Best Buy Ad 8/17-8/23

Twitter

Banned
save $30 when you buy 2 select ps4 games 

^ shows the following games which are $39.99 each: killzone shadow fail, knack, lego marvel, and nba 2k14

+ more titles in store.

not sure what this deal is, some of these games are already $20 off so don't ask me how its $30 off if you buy 2 or ill hurt you

thats it #twitter #out

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't done this myself, and I appreciate the step by step, but I believe you are mistaken on step 8 - price matched items (MLB) don't get 20% GCU discount.
Actually you do :)

The only reason the price ended up to be 45 ish is because the 2nd game didn't get to be price matched. On my receipt, both items show that i got the GCU discount.

So say I get Infamous and Killzone and I price match killzone with Walmart for $30.10 and then give the cashier Infamous for $60. With this I would get the price match, the $30 0ff, and GCU or does this just work with the other games stated?

I was going to buy Knack & Lego Marvel this Tuesday when I went to pick up Diablo 3. But since Knack is $34 online I decided to purchase through website. $64 after tax for Knack, Lego Marvel, and $30 gift card. Also 10% back in rewards with best buy credit card so I should get at least $6 back. I'll use the $30 gift card on Trials or Rayman Legends once they drop to $24 with gcu essentially getting me 3 PS4 games for under $60.

So say I get Infamous and Killzone and I price match killzone with Walmart for $30.10 and then give the cashier Infamous for $60. With this I would get the price match, the $30 0ff, and GCU or does this just work with the other games stated?
Call for online order, do exactly as you said above and after they adjust price say add a $30 gift card and it should appear for $0

So what games are working with a price match and gamer unlocked discount? Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

As someone said, do 1 game, PM, then do the next.

I farked myself cuz I tried 2 MLBs and 2 NBAs all at once. Greed town. He scanned everything and then attempted the PM and the promos got farked to hell. I buggered out with only 2 games (1 of each) and was ready with a VGC and mover's coupon, but my guy was being surveilled by a Jr. Detective over his shoulder and I knew that'd be asking for a frisk down so I kept the mover's for next time. Next time, baby. 

I was going to buy Knack & Lego Marvel this Tuesday when I went to pick up Diablo 3. But since Knack is $34 online I decided to purchase through website. $64 after tax for Knack, Lego Marvel, and $30 gift card. Also 10% back in rewards with best buy credit card so I should get at least $6 back. I'll use the $30 gift card on Trials or Rayman Legends once they drop to $24 with gcu essentially getting me 3 PS4 games for under $60.
just fyi, Knack is $34 in stores too

As someone said, do 1 game, PM, then do the next.

I farked myself cuz I tried 2 MLBs and 2 NBAs all at once. Greed town. He scanned everything and then attempted the PM and the promos got farked to hell. I buggered out with only 2 games (1 of each) and was ready with a VGC and mover's coupon, but my guy was being surveilled by a Jr. Detective over his shoulder and I knew that'd be asking for a frisk down so I kept the mover's for next time. Next time, baby.
I paid $119 or so for 3 copies of nba, 2 mlbs, and a lego marvel. It was all sorts of crazy.

So is this promo just good for the following games?

Killzone

Knack

LEGO Marvel

Amazing Spiderman 2

MLB 14

NBA 2k14

Infamous

I just got a PS4 and dont really care to flip and will be there to pick up Diablo tomorrow anyway and already got inFamous from CL for cheap and Killzone free with my PS4. Only 3 retail games I want right now are Diablo, TLoU:R and Injustice which none seem to be part of this : /

Between Price Matching and GCU discount, everything gets a bit tricky. So here's what most ppl should do if you wish to flip games from Bestbuy to Gamestop:

1. Purchase 1x MLB and (1x Marvel Lego or 1x NBA 2k14)
2. Bring it up to the register.
3. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR GCU MEMBERSHIP NUMBER UNTIL THE END.
4. LET THEM SCAN THE MLB Game First AND DO NOT LET THEM SCAN THE 2nd ITEM YET.
5. Ask to price match AMAZON before you guys hand them the Marvel Lego Game to scan.
6. Hand them the Mavel Lego game. (At this point, each game should automatically take off additional 15 dollars)
7. At this point, Marvel Lego will not be able to get a price match since the price is already lower than anywhere else and any Pricematching will not work.
8. Give them your GCU membership number and at this point, everything will be discounted an additional 20%.

*2k14 yields you about 2-3 dollars more in total.

Enjoy :)
GCU did not apply to my PM'd copy of MLB. Followed the instructions verbatim and MLB still came up to be $24.88 and NBA $16.99. Oh well. Thanks anyways. Cheap copies of games I wanted! This promo is awesome.

GCU did not apply to my PM'd copy of MLB. Followed the instructions verbatim and MLB still came up to be $24.88 and NBA $16.99. Oh well. Thanks anyways. Cheap copies of games I wanted! This promo is awesome.
Same exact scenario as yours Amazon's NBA 2K14 price is now $34.99, kind of want to try and price match for another $5 off.

Same exact scenario as yours Amazon's NBA 2K14 price is now $34.99, kind of want to try and price match for another $5 off.
But since the after-GCU price ($31.99) is lower than Amazon's price ($34.99), you'd actually be paying more. Despite how this is being phrased, you aren't getting an additional GCU discount after a PM; my receipt from yesterday also shows $24.88 and $16.99 for MLB 14 and NBA 2k14, respectively.

