Best Buy Ad 12/4 - 12/10

Mikerocosms

CAGiversary!
New Releases coming out Tuesday, December 6, 2011:
The Hangover Part II:

• DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99
Free temporary Tribal Tattoo with any purchase of The Hangover.
Cowboys & Aliens:

• DVD - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99
The Help:

• DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray + DVD - $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)
Use $5 off The Help Blu-ray coupon to save more!
Save $5 when you buy The Help on DVD or Blu-ray and the new Mary J. Blige Deluxe Edition CD which includes 3 bonus tracks (on sale for $12.99).
Mr. Popper's Penguins:

• DVD - $17.99
  • DVD Limited Edition Gift Set with TY Plush Penguin Toy - $19.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy - $24.99
The Simpsons: The Fourteenth Season:

• DVD - $31.99
  • Blu-ray - $37.99
The Debt:

• DVD - $17.99
  • Blu-ray - $22.99
Rap-A-Lot 25th Anniversary Boxset:

• 3 CDs / 1 DVD + T-Shirt - $32.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Korn: Path of Totality:

• Deluxe CD/DVD - $13.99
NOTE: Reposting of any part of this article requires a link back to the original article.
Available Now:
The Smurfs:

• DVD - $18.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) + The Smurfs: A Christmas Carol - $24.99
Friends with Benefits:

• DVD - $18.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $24.99
The Hangover:

• DVD - $4.99
  • Blu-ray - $9.99
Due Date:

• DVD - $4.99
  • Blu-ray - $9.99
Original 7ven AKA "The Time": Condensate:

• CD/DVD - $9.99 *Best Buy exclusive*

$4.99 DVD:

• Caddyshack
  • Dumb & Dumber / Dumb and Dumberer
  • National Lampoon's Vacation
  • Hans Christian Andersen's Thumbelina
  • Man on Fire
  • Mrs. Doubtfire
  • Crocodile Dundee
  • All Dogs Go To Heaven
  • Cast Away
  • Road Trip
  • more in-store

DVD & Blu-ray Sale:
The Departed:

• DVD - $3.99
  • Blu-ray - $7.99
The Town:

• DVD - $7.99
  • Extended Cut Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $12.99
127 Hours:

• DVD - $8.99
  • Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $14.99
Unstoppable:

• DVD - $8.99
  • Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $14.99
The Boondock Saints:

• DVD - $8.99
  • Truth & Justice Edition Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $14.99
The Lincoln Lawyer:

• DVD - $9.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) -$14.99
The King's Speech:

• DVD - $9.99
  • Blu-ray - $14.99
Scream 4:

• DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) -$14.99

$17.99 Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy):

• Captain America: The First Avenger
  • The Change-Up
  • Super 8

$29.99 each OR 2 for $35 Disney Blu-ray Combo Packs:

• Beauty and the Beast
  • Bambi
  • The Fox and the Hound / The Fox and the Hound II
  • Cars
  • Toy Story 3
  • TRON: Legacy

$29.99 Blu-ray 3D:
Free $10 Best Buy Gift Card with the purchase of any 2 of these 3D Combos.
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
  • Shrek
  • Shrek 2
  • Shrek the Third
  • Shrek: The Final Chapter
  • Kung Fu Panda *Best Buy exclusive*

Holiday Movies:
Home Alone Family Fun Edition DVD - $7.99
Miracle on 34th Street DVD - $7.99
Elf:

• DVD - $8.99
  • Blu-ray - $12.99
A Christmas Story:

• DVD - $8.99
  • Blu-ray - $12.99
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation:

• DVD - $8.99
  • Blu-ray - $12.99
Planes, Trains and Automobiles DVD - $9.99
Polar Express Blu-ray - $12.99
Santa Buddies: The Legend of Santa Paws DVD - $14.99
Disney's A Christmas Carol DVD - $14.99
White Christmas DVD - $14.99
The Original Christmas Classics (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer / Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town / Frosty the Snowman / Frosty Returns / Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol / Little Drummer Boy / Cricket on the Hearth) - $19.99
It's A Wonderful Life 2-Disc Set DVD - $19.99

