Best Buy Ad 12/11-12/17

neoz

CAGiversary!
New Releases coming out Tuesday, December 13, 2011:

Kung Fu Panda 2:

DVD - $16.99 ($11.99 after coupon)
Double DVD Pack - $22.99 ($17.99 after coupon)
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99 ($17.99 after coupon)
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy) - $27.99 ($22.99 after coupon)

Use $5 off Kung Fu Panda 2 DVD or Blu-ray coupon to save more!

Coupon HERE Thanks to xxstrataxx

Free Po Plush with purchase of Kung Fu Panda 2 on Double DVD Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack or Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes:

DVD - $16.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99

Fright Night:

DVD - $17.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $23.99
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy) - $29.99

Use the Fright Night coupon to save $5 off the 3 Disc Combo Pack!

Coupon HERE Thanks to cinemaphile

Family Guy: Volume 9:

DVD - $27.99

Save $10 when you buy Family Guy: Volume 9 and any previous volume on the same receipt.

Available Now:

Planet of the Apes Blu-ray - $7.99
Planet of the Apes: The Legacy Collection 6-Disc DVD Collection - $29.99

$3.99 DVD:

Training Day
Watchmen
Million Dollar Baby
The Notebook
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mortal Kombat
Heat
A Cinderella Story: Once Upon A Song
over 30 more titles to choose from in store

$9.99 DVD / $14.99 Blu-ray:

Bridesmaids (Blu-ray version includes DVD and Digital Copy)
X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray includes Digital Copy)
The Change-Up (Blu-ray version includes DVD and Digital Copy)

$7.99 Blu-ray:

Dude, Where's My Car?
Ghostbusters
Rounders
The Girl Next Door
Léon the Professional
Swingers
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
The Truman Show

Over 100 more titles to choose from in store

2 for $40 Blu-ray Combo Packs (includes DVD and Digital Copy):

Super 8
Thor
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
True Grit
Captain America: The First Avenger

TV on DVD and Blu-ray:

Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5 DVD - $7.99

Burn Notice: The Complete First Season DVD - $14.99

Ghost Whisperer: The Final Season DVD - $14.99

Charmed: The Complete Seventh Season DVD - $14.99

Eureka: Season 4.0 DVD - $14.99

Friday Night Lights: The Fifth and Final Season DVD - $14.99

Justified: The Complete First Season DVD - $14.99

Batman: Year One

DVD - $9.99
Blu-ray - $14.99

Rescue Me: The Complete Fifth Season DVD - $19.99

Rescue Me: The Sixth Season and the Final Season DVD - $19.99

Camelot: The Complete First Season:

DVD - $19.99 ($14.99 after coupon)
Blu-ray - $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)

Use $5 off Camelot: The Complete First Season DVD or Blu-ray coupon to save more!

Breaking Bad: The Complete Third Season:

DVD - $19.99
Blu-ray - $19.99

Spartacus: Blood and Sand DVD - $19.99

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena:

DVD - $19.99
Blu-ray - $24.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season:

DVD - $19.99
Blu-ray - $24.99

Family Guy: Volume 7 DVD - $27.99

Family Guy: Volume 8 DVD - $27.99

Bones: The Complete Sixth Season:

DVD - $29.99
Blu-ray - $29.99

The Office: Season Seven:

DVD - $29.99
Blu-ray - $34.99

Modern Family: The Complete Second Season Blu-ray - $29.99

Glee: The Complete Second Season Blu-ray - $29.99

Smallville: The Complete Series 62-Disc DVD Set - $199.99

Free $10 Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked Movie Cash:

Get free Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked Movie Cash (up to $10 value; expires 2/29/12) when you purchase any of these Blu-ray Combo Packs on sale for $14.99:

Alvin and the Chipmunks
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Music on DVD and Blu-ray:

Andrea Bocelli: An Evening with Andrea Bocelli Deluxe Edition CD/DVD - $18.99
Taylor Swift: Journey to Fearless Blu-ray - $17.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Rush: Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland Blu-ray - $17.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Nirvana: Live at the Paramount Blu-ray - $17.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Lady Gaga Presents: The Monster Ball Tour at Madison Square Garden Blu-ray - $21.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Taylor Swift: Speak Now World Tour Live CD/Blu-ray - $21.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Pearl Jam: Twenty Blu-ray - $21.99 *Best Buy exclusive*

Purchase Sony DVD Player (DVPSR200P/B) & Any 2 of these Movies on DVD for $39.97:

Eat Pray Love
The Green Hornet
Grown Ups
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
The Tourist
Country Strong

Credit goes to Annie Chu @ Examiner

Ad Scan HERE

[quote name='blk00civicsi']What kind of person just crops out the DVD stills? Shame on Annie Chu.

I was hoping to see a 360 deal next week. :([/QUOTE]

I always wondered that too. I guess she is focusing on the blu's and dvd's. Still would be nice to have a full ad scan.

The coupon for fright night doesn't work =/ It only reroutes you the the movie's site, altho no coupon exists there...

the coupon is not live yet, but if you look at the URL it gives a glimpse into the future :D. the coupon site for "The Help" did the same thing until it went live.

