Best Buy: 8gb Memory Stick Duo Pro $29.99

Nice find, OP, especially seeing how Newegg is out of stock on these models. I'd rather be able to do store pickup myself since I live close to 2 stores but if you don't mind waiting and don't need anything larger, this will suit your needs well.

If you have an officedepot around, they have a 16gb for $49.99 this week. I picked one up on Sunday. They have 8's for 29 and 4's for 15.

Funny thing is, online Best Buy tells me "Not available in store".

I go over to the one next to work and they have a ton. So $20 Reach gift card and $10 in reward zone points and I get a pretty sweet deal.

[quote name='mrbomb']I'm thinking of one of these, is there an easy way to transfer saved data?[/QUOTE]

I think you just plug your PSP or whatever via USB into your computer. Copy all the info to your desk top or a folder, then put the new memory stick in and pull it all over.

[quote name='mrbomb']I'm thinking of one of these, is there an easy way to transfer saved data?[/QUOTE]

Download MediaGo. It's painless. I use it all the time to transfer data and games back and forth.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Download MediaGo. It's painless. I use it all the time to transfer data and games back and forth.[/QUOTE]

Can/does MediaGo also convert video files into the PSP format (and vice-versa)? That was the one thing I hated about the PSP, was the conversion/encoding into the PSP format took awhile and you had to do it for every video.

Why are these things still so expensive? I bought a camera for Comic-con 2009 and I got an 8GB for $30 at Best Buy back then.

[quote name='eliter1']Why are these things still so expensive? I bought a camera for Comic-con 2009 and I got an 8GB for $30 at Best Buy back then.[/QUOTE]

Heck now they are finding ways to even raise the price further. They have the smaller sticks that need an adaptor to be used with the Pro DUO and they cost even more.

[quote name='jazzman']Would love a good deal on a 16gb.[/QUOTE]

Amazon vendor had a Lexar 16GB stick for $34.99 plus $2.99 shipping last night when I was looking.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Amazon vendor had a Lexar 16GB stick for $34.99 plus $2.99 shipping last night when I was looking.[/QUOTE]

Very likely a fake.

I've been monitoring prices for about a month now, and $49.99 at a brick and mortar store is very reasonable.

bread's done
Back