Best Buy - 8800GTS Notebook $1399

It's a gateway.... RUN AWAY!

(Gateway has the WORST support of any computer company I've EVER had to deal with)

Laptops as a general rule don't make GREAT gaming computers... (while I can assure this laptop would run games way better than the desktop I'm typing on now)

I'd recommend going with something else. Alienware's are good, but pricey, Dell's arn't too bad, but I hate Dell as a company too.

build you own dude! or for a laptop, get one that can be customized and put a 2nd monitor on it, external kb, mouse etc.

Im building my own pc and i'll never go back to store bought ones. I am on a laptop atm so i am looking sooo forward to finishing the pc tonight.

Good luck with whichever you choose :)

I'd stay away from Gateway as well. Heard a lot of bad things about it. The price is great, but I wouldn't associate "Gateway" with gaming.

Asus G2s is a great gaming laptop for around $2000 but it only has the 8600M GT. For a smaller 15.4" one, the G1s is good as well.

Personally, I just bought a cheap Dell laptop with dedicated graphics for my casual games (CS 1.6, Guild Wars), and I'll be building a desktop soon for the hardcore games.

Right, good suggestions guys. Spend twice as much for something with the same specs. Gee, why didn't I think of that?

This is a great deal. A comparatively speced desktop with 8800 GTS works out to $1200 using Memoryexpress prices. A Sager is twice as much.

[quote name='axylfyre']build you own dude! or for a laptop, get one that can be customized and put a 2nd monitor on it, external kb, mouse etc.

Im building my own pc and i'll never go back to store bought ones. I am on a laptop atm so i am looking sooo forward to finishing the pc tonight.

Good luck with whichever you choose :)[/quote]

Hah! Don't kid yourself. I have built up rigs for me and my friends for over 10 years now.

New CPUs often need new mobos, which need new ram.

New video cards often need new PSU.

If you want to be 133t and swap parts constantly to have the fastest rig, there is nothing wrong with that (used to be me).

But if you are going to essentially buy a whole new rig every 2 years, why not get a laptop you can take around with you?

Think about it and you'll start to undertsand the value.

I bought a Gateway Desktop around boxing day, working fine for me. Not many computers at Best Buy/Futureshop had the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor except HP, Acer, and Gateway. I had the badest luck with Acer. Decided to get the Gateway and loving it right now.

i must agree with scarry..now that i have put the thing together, its the biggest pile of shit i have ever done..the biggest mistake i have ever made. DO NOT TAKE MY ADVICE PLEASE

bread's done
Back