Knack was dirt cheap on amazon I think 23.xx I picked up at target and got 15 off that. But that's expired. On the positive side best buy matches amazon. Price match knack then throw in other game

And I think kill zone is on the list too if so price match gamestop for 20. Don't know if it works but knack (23) + kill zone (20) =43 -30 off. 13 for 2 games. Worth a shot

But since the after-GCU price ($31.99) is lower than Amazon's price ($34.99), you'd actually be paying more. Despite how this is being phrased, you aren't getting an additional GCU discount after a PM; my receipt from yesterday also shows $24.88 and $16.99 for MLB 14 and NBA 2k14, respectively.
Thanks for the clarification. The other member made it sound like it would stack.

Both Infamous and Killzone are on sale at Gamestop for $40 and $20, respectively, for anyone interested in price matching.

Picked up MLB 14 and NBA 2K14 for $45, then traded in NBA 2K14 at GameStop for $22, ended up paying $23 for MLB 14.

Current TIV at GameStop on that is $30 but I am actually interested in playing it so I'll check it out for a few days at least before deciding whether or not to keep it long term.

Pretty tempted to go back and PM Infamous and Killzone to GameStop if I could end up getting those two together for around $30 total.

Grabbed Killzone and Lego Marvel for $4.99 and $16.99, respectively. Cashier scanned marvel first and then Killzone without the pricematch so the prices showed $24.99 each. Made me think it wasn't going to work, but luckily dude was cool about it and the system didn't throw up any errors after the pricematch/GCU. Was $55 after tax for those two and a Watch Dogs price match to Sams Club. May go back for Infamous and Knack.

Grabbed Killzone and Lego Marvel for $4.99 and $16.99, respectively. Cashier scanned marvel first and then Killzone without the pricematch so the prices showed $24.99 each. Made me think it wasn't going to work, but luckily dude was cool about it and the system didn't throw up any errors after the pricematch/GCU. Was $55 after tax for those two and a Watch Dogs price match to Sams Club. May go back for Infamous and Knack.
How did you get Lego Marvel for $4.99?

I matched Killzone to $19.99 at GS, so minus half of the $30 off from the BBY promo = $4.99, Lego Marvel shows on my receipt as $16.99, $31.99 after GCU minus the other half of the $30 promo.
I'm going to try Infamous and Knack on my way home. I want to get the process straight cause I want to get pricematch + GCU. You give them one game to PM then give them the other game. After that you give them your Rewards info. Is this the process you used?

U get gcu on the game that's not pricematched. It looks like u get it on the receipt because it shows what u would have got with the gcu discount before the pricematch

Anyone know the cheapest place to pm knack right now? Or is GCU the cheapest?

Picked up MLB 14 and NBA 2K14 for $45, then traded in NBA 2K14 at GameStop for $22, ended up paying $23 for MLB 14.

Current TIV at GameStop on that is $30 but I am actually interested in playing it so I'll check it out for a few days at least before deciding whether or not to keep it long term.

Pretty tempted to go back and PM Infamous and Killzone to GameStop if I could end up getting those two together for around $30 total.
Did you pricematched those games to another retailer and Did you still get the $30 gift card?

in store you don't get a GC you get a flat $30 discount

GCU + PM matching is a huge ymmv and i think most people who are posting about it are just reading their receipt wrong and not actually getting the GCU discount.  The register should auto strip the GCU discount if a PM occurs, maybe sometimes a cashier is doing the PM the wrong way and thats why it happens for a few rare people

in store you don't get a GC you get a flat $30 discount

GCU + PM matching is a huge ymmv and i think most people who are posting about it are just reading their receipt wrong and not actually getting the GCU discount. The register should auto strip the GCU discount if a PM occurs, maybe sometimes a cashier is doing the PM the wrong way and thats why it happens for a few rare people
Probably just reading it wrong. If you look, you do get the GCU. But before the PM. A PM just subtracts the discount from the GCU price. So if MLB is $59.99, it's $47.99 with GCU, the PM takes $8.11 off that price to get the $39.88 price amazon has.

Can anyone confirm if the Madden 25 trade-in deal from last week is still active or is it dead now?

Can anyone confirm if the Madden 25 trade-in deal from last week is still active or is it dead now?
The deal will work until 8/23. I believe.

That's a great deal for Madden; I had no plans of buying Madden this year, but for 12.99 (47.99 w/ GCU - 35 for the trade in) I'll give it another shot.

Did you pricematched those games to another retailer and Did you still get the $30 gift card?
Yes, both were matched to Amazon and I got the $30 taken off the in-store purchase price.

MLB 14's going back to GameStop today for me, decided it's not my cup of tea and I have too much else to play to pass up the $15-20 profit on it.

The deal will work until 8/23. I believe.

That's a great deal for Madden; I had no plans of buying Madden this year, but for 12.99 (47.99 w/ GCU - 35 for the trade in) I'll give it another shot.
Plus $10 back for preordering it

Can you price match 2 games in one trans and still get the $30 off?  I understand no GCU applied.  But PM'ing ASM2 and MLB to $40 each and getting $30 off comes out to $50 + tax for both.  Hell of a deal considering what they'll both trade for next week at GS or even just to play them.  

bread's done
Back