Best Buy Ad - 6/3/12 - 6/9/12

Taco5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
New Releases coming out Tuesday, June 5, 2012:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/j...-buy-ad-scan-prices-for-dvd-and-blu-ray-deals

Safe House:
  • DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
  • Blu-ray SteelBook Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Act of Valor:
  • DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99 *Best Buy exclusive includes unique packaging and never-before-seen U.S. Navy SEAL footage*
John Carter:
  • DVD - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99
  • Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy - $29.99 ($24.99 after coupon) *Best Buy exclusive includes bonus disc*
Coupon: $5 off John Carter Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island:
  • DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
  • Blu-ray (Movie-Only Edition with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
  • Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $27.99
Machine Gun Preacher:
  • DVD - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $19.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete Fourth Season:
  • DVD - $19.99
  • Blu-ray - $24.99
Bad Ass:
  • DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray - $19.99
Phineas and Ferb: The Perry Files:
  • DVD (includes Digital Copy) - $12.99
Workaholics:
  • Season 2 DVD - $12.99
  • Seasons 1 & 2 Blu-ray - $17.99
The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 2:
  • DVD - $26.99
Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Eighth Season:
  • DVD - $26.99
Falling Skies: The Complete First Season:
  • DVD - $26.99
  • Blu-ray - $34.99
White Collar: The Complete Third Season:
  • DVD - $29.99
Save $10 when you buy both White Collar: Season 3 and Burn Notice: Season 5.
Burn Notice: Season Five:
  • DVD - $34.99
Joe Walsh: Analog Man:
  • Standard Edition CD - $9.99
  • Deluxe Edition with 2 bonus tracks, DVD and T-Shirt - $19.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
The Beatles: Yellow Submarine:
  • DVD - $13.99
  • Blu-ray - $17.99
Available Now:

Journey to the Center of the Earth:
  • DVD - $4.99
  • Blu-ray - $7.99
  • Blu-ray 3D (includes Blu-ray) - $19.99
Adele: Live At The Royal Albert Hall:
  • CD/DVD - $13.99
  • CD/Blu-ray - $19.99
$3.99 DVD:
  • Caddyshack
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Gettysburg
  • Training Day
  • Gods and Generals
  • Gran Torino
$7.99 Blu-ray:
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Hot Tub Time Machine Unrated
  • The Boondock Saints
  • Step Brothers
  • Heat
  • I Am Legend
$9.99 DVD / $12.99 Blu-ray:
  • Limitless Unrated (Blu-ray includes Digital Copy)
  • X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray includes Digital Copy)
  • Fast Five Extended Edition (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • The Change-Up Unrated (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
$12.99 DVD / $17.99 Blu-ray:
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • The Ides of March (Blu-ray includes UltraViolet Digital Copy)
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Blu-ray includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy)
  • Tower Heist Special Edition (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
$9.99 Blu-ray SteelBooks:
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  • The Hangover Part II
  • Batman Begins
Free The Dark Knight movie cash when you purchase Batman Begins or The Dark Knight Blu-ray SteelBook (up to $5 value; offer expires 8/5/12; The Dark Knight Rises in theaters 7/20/12).
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Book of Eli
  • Clash of the Titans (2010)
  • Goodfellas
  • Gran Torino
  • Green Lantern
  • The Hangover
  • Inception
  • The Last Samurai
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
  • The Matrix
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Sucker Punch
  • V for Vendetta
$19.99 TV on Blu-ray:
  • The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season
  • The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fourth Season
  • Fringe: The Complete Second Season
  • Fringe: The Complete Third Season
  • Planet Earth: The Complete Series
  • Smallville: The Complete Ninth Season
  • Smallville: The Complete Tenth Season
THANKS TO ANNIE CHU @ EXAMINER.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
Do only the 2 Batman movies have the cash, or all of the $9.99 steelbooks? I wouldn't rebuy the Batman movies just for the cases, but I might pick up a couple of the others if they have something I want.

[quote name='argyle']Do only the 2 Batman movies have the cash, or all of the $9.99 steelbooks? I wouldn't rebuy the Batman movies just for the cases, but I might pick up a couple of the others if they have something I want.[/QUOTE]

The Batman ones are the only that offer movie cash unfortunately.

[quote name='argyle']Do only the 2 Batman movies have the cash, or all of the $9.99 steelbooks? I wouldn't rebuy the Batman movies just for the cases, but I might pick up a couple of the others if they have something I want.[/QUOTE]The (blurry) fine print at the bottom of the second scan says only the Batman films have the movie cash included.

[quote name='iduncurr']The Batman ones are the only that offer movie cash unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

They're also the only ones with a digital copy.

[quote name='fmwross2']They're also the only ones with a digital copy.[/QUOTE]

I actually forgot about that! I should go redeem them...although surprisingly you can redeem them until 2014.

gah..i own like all of those 9.99 blurays in as regular blurays......except Last Samurai, Shawshank Redemption, Clash of the Titans, and Goodfellas. will probably double dip on the Batmans atleast.

Oh man, I'd buy like 8 or 9 of those movies just for the steelbooks even though I already own the regular copies. Really hoping someone's able to post a pic of what they look like.

