kmgamer88

CAGiversary!
Best Buy Ad 9/23-9/29

Midnight Opening On 9/25
For details
bestbuy.com/midnightopenings

Avengers Best Buy Exclusive Gift Set $69.99
Contains:
4 Disc Blu-Ray Combo Pack (Blu 3d + Blu + DVD + DC + Music Download)
Avengers Guide
Lighted Lithograph Case
Litho Card
$30 Sideshow Collectibles Gift Card

Avengers 4 Disc Blu-Ray Combo Pack (Blu 3d + Blu + DVD + DC + Music Download) $29.99

Avengers (Blu + DVD) $19.99
Avengers DVD $16.99

(Blu Price/DVD Price)
Incredible Hulk $7.99 / $4.99
Iron Man $9.99 / (2disc dvd) $7.99
Iron Man 2 (Blu + DVD + DC) $9.99 / $7.99
Thor (Blu + DVD + DC) $14.99 / $9.99
Thor (Blu 3d + Blu + DVD + DC) $19.99
Captain America (Blu + DVD + DC) $14.99 / $9.99
Captain America (Blu 3d + Blu + DVD + DC) $19.99

Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes V1,2,3,4 $9.99 each
Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes V5 $14.99

Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 (Blu + DVD + UV + Figure) $19.99*
Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 (Blu + DVD + UV) $14.99*
Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 ( DVD) $9.99*
*Bonus Digital Comic Book

Bond 50 (Blu Ray 22 Film Collection) $149.99 / (DVD) $99.99

Spend $50 or more on TV Titles get $10 Best Buy Gift Card
American Horror Story S1 Blu $29.99 / DVD $24.99
Desperate Housewives S8 DVD $17.99 with Coupon at www.abctvondvdcoupon.com/bestbuy valid 9/25-9/29
Desperate Housewives S7 DVD $29.99
Desperate Housewives S1-6 DVD $15.99 each
Gossip Girl S5 DVD$29.99
Gossip Girl S1-4 DVD $15.99 each
Family Guy Volume 10 DVD $19.99
Mentalist S4 DVD $39.99
Mentalist S1-3 DVD $15.99 each

$14.99 Pre-Order Prometheus (online or in store) receive CinemaNow Copy to watch tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordVila']Is that American Horror Story BR or DVD?[/QUOTE]

Updated the OP
I originally wrote it for blu-ray.com so I omitted the dvd.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Whoa, $150 for Bond 50? That's $6.81 per movie, before taxes. Sure beats amazon's $184.[/QUOTE]Amazon will match it, and if you pre-ordered it with it in your Gold Box, it'll be $142.50.

Best Buy continues to amaze with their day 1 prices. Will be getting Avengers, Family Guy, and The Dark Knight Returns for $50.

And if I didn't already own all of the Bond dvds I'd be mighty tempted on the 50 year anniversary set. Will wait awhile for some crazy cheap price on the Blu's (amazon DOTD eventually?).

And is that $14.99 preorder for Prometheus full price for the Blu Ray? Or will you have to pay more on release?

Seems high for a preorder, but maybe thats to discourage people from doing a refund after watching the CinemaNow version.

Music download for avengers? Is that a BB exclusive?

Debating whether to cancel my amazon order and get this or not. I still wanna try to get the steelbook and maybe the "Exclusive Gift Set" but I dunno.

Spend $50 or more on TV Titles get $10 Best Buy Gift Card

Is the one with the $25 GC for spending 100 or more on TV titles still good, or is this the only one next week?

[quote name='mig0']Music download for avengers? Is that a BB exclusive?

Debating whether to cancel my amazon order and get this or not. I still wanna try to get the steelbook and maybe the "Exclusive Gift Set" but I dunno.[/QUOTE]I don't think it's an exclusive as I remember seeing it in on the Amazon page for it as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Marvels-The-Avengers-Four-Disc-Combo/dp/B001KVZ6HK/

[quote name='JP73']Is the one with the $25 GC for spending 100 or more on TV titles still good, or is this the only one next week?[/QUOTE]Won't know more until the ad actually releases or someone finds another site with ad scan pics.