Classic TV Favorites:

• Emergency!: The Final Rescues DVD - $9.99
  • Remington Steele: Seasons 4 & 5 - $9.99 each
  • The Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 6: 1949-1951 DVD - $9.99
  • Galactica 1980 DVD - $9.99
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel Air: Season 6 DVD - $11.99
  • The Bionic Woman: Season 2 DVD - $12.99

TV on DVD and Blu-ray Sale:
The League: The Complete Season Two:

• DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray - $19.99
Randy Orton: The Evolution of a Predator DVD - $14.99
WWE: Greatest Rivalries - Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart DVD - $14.99
WWE: Greatest Superstars of the 21st Century DVD - $14.99
Community: The Complete First Season DVD - $14.99
Community: The Complete Second Season DVD - $19.99
Parenthood: Season 2 DVD - $19.99
The Cleveland Show: The Complete Season Two DVD - $19.99
How I Met Your Mother: Season 6 DVD - $24.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season 6:

• DVD - $24.99
  • Blu-ray - $29.99
House, M.D.: Season Seven:

• DVD - $29.99
  • Blu-ray - $29.99
Band of Brothers / The Pacific Special Edition Gift Set:

• DVD - $89.99
  • Blu-ray - $100
Free $20 Best Buy Gift Card with purchase of Band of Brothers / The Pacific Special Edition Gift Set on Blu-ray. Offer valid until 12/10/11.
Free Best Buy Gift Card
Get a $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 on Blu-ray titles
OR
Get a $20 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 on Blu-ray titles
Offer valid from 11/27 - 12/10/11 and excludes music Blu-ray titles. Gift card is good toward a future purchase. $20 maximum gift card award value. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Online offer may vary.

Thanks again Annie Chu of examiner.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Carp, didn't know the first Kung Fu Panda was being released in 3D. I was waiting on KFP2 on the 13th with my $30 RZ certificate. Looks like I'll be spending it next Tuesday instead, and paying cash for KFP2. All these 3D releases are killing me...

Was really hoping for a $17.99 or better price on Cowboys and Aliens blu. I really liked it and want to see it again.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Carp, didn't know the first Kung Fu Panda was being released in 3D. I was waiting on KFP2 on the 13th with my $30 RZ certificate. Looks like I'll be spending it next Tuesday instead, and paying cash for KFP2. All these 3D releases are killing me...[/QUOTE]I would wait on reviews of KPF in 3D before dropping a RZ cert on it, just to be safe.

Anyone know if BB would let you use both deals at one's
Get a $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 on Blu-ray titles and the

$29.99 Blu-ray 3D:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek: The Final Chapter
Kung Fu Panda *Best Buy exclusive* deal and also is HP DH part 2 also 29.99 or is it 24.99

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Carp, didn't know the first Kung Fu Panda was being released in 3D. I was waiting on KFP2 on the 13th with my $30 RZ certificate. Looks like I'll be spending it next Tuesday instead, and paying cash for KFP2. All these 3D releases are killing me...[/QUOTE]

Where do you plan to get Kung Fu Panda 2 3D's release? Read that it's unfortunately another Samsung exclusive.

Anyone know what the price of the 2011 World Series Blu-Ray will be in-store? Is $16 from Amazon going to be the best offer?

Anyone know if they were forced to change the tattoo in The Hangover 2? I remember hearing that the tattoo artist had filed a lawsuit to get money or it changed but I don't know what the outcome was.

OP, is the DC that comes included with the hangover 2 an ultraviolet? Everyone else seems to list it as so...if it isn't then I'll pick this up at BB otherwise I'm skipping it altogether.

[quote name='Ed_']OP, is the DC that comes included with the hangover 2 an ultraviolet? Everyone else seems to list it as so...if it isn't then I'll pick this up at BB otherwise I'm skipping it altogether.[/QUOTE]
It's a Warner Bros. movie, so it's probably UV.

