Best Buy Ad 2/4-2/10

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases:

• :3ds: Nintendo Selects: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds $19.99 (Available Monday)
  • :3ds: Nintendo Selects: Super Mario 3D Land $19.99 (Available Monday)
  • :3ds: Nintendo Selects: Ultimate NES Remix $19.99 (Available Monday)
  • :ps4: Shadow Of The Colossus $39.99 (Available Tuesday)
  • :switch: Dragon Quest Builders $49.99 (Available Friday)
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: Assassin's Creed Origins $39.99 Save $20
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: FIFA 18 $39.99 Save $20
  • :xb1: :ps4: Call of Duty WWII $49.99 Save $10
Everything Else:

• Save $10 on select Xbox One Controllers with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on a Controller and Stereo Headset with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on 3 or 6 Months of Xbox Live with purchase of an Xbox One Controller
  • Save 10%-30% on select Gaming collectibles
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Batman: Gotham by Gaslight $16.99 Save $3
  • Batman: Gotham by Gaslight Only @ BB Limited Edition Giftset $22.99 Save $2
  • Batman: Gotham by Gaslight 4K $27.99 Save $2
  • A Bad Moms Christmas $19.99 Save $3
  • Day of the Dead: Bloodline $14.99 Save $3
  • Only the Brave $19.99 Save $5
  • Suburbicon $19.99 Save $8
  • Homeland: Season Six $34.99

Last edited by a moderator:
My GCU runs out on the 5th and I have zero desire to renew it.
There is no benefit to renew. Unless they announce they are raising the price which I doubt.

The last time mine ran out, I waited like 2 months when there was something to buy to start again.

I love GCU but the lack of pre-order $10 bonuses compared to a few years ago, kind of devalues it a bit.

There is no benefit to renew. Unless they announce they are raising the price which I doubt.

The last time mine ran out, I waited like 2 months when there was something to buy to start again.

I love GCU but the lack of pre-order $10 bonuses compared to a few years ago, kind of devalues it a bit.
Gcu isn’t what gives the preorder bonus. Also it always slows down this time of year. Every year people freak out and expect it to end. It doesn’t pick up till right before and during e3. Like every year, the only games in the promo currently are games that got pushed back.

That's pretty much always the way I've ran with it... when my GCU expires, I don't bother renewing it until I know I'm going to be making $150 worth of purchases, in which case it pays for itself on that purchase.

Time to dust off the 3DS. If only Samus was $24 GCU. It’s hard to keep a system up and running when you’ve only got one thing to play on it. Like Zelda last year with Wii U, couldn’t spare the HDMI slot it’d take up.
It's funny you mention that. I had to dig out an Hdmi switch just so I could play BotW DLC on Wii U. But now I'm going through amazing games I didn't finish like Dkc tropical freeze

Was hoping to get Yakuza 0 soon , noticed there was sale barely a week ago and now BB doesnt even sell the game anymore >_>.

Trying to get one and it just gives me an error Sorry, your order includes items that are excluded from that promotional code. The promo code has not been applied.
Sorry, you have to buy in store.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ve been wanting a second dock and didn’t know there was a low cost alternative. I’m gonna give it a shot!
Be careful with 3rd party docks. The Nyko one broke the USB port on my Switch. They did however fix it for me. I just had Nintendo fix it, but Nyko offered to buy me a new console. They also sent me a new dock and $50 credit for their online store. I didn’t want to lose my game saves(100+ hrs in MARIO & Zelda).

Bestbuy TIVs ain’t that good anymore, PayPal e gift cards are dead, can’t flip/move credit as much anymore, yeah it’s not as worth it as before

Was hoping to get Yakuza 0 soon , noticed there was sale barely a week ago and now BB doesnt even sell the game anymore >_>.
Around the Holiday it was on sale, but it really hasn't been on sale since. It's an amazing game though and I recommend picking it up when you can before it goes out of print.

I want to get A Link Between Worlds too.

Still shows up as "Coming Soon" on the website with a release date of 2/11.

Did I miss it go up online?
I don't know why Nintendo gave these a weird Monday street date. My stores delivery of the 3 new selects isn't coming until Friday. :whistle2:k

Can't tell what the batman Gotham by gaslight giftset is.
195033_front.jpg

I don't know why Nintendo gave these a weird Monday street date. My stores delivery of the 3 new selects isn't coming until Friday. :whistle2:k

195033_front.jpg
Thanks, if I can't get the steel book from target. I will try to get that version. Would be nice to have the book with it.

