Best Buy Ad 1/14-1/20

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases:

• :ps4: Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition $39.99 (Available Tuesday)
  • :switch: Rocket League: Collector's Edition $39.99 (Available Tuesday)
  • :ps4: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory $59.99 (Available Friday)
  • :3ds: Kirby: Battle Royale $39.99 (Available Friday)
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: FIFA 18 $39.99 Save $20
  • :xb1: :ps4: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection $14.99 Save $15
  • :3ds: Mario Kart 7 $19.99 Save $10
  • :3ds: New Super Mario Bros 2 $19.99 Save $10
  • :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land $19.99 Save $10
  • :3ds: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga $29.99 Save $10
Xbox:

• Xbox One S 1TB Starter Bundle $299.99 (Includes 3-Months of Xbox Live and 3-Months of Xbox Game Pass)
  • Save $10 on select Xbox One Wireless Controllers
  • Buy 3 Months of Xbox Live and get 3 Months Free
  • Power A Xbox One Dual Charging Station $24.99 Save $5
Switch:

• Nintendo Switch 32GB Console $299.99
  • Nintendo Switch Starter Kit $19.99 Save $5
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Blade Runner 2049 $24.99
  • Blade Runner 2049 Only @ BB Steelbook $29.99
  • Blade Runner 2049 4K $29.99
  • Blade Runner 2049 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $34.99
  • Blade Runner 2049 3D Only @ BB $29.99
  • Happy Death Day $19.99 Save $5
  • The Snowman $19.99 Save $5
  • Better Call Saul: Season Three $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
So That’s just my 2 cents, And In a way a reminder to myself not to brand whore so quickly again, as now I’m ALL Nintendo , so ........lol anyway, than,s for sharing and explaining your experience
Wait, isn’t that brand whoring? Being all of of a specific brand?

I’m so freaking confused.

I think it's more in line with just product reliability, especially when your investing on something that isn't really cheap. I paid $4k for that Sony TV only to crap out on me in a year, I was fortunate enough that for whatever reason that TV had an 18 month warranty.

I think it's more in line with just product reliability, especially when your investing on something that isn't really cheap. I paid $4k for that Sony TV only to crap out on me in a year, I was fortunate enough that for whatever reason that TV had an 18 month warranty.
Oh, I understand that completely. I don’t think I’d buy a Sony tv right now. Not when you can get so much more for so much less on the market. It was just the “don’t be brand bias but I’m all this brand” notion that had me scratching my head.

So I just called best buy again and finally got a real person. It didn't do much good, kinda a waste in time lol. "We're sorry for the delay, keep checking your email " is there anything else I can help you with today?
I mentioned I wanted to place another order, but I just got told again to keep checking back for the email.

This is why I try to get extended warranties on larger purchases I make. At least for a couple years. Tho I only ever problems with one item. Never a tv. Just a sony surround sound system. That was defective from the start.

Wow that's crazy. I'm against warranties in general but it being the first UHD model makes more sense now. Glad it worked out for you in the end. Early adopters get screwed.

It was also supposed to be dry humor......damn you guys can nit pick sometimes.... just laugh it off geezzzz

And you damn right it’s brand whoring....cuz it’s tried and true lol ;D

Yeah and he's acknowledging that he's falling back into that hole again with Nintendo.
Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
FINALLY SOMEONE GETS ME,! THANKS FLICK

Anyone else got anywhere with getting their codes or making any progress?
I might try the chat, the person on the phone seemed to want to get me off the phone as soon as possible with no help lol.

:x is it a waste to buy 2 switch consoles, one as a dedicated home console and the other just for travel? Am I being extra? 1st world problems?
I'd say excessive, but then again I own Resident Evil 4 on five different consoles. I'm personally waiting to see if Nintendo does a revised version of the Switch like they do with the DS and Game Boy's before I buy one. Though that will probably another year or so. But if you're going to put use to both of them, you know, why not?

:x is it a waste to buy 2 switch consoles, one as a dedicated home console and the other just for travel? Am I being extra? 1st world problems?
Main concerns are saved games and eShop account. Don't plan on playing the same game unless it doesn't require saves. Also not sure if you can have a single eShop account on two Switches. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks those are the settings I followed from that article and yep I'm using HDMI 2 in enchancded mode. I see another person posted a google doc with settings so I'll check them out as well.
Hopefully not a dumb question but here goes. If I have a regular PS4 slim or a Xbox One (neither are Pro or X), does it matter which HDMI slot they are plugged into on this particular set?