[quote name='sendme']Anyone know if they were forced to change the tattoo in The Hangover 2? I remember hearing that the tattoo artist had filed a lawsuit to get money or it changed but I don't know what the outcome was.[/QUOTE]

It was settled.

M

[quote name='starmask2k3']Anyone know if BB would let you use both deals at one's
Get a $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 on Blu-ray titles and the

$29.99 Blu-ray 3D:

Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Kung Fu Panda *Best Buy exclusive* deal and also is HP DH part 2 also 29.99 or is it 24.99[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if u can or not

[quote name='Keen314']It's a Warner Bros. movie, so it's probably UV.[/QUOTE]

All the studio's are doing UV now. There are only a few that aren't doing Disney being one of them. Come next year every major studio will support the stupid format, all but Disney.

[quote name='neoz']All the studio's are doing UV now. There are only a few that aren't doing Disney being one of them. Come next year every major studio will support the stupid format, all but Disney.[/QUOTE]
Good to know, all the movies I'd seen with it were WB flicks. Guess it's time to order a blu-ray drive for my computer so I can start ripping and transcoding. Dammit.

[quote name='keen314']good to know, all the movies i'd seen with it were wb flicks. Guess it's time to order a blu-ray drive for my computer so i can start ripping and transcoding. Dammit.[/quote]

+1.

[quote name='starmask2k3']Anyone know if u can or not[/QUOTE]

Look down at the Band of Brothers/Pacific set. Costs $100 and comes with a $20 gift card. So I am guessing they are just advertising the promotion that is already going on. I would think you would get one gift card, maybe if you complain enough you might get two.

In case anyone is interested Camelot the first season is $29.99 and Sound of Music Limited Collectors set is $39.99.

If you subtract the coupons for both 69.98 - $5 - $10 = $54.98 then subtract the gift card amount - $10 it is like getting these two blu's for $22.50 a piece. That is cheaper than they've ever been according to blu-ray.com.

M

is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 part of the

Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Kung Fu Panda *Best Buy exclusive*

deal because in the ad it only says Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 not both and are they all 29.99

[quote name='Mikerocosms']In case anyone is interested Camelot the first season is $29.99 and Sound of Music Limited Collectors set is $39.99.

If you subtract the coupons for both 69.98 - $5 - $10 = $54.98 then subtract the gift card amount - $10 it is like getting these two blu's for $22.50 a piece. That is cheaper than they've ever been according to blu-ray.com.

M[/QUOTE]

Where do the $5 and $10 coupons originate from? I know the second $10 is for spending over $50 in blu.

Thanks!

[quote name='Havokscry']Where do the $5 and $10 coupons originate from? I know the second $10 is for spending over $50 in blu.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Both are at coupons.com

$5 off Camelot
$10 off Sound of Music

M

Somebody fill me in on the UV thing. Is it just to avoid ITunes? Only UV code I have is the one I got from Gamestop for Batman: Gotham Knight. It only plays on the Flixter app, right?

Also did BB stop selling real sports movies? Went to the one by work and the sports section was nothing but the 30 for 30 sets, UFC, and WWE. I guess I'll have to get the 2011 WS Blu-Ray from Amazon if BB doesn't sell it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Somebody fill me in on the UV thing. Is it just to avoid ITunes? Only UV code I have is the one I got from Gamestop for Batman: Gotham Knight. It only plays on the Flixter app, right?

Also did BB stop selling real sports movies? Went to the one by work and the sports section was nothing but the 30 for 30 sets, UFC, and WWE. I guess I'll have to get the 2011 WS Blu-Ray from Amazon if BB doesn't sell it.[/QUOTE]The UV digital copy is to have it be more readily available to other devices than just iPods or PSPs. It's streaming, so anything with a browser or Flixster app should be able to use it. Supposedly will scale up quality-wise to whatever you're viewing it with and your connection speed.