How many people besides me still haven't received their codes yet? I just called again for like the 5th time since January 14th when it started and kept being told to "check your email, and we are still working on it. Have a nice day bye"

SOTC Special Edition coming out tomorrow, and my order still hasn't shipped. Am I getting shafted?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Can't comment for sure, but seems like the demand for this SE is higher than anticipated so I doubt any stores will have extras let alone enough to cover all the pre-orders in some cases. I hope you get your copy and hope that I can get a copy myself since I missed pre-ordering, if I can't I luckily have some options. SotC is one of my top 3 favourite games of all time and I really want to frame the map that comes with that SE.

Can't comment for sure, but seems like the demand for this SE is higher than anticipated so I doubt any stores will have extras let alone enough to cover all the pre-orders in some cases. I hope you get your copy and hope that I can get a copy myself since I missed pre-ordering, if I can't I luckily have some options. SotC is one of my top 3 favourite games of all time and I really want to frame the map that comes with that SE.
Wario64 tweeted Newegg taking preorder for the SE again earlier, prob gone by now

Thanks, if I can't get the steel book from target. I will try to get that version. Would be nice to have the book with it.

How many people besides me still haven't received their codes yet? I just called again for like the 5th time since January 14th when it started and kept being told to "check your email, and we are still working on it. Have a nice day bye"
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy-com/Re-Store-Pickup-Promo-10-Credit/m-p/1116280#M61340

I PMed this mod with my 3 order numbers and they are sending me a $30 giftcard since the codes never came.

Why is this $40 Samsung 32gb microSD card on the front page? The same card is $27 on Amazon. And anyway 32gb cards with performance as good as the Switch can utilize can be found easily in the $12 range. 

It looks to be sold out just about everywhere. It's already being sold for $100 or more on eBay too. :bomb:
It's like Sony doesn't like money, I really don't get it. The CE was my only incentive to buy day one, otherwise I'm waiting until this thing hits $15 on psn.

This whole SotC SE being OOS is ridiculous. I thought only Nintendo employed such practices of creating artificial shortages. I think the item's been unavailable to order from BB since it was listed. The window to pre-order must have been incredibly short because I swear I tried to do so once the contents of the SE were revealed. I'll take my chances and see if my store has any copies after work. Highly unlikely but I refuse to buy it from GameStop.

This whole SotC SE being OOS is ridiculous. I thought only Nintendo employed such practices of creating artificial shortages. I think the item's been unavailable to order from BB since it was listed. The window to pre-order must have been incredibly short because I swear I tried to do so once the contents of the SE were revealed. I'll take my chances and see if my store has any copies after work. Highly unlikely but I refuse to buy it from GameStop.
I tried to pre-order it about a month ago and couldn't. It is possible that they put more out though, I still see Xenoblade Chronicles 2 CEs in regards to Nintendo as well.

It did popped up for preorder every now and then, first time was when BBY send out those $10 saving code, last time it ever opened for preordered was Jan 26th (that is when I preordered). What pissed me off is if they didn't have enough inventory, they shouldn't open the listing for preorder. Missed the last boat with Newegg preorder (yesterday) because of this mess

It did popped up for preorder every now and then, first time was when BBY send out those $10 saving code, last time it ever opened for preordered was Jan 26th (that is when I preordered). What pissed me off is if they didn't have enough inventory, they shouldn't open the listing for preorder. Missed the last boat with Newegg preorder (yesterday) because of this mess

That sucks. I felt the same way about the Monster Hunter steelbook issue a few weeks ago. Luckily I ended up getting one a week later when my store got more in, but still sucks they didn't have enough to cover all the pre-orders.

That sucks. I felt the same way about the Monster Hunter steelbook issue a few weeks ago. Luckily I ended up getting one a week later when my store got more in, but still sucks they didn't have enough to cover all the pre-orders.
Are they for sale individually or to cover missed pre-order?

Are they for sale individually or to cover missed pre-order?

My Target has about 4-5 Xenoblade 2 CEs. I doubt they are all missed pre-orders because I just noticed them a few weeks ago. I also recently saw a couple along with the Fire Emblem Warriors SE at Best Buy.

My Target has about 4-5 Xenoblade 2 CEs. I doubt they are all missed pre-orders because I just noticed them a few weeks ago. I also recently saw a couple along with the Fire Emblem Warriors SE at Best Buy.
I asked about the MHW steels lol

I noticed this morning that Bestbuy dropped the regular edition of Super Mario 3D Land to $19.99.

$19.99 ($15.99 GCU)
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/super-mario-3d-land-nintendo-3ds/2809399.p?skuId=2809399

I know this is going to be the new price with the Nintendo Selects version being released on Sunday, but it’s great for anyone that wants to get it early.

I personally would much rather have the original artwork anyway. So for anyone else that feels the same way this is a good time to get it.

