$14.99 DVD
$18.99 Blu/DVD/UV
$24.99 Steelbook Blu/DVD/UV
(min 10 steelbooks per store)

Dark Knight Trilogy
$29.99 3 Movie Pack
$34.99 3 Movie Pack w/Best Buy Content

Finding Nemo*
$22.99 Blu Ray Combo Pack (no coupon mentioned)
$29.99 or $24.99 w/coupon 3D Blu/Blu/DVD/DC
$4.99 Squirt or Nemo Plush with purchase of Finding Nemo Blu Ray or DS game.

UP 3D*
$27.99 4 Disc Combo Pack

Eastbound and Down
$14.99 DVD
$19.99 Blu Ray

Star Trek The Next Generation Season 2
$64.99 Blu Ray

Forward Unto Dawn
$12.99 DVD
$16.99 Blu Ray

Simpsons Season 15
$29.99 DVD
$34.99 Blu Ray

Hope Springs
$17.99 DVD/UV
$22.99 Blu/DVD/UV

Odd Life of Timothy Green
$17.99 DVD
$22.99 Blu/DVD

*Free $10 Movie Cash for Monsters Inc 3D with the following movies:

Toy Story* $19.99 Blu/DVD
Wall-E* $19.99 Blu/DVD
A Bug's Life* $19.99 Blu/DVD

Steelbooks:

The Dark Knight $9.99
Batman Begins $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for DKR! And what a great price :)

Did Nemo through Disney Movie Rewards as one of my two commitments

Submitted the Dark Knight Rises price to Amazon (stating "In Store" with the 12/2 date), hoping they update their price early enough that I don't have to cancel.

[quote name='ddrlenz']Surprised there is no Star Trek TNG Season 2 Blu Ray deal... :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Just looked at the ad on Blu-ray.com and it shows 64.99.

Any idea what the pre-coupon price is for Nemo 3D? I have the amazon coupon locked in, so I figure they'll price match BBs pre-coupon price.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Any idea what the pre-coupon price is for Nemo 3D? I have the amazon coupon locked in, so I figure they'll price match BBs pre-coupon price.[/QUOTE]$29.99, since the coupon is worth $5.

[quote name='mpaullin']So $6 more to have the Dark Knight in a steelbook? No thank you. Will put that money towards the simpsons.[/QUOTE]
I believe the steelbook edition also gives you the BBY-exclusive documentary (the name of which escapes me at the moment).

[quote name='Vigilante']$29.99, since the coupon is worth $5.

I believe the steelbook edition also gives you the BBY-exclusive documentary (the name of which escapes me at the moment).[/QUOTE]I guess Amazon will match the $29.99 price making it $21.99 with the $8 off coupon they offered when it was up for pre-order. Guess I should dump my Amazon pre-order and keep my $19.99 DeepDiscount pre-order since it'll be cheaper, unless Target has it for $27.99 at release.

And yes, the steelbook comes with the BBY-exclusive documentary.

EDIT: DD just emailed that they shipped out my Nemo order, so it's cancel time for Amazon.

[quote name='ddrlenz']Surprised there is no Star Trek TNG Season 2 Blu Ray deal... :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Knew I forgot something, sorry about that.

Everything should be correct now. Added Star Trek, Finding Nemo before coupon price, and Batman steelbooks. Missed some stuff last night was really tired.

I've seen Monsters Inc literally 100 times, but that $10 movie cash when purchasing Wall-E on blu is very tempting. This might be 101...

now to see if I can preorder the batman steelbook blu ray/dvd/uv copy. I really want that especially for that price and goes along with the rest of the steelbooks i got from there.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I've seen Monsters Inc literally 100 times, but that $10 movie cash when purchasing Wall-E on blu is very tempting. This might be 101...[/QUOTE]

I don't know if there are anymore titles with the movie cash the ad just said "select titles" and showed the 3 I listed.

I'm not big into steelbooks but I might have to pay the extra for the DKR steelbook just because I like the look of that case so much better. But the Target digibook looks very awesome as well.

Am I missing something but wasn't a collectors edition of TDKR with the cowl bust was suppose to be on sale as well or was that an exclusive somewhere else?

[quote name='joker______']Am I missing something but wasn't a collectors edition of TDKR with the cowl bust was suppose to be on sale as well or was that an exclusive somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dark+Kn...&skuId=7024693&st=dark knight rises&lp=6&cp=1

There's the item page for it, keep checking back with that. Stores have received their shipments of DKR and I haven't seen any employees mention the batcowl. Amazon shut off preorders so there's a good chance it'll be fairly limited. Most stores got 70+ of the steelbooks though, those won't be in short supply.

[quote name='Scorch']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dark+Kn...&skuId=7024693&st=dark knight rises&lp=6&cp=1

There's the item page for it, keep checking back with that. Stores have received their shipments of DKR and I haven't seen any employees mention the batcowl. Amazon shut off preorders so there's a good chance it'll be fairly limited. Most stores got 70+ of the steelbooks though, those won't be in short supply.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info and page Scorch,I'll keep my eye on it for sure.

[quote name='Scorch']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dark+Kn...&skuId=7024693&st=dark knight rises&lp=6&cp=1

There's the item page for it, keep checking back with that. Stores have received their shipments of DKR and I haven't seen any employees mention the batcowl. Amazon shut off preorders so there's a good chance it'll be fairly limited. Most stores got 70+ of the steelbooks though, those won't be in short supply.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the Bat Cowl in the ad. How do you know most stores got so many steels?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I didn't see the Bat Cowl in the ad. How do you know most stores got so many steels?[/QUOTE]

uhh

a birdie

Really bummed out that I bought Batman Begins and Dark Knight a couple months ago in Steelbooks for $5 each, and now to make the trilogy look all nice, I'll have to spend $25 more.

