LordVila

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
Ad info courtesy of Annie Chu at the Examiner

New Releases coming out Tuesday, December 18, 2012:

Total Recall:
DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $16.99
2-Disc Blu-ray (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99 *includes God of War: Ascension” PlayStation®3 Playable Game Demo*
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99 *includes God of War: Ascension” PlayStation®3 Playable Game Demo*

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days:
DVD - $16.99
Limited Edition Prank Pack (includes DVD and toys) - $21.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $21.99

Trouble with the Curve:
DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
Blu-ray (Movie-Only Edition with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $18.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $21.99

Perfect Pitch:
DVD - $16.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99

Shameless: The Complete Second Season:
DVD - $24.99
Blu-ray - $29.99

Californication: The Fifth Season:
DVD - $24.99

Rush 2112:
Regular Edition CD/DVD - $21.99
Deluxe Edition CD/Blu-ray - $26.99

New Releases coming out Friday, December 21, 2012:

Resident Evil: Retribution:
DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $16.99
Blu-ray (includes Ultraviolet Digital Copy) - $19.99 *Best Buy exclusive SteelBook*
Blu-ray 2D+3D (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $27.99

Resident Evil 5-Movie Collection:
Blu-ray (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $54.99

Arbitrage:
DVD - $12.99
Blu-ray - $16.99

Killer Joe:
DVD (R-Rated) - $12.99
Blu-ray (Unrated Director's Cut) - $16.99

Premium Rush:
DVD (includes Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $21.99

Recent Releases:

Men in Black 3:
DVD - $14.99

The Campaign:
DVD - $9.99
Blu-ray - $9.99
Extended Cut Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99

The Expendables 2:
DVD (includes Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $9.99
Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99

Magic Mike:
DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $9.99
Blu-ray (Movie-Only Edition with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $9.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99

Disney•Pixar Brave:
DVD - $14.99
3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack Collector’s Edition (includes 2-Disc Blu-ray and DVD) - $19.99
5-Disc Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack Ultimate Collector’s Edition (includes Blu-ray 3D, 2-Disc Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy) - $24.99

Ice Age: Continental Drift:
DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $19.99
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy) - $24.99

The Amazing Spider-Man:
DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99

Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups:
DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack - $19.99

$3.99 DVD

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
All-Star Superman
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Red Riding Hood
The Final Destination
Green Lantern: First Flight

$7.99 Blu-ray

No Country for Old Men
Good Will Hunting
Reservoir Dogs 15th Anniversary
V for Vendetta
The Illusionist
Gone Baby Gone
Forgetting Sarah Marshall Unrated

$9.99 Holiday Hits

Arthur Christmas DVD
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer DVD
The Polar Express Blu-ray
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas Blu-ray
A Charlie Brown Christmas Blu-ray

50% off HBO Series and Mini-Series

Receive a free True Blood bonus disc (Season 5 Sampler) with the purchase of an HBO series/mini-series. Excludes all versions of Girls and Game of Thrones and gift sets.

True Blood:
Seasons 1 - 2 DVD - $22.99 each
Seasons 3 - 4 DVD - $24.99 each
Seasons 1 - 4 Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $29.99 each

Eastbound & Down:
Seasons 1 - 3 DVD - $11.99 each
Seasons 1 - 2 Blu-ray - $14.99 each
Season 3 Blu-ray - $16.99

Deadwood:
Seasons 1 - 3 DVD - $14.99 each

Entourage:
Season 1 DVD - $14.99
Season 8 DVD - $14.99

Curb Your Enthusiasm:
Seasons 1 - 8 DVD - $14.99 each

The Wire:
Seasons 1 - 5 DVD - $14.99 each

John Adams:
DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray - $17.99

Boardwalk Empire:
Season 1 DVD - $24.99
Season 2 DVD - $29.99
Season 1 Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $31.99
Season 2 Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $28.99

The Pacific:
DVD - $26.99
Blu-ray - $35.99

Band of Brothers:
DVD - $26.99
Blu-ray - $35.99

[quote name='DNukem170']Meh, nothing interesting this week. But, why exactly is Total Recall coming with a God of War demo?[/QUOTE]

Marketing. District 9 came with a God of War 3 demo when it came out.

Thanks OP. Don't see much though for me. Was hoping Shameless would be $25 or under.

Was hoping for a deal on Premium Rush. Thanks anyways OP.

And Jesus, looking at the cover of Premium Rush and Sony is definitely continuing the trend of plastering terrible covers on their blus.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheRock88']Any pic of what the RE steelbook will look like?

Will probably pick up that, Total Recall, and Expendables 2[/QUOTE]

af8635bc663af9c19d2b730ec93404f2.jpg

YES! RE:R steelbook! Now it will complete my RE Movie steelbook set minus that other RE CG movie one that came out a few months ago that I don't have a steelbook for :|

was Retribution any good? As a fan of every RE game, and the earlier films...i didn't even bother to watch this one. Heard it blew major dick...and that's not really saying a lot compared to Afterlife..