Did best buy get rid of the dollar off instore pick up? Trying to order the new mario and luigi and i click on shipping first but when i go to change it for instore it only says "free"

Honestly. Best Buy is starting to play “GameStop” like customer service/technical error games like before GS got shitty (2011?2012.?)

Is the Xbox One S Starter bundle a good deal? I primarily game on my PS4 Pro and Switch, but also have a PC that I don't game too much on, but could if I wanted to. But I now have a White PS4 Pro and changed the shells to my Switch so they are also all white, so now I kinda want to get an X1S just to have all three white consoles there.

I've seen some 500gb versions from third party sellers on Amazon for $215, some without tax and free Prime shipping, But I feel like three month trials of Gold and Gamepass, as well as the 1TB HDD make it a better bundle overall. But I don't know if it's worth it for something I most likely won't put too many hours into outside of maybe playing RDR with backwards compatibility.

Is the Xbox One S Starter bundle a good deal? I primarily game on my PS4 Pro and Switch, but also have a PC that I don't game too much on, but could if I wanted to. But I now have a White PS4 Pro and changed the shells to my Switch so they are also all white, so now I kinda want to get an X1S just to have all three white consoles there.

I've seen some 500gb versions from third party sellers on Amazon for $215, some without tax and free Prime shipping, But I feel like three month trials of Gold and Gamepass, as well as the 1TB HDD make it a better bundle overall. But I don't know if it's worth it for something I most likely won't put too many hours into outside of maybe playing RDR with backwards compatibility.
I wouldn't even bother with an Xbox one. I just sold mine as I have a PS4, switch and gaming laptop. Anything worthwhile i'd want to play on Xbox one, I could just play on my laptop. That's my two cents though.

I wouldn't even bother with an Xbox one. I just sold mine as I have a PS4, switch and gaming laptop. Anything worthwhile i'd want to play on Xbox one, I could just play on my laptop. That's my two cents though.
Yeah that's been my thought. I already have Gears 4 and one of the Forza games installed on my PC, so if I'm really desperate to play one of their few exclusives, I feel like I already have the option. The only real enticing aspect is probably just backwards compatibility, even though I have my PS3 still hooked up. I just don't know if the graphics/performance are boosted enough to make a difference.

Yeah that's been my thought. I already have Gears 4 and one of the Forza games installed on my PC, so if I'm really desperate to play one of their few exclusives, I feel like I already have the option. The only real enticing aspect is probably just backwards compatibility, even though I have my PS3 still hooked up. I just don't know if the graphics/performance are boosted enough to make a difference.
It makes a difference.

I didn't think about backwards compatibility. I still have my 360 and og xbox. I mean it's really what you think makes the most sense for you. Here I am debating on getting a PS4 pro when I have a launch PS4 and don't even own a 4K tv yet. I feel the pain.

Hopefully not a dumb question but here goes. If I have a regular PS4 slim or a Xbox One (neither are Pro or X), does it matter which HDMI slot they are plugged into on this particular set?
The ps4 slim does HDR so you'd want to make sure its in a slot that supports that

Are you referring to the x900e? I would stick with HDMI ports 2 and 3 for HDR compatibility. I'll have to double check but I don't think the other ports support HDR.

Edit: ^^^^What Deader said. I knew I should have looked at the last post lol.

Are you referring to the x900e? I would stick with HDMI ports 2 and 3 for HDR compatibility. I'll have to double check but I don't think the other ports support HDR.

Edit: ^^^^What Deader said. I knew I should have looked at the last post lol.
Thanks to both of you for confirming this. Curious, what's the drop off if it they are in slots 1 & 4?

Oh, I understand that completely. I don’t think I’d buy a Sony tv right now. Not when you can get so much more for so much less on the market. It was just the “don’t be brand bias but I’m all this brand” notion that had me scratching my head.
I thought the 900e range was solid in the mid range this year. Certainly at the low and high end their offerings were not so great though.

I got three emails for the $10 code, each with different numbers! I did place about 20 online orders from Thanksgiving thru Christmas. Always saved that $1 too. Thanks Best Buy!!

It's been a long time since Best Buy has had one of those Visa checkout promos. I hope they have one soon so I can make some Switch game preorders.

Oh my god!! I got my three codes! AND a $50 gift card coming in the mail!

Thank you Best Buy!!
Lucky, nothing yet for me. I keep getting the copy and paste response on chat and phone no matter how nice and friendly I am. I really do want to place another order with best buy but no codes yet. Even though I mentioned it to them that I have an order ready to be placed lol.

I used 5 dollars of points and 2 of my 10 dollar certificates for horizon zero dawn the complete edition ... Not sure what i want to use my 3rd certificate for yet hmmm...

bread's done
Back