[quote name='TheRock88']Oh man, I'd buy like 8 or 9 of those movies just for the steelbooks even though I already own the regular copies. Really hoping someone's able to post a pic of what they look like.[/QUOTE]saw em yesterday they're hella nice. Gonna sell the B/R I already have for them.

I'm only going to get like 2 or 3 at most, Batman Begins, V for Vendetta and maybe Inception (probably not though due to the gimping). There's just too many other deals around and I have to spread what little funds I have. Plus I'm not too fond of some of the other movies or I already own them, and I won't buy a SB just because it's a SB.

So I just bought 6 of these steelbooks tonight,do I go up to the cs desk with my receipt and ask to get a refund? Sorry, it's just that I've never had to do this.

[quote name='Vap']So I just bought 6 of these steelbooks tonight,do I go up to the cs desk with my receipt and ask to get a refund? Sorry, it's just that I've never had to do this.[/QUOTE]

yep, starting Sunday. Just ask for an adjustment because the price was lowered, and they'll give you back the difference

[quote name='ssjmichael']yep, starting Sunday. Just ask for an adjustment because the price was lowered, and they'll give you back the difference[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks. One more question,I don't have to physically bring the blu-rays in,right?

Gonna go pick up some steel-books today and price match Monday, as my store doesn't seem to have a lot of them. My question is, are they all definitely on sale? Cause I clicked on the link with the scans, and it was only like 5 of them pictured.

[quote name='JP73']Gonna go pick up some steel-books today and price match Monday, as my store doesn't seem to have a lot of them. My question is, are they all definitely on sale? Cause I clicked on the link with the scans, and it was only like 5 of them pictured.[/QUOTE]

5 of them are pictures but also says 15 other select titles all on sale.

I wonder with the way it's worded if I can price match the Safe House steelbook 9.99
>_>

[quote name='iduncurr']5 of them are pictures but also says 15 other select titles all on sale.

I wonder with the way it's worded if I can price match the Safe House steelbook 9.99
>_>

[quote name='JP73']I saw that, but how do we know that it is those titles? I just want to make sure, cause like i said, I plan on buying now and then price matching[/QUOTE]

20 steelbooks total

5 pictured
15 others available

You do the math...

Just so everyone knows, I guarantee that they will restock Sunday! If they advertise it then they have to have stock... So my bet is there will be more out on Sunday with the ad

Oh man.

Gonna get my first purchase adjusted and pick up at least three more - Matrix, Book of Eli and Sucker Punch are my main targets, but I will likely grab Batman Begins and Dark Knight as well. Hangover and Hangover II would be my last choice if others are sold out.

[quote name='Taco5']20 steelbooks total

5 pictured
15 others available

You do the math...[/QUOTE]

Ah, well that makes sense. Didn't know there were only 20 steelbooks that they had. Much obliged

[quote name='jason00']Ugh, I wanted to buy Falling Skies season one but $35 is about $10 too much :cry:[/QUOTE]

Target has it for $25, so you could go there or just price match.

I'm confused, has anyone else seen these already out on display? Because I was in store on Tuesday and I saw an endcap with a bunch of these steelbooks. I just didn't buy any because I own pretty much all the movies I already would want on Blu Ray and $10 - whatever I can sell/trade mine for didn't seem worth it for some tin.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'm confused, has anyone else seen these already out on display? Because I was in store on Tuesday and I saw an endcap with a bunch of these steelbooks. I just didn't buy any because I own pretty much all the movies I already would want on Blu Ray and $10 - whatever I can sell/trade mine for didn't seem worth it for some tin.[/QUOTE]

They've been out for a week or a week and a half now. That's why everyone's talking about going back in and getting price adjustments.

[quote name='bestkeeper14']Just so everyone knows, I guarantee that they will restock Sunday! If they advertise it then they have to have stock... So my bet is there will be more out on Sunday with the ad[/QUOTE]

They only have to have an item in stock if the advertisement states no rainchecks. If they will issue a rain check they do not have to have an item in stock to advertise it.

[quote name='bestkeeper14']Just so everyone knows, I guarantee that they will restock Sunday! If they advertise it then they have to have stock... So my bet is there will be more out on Sunday with the ad[/QUOTE]How are you guaranteeing that there will be restocked for Sunday?

Please, do explain, since I'm sure we'd like to know.

[quote name='TheRock88']Oh man, I'd buy like 8 or 9 of those movies just for the steelbooks even though I already own the regular copies. Really hoping someone's able to post a pic of what they look like.[/QUOTE]

20120525-034107.jpg

I bought the two Batmans @ $14.99. Depending on what I'm going to trade in with the 100% bump I may get Hangover 1+2, Inception, V, Goodfellas, and really want The Matrix (looks awesome) but I just traded for the Digibook version with (I believe) the same disc inside (same thing with Shawshank, just traded for that digibook as well).

Surprised no one has mentioned Planet Earth Blu for $20. Such a good series. This (and other BBC docs) are my go to for showing off how awesome Blu ray can be.

[quote name='mpaullin']Surprised no one has mentioned Planet Earth Blu for $20. Such a good series. This (and other BBC docs) are my go to for showing off how awesome Blu ray can be.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely in for Planet Earth, it's time to "upgrade" from my HD-DVD copy.

bread's done
Back