Thanks. I don't have any of those Marvel BD's yet. I may have to pick one of them up since I have a $10 reward certificate. Does BB still have that program where you trade in a DVD for $5 off a BD?

So any pictures of what The Avengers set looks like, or what the figure that comes with The Dark Knight Returns is?

Found this for the BB exclusive Dark Knight bluray...

tumblr_mael8eWsOi1rr0x4wo1_500.jpg

Considering my TV requires active 3D glasses that are never a good deal and aren't even being made anymore (so far as I know), I might just give up on 3D releases and grab the $20 version.

Damnit, I want the digital copy but don't need the 3D version and music download. Wonder if I can sell the 3D version on it's on for a couple of bucks.

Be sure to pricematch Avengers with Target's price, it's $24.99 there (though they might give you grief because Target has a bonus disc with theirs).

[quote name='kmgamer88']Best Buy Ad 9/23-9/29

$14.99 Pre-Order Prometheus (online or in store) receive CinemaNow Copy to watch tonight[/QUOTE]

Is this for the Blu or the DVD? Because I will pre-order that blu for $15 bright and fucking early Sunday morning if that's the case.

I have the steelbook from Best Buy and I'm getting the Avengers $29.99 set. As for the Dark Knight Returns, that figure of Batman looks terrible. He looks big and fat. I'll just grab the DVD set.

I have a pre-order from Best Buy with the Steelbook; however, Amazon was $5 cheaper at the time.

I guess I'll stick with my Amazon preorder and try to deal with returning my Best Buy pre-order

Although, does Best Buy do the price match for 60 days on movies (Silver member)?

I too am curious about which version the Prometheus offer is good for?

And glad I preordered Avengers 4 disc at deepdiscount for $23.

[quote name='shrike4242']I don't think it's an exclusive as I remember seeing it in on the Amazon page for it as well.
[/QUOTE]

Ah so I don't need to cancel the amazon order then. I wonder what that is though.

Still need to swing by BB later today to try to score the steelbook.

Looked like my best buy put out its Bond sets before the street date, most likely a YMMV, but if you happen to be at yours, might as well check. I'm hoping Amazon matches the price (I don't have to have the book they are throwing in)
If amazon matches, I'll gladly buy there... If not, I'll buy from BB and use my $15 in discounts there

[quote name='doubledown']I have a pre-order from Best Buy with the Steelbook; however, Amazon was $5 cheaper at the time.

I guess I'll stick with my Amazon preorder and try to deal with returning my Best Buy pre-order

Although, does Best Buy do the price match for 60 days on movies (Silver member)?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does

I bought the Avengers pre-order steelbook in store but it looks like the clerk screwed up and put my pre-order in for the regular blu/dvd combo and not the 3d blu/ reg blu/ dvd combo. Can I just show up on Sunday and get the 3d version off the rack and have the $7.50 deducted anyway? Do I have to have customer service fix my pre-order? What can I do to get this fixed?

[quote name='PublikDefender']I bought the Avengers pre-order steelbook in store but it looks like the clerk screwed up and put my pre-order in for the regular blu/dvd combo and not the 3d blu/ reg blu/ dvd combo. Can I just show up on Sunday and get the 3d version off the rack and have the $7.50 deducted anyway? Do I have to have customer service fix my pre-order? What can I do to get this fixed?[/QUOTE]

From what I hear, it doesn't matter what version you "pre order". You can stop by Tuesday when the movie comes out and just pick up the version you want. What they pretty much do is refund you the money you put down ($7.50) and will put it towards whatever movie you grab. You shouldn't have a problem.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']From what I hear, it doesn't matter what version you "pre order". You can stop by Tuesday when the movie comes out and just pick up the version you want. What they pretty much do is refund you the money you put down ($7.50) and will put it towards whatever movie you grab. You shouldn't have a problem.[/QUOTE]
Great, thanks.

The other question I have is regarding the Target release. Target is selling the 3d/blu/dvd/digital combo for only $25 :hot: instead of $30 according to the Target thread in this forum. Will I be able to get the $7.50 steelbook refund + price match and walk out with it for $17.50?

[quote name='klew']I too am curious about which version the Prometheus offer is good for?