Looks like I have to be there in the morning to get the DKR Steelbook to beat the hoarders for my copy!

So I preordered the steelbook tonight online and I got the email with the code for what i thought was DARK KNIGHT REBORN but when I enter the code it puts The Dark Knight Rises on my UV and Cinema Now account (which i just watched half). Will they send another code for the DKR?

[quote name='jcmeadows']So I preordered the steelbook tonight online and I got the email with the code for what i thought was DARK KNIGHT REBORN but when I enter the code it puts The Dark Knight Rises on my UV and Cinema Now account (which i just watched half). Will they send another code for the DKR?[/QUOTE]

so cinema now is doing the same as flixster that the documentary is really the full movie

Can someone enlighten me on what ultraviolet is that is the digital copy for batman? Can I load this in iTunes, iPad, touch and apple tv? Or is it some streaming service.

[quote name='daminion']Can someone enlighten me on what ultraviolet is that is the digital copy for batman? Can I load this in iTunes, iPad, touch and apple tv? Or is it some streaming service.[/QUOTE]It is Warner's exclusive digital service which basically downloads and streams movies from a central source. It is not compatible with Apple stuff without downloading an app first and all other products (Blu-ray players, computers, mobile devices, etc) have to be registered through the service before they can be used.

[quote name='wpress']Can I preorder the steelbook online, is this the link?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Dark+Knight+Rises+(BD%2BDVD%2BUV)+w/+Exclusive+Content/6983956.p?id=2616632&skuId=6983956&st=The_Dark_Knight_Rises_Exclusive_101068&lp=1&cp=1

I am definitely getting it to match my other steelbooks, and the cover is so much better than the terrible recycled regular DVD/Blu cover (in my opinion, of course)[/QUOTE]You can pre-order it online, though I strongly recommend that you don't pre-order it for delivery. You'll take a very strong chance that you'll get a destroyed steelbook because they'll ship it in a plastic bag which is about the thickness of a Ziploc bag without any padding.

[quote name='daminion']Can someone enlighten me on what ultraviolet is that is the digital copy for batman? Can I load this in iTunes, iPad, touch and apple tv? Or is it some streaming service.[/QUOTE]UV DC = streaming digital copy via Flixster.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you pre-order the steelbook online for in-store pickup at the 29.99 price, will they credit you the in-store amount? Never run into this, though hopefully I can pre-order Sunday still with the correct price.

[quote name='DNukem170']It is Warner's exclusive digital service which basically downloads and streams movies from a central source. It is not compatible with Apple stuff without downloading an app first and all other products (Blu-ray players, computers, mobile devices, etc) have to be registered through the service before they can be used.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the response even if it wasn't the one I was hoping for.

Anyone else having issues trying to redeem the Cinema Now code. The one I received from the email was invlaid so customer service gave me another one and it is invalid as well.

[quote name='ajh2298']Sorry for the dumb question but is the 4 disc version of Finding Nemo the 3d version?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to be a dick, but there isn't actually a 4-disc version... the 2D-only Combo Pack is 3 discs and the 3D Combo Pack is 5 discs.

[quote name='shrike4242']You can pre-order it online, though I strongly recommend that you don't pre-order it for delivery. You'll take a very strong chance that you'll get a destroyed steelbook because they'll ship it in a plastic bag which is about the thickness of a Ziploc bag without any padding.[/QUOTE]

Dang I might just have to go into Best Buy during finals week...ugh

My store has no cowls. 81 steelies, tons of regulars Blus and DVD, three trilogies on each format, and that's it. I had my heart set on the cowl, but the size quickly deterred me. I'll be getting the steelbook to match my others.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Is there any reason why the Up 3D blu-ray isn't featured in any ads? I was hoping to find a deal on that.[/QUOTE]I think that Best Buy has it in their ads that it'll be $27.99, without any coupon or combo deal with purchase.

Does anyone think the Finding Nemo coupon will work on the BR+DVD Combo Pack despite it saying it's for the 3D pack? I'm not averse to picking up the 5-disc edition for $24.99 after the coupon...but if the coupon works on the BR+DVD version and brings it down to $17.99, I might just go with that one.

[quote name='Vigilante']Does anyone think the Finding Nemo coupon will work on the BR+DVD Combo Pack despite it saying it's for the 3D pack? I'm not averse to picking up the 5-disc edition for $24.99 after the coupon...but if the coupon works on the BR+DVD version and brings it down to $17.99, I might just go with that one.[/QUOTE]

They have worked in the past for me at Best Buy on the regular combo versions with no issues.

So is the steelbook for TDKR minimum 10 per store? I have work Tuesday and I won't be able to go to best buy until around 5:45pm unless I use my lunch time to go get it around noon. Really don't want them to run out of stock of it, want it to match my Batman Begins and TDK steelbooks.

[quote name='fishphoenix']So is the steelbook for TDKR minimum 10 per store? I have work Tuesday and I won't be able to go to best buy until around 5:45pm unless I use my lunch time to go get it around noon. Really don't want them to run out of stock of it, want it to match my Batman Begins and TDK steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

Do in store pickup on Monday night.

[quote name='Ed_']Do in store pickup on Monday night.[/QUOTE]Tuesday morning, as it won't show up as available for in-store pickup until Tuesday morning sometime.

It's been that way for MIB3, Amazing Spiderman, Snow White And The Huntsman, plus other steelbooks of recent memory.

bread's done
Back