I’m so sad I won’t be able to get the SE edition of Shadow of the Colossus : (. Target and Walmart don’t carry them? What are the odds of GameStop or Best Buy getting any more in at some point?

I’m so sad I won’t be able to get the SE edition of Shadow of the Colossus : (. Target and Walmart don’t carry them? What are the odds of GameStop or Best Buy getting any more in at some point?
IMO, I doubt it will stay out of stock. Search by location on Gamestop, some stores seem to still have some in stock.

They're going for around $100 on the resale market. If you believe in the efficient market hypothesis, then no there's probably not going to be much more coming in stock.

They're going for around $100 on the resale market. If you believe in the efficient market hypothesis, then no there's probably not going to be much more coming in stock.

They are called "special", after all, it's not like they didn't warn you. Could have pre-ordered. I frankly feel that this was rather predictable.
Every time I checked on Best Buy’s website it said ‘Coming Soon’ with no option to pre-order (I checked probably 20 times on 20 separate occasions beginning pretty close to when it was announced). It wasn’t like I had months of the thing being easy to preorder at Best Buy.

The closest GameStop that says it still has one is like 65 miles away, might as well buy it at a $100 based on gas and time spent.

Never put one past "S" to short supply on a desired item and reap all the benefits.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

What benefits are they "reaping" from selling fewer of these, exactly? 

It's a limited edition. The whole point is for quantities to be limited. It's for the benefit of collectors. The greedy thing for Sony to do would be for them to decided to make tons of these, so they'd make more money but it wouldn't be a true limited edition and would have no real collector's value. 

What benefits are they "reaping" from selling fewer of these, exactly?

It's a limited edition. The whole point is for quantities to be limited. It's for the benefit of collectors. The greedy thing for Sony to do would be for them to decided to make tons of these, so they'd make more money but it wouldn't be a true limited edition and would have no real collector's value.
Are you for real? There's limited and then there's "What in the actual fuck!? This is definitely a "What in the actual fuck" situation.

The fact that I woke up and drove to the store as soon as they opened on release day should've been enough to secure a copy. The fact you basically had to pre-order to get it is fucking bullshit!

No luck at my Best Buy. I’m going to remain optimistic and hope Sony prints a few more copies. If anything, I’ll just give up and wait for BF for the vanilla game to go on sale.

No luck at my Best Buy. I’m going to remain optimistic and hope Sony prints a few more copies. If anything, I’ll just give up and wait for BF for the vanilla game to go on sale.
you’re talking about SoTC?

Just buy it. It’s alrrady $40, $32 with GCU if you have it. It’s worth every penny at $50-$60, let alone $40. At the most you’ll save $20 maybe on Black Friday

SotC had a ridiculously long period of selling well on ps2 so I doubt it goes on sale often before the holidays imo. Wait on sale if you want but it’s 100% worth it

Seems like the Sea of Thieves XB1 controller is shipping from at least the Microsoft store already. Is there some reason BB isn’t shipping them out until next week? Does anyone know why? Thx.

I actually just ordered the SE edition of SOTC about 5 minutes ago from Amazon at $50 but it is out of stock currently. What are the odds I’ll actually get a copy lol?

So if you wanted it, why did you not pre order?
To be fair the pre-order window for the SE wasn't big. I tried to pre-order it a month ago at Best Buy and it was unable to.

I actually just ordered the SE edition of SOTC about 5 minutes ago from Amazon at $50 but it is out of stock currently. What are the odds I’ll actually get a copy lol?
Chances are slim, at least of getting it within the next week. From what I have gathered outside of online orders most stores didn't have many pre-orders, to begin with on the SE and no one got extras outside of the pre-orders. The Gamestop by my house said they got one for a pre-order and didn't receive additional and they don't have any shipping to them currently either.

I think Sony underestimated how popular the SE would be and considering that it's such a cheap SE I could see more being printed.

To be fair the pre-order window for the SE wasn't big. I tried to pre-order it a month ago at Best Buy and it was unable to.

Chances are slim, at least of getting it within the next week. From what I have gathered outside of online orders most stores didn't have many pre-orders, to begin with on the SE and no one got extras outside of the pre-orders. The Gamestop by my house said they got one for a pre-order and didn't receive additional and they don't have any shipping to them currently either.

I think Sony underestimated how popular the SE would be and considering that it's such a cheap SE I could see more being printed.
It came back in stock today at gamestop as well. Its always rare to find anything at Gamestop on release since they always seem to have 1 sent to every store. Which I feel like they try to create fake scarce hype for games to make it seem like its rare. This will most likely keep popping in and out of stock on Amazon and Gamestop.

bread's done
Back