Guess it's the RE: R steelbook for me. Looks like they did another move to try and save costs on it to go with the non-3D combo like they did with MIB3. From what I've heard about the 3D in RE: R, you weren't missing much in seeing it in 2D.

[quote name='jcp42877']was Retribution any good? As a fan of every RE game, and the earlier films...i didn't even bother to watch this one. Heard it blew major dick...and that's not really saying a lot compared to Afterlife..[/QUOTE]

Honestly Afterlife was better... The opening sequence for Afterlife was really good.......Retribution did something unique......played the opening backwards and in slow mo.

[quote name='Capocci 007']What's the new prices for GoT?[/QUOTE]

Same price it's always been.

Excludes all versions of Girls and Game of Thrones and gift sets.

Great price on Pitch Perfect, just waiting on Amazon to match and drop the price of my pre-order. That movie actually turned out to be surprisingly good and pretty funny.

no steelbook for the 3D movie and also got the Ice Age: Continental Drift 3D for 24.99 with a amazon pm at bestbuy i got the 29.99 for 24.99

[quote name='starmask2k3']no steelbook for the 3D movie and also got the Ice Age: Continental Drift 3D for 24.99 with a amazon pm at bestbuy i got the 29.99 for 24.99[/QUOTE]They screwed up with the PM as the 3D version is not the same as the Amazon one as the BB one comes with the Christmas special included in the package and is an exclusive.

Anyone see the re:retribution steelbook on bestbuy.com? Can't seem to find any but the normal cases.

Funny how Walmart carried the exclusive Steelbooks for Resident Evil, RE: Apocalypse, RE: Extinction, and RE: Afterlife......and now Best Buy scores the coup by nabbing the Steelbook for RE: Retribution!

See here:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']:br: Resident Evil: Retribution 2D SteelBook (Best Buy Exclusive)

7025125_1216E.png

Price: $19.99 sale
SKU #: 7025125
Release Date: Friday, December 21, 2012

https://deals.bestbuy.com/movies+am...v+++steelbooktrade++resident+evil+retribution[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shrike4242']That SKU isn't visible on BestBuy.com. :bomb: At least, not yet.

Hopefully, they'll fix it so I can order it for in-store pickup Friday morning before the store opens.[/QUOTE]

Of course Game of Thrones is excluded. That's the only HBO series I want. It never seems to go on sale for less than $30, which is what my price point needs to be before I buy it.

[quote name='shrike4242']See here:[/QUOTE]

I wish they release a steelbook bundle :(

My walmart never had the RE steel books, so Im passing on this.

[quote name='quesog32']Of course Game of Thrones is excluded. That's the only HBO series I want. It never seems to go on sale for less than $30, which is what my price point needs to be before I buy it.[/QUOTE]

Why not grab the Collectors Edition for 39.99?

[quote name='Abeja']Why not grab the Collectors Edition for 39.99?[/QUOTE]

$40 is still more than $30. Plus, $30 was my upper limit. That's a lot of money for just 10 episodes.

[quote name='quesog32']$40 is still more than $30. Plus, $30 was my upper limit. That's a lot of money for just 10 episodes.[/QUOTE]

I'll never understand this logic. Just ten episodes is essentially a ten hour movie.

Different strokes I guess. But if you're willing to pay $10-$15 for a two-ish hour movie, then why not $40 for a ten hour series?

[quote name='quesog32']$40 is still more than $30. Plus, $30 was my upper limit. That's a lot of money for just 10 episodes.[/QUOTE]

I just think the egg would be worth the extra $10 bucks. Not to mention you get DVD and digital copies of the first season plus the first episode of the 2nd season. All for an extra $10. The egg alone is selling on ebay for $30-50

[quote name='Abeja']I just think the egg would be worth the extra $10 bucks. Not to mention you get DVD and digital copies of the first season plus the first episode of the 2nd season. All for an extra $10. The egg alone is selling on ebay for $30-50[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling the price of that egg is going to be dropping in price pretty quickly.

[quote name='LordVila']I have a feeling the price of that egg is going to be dropping in price pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

Still, it looks like the DVDs and digital copies arent included on the regular editions.

Sold the dvd and digital copies of GOT S1 , also used reward certificates so I actually got paid to own the collector's edition packaging, egg and blu ray set :)

Can anyone give a rough estimate on how many RE steelbooks each store got? Wondering if I have to buy today or if I can wait until Wednesday when I have gift cards. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Can anyone give a rough estimate on how many RE steelbooks each store got? Wondering if I have to buy today or if I can wait until Wednesday when I have gift cards. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I've seen people saying their stores have got 8-12 copies. Mine only had 7 copies when I got there 40 min after they opened.

I would defiantly say go get it today since most places will not have any tomorrow.

[quote name='quesog32']Of course Game of Thrones is excluded. That's the only HBO series I want. It never seems to go on sale for less than $30, which is what my price point needs to be before I buy it.[/QUOTE]

It first released at $30/$35

bread's done
Back