Best Buy Ad 8/17-8/23

Twitter

Banned
save $30 when you buy 2 select ps4 games 

^ shows the following games which are $39.99 each: killzone shadow fail, knack, lego marvel, and nba 2k14

+ more titles in store.

not sure what this deal is, some of these games are already $20 off so don't ask me how its $30 off if you buy 2 or ill hurt you

thats it #twitter #out

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty satisfied w/ my Trip to best buy. Picked up the following w/ price matches to gamestop.

Knack $8.64
Killzone $3.54
Infamous second son $24.99
Mlb 14 the show $24.87

All except knack, were PM to Gamestop in addition to the $15 otf each game w/ no problems.

[quote name="xdavidx999" post="12022509" timestamp="1408491935"]Pretty satisfied w/ my Trip to best buy. Picked up the following w/ price matches to gamestop.

Knack $8.64
Killzone $3.54
Infamous second son $24.99
Mlb 14 the show $24.87

All except knack, were PM to Gamestop in addition to the $15 otf each game w/ no problems.[/quote]how do you get knack and kill zone for so cheap?

I forgot to mention I had a $5 certificate that I applied to knack and killzone.

Went back to pick up nba 2k14 and legos marvel and a laptop for the wifey. Games came out to $13.67 each. I used the 10% off movers coupon as well and looks like it worked for entire purchase.

how do you get knack and kill zone for so cheap?
Knack $33.99-6.80 GCU discount-$15.00 game bundle discount-3.55 reward certificate= $8.64

Killzone $39.99- $8.00 GCU discount-$12.00 price match-$15.00 video game bundle- $1.45 reward certificate= $3.54

Looking at getting inFamous Second Son and The Last of Us: Remastered. So I can price match both and will get $30 off the transaction (not a gift card).

So price match inFamous: SS to Gamestop or Amazon for $40 w/ TLOU regular price. Comes out to $60.

Um TLOU isn't part of the $30 promo?

its Killzone, Knack, Lego Marvel, NBA 2k14, MLB 14, Amazing Spiderman 2, and Infamous SS

must buy two of the above, get $30 off the combo after PM or GCU

Is it possible to price match 2 of the listed games, and still get the GCU + $30 discount off? From reading the previous post, it looks like people are just price matching 1 (the highest cost item) and paying regular price for the 2nd item to get the discount. Wanted to see if someone can confirm if the discount goes through on 2 price matched items w/ GCU + $30 off.

Thank you Deader2818. So with people only price matching 1 of the 2 game, I assume the non-price match item does get the GCU discount w/ the $30 off?

Still working?

I would like to get Infamous and ... something else.

So essentially I have them scan both games...THEN price match?

Edit: still works. Got infamous and knack. Lady did the Pm then realized it and was like "oh guess I should have looked at that before...whatever"

I PM'd inFAMOUS and Killzone to GS but somehow did not get the $30 taken off even though a $30 promo showed on the receipt.

Don't know if the guy did some sort of manual cancel on it.. I didn't notice until I got out to my car because I had included a few other things with my purchase.

Oh well, will be taking them back tomorrow I guess.

Anyone get a $30 gift card(s) that were not activated? I actually got quite a few that were not but some were. BBY back office said to wait 24 hours. Not sure why that would work when some gift cards are functioning. Can't tell yet if this is widespread staff incompetence or system incompetence.

Looking at getting inFamous Second Son and The Last of Us: Remastered. So I can price match both and will get $30 off the transaction (not a gift card).

So price match inFamous: SS to Gamestop or Amazon for $40 w/ TLOU regular price. Comes out to $60.
Is Last of Us eligible for this deal?

So you guys are saying I can price match mlb the show and infamous 2nd son to amazon 40 each. Then the 30 will still work or ymmv depending on the cashier?

Awesome deal.

Ordered Killzone PMd @GS for $20

Knack was $27.19

$47.XX

Used $25 free credit from ISIS/Amex Serve

Used deal for $15 credit on $40 transaction or more.

Got $30 gift card

So paid like $7 for the 2 games and $30 giftcard

I want to try this today. So walk me through this - I'm an idiot.

