Best Buy: 3G/WiFi Vita $170 starting Sunday November 24

LouieT

CAGiversary!
I got this in an email from Best Buy:

Blue Sunday - Early Doorbusters

One of the items going on sale starting this Sunday is the 3G/WiFi Vita for $169.99. This includes a 8GB memory card. This is probably the best deal on Vita out there for this month, unless the $150 Vitas sold by Ebay on Black Friday end up being the 3G models as well.

How does that work, is it at a special time or the entire day?  The link says prices are during "event".  I think its an all day thing but just making sure.

the blu ray player sounds good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The email I received said doors open at 8am (with a few exceptions) on Sunday.  

North Dakota stores open at noon.  Paramus, NJ isn't open on Sundays.

The $160 Radio Shack deal for the 3g vita has been the best so far, but hoping there will be something lower for Black Friday...  The other Black Friday sales seem to be for the wi-fi only version.

Posted from the Playstation Blog:

PS Vita

It’s also a great time to pick up a PS Vita, so you can play Tearaway — which launched today to stellar reviews — and recent hits like Killzone Mercenary, Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, and Spelunky.

PS Vita is the ultimate companion device for PS4 through key features like Remote Play, letting gamers play most PS4 titles on their PS Vita via Wi-Fi on their home network, freeing up the television for other uses. Check out the various deals below:

• Best Buy — All PS Vita systems available (11/24 – 11/28) — $169.99
  • GameStop — PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Bundle (11/29 – 12/1) — $179.99
  • Target — All PS Vita systems available (11/28 – 11/30) — $179.99
  • Toys R Us — All PS Vita systems available (11/28 – 11/29) — $179.99
  • Walmart.com — All PS Vita systems available (11/28 – 11/29) — $179.99

So it's not just the 3G/WiFi at Best Buy then.  This is a nice deal.

The 3G/Wi-Fi Bundle with 8GB memory card is up now on Bestbuy.com for $169.99, for anyone looking to get one. Just ordered one. The product page still says $199.99, but it updates the price in the cart.

Shop discover site is down.... Oh well, still placed an order for the walking dead vita, tear away, and ratchet and clank for store pick up.... Won't pick it up if there is a better deal during black friday

3G 8GB bundle $160 (RadioShack) + Walking Dead $12 (Best Buy) = $172

3G 4GB Walking Dead bundle (Best Buy) = $170

I'm thinking it's worth $2 more for an 8GB card instead of 4GB, and a physical version of Walking Dead.

But if I already have a 32GB card from the BB sale do I care about what other card I get?

What do you mean by this? I asumed that the Vitas sold during that sale were new and unopened. Did they sell used as new?
A few unlucky people got re-sealed ones, yeah, but it sounds like most came sealed. I got a sealed 3G one with an 8GB card. Thinking of selling the card for extra savings, since I bought a 32GB card for $45 when Best Buy had that crazy sale in early October.

Want to grab one, but I don't see anywhere that it comes with a 8gb card. Can anyone confirm that they all have one?

Want to grab one, but I don't see anywhere that it comes with a 8gb card. Can anyone confirm that they all have one?
I know the ones they stocked in the store are the 8gb card bundles (grabbed one), and the "blue sunday" ad says they're the 8gb card bundles. Also, if you look at the various system pictures on the product page, there's an image of the 8gb card. So I think you're safe.

I got this in an email from Best Buy:
Blue Sunday - Early Doorbusters

One of the items going on sale starting this Sunday is the 3G/WiFi Vita for $169.99. This includes a 8GB memory card. This is probably the best deal on Vita out there for this month, unless the $150 Vitas sold by Ebay on Black Friday end up being the 3G models as well.
FYI: my local target had the 3G vita bundle at $170 as well....YMMV.

Just got back from my best buy, didn't have the 8gb bundle but they just gave me an 8gb card off the floor.

It turns out that if it has a blue AT&T sticker, that's the one with the 8GB memory card. I had no idea before now. Right next to the sticker it says "memory card not included." The sticker says memory card with activation. Both myself and the Best Buy employee concluded that you must have to mail away for it if you buy AT&T's service, which I have no interest in doing.

It turns out that if it has a blue AT&T sticker, that's the one with the 8GB memory card. I had no idea before now. Right next to the sticker it says "memory card not included." The sticker says memory card with activation. Both myself and the Best Buy employee concluded that you must have to mail away for it if you buy AT&T's service, which I have no interest in doing.
I think the sticker's just worded oddly. The 8gb card should be in the box. It's the free game that you can only get with AT&T activation.

They should have changed the box itself to say "memory card included," which would have eliminated any kind of confusion.

FYI: my local target had the 3G vita bundle at $170 as well....YMMV.
My Target is selling all Vitas for $169.99. I got the Call of Duty bundle with a 4GB card and the (terrible) game. They had LEGO Batman bundles in stock along with the Vita only box. The shelf was marked with the price, no price match with Best Buy needed.

I wanted to pull the trigger on this, but I'm not sure how well the games would go over with me as I've been big on the Xbox side of things.

Well, I stopped and grabbed one tonight.  Very slick system, now I just need to find a decent case and better deals on games.  

Glad to see more people picking up the vita. Loved mine every since I got it when the price dropped and was able to get one with the year of plus and unit 13.

For anyone looking for case:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=6624799&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=vita+vault

I got it when it was on sale for 10 bucks, but 15 aint bad either. Really solid case, has space for 4 games and an extra memory card. Its REALLY sturdy. I keep mine in it and only take it out to play it.

bread's done
Back