Best Buy Ad (3/27-4/2)

Josh5890

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
Tangled:
Blu-ray Combo Pack (BD+DVD) - $19.99
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (BD 3D, BD, DVD and DC) - $29.99

FREE Pascal plush toy when you buy any Tangled Blu-ray Combo Pack or Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack.

Black Swan:
Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $22.99

Buy Black Swan on DVD and save $5 on the following DVD titles priced at $19.99 each: Love & Other Drugs, 127 Hours or Unstoppable.

Buy Black Swan on Blu-ray and save $10 on the following Blu-ray titles priced at $29.99 each: Love & Other Drugs, 127 Hours or Unstoppable.

Mad Men: Season Four: $29.99
Fair Game: $19.99
The Ten Commandments: $22.99
Evangelion: 2.22 You Can [Not] Advance: $19.99

IMAX: Hubble:
Blu-ray Combo Pack (BD+DVD) - $24.99
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (BD 3D, BD, DVD and DC) - $29.99

Shrek: The Final Chapter: $19.99
Megamind: $19.99
How to Train Your Dragon: $19.99

Burlesque (BD+DVD): $17.99

Planet Earth: $24.99
Smallville: The Complete Ninth Season: $24.99
John Adams: $24.99

Thanks to sta8jacket @bluray.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Frogurt.man']Is that John Adams the blu-ray version for 24.99?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The blu-ray version of the HBO series

Target's version of Black Swan has the DVD copy instead of the digital copy, and it's $19.99, not $22.99 for the BD + DVD copy.

Thank you.

Disney and the bad coupon. I'm not buying the 3d version. I hope this ends the 3d only coupons. I want that pascal plush... for the kids.

I'm going to cash in a cert to get it at a reasonable price.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Is Planet Earth ($24.99) a Blu-Ray or a DVD?[/QUOTE]Since the OP is pulling them from a post on BluRay.com, they're BD prices or BD combo pack prices.

Planet Earth is something I think everyone should own if you're into blu-ray. At 24.99, it's an absolute steal. There's something about it that's just so calm and relaxing, it's peaceful and fun at the same time.

[quote name='mr_bungle']..it's peaceful and fun at the same time.[/QUOTE]

haha! I don't think I've ever experienced that before..but is it something you can watch multiple times?

[quote name='dafunkk12']$5 more at Best Buy to get a plush instead of a Golden Book at Target? I think I'll bite.[/QUOTE]

Can't you just price match?

[quote name='RoGo7']Can't you just price match?[/QUOTE]

Usually, Best Buy does not allow price matching and using a coupon at the same time. It's either/or (YMMV though). However, you can buy the chameleon for $7 by itself (assuming your store carries enough).

[quote name='basketb']Usually, Best Buy does not allow price matching and using a coupon at the same time. It's either/or (YMMV though). However, you can buy the chameleon for $7 by itself (assuming your store carries enough).[/QUOTE]

That goes against company policy. The Disney coupon is a form of payment, to BB its like you gave them $10 in cash. You can look at their policy here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...cmcat203400050003&ref=39&CJPID=3594900&loc=01

Best Buy is selling the folllowing TV Shows for 24.99

Life - Oprah version Only
Planet Earth
Supernatural Seasons 1, 4 and 5
Fringe 1 and 2
John Adams
Smallville 8 and 9
Sopranos S6 pts 1 and 2
Terminator Sarah Conners Chronicles Season 2
Chuck Season 3
Big Bang Season 3
Vampire Diaries

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='silentevil']Is this in store or online?[/QUOTE]Must be both. You can check to see if your item is available for in-store pick up.

Damn you, OP. I am about to bite on the Sopranos, but I'm not sure about it. I have all the seasons on DVD and they look great enough with HDMI upscale. I hate you for bringing this to my attention lol

[quote name='BobaFetish']I got excited for Life, then I figured out it's the version that's narrated by Oprah.[/QUOTE]
What's the difference?

[quote name='silentevil'][quote name='BobaFetish']I got excited for Life, then I figured out it's the version that's narrated by Oprah.[/QUOTE]What's the difference?[/QUOTE]

I splash of superiority complex.

M

[quote name='silentevil']What's the difference?[/QUOTE]
There was no reason to record new narration especially when it was David Attenborough. Oprah is a nobody schlub compared to him in the arena of documentaries. Also the Discovery broadcast version is cut for commercials and they made the cut material in to a "new" episode; from a review of the Blu-ray this seems to be the case here too.

The Best Buy website currently has Black Swan listed for $19.99? Is there any difference between the Best Buy version and the Target version OTHER than the fact that the Target version has the DVD too? A different cover or anything that anyone knows of?

[quote name='RichterIX']The Best Buy website currently has Black Swan listed for $19.99? Is there any difference between the Best Buy version and the Target version OTHER than the fact that the Target version has the DVD too? A different cover or anything that anyone knows of?[/QUOTE]

Target has a red slipcover

[quote name='Josh5890']Target has a red slipcover[/QUOTE]Try to read his post next time. He mentions "except a red cover" at least 300 times.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Try to read his post next time. He mentions "except a red cover" at least 300 times.[/QUOTE]
Seems you need to brush up on your reading comprehension (hint: try taking punctuation into account). The poster asking the question explicitly asks whether it has a different cover. So the reply was spot on.

At that price, everybody should buy Fringe, if you enjoy sci-fi. The first season starts a bit slow, but after a couple of episodes it picks up.

[quote name='dakidiznice']Best Buy is selling the folllowing TV Shows for 24.99

Planet Earth
Fringe 1 and 2
John Adams
Smallville 8 and 9
Sopranos S6 pts 1 and 2
Chuck Season 3
Big Bang Season 3
Vampire Diaries[/QUOTE]

Sopranos S6 both part 1 and part 2 for $25? Or $25 for each part? I'm guessing each part...

Tangled Pascal plushie still available on the website.

Seeing as at the beginning of the week I was willing to pay $5 more for the plushie at Best Buy before they lowered their price by $5 (and that the 4-disc I got at Target was lacking their freebie Golden Book), I went ahead and ordered the set online. If I'm incredibly lucky and it arrives by Saturday, then I can still go in-store and do a return-rebuy w/ the coupon.

My Best Buy had Black Swan for 19.99 and the 3D Tangled for 24.99. Rang up at the register like that without me having to ask them to pricematch their own website. The plushies sold out within the first hour. It was cute.

[quote name='dakidiznice']Best Buy is selling the folllowing TV Shows for 24.99

Planet Earth
Fringe 1 and 2
John Adams
Smallville 8 and 9
Sopranos S6 pts 1 and 2
Chuck Season 3
Big Bang Season 3
Vampire Diaries[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton for posting this, I was about to order John Adams but got Fringe season 2 instead on Bluray instead at Best Buy because I had some credit that was about to expire. Hooray for all of that.

bread's done
Back