If the computer automatically takes the $30 off when the second game is scanned, wouldn't price matching the second game afterwards then screw that up?

I want to try this today. So walk me through this - I'm an idiot.

If the computer automatically takes the $30 off when the second game is scanned, wouldn't price matching the second game afterwards then screw that up?
Scan game 1, price match, scan game 2, discount.

Do an in store pickup order over the phone to ensure it will go smoothly

Scan game 1, price match, scan game 2, discount.

Do an in store pickup order over the phone to ensure it will go smoothly
ok so when do i price match game 2? after the discount?

so i can call, have them price match both games (infamous & spiderman) to a total of $80, & when I go in to pay it will automatically be down to $50?

well that was a miserable failure. called on the phone, they would only let me do gift card, not $30 off. Went into the store they wouldn't let me price match. Had my gf try it in terre haute indiana & same problem

You never want to bring any ymmv situation to light. Just let the register and coupons and whatever else work as it's setup to.

The second you inject human interaction into it is when you no longer have any control of the situation. And that's knowing you have very little control to begin with.

Treat all deals like it's supposed to be in your favor and it may turn out so.

Got killzone for $5 and Knack for $19. Just got a PS4 today so it's a good start to a colledtion.

The cashier rung up Kz first and price matched it to Gamestop for $20. She then rang up Knack ($33.99) and the machine took $15 off both. I was going to pm amazon for knack, but the lowered price was cheaper so it wouldn't let her.

Never understood why people continually go up to a csr and ask if they can stack deals. Of course the answer is no. Just do it and if they catch it then they catch it, if they don't then they don't and you win.

Never understood why people continually go up to a csr and ask if they can stack deals. Of course the answer is no. Just do it and if they catch it then they catch it, if they don't then they don't and you win.
My store caught it as soon as it scanned & the girl caused a big scene

Cashier girl put my GCU on the first transaction. I told her to void it and start over cause she got confused why I would want to PM with the GCU and and bundle discount. Pmed Infamous 2nd son at gamestop for 39.99(gamestop) and then KZ shadowfall for 19.99(gamestop). The $30 off then appeared and knocked KZ to 4.99 and Infamous to 24.99. She then brought over a manager to see if the transaction was okay. The manager asked why I received this many discounts and I told him that it was in the ad for buying two select games. he then said okay and I was on my way. I really hope the next time I get a VGC with movers coupon, I don't get her to ring it up.

Thanks to OP and all those who confirmed the deals to be had with this. I was able to price match Killzone ($19.99) and MLB 14 ($39.99) to Gamestop. With the $30 off deal I ended up paying $32.xx with tax for both. 

First time I tried to price match something at best buy the chick told me I had to go to the customer service counter to do it.  Guy there says she can do it, I just said yea I figured.

This time I tried to be honest. She didn't know about the deal at all but I mentioned it, then asked about price matching with it and all of a sudden she knows the rules for this deal. Might return Infamous/Knack and get my $68.46 back. (Ooo a rhyme)

My problem is I'm honest but also don't like paying at least $20+ on top of what others could get these for

First time I tried to price match something at best buy the chick told me I had to go to the customer service counter to do it. Guy there says she can do it, I just said yea I figured.

This time I tried to be honest. She didn't know about the deal at all but I mentioned it, then asked about price matching with it and all of a sudden she knows the rules for this deal. Might return Infamous/Knack and get my $68.46 back. (Ooo a rhyme)

My problem is I'm honest but also don't like paying at least $20+ on top of what others could get these for
I agree on the honesty thing, but after the price match its all automatic. You shouldn't feel bad about letting the computer do its thing.

My store caught it as soon as it scanned & the girl caused a big scene
Having filler items in transsction helps alot since they usually aren`t aware of all the store promos anyway. The huge price drops aren`t caught & depending on the order of the fillers it gets even easier. To bad there`s no self checkouts with 1 rep just for pm`s that way you get the matche & can leave no need for fillers

We can price match and get the $30 whatever-it-is too? I got my gift card from one of my trades not too long ago. I want to get The Show and Second Son.

bread's done
Back