The coupon for Fright Night should be live. I printed mine out after I last edited the thread.

The coupon link is in the bottom right hang corner. It says USA and CANADA.

[quote name='starmask2k3']No 3D blu-ray deals[/QUOTE]

Kung Fu Panda 2 for $27.99, plus a $5 coupon taking it down to $22.99. I'd say that's a great deal on what should be a stellar 3D Blu-ray, if the first Kung Fu Panda that was released last week is any indication. I'm going to try to get to my nearest BB when they open next Tuesday, to see if I can get a Po plush for my daughter.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Kung Fu Panda 2 for $27.99, plus a $5 coupon taking it down to $22.99. I'd say that's a great deal on what should be a stellar 3D Blu-ray, if the first Kung Fu Panda that was released last week is any indication. I'm going to try to get to my nearest BB when they open next Tuesday, to see if I can get a Po plush for my daughter.[/QUOTE]The Blu-Ray review of the 2D version was pretty much saying it was perfection for audio & video. As the first movie was one of my early demo discs, I think this one will join the ranks of the demo discs for my system.

[quote name='shrike4242']The Blu-Ray review of the 2D version was pretty much saying it was perfection for audio & video. As the first movie was one of my early demo discs, I think this one will join the ranks of the demo discs for my system.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on the 2D release of KFP1; I already had it, but am selling it since I have the 3D version now. The 3D is every bit as good as the 2D, so I'm expecting the same for both the 2D and 3D of KFP2.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Kung Fu Panda 2 for $27.99, plus a $5 coupon taking it down to $22.99. I'd say that's a great deal on what should be a stellar 3D Blu-ray, if the first Kung Fu Panda that was released last week is any indication. I'm going to try to get to my nearest BB when they open next Tuesday, to see if I can get a Po plush for my daughter.[/QUOTE]

I am taking about free gift cards or 2-35 or something like that and 27.99 is not a deal other 3D blu-rays came cheaper when first release and the 5$ coupon is not Bestbuy

[quote name='Bluecomputerpro']the coupon is not live yet, but if you look at the URL it gives a glimpse into the future :D. the coupon site for "The Help" did the same thing until it went live.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I just got it. It definitely wasn't there last night.

Is Rise going to be a true digital copy or a UV? If its UV then fuck em no buy from me. Still can't get the POS to work on my GL

[quote name='starmask2k3']I am taking about free gift cards or 2-35 or something like that and 27.99 is not a deal other 3D blu-rays came cheaper when first release and the 5$ coupon is not Bestbuy[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on your definition of a deal. If I can get a movie with a list price of $35 for $23, that's a deal to me. The 2 for $35 deal wasn't supposed to include any 3D Blu-rays, though some people have gotten BB to override.

The Nirvana and Pearl Jam Blu-rays, are these movies or audio discs or something else altogether? Videos of concerts?

And why on earth are we not seeing deals on christmas movies on blu-ray (especially Elf, damn it... $8 on DVD at target)?

[quote name='mig0']The Nirvana and Pearl Jam Blu-rays, are these movies or audio discs or something else altogether? Videos of concerts?[/QUOTE]

PJ 20 is a retrospective with concert footage, I believe the Nirvana disc is just a concert.

Amazon has the BD of PJ20 on preorder for 15 if you can wait out the Best Buy exclusivity.

Hoping to PM Target's ad for buying Kung Fu Panda along with part 2 for $15.99 -$5 for buying together. Makes both movies $28.98 w DVDs of both and Digital Copy of pt 2 vs $24.99 for just Blu's. But if DC is a UV copy no deal!!! I'll just buy the box set. Either way my daughter would love the Po plush...

If anyone was planning to pick up PJ Twenty on bluray it is actually 14.99 online and in-store. I am not sure (only took a glance), but I also saw the Taylor Swift one for 14.99 in-store.

seems to be a whole extra page '22' on the Weekly Ad online, I swear its not in the one that came with my paper.. Picked up No Ordinary Family S1 (the series) for only $8! they also show Heroes (maybe S4 only) and Detroit 187 for the same price.

Some decent deals on that page, I'd definitely check it out :)

Yea I got the price match on the Walking Dead box because there is no SKU # in the ad just the picture. I also got a price match of $14.99 with Target on The Tree of Life because on my iPhone the app says "in store and online" I didn't see any copies of it at a local Target.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be able to use two coupons on the BluRay 3D version of Kung Fu Panda.

There's the $5 off Best Buy store coupon over here:
http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/abn/2011/mm/pcon/isc_kungfupanda.pdf

And you also have the $5 off manufacturer's coupon here:
http://www.kungfucoupon.com/

The Best Buy coupon would get scanned and the other coupon would be added as a "Manufacturer's Coupon" (F7 on the register, I think), with its value deducted from the price of the item.

So, if both coupons can be used and I can't see how one store and one manufacturer coupon wouldn't work at the same time, you'd end up with the 3D version for $17.99 + tax AC.

[quote name='shrike4242']Might be able to use two coupons on the BluRay 3D version of Kung Fu Panda.

