took it and subtracted it from my total no questions asked. $30 out the door and I'm a happy camper. :)

there was a big line in Costa Mesa california. I asked for the coupon and he asked me what game I wanted. I got donkey kong.

on a side note I had a print out add from game stop of Killzone PS4 for $20 (power up member) and they price matched it without any issues.

Any luck finding these coupons at a Best Buy that didn't host the event. Its a long shot but both Best Buys in town did not and the nearest one that did was more than 150 miles away.

bread's done
Back