Best Buy - 3DSXL on sale for $169.99

[quote name='skiizim']I'm going to return a 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle back to BBY soon don't know when, if anybody in the Inland Empire is interested in getting it let me know.

Nothing wrong with the the system, I just happened to score a new 3DS XL for $60 and don't need it anymore.[/QUOTE]

PMed you.

Forgot about Animal Crossing, Gamestop says May 1st or something but I think its just a placeholder date. AC should be out by the end of the year though. This system is really picking up steam, especially because there are a ton of releases of heavy hitter games between now and June.

Decent deal, but I'd suggest holding off on buying this thing until you can purchase a $39.99 game alongside it for the same MSRP as the 3DSXL on it's own (or less).

If it hasn't been mentioned before, sears are clearancing out the Flame Red 3DS, I managed to snag one today for 99.97 at the Natick MA store. As much as I like the bigger screen of the XL, I like saving money even more

[quote name='Y2Bogus']If it hasn't been mentioned before, sears are clearancing out the Flame Red 3DS, I managed to snag one today for 99.97 at the Natick MA store. As much as I like the bigger screen of the XL, I like saving money even more[/QUOTE]

When did this start? Is it nationwide? I already own a Red 3DS but I'm tempted to pick up a second one as a collectible since they're no longer produced.

[quote name='maximumzero']when did this start? Is it nationwide? I already own a red 3ds but i'm tempted to pick up a second one as a collectible since they're no longer produced.[/quote]

ymmv

[quote name='MigueelDnd']It's a great gaming machine! I recommend everyone to get one; I've had one since almost one month since launch (and then upgraded to an XL) and it's worth it. Don't go for the OG 3DS anymore, the battery, general build, and screens in the XL are way better.

Great games I'd recommend include:
Virtue's Last Reward (if you played 999)
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Resident Evil: Revelations
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask[/QUOTE]

Revelations coming to all consoles (including Wii U) and PC...no reason to get it for the small screen 3ds XL.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/resident-evil-revelations-coming-to-consoles-pc-6402719

I think the console port is going to be a mediocre cash grab, solely targeted at those who have never played it. Capcom will probably use the exact same graphics and call it hd. They could have at least added an additional chapter (which were all short anyways) -- instead there is just a single new enemy.

Going to BB during lunch to pick one up today. My launch 3DS will be going up on eBay this weekend. I've wanted an XL since it was announced. $200 always seemed way too much money.

[quote name='Vegastar']Unless you'd rather pay less than half the cost for the same game, but portable. 50 dollar digital download in may vs. 18 bucks before discounts at gamestop. Bonus points for being the best use of 3d thus far on the system.[/QUOTE]

Currently playing it on 3ds XL and loving it. I'd buy and play it again on PC if it'll work in 3D, hopefully they'll add rumble support too.

Edit: You can take that as a glowing review for the 3ds XL too, sure it has it's flaws ... 3D sweet spot being the main one, then again when I was a kid I thought anaglyph 3D was awesome and believed every movie should be in it.

Really tempted by this...Sold my 3ds a while back thinking no games were coming out and then i get hit by all these new releases this year. I'm a huge fire emblem fan and knowing that is coming out this week is not helping haha. Only thing holding me back are the color choices since i wish they have black. Also, should i just wait for a new bundle like pokemon or animal crossing..or just go ahead and pick up a regular 3ds instead of xl..

[quote name='jefexp']Really tempted by this...Sold my 3ds a while back thinking no games were coming out and then i get hit by all these new releases this year. I'm a huge fire emblem fan and knowing that is coming out this week is not helping haha. Only thing holding me back are the color choices since i wish they have black. Also, should i just wait for a new bundle like pokemon or animal crossing..or just go ahead and pick up a regular 3ds instead of xl..[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat as far as the color goes, I wound up getting red and then picked up a black aluminum "shell" on eBay, for $4 or $5. It just snaps on, pretty snug, hasnt come off at all. There's a few visible red areas, mostly around the sd slot, but its really not that bad. Plus it wasn't just aluminum it's got something like felt on the inside to protect the 3ds XL. I know I'm not helping am I? :D

I picked up a blue 3DS XL today. :)

I forgot about being able to transfer stuff from one 3DS to another. I'll be doing that tonight.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I was in the same boat as far as the color goes, I wound up getting red and then picked up a black aluminum "shell" on eBay, for $4 or $5. It just snaps on, pretty snug, hasnt come off at all. There's a few visible red areas, mostly around the sd slot, but its really not that bad. Plus it wasn't just aluminum it's got something like felt on the inside to protect the 3ds XL. I know I'm not helping am I? :D[/QUOTE]

Dammit! Haha you're not helping! Fire emblem is killing me but I feel like it'll be a lot more worth it if I wait for more games and the inevitable bundles/other colors.