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/abn/2011/mm/pcon/isc_kungfupanda.pdf

The Best Buy coupon would get scanned and the other coupon would be added as a "Manufacturer's Coupon" (F7 on the register, I think), with its value deducted from the price of the item.

So, if both coupons can be used and I can't see how one store and one manufacturer coupon wouldn't work at the same time, you'd end up with the 3D version for $17.99 + tax AC.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about this too as well.

I agree it should work as the one is a store coupon and the other is a manufacturers coupon. And from what I heard the 3D version is the only one that has the extra disc. I was thinking about getting the double pack in the slipbox but I think I'll stick with the 3D version and get the free plush as well.

[quote name='neoz']I was thinking about this too as well.

I agree it should work as the one is a store coupon and the other is a manufacturers coupon. And from what I heard the 3D version is the only one that has the extra disc. I was thinking about getting the double pack in the slipbox but I think I'll stick with the 3D version and get the free plush as well.[/QUOTE]That was my plan when I went in tomorrow to pick it up.

[quote name='shrike4242']Might be able to use two coupons on the BluRay 3D version of Kung Fu Panda.

So, if both coupons can be used and I can't see how one store and one manufacturer coupon wouldn't work at the same time, you'd end up with the 3D version for $17.99 + tax AC.[/QUOTE]

I can see the BB employee making a stink about their own coupon as it says
Markdowns taken from regular prices.

[quote name='basketb']I can see the BB employee making a stink about their own coupon as it says
Markdowns taken from regular prices.
[/QUOTE]One tiny problem with them bitching about it.

It's listed in their ad as such with $22.99 after $5 coupon, and they put the link to their coupon on there.

They get reimbursed by the manufacturer for their coupon, so Best Buy isn't losing anything on that coupon.

Kung Fu Panda 2 3D for $17.99 + tax worked without issue.

They checked with their supervisor, who said one BB coupon and one manufacturer coupon per item is OK.

Ended up with the free Po plush as well.

Also picked up the mask version of Walking Dead S1 SE, and they had to manually mark it down once they saw the ad.

I was waiting for an argument like last time, but it went smooth, took both, great deal.

Kung Fu Panda 2 (3D,BR,DVD,DC) 34.99 (27.99)
Kung Fu Panda 2 Po doll 7.99 (free)
$5 BB coupon
$5 DW coupon

19.99 OTD

I also had to get a manual override on The Walking Dead set. They did it without any hesitation, which was somewhat shocking. Just have the ad ready when you check out.

[quote name='drawingboard']I also had to get a manual override on The Walking Dead set. They did it without any hesitation, which was somewhat shocking. Just have the ad ready when you check out.[/QUOTE]

I walked in grabbed one of their ads set up next to the door and proceeded directly to the blu-ray section to pick up a copy. I then got in line and waited for the next available clerk. The clerk scanned my box and I mentioned that it shows for $25 on their ad. She began to enter it in the computer when she decided to check with another clerk. The other clerk told her it was for the dvd. I then mentioned to her that it was for the blu-ray and pointed out the price on top and the price on bottom of the picture that clearly stated DVD. The other clerk then said let me ask my manager to which I mentioned "Take your time." The manager came out looked at the ad, quickly grabbed another ad from the front, and checked that as well. I could see them pointing out the prices to each other. Just then the second clerk came back humbly and said it's $25.

Gawd I hate BB, but I love sticking it to them.

M

Anyone know how much will Kung Fu Panda 2 (3D,BR,DVD,DC) be next week and when do both of the 5$ coupons expire

[quote name='starmask2k3']Anyone know how much will Kung Fu Panda 2 (3D,BR,DVD,DC) be next week and when do both of the 5$ coupons expire[/QUOTE]
$54.99 :lol:

BB $5 coupon expires 12/17/11 but not sure about Manufacturer coupon.

Got shot down at local BB. Stupid manager refused to come out and speak to me as well. I overheard them on the radio saying to tell me they were at a meeting. fuck this, I'm done shopping at BB.

[quote name='Ed_']Got shot down at local BB. Stupid manager refused to come out and speak to me as well. I overheard them on the radio saying to tell me they were at a meeting. fuck this, I'm done shopping at BB.[/QUOTE]Go make a complaint to their corporate office, if they really did you wrong like that and had the manager in a "meeting".

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']If the CSR denied or says one or the other, just present the Prinout PM policy.[/QUOTE]

Do they pm Bestbuy.com

[quote name='shrike4242']Go make a complaint to their corporate office, if they really did you wrong like that and had the manager in a "meeting".[/QUOTE]

Shriek, I called the rz number on my card to mention this and the guy, Skip was his name said that he didn't know what the policy was but would find out. He claims his supervisor said you cannot stack the coupons. I mentioned the manager in the meeting and he just laughed and said, "it seems the manager doesn't want to see you." I was walking into Target at the time so I said shaq-fu it and dropped it. I posted in the BB forums to see if anyone their responds.

Got shot down at Best Buy for trying to use both Kung Fu Panda coupons. They said their own coupon says markdown from regular price-that is so stupid since the coupon is only valid during the sale week! Sorry, just had to vent....but at least Ithey still had plenty of the Po Plushes....

bread's done
Back