Best Buy Ad - 8/19/12 - 8/25/2012

Taco5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The Dictator Banned & Unrated:
  • DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99 *Best Buy exclusive has bearded packaging*
Bernie:
  • DVD - $11.99
  • Blu-ray - $14.99
Freelancers:
  • DVD - $12.99
  • Blu-ray - $16.99
WWE: The 50 Greatest Finishing Moves in WWE History:
  • DVD - $16.99 *Best Buy exclusive contains bonus content*
  • Blu-ray - $19.99 *Best Buy exclusive contains bonus content*
Get $10 off when you buy any 2 of these Disney Blu-ray movies

The Aristocats:
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99
The Tigger Movie: Bounce-A-Rrrific Special Edition:
The Rescuers: 35th Anniversary Edition 2 Movie Collection (The Rescuers / The Rescuers Down Under):
Pocahontas Special Edition 2 Movie Collection (Pocahontas / Pocahontas II: Journey To A New World):
Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure Special Edition:
Disneynature: Chimpanzee:
Free Best Buy gift card offer
Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online offer may vary.

House, M.D.: Season Eight:
  • DVD - $34.99
  • Blu-ray - $39.99
Revenge: The Complete First Season:
Mike & Molly: The Complete Second Season:
  • DVD - $19.99
NCIS: The Ninth Season:
  • DVD - $32.99
NCIS: Los Angeles - The Third Season:
  • DVD - $32.99
The Closer: The Complete Seventh and Final Season:
  • DVD - $34.99
Available Now:

The Hunger Games:
  • 2-Disc DVD (includes Digital Copy) - $16.99
  • 2-Disc Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $19.99
Seeking Justice:
  • DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $17.99
$4.99 DVD:
  • All Dogs Go to Heaven
  • Napoleon Dynamite
  • Cast Away
  • Mrs. Doubtfire
  • National Lampoon's Vacation
$14.99 Blu-ray:

Buy 2 get one free on select Sony titles $9.99 and up. Selection and pricing varies by store. Free item must be equal or lesser value. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive savings.
  • Midnight in Paris
  • Friends with Benefits
  • Colombiana Unrated
  • Moneyball
  • The Ides of March
  • Zombieland
  • The Social Network
  • Battle: Los Angeles
  • The Rum Diary
  • Men in Black
  • Men in Black II
  • more at BestBuy.com/savestation
TV on DVD and Blu-ray:
Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online offer may vary.

Dexter: The Sixth Season:
  • DVD - $34.99
  • Blu-ray - $39.99
Mike & Molly: The Complete First Season:
  • DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray - $22.99
NCIS:
  • Seasons 1 - 8 on DVD - $16.99 each
NCIS: Los Angeles:
  • Seasons 1 - 2 on DVD - $16.99 each
The Closer:
  • Seasons 1 - 6 on DVD - $15.99 each
House, M.D.:
  • Seasons 1 - 6 on DVD - $17.99 each
THANKS TO ANNIE CHU @ EXAMINER.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
LOLWUT?! Oh man, maybe I should try my luck at Walmart because even though my BB is full of idiots, nobody would be that dumb to fall for it.

So I went to Walmart, Target, and finally BB looking for these 'stickers' but they were nowhere to be found. Not sure if it's a regional thing or what, but I had to settle for just $10 off at BB.

I did not find ANY stickers at my Best Buy in MI. Maybe they were removed or just certain stores didn't get them. I bought Aristocats and Chimpanzee anyways.

I picked up all 6 Disney movies at best buy. Because of the promo they show $17.99 each on the receipt. (if you want an odd number of movies you would be better off buying an even number and returning the one you don't want.)
After getting home I remembered about the $10 promo thjey have with picking an order up instore. So i was considering placing an order and picking it up to get the promo. Well when you add more than 2 online it only gives you the discount on one set of movies and not the others, so this would not work.
However on their website when you add 2 movies they charge you $22.99 for 1 and take the $10 off the 2nd making it $12.99. So then couldn't you place the order and put 1 movie for pickup at one store and one for pickup at another store. Then just go pickup the one for $12.99 and let the order for the $22.99 expire after 8 days and get refunded for it? So by doing this you could potentially get any or all of the movies for $12.99.
Tempted to try it but biggest downside is I have to do 6 different orders to get all 6 movies.

Was able to get four of the Disney movies for $57.00 after tax at Wamart after a BB price match down to $17.99 and than using two of those $10.00 off stickers that were on about half the cases in their display. There were no Disney $10.00 off stickers on any of the copies at my Best Buy thats why I went to Wal-Mart.

No stickers at the Best Buy or Target in MA. Like someone else mentioned, ordering online will only give you one discount per order, so I just bought them in store without getting the extra $10 back.

There are definitely stickers in my area.

I was able to use them at my local BB on top of their $10 offer. Subtotal before tax was $35.98.

2mga3bt.jpg

M

FYI. I just got my 5 movies from Amazon (bought everything but Chimpanzee since it never had an $8 off promo). There were no stickers on any of them.

Kind of glad I went with Amazon. $15 each is better than burning up a bunch of gas hunting down stickers.

Kudos to the guy who only paid $8 each. Awesome for you, but I'd hate to be the employee who fucked up.

Super deal on Chuck. Got the fourth and fifth seasons on DVD for $35 and some change.

Considered the Blu at these prices but the rest of my Chuck collection is DVD, so yeah.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']There are definitely stickers in my area.

I was able to use them at my local BB on top of their $10 offer. Subtotal before tax was $35.98.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, if you were able to combine the two, shouldn't it have been $25.98 before tax when you purchase two? ($22.99 + $22.99 - $10 off with purchase of two -$10 coupon on package = $25.98). If you paid $35.98 it seems like you didn't get one of the promotions applied.

Thanks to whoever noted the discount gets applied to one of the movies on bestbuy.com, works great for in store pick up if you only want one of the movies at the best discount, particularly with the headaches people are having tracking down movies with the coupons.

EDIT: LOL, this already worked out beautifully. The one Disney blu I actually wanted that's $12.99 with my store pick up order at the store near my office is ready to be picked up, and the other filler one that I wasn't going to pick up was actually cancelled by the one distant store that had it!

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, if you were able to combine the two, shouldn't it have been $25.98 before tax when you purchase two? ($22.99 + $22.99 - $10 off with purchase of two -$10 coupon on package = $25.98). If you paid $35.98 it seems like you didn't get one of the promotions applied.[/QUOTE]

My mistake the 35.98 was before the manufactures coupon of -$10 was taken off. I just read it wrong from my reciept. They took the $10 off after tax so my actual total was $28.69.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']My mistake the 35.98 was before the manufactures coupon of -$10 was taken off. I just read it wrong from my reciept. They took the $10 off after tax so my actual total was $28.69.

M[/QUOTE]

Cool, I figured that was before the on package coupon got applied but wanted to make sure you actually had both deals combined and applied.

bread's done
Back