Best Buy 4 for $20 DVDs - 2 days only

strummerbs

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...C4D3LVAFQ?type=category&id=pcmcat146400050057

Some really good stuff here, including some really nice two-disc special editions:

Midnight Cowboy
Spaceballs
The Great Escape
A Bridge Too Far
Get Shorty
Ronin
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
The Magnificent Seven
King
Wild Palms
Battle of Britain
Hannibal
Hoosiers
Windtalkers
Platoon
Some Like it Hot

On-line only, and shipping is around $2 apiece. Still a good deal, and some are available for in-store pickup, which mitigates the shipping charge.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Might want to point out its Online only. Also IMO....not really much of a savings on alot of those.[/quote]

Huh? Many of those are 2 disc collectors editions which retail for $20 or more so to get them for $5 a piece is a great deal.

These are mostly the same ones Fry's has for the same price this week.

Most of these are $15-$20 2 Disc editions. Had to ship them all since none of my BBs had them in stock for in-store pickup. Still, averaged out to ~$7 each after shipping and tax, which is still lower than most places. :|

[quote name='homern3d']Most of these are $15-$20 2 Disc editions. Had to ship them all since none of my BBs had them in stock for in-store pickup. Still, averaged out to ~$7 each after shipping and tax, which is still lower than most places. :|[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Picked up Spaceballs, Get Shorty, Ronin, and Wild Palms (all but the last I had the regular version of already).

Thanks OP!

When I first saw the list, I thought they were the older, one-disc versions. But, wow! What a great deal. Only a few movies I am interested in, and I already own the one-discers, but still, I might have to bite.

Thanks for the heads up. I got A Bridge too Far & Hoosiers which I didn't have & replaced my letterbox Spaceballs & Great Escape for $28. I've got 4 more in my cart I'm considering, but I don't think I can be blowing $50 on movies today considering the money I have committed to new releases in the next month.

Edit: Looks like they limit you to 4. That rules my second purchase out, as I'm not gonna bother making another account to double dip on a bunch of movies that aren't really all that rewatchable IMO.

At Fry's today (Oregon), saw most of these for $8.99... I almost grabbed Spaceballs, Hoosiers and Mag Seven (Also had Princess Bride: Dread Roberts Edition), but stupid HD-DVDs have killed me... Killed me hard...

For those near a Fry's, it's almost a wash after shipping.

Thanks, just ordered Some Like It Hot, Ronin, Hoosiers and Magnificent Seven. Great deal on some classic movies. Been wanting Ronin and Magnificent Seven for a long time.

Hmm... Considering $2/ea s/h for $28 before tax, puts it at $7/ea, which is 99-cents better than the usual 2-disc collector's edition DVD BB sale prices.

bread's done
Back