And glad I preordered Avengers 4 disc at deepdiscount for $23.[/QUOTE]

It seems you can buy a digital copy of Prometheus right now for $14.99 a few places already (amazon is what I checked). It's ONLY for a digital copy, so I'm doubly curious what exactly is the pre-order BBY is offering it with, and if the $15 they want is just a down payment or a full pre-purchase.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']It seems you can buy a digital copy of Prometheus right now for $14.99 a few places already (amazon is what I checked). It's ONLY for a digital copy, so I'm doubly curious what exactly is the pre-order BBY is offering it with, and if the $15 they want is just a down payment or a full pre-purchase.[/QUOTE]
The clerk explained to me that the $14.99 pre-order copy of Prometheus is deducted from your blu/dvd total when you pick up the physical copy. It works like the pre-order steelbook except in this case you get the digital copy instead of the steelbook. It is $14.99 (more than a pre-order steelbook) to keep people from just keeping the digital copy and not picking up the blu/dvd.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']From what I hear, it doesn't matter what version you "pre order". You can stop by Tuesday when the movie comes out and just pick up the version you want. What they pretty much do is refund you the money you put down ($7.50) and will put it towards whatever movie you grab. You shouldn't have a problem.[/QUOTE]
Great, thanks.

Question:

Target is selling the 3d/blu/dvd/digital combo for only $25 :hot: instead of $30 according to the Target thread in this forum. Will I be able to get the $7.50 steelbook refund + price match and walk out with it for $17.50?

[quote name='PublikDefender']

Question:

Target is selling the 3d/blu/dvd/digital combo for only $25 :hot: instead of $30 according to the Target thread in this forum. Will I be able to get the $7.50 steelbook refund + price match and walk out with it for $17.50?[/B][/QUOTE]

i would like to know this as well

Great, thanks.

Question:

Target is selling the 3d/blu/dvd/digital combo for only $25 :hot: instead of $30 according to the Target thread in this forum. Will I be able to get the $7.50 steelbook refund + price match and walk out with it for $17.50?
[/QUOTE]

YMMV. The Target edition comes with an exclusive bonus disc, so technically it's not the same and therefore not eligible for PM. You might get lucky, you might not.

[quote name='DWulf']YMMV. The Target edition comes with an exclusive bonus disc, so technically it's not the same and therefore not eligible for PM. You might get lucky, you might not.[/QUOTE]It usually depends on the cashier, though they're technically different versions so by BB's policy they don't have to PM it.

Again, depends on the cashier, though I've gotten lucky sometimes and denied other times.

Question:

[/QUOTE]

$17.50? You would still technically be paying $25 because you've already put down the $7.50. The refund would just be removing what you've already paid towards the price of the movie. If they didn't refund you, you'd be paying $32.50 (all this is assuming the price match of course). Just wanted to clarify because it sounds like you're thinking you'll get the movie for $17.50 total, instead of just 17.50 out of pocket on that day.

No mention of Buy $50 in TV series get $10 Gift Card this week? I saw Walmart had the Pre-Order deal for Prometheus in Store for $24.96 and they will mail you the movie and you can watch it on Vudu. Though did not mention anything about 3D version so I passed.

That Best Buy midnight release for Avengers sounds good to me but too bad the nearest one by me is a 35-40 minute drive. With the gas it takes to get there might as well just suck it up and pay the extra $5 pretty much every other place wants for it (for Blu+DVD).

[quote name='PublikDefender']The clerk explained to me that the $14.99 pre-order copy of Prometheus is deducted from your blu/dvd total when you pick up the physical copy. It works like the pre-order steelbook except in this case you get the digital copy instead of the steelbook. It is $14.99 (more than a pre-order steelbook) to keep people from just keeping the digital copy and not picking up the blu/dvd.
[/QUOTE]

Damn, I was hoping to get the actual movie for $15. Guess I'll wait for it to go on sale for Black Friday.

Thanks for the reply.

good to know on the prometheus thing, 14.99 for the blu ray and digital cinema now seemed like too good of a deal. Probably in for a 19.99 combo blu ray of Avengers though. Not sure if Target's 4 disc deal for $5 is worth it for me.

bread's done
Back