Is there any word on more colors coming than red or blue? I really wanted the XL but the colors suck. Right now im probably gonna just open up my Fire Emblem 3DS bundle, or just leave it sealed and wait for a good XL color down the line, but i havent seen any info on more colors/bundles for the XL any time soon =(

Was on the fence about this yesterday, so I decided to hold off until today. Just checked again, and the online price is back to $200.

[quote name='Yamo0765']Was on the fence about this yesterday, so I decided to hold off until today. Just checked again, and the online price is back to $200.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that sucks. I assumed it would be good through Saturday and change back when the Sunday ad came out.

It supposed to be 169.99 but this 2 day sale messed everything up online. It's supposedly being fixed.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Ugh, I just bought a 3DS from Amazon the other day. I'd return it and buy from BB, but I used a ton of Amazon credit, so it's not really worth it. Great deal, though. This is the cheapest we've seen the 3DS so far, no?[/QUOTE]

No best buy had it for 159.99 before christmas. I PMed my blue MK7 bundle at target, it stacked with their sale and they gave me a $20 with it. As a bonus I had a coupon for another $10gc with a purchase of $50 and used the RED CARD for another 5%off! :drool: my best christmas purchase....it still sits unopened.lol

Picked one up yesterday; I'm still waiting on my RZ Mobile 5000 points to show up aka $100 off once I get them (awful awful experience calling in about them so far fwiw). Fingers crossed they will let me apply the certs to the purchase at the $170 price. Bought this solely to play fire Emblem which it looks like will be hard to find if you did not pre-order!

[quote name='icpmattj']Hopefully the $30 off is still valid was planning on picking one up tomorrow using $200 in reward zone certificates.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. Hoping it'll still be going tomorrow so I could go and pick one up. Though I don't have the 200 from reward zone.

I did the online chat help thing and was told i could call customer service and they would override the price to get me the $30 off.

Hopefully it's still the same price instore tomorrow.

[quote name='icpmattj']I did the online chat help thing and was told i could call customer service and they would override the price to get me the $30 off.

Hopefully it's still the same price instore tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

That's great! I called my local store and it sounds like I am SOL there. I feel so dumb for not going for this last night when I first saw it! And I don't think have time tonight to order. :(

local store price was $199.99?

if you search for 3ds on bestbuy.com it shows the $30 off 3dsxl

also shows $30 off on the official bestbuy app as well and shows that it expires 2/3/13

[quote name='icpmattj']local store price was $199.99?

if you search for 3ds on bestbuy.com it shows the $30 off 3dsxl

also shows $30 off on the official bestbuy app as well and shows that it expires 2/3/13[/QUOTE]

Yeah, looks like the deal itself shows up but isn't being reflected in the pricing. Annoying but at least I didn't miss it after all. :)

Picked up a 3DS XL in store tonight. It was marked on the shelf at $169.99, and rang up $169.99. I was happy to see that it was still in the price as I've been waffling all week on this one.

Haha that was my same dilemma: I hate the colors but thought maybe I could deal by putting the monster hunter case on it.

Still not sure what to do.

I want one, but I'm going to wait for a different color or a limited release. My Zelda 3DS will do for now...for now.

Hahaha I somehow managed to brainwash my sister into getting one of these by telling her I'd pay half the cost if I could play it whenever I want. I know she'll get tired of it eventually and sell me her half for cheap down the line, so it's a win-win for me lol.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Hahaha I somehow managed to brainwash my sister into getting one of these by telling her I'd pay half the cost if I could play it whenever I want. I know she'll get tired of it eventually and sell me her half for cheap down the line, so it's a win-win for me lol.[/QUOTE]

pimpin aint easy

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']So is this still on sale or no? The website says save 30.00 but when you add it to your cart is shows full price.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I just picked up the Red/Black at the store. It was marked $169.99 on the shelves, but it rang up full price and it had to be adjusted.

If you are trying to order it online, I suggest chatting with a representative. I'm very sure he/she will adjust it to the sale price.

[quote name='Gizmoduck']Yes. I just picked up the Red/Black at the store. It was marked $169.99 on the shelves, but it rang up full price and it had to be adjusted.

If you are trying to order it online, I suggest chatting with a representative. I'm very sure he/she will adjust it to the sale price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I was going to order online for in store pickup. Ill just run by the store tomorrow after work,

Picked up a red one earlier this evening. This will be my 3ds I buy this week. Got the Zelda one yesterday and the Fire Emblem bundle coming next week.

bread's done
Back