Personally, if you have the DVD, the digital copy is irrelevant.

[quote name='shrike4242']The UV digital copy is to have it be more readily available to other devices than just iPods or PSPs. It's streaming, so anything with a browser or Flixster app should be able to use it. Supposedly will scale up quality-wise to whatever you're viewing it with and your connection speed.

Personally, if you have the DVD, the digital copy is irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

Sadly not everyone knows how to use programs such as Handbrake and such. They just want to hit a button and within seconds whatever show they want to watch will start. So yeah stuff like UV works for them.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Sadly not everyone knows how to use programs such as Handbrake and such. They just want to hit a button and within seconds whatever show they want to watch will start. So yeah stuff like UV works for them.[/QUOTE]There's programs out there that are push-button simple to do for DVD extracting to your own digital copy, as well as Blu-Ray to digital copy as well. Handbrake just makes it cheap to do it, though cheap and easy don't always go hand-in-hand.

The only thing I can see being better with the UV DC over a "normal" digital copy is that it's not locked to a single platform like numerous ones were in the past and still currently.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's programs out there that are push-button simple to do for DVD extracting to your own digital copy, as well as Blu-Ray to digital copy as well. Handbrake just makes it cheap to do it, though cheap and easy don't always go hand-in-hand.

The only thing I can see being better with the UV DC over a "normal" digital copy is that it's not locked to a single platform like numerous ones were in the past and still currently.[/QUOTE]

I wish they had it were u put the digital copy disc in to your ps3 and u can download it to the ps3 I think that's the best way

[quote name='Demolition Man']Sadly not everyone knows how to use programs such as Handbrake and such. They just want to hit a button and within seconds whatever show they want to watch will start. So yeah stuff like UV works for them.[/QUOTE]

Most people don't know what Handbrake is. But then again, how many of you that DO know what Handbrake is and whatnot, do you actually watch digital copies of movies? I stream them sometimes on my TV, but I can count on my hand the number of movies I've watched on an iPod.

[quote name='starmask2k3']It's Kung Fu Panda 2 - Best Buy Exclusive not part 1 on the website its 34.99 is that right
http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=3869236&pid=2315547&ev=prodView

Edit called Bestbuy there's part 1 (29.99)and part 2 (34.99)[/QUOTE]

3D Kung Fu Panda 1 and 3D Kung Fu Panda 2 are both Best Buy Exclusives.

Part 1 just came out this week.

Part 2 comes out next week. The 2 3D's for $10 GC work with this and Fright Night 3D on BB.com

NINJA EDIT: Saw your edit, post my post :(

[quote name='philmcfly']3D Kung Fu Panda 1 and 3D Kung Fu Panda 2 are both Best Buy Exclusives.

Part 1 just came out this week.

Part 2 comes out next week. The 2 3D's for $10 GC work with this and Fright Night 3D on BB.com

NINJA EDIT: Saw your edit, post my post :([/QUOTE]

I only find part 2 on 3D couldn't find part 1 on 3D on the BB.com did u :lol:

[quote name='Mikerocosms']In case anyone is interested Camelot the first season is $29.99 and Sound of Music Limited Collectors set is $39.99.

M[/QUOTE]

If I purchased Sound of Music Limited Collectors set for $39.99, applied the $10 coupon and bought another bluray for $10.99 (like Green Mile), would I still be eligible for the $10 gift card? Would applying the $10 coupon pushing it below $50 cause a problem?

[quote name='consoleman']If I purchased Sound of Music Limited Collectors set for $39.99, applied the $10 coupon and bought another bluray for $10.99 (like Green Mile), would I still be eligible for the $10 gift card? Would applying the $10 coupon pushing it below $50 cause a problem?[/QUOTE]

No you should be fine as long as your sale price is over $50. The coupon is considered a payment and will not reflect negatively towards your gift card.

M

When I got my order the register rang up for the free GC before I even paid. Then I handed over my two coupons and paid the rest with my card.

M

bread's done
Back