[Best Buy]3 Rock Band tracks with Pearl Jam"Ten"

well, I figured they would just be tracks from Ten already in the DLC album. Guess not.

The price on these reissues is beyond ridiculous. This is from the band that fought ticketmaster?

That is correct, there is a slip of paper inside the packaging that has a code printed on it. I haven't downloaded the tracks yet, but really enjoy the Ten Redux.

And just to be clear, the code is only in the Deluxe 3 disc edition that's on sale for $27.99 (and the super-deluxe Collector's Edition that's north of $120), not the standard edition. Got my copy yesterday. I hear they're going fast.

[quote name='turls']

The price on these reissues is beyond ridiculous. This is from the band that fought ticketmaster?[/quote]

Well, at least you get a new version of the entirely album of Ten remixed by some producer and you get the MTV Unplugged on DVD which is awesome. I will probably buy the 3 disc edition once I get some cash...

you get a code in the package, that you enter online, then they email you a code for your console... songs are good though... SOTAT is WAY harder to play than i expected. its got a weird rhythm.

Does anyone know if this is the ONLY way to get State of Love and Trust? I must have that song, but I'd rather just pay $2 for it than have to buy the collectors set.

Any idea if it's like the Disturbed songs where we could all get the songs without buying anything, or if it's a packaged XBLM code inside the CD case?

From the description, it sounds like you get the tracks for PS3 or 360. Does that mean people will have an extra if they only have Rock Band for one of the systems?

Edit:
[quote name='Shady3011']You get a code you type into the Rock Band site which sends you a token to redeem the song pack to the e-mail address you specify. It's like the 20 free songs promo. So no dice on free DLC this time around.[/QUOTE]

I see. Ah well.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Any idea if it's like the Disturbed songs where we could all get the songs without buying anything, or if it's a packaged XBLM code inside the CD case?[/quote]

You get a code you type into the Rock Band site which sends you a token to redeem the song pack to the e-mail address you specify. It's like the 20 free songs promo. So no dice on free DLC this time around.

:applause:Nice package for $28....break it down like this for those complaining about price.

Say $5 for RockBand tracks (I know they're free but)
$7 per version of album ($14 for those who can't add)
$9 for unplugged dvd

I think it's worth it. This is one of those albums that you can listen to from beginning to end without skipping any tracks.

Remastered original album
Completely remixed version of album on second CD with bonus tracks
DVD of their unplugged performance.

[quote name='WatchdogXC']I haven't followed this too much, what differences are there between this re-issue an my original Ten CD?[/QUOTE]

The difference is pretty significant. You'll get the original album which you have (remastered) plus a lot of extras.

Deluxe Edition (2 CD plus DVD):

Disc 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)

Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O'Brien, plus six bonus tracks:"Brother," "Just a Girl,""State of Love and Trust," "Breath and a Scream," "2,000 Mile Blues" and "Evil Little Goat"

DVD: Pearl Jam's previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of "Oceans" with 5.1 surround sound audio remix.

[quote name='shadowkast']:applause:Nice package for $28....break it down like this for those complaining about price.

Say $5 for RockBand tracks (I know they're free but)
$7 per version of album ($14 for those who can't add)
$9 for unplugged dvd

I think it's worth it. This is one of those albums that you can listen to from beginning to end without skipping any tracks.[/quote]

For me its:

$14 for the 2 cds
$14 for the DVD which is an alright price.

the rockband tracks are worthless to me and probably will give them away whenever I get my copy.

Does this come with every deluxe edition or only ones ordered at best buy? Can I order from Amazon instead and get the codes or is this a best buy exclusive?

[quote name='flybrione']Does this come with every deluxe edition or only ones ordered at best buy? Can I order from Amazon instead and get the codes or is this a best buy exclusive?[/quote]

Best Buy only. I put in a pre-order a month ago and it still hadn't shipped on Tuesday so I picked up a copy in-store and cancelled my order. It was showing as backordered at that time. (Just checked and it is not available online and the Deluxe is showing up as sold out at some local stores as well).

As for the price, I think its a pretty good deal, especially if you are a PJ fan and play RB.

Edit - They might sell the bonus songs as DLC at some point, didn't they do that with other exclusive tracks (disturbed)?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Best Buy only. I put in a pre-order a month ago and it still hadn't shipped on Tuesday so I picked up a copy in-store and cancelled my order. It was showing as backordered at that time. (Just checked and it is not available online and the Deluxe is showing up as sold out at some local stores as well).

As for the price, I think its a pretty good deal, especially if you are a PJ fan and play RB.

Edit - They might sell the bonus songs as DLC at some point, didn't they do that with other exclusive tracks (disturbed)?[/quote]
they've done it with all exclusive tracks, so i'd expect to see these become on sale during a slow week sometime in the next few months.

[quote name='oasisboy']For me its:

$14 for the 2 cds
$14 for the DVD which is an alright price.

the rockband tracks are worthless to me and probably will give them away whenever I get my copy.[/QUOTE]

Dibs? :)

Wow. This is one of my favorite CDs of all time but I don't really want to buy it again even if I do get some RB tracks.

I think I'll limit my Pearl Jam purchase to just the RB DLC - can't really justify buying the album that I already own two more times. Once is enough.

I bought the super deluxe through the fan club and completely regret it. They charged $140 for the set and there were no RB codes and I'm not gonna lie the set isn't all that impressive. I probably should have just went for the $28 copy at BB without the records and other crap.

Anyway if anyone doesn't have a need for the RB code could you please send it my way :) Thanks!

i bought the 175 dollar version with the vinyls. It was worth every single penny.

I will tell you the DLC is freakin' awesome. Great songs, singing Black was a treat.

[quote name='SirSavesALot']i bought the 175 dollar version with the vinyls. It was worth every single penny.

I will tell you the DLC is freakin' awesome. Great songs, singing Black was a treat.[/quote]

What is the $175 version? The Ten Club sold the Super Deluxe (the one with the vinyl's) for $140 and BB is selling it for $125 ($199 list price). Only the BB version has the code for the 3 extra tracks.

Personally I picked up the Super Deluxe from the TC and will probably keep it sealed, at least for now. All the extra content in it looks like a great deal for the PJ fans out there. Got the Deluxe from BB on Tuesday for my free RB tracks.

Wow, all the BBs around here are sold out of the Super Deluxe! Kinda surprised by this. Maybe this will end up being one of those rare LE items that are actually hard to find. I was thinking you might see these on the shelves at BB for a while, but I guess I'm wrong.

[quote name='OzzySS']Can I have your code? :)[/quote]

Please don't turn this thread into begging for codes....

[quote name='turls']well, I figured they would just be tracks from Ten already in the DLC album. Guess not.

The price on these reissues is beyond ridiculous. This is from the band that fought ticketmaster?[/QUOTE]

It isn't ridiculous. I think there's four different editions of this reissue. You can get the standard reissue at Best Buy for 11.99, which for a two disc record, is perfectly reasonable.

If someone isn't going to use their redeem code, PM me.

So we can work something out. I'm really interested in these songs.

So where's the thread for people who bought this but don't have RB. I would gladly pay 4 or 5 bucks for their code... (360 only please).

Well i just got the re-issue album and used the code and played the tracks... they're very very fun! im not a huge PJ fan but i did get it since the album is a classic and also for the rockband code.

Anyways on the CD/DVD part it's like a little book and it's awesome! i love how it looks

the codes were sent via email and the songs are very fun to play

so if you're on the fence (well it depends if you like rock or not too) this is a classic album for a great price if you divide it up

bread's done
Back