Best Buy Ad 9/25 - 10/1

neoz

CAGiversary!
Buy Any 3 For The Price of 2

(Mix and match from over 60 select blu-ray or dvd titles)
127 Hours
Unstoppable
Limitless
The Next Three Days
New Moon
Black Swan
Twilight
Inglourious Basterds
Eclipse
Kings Speech
Expendables
The Lincoln Lawyer

New Releases

Transformers Dark Of The Moon BD/DVD/DC $17.99
( BBY Exclusive Cover Limited Edition )
Ben Hur Combo Pack $29.99
Ben Hur Collectors Set Includes Roman Soldier Figure $59.99
Stripes $14.99
Airplane $14.99
The Naked Gun $14.99
Planes Trains and Automobiles $14.99

$14.99
Archer Season One

$9.99
Transformers
Transformers ROTF

$29.99
How To Train Your Dragon 3D
Megamind 3D
Monsters vs Aliens 3D

Thanks to BriWeezy @ br.com

Great price for Transformers: DOTM, which version of Transformers is it for $9.99, the single disc or 2 disc? I still need to upgrade my HD-DvD copy, It's $14.xx right now on Amazon but I'm holding back.

DOTM has zero extras. The first two have great behind the scenes doc. But this one is the movie only.
Word on the street is that a deluxe version with 3D and extras is in the works.
I will never use 3D but I really want to see the docs, or not. It's the same as the last movie...almost exactly.
Except the female lead is worse.
I'll wait until this one drops too then.

That price on Archer is nice, holding out for $10 though. The show is fantastic.

[quote name='skiizim']Great price for Transformers: DOTM, which version of Transformers is it for $9.99, the single disc or 2 disc? I still need to upgrade my HD-DvD copy, It's $14.xx right now on Amazon but I'm holding back.[/QUOTE]

I thinking it's probably the single disc.

[quote name='neoz']Buy Any 3 For The Price of 2

(Mix and match from over 60 select blu-ray or dvd titles)
127 Hours
Unstoppable
Limitless
The Next Three Days
New Moon
Black Swan
Twilight
Inglourious Basterds
Eclipse
Kings Speech
Expendables
The Lincoln Lawyer

New Releases

Transformers Dark Of The Moon BD/DVD/DC $17.99
( BBY Exclusive Cover Limited Edition )
Ben Hur Combo Pack $29.99
Ben Hur Collectors Set Includes Roman Soldier Figure $59.99
Stripes $14.99
Airplane $14.99
The Naked Gun $14.99
Planes Trains and Automobiles $14.99

$14.99
Archer Season One

$9.99
Transformers
Transformers ROTF

$29.99
How To Train Your Dragon 3D
Megamind 3D
Monsters vs Aliens 3D

Thanks to BriWeezy @ br.com[/QUOTE]

Is there a mention of what the Immersion set of Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon is priced at? It includes Blu Ray discs, but may be advertised in the music section as well. Thanks!

[quote name='neoz']I thinking it's probably the single disc.[/QUOTE]
Do they even make a single disc version for BD? I can't find one on Amazon for either one honestly. I might pick all three up actually, even though DotM is above what I normally pay. Definitely in for the first two finally. No need to wait on a trilogy pack at that price.

[quote name='jonboy71']Is there a mention of what the Immersion set of Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon is priced at? It includes Blu Ray discs, but may be advertised in the music section as well. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you could post CD prices too that would be great. I need to know if I should go with Amazon or not for Mastodon and Machine Head.

[quote name='joshnorm']Is Archer S1 Blu ray?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. That's a great price, and a nice drop from the $40 they were charging

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes it is. That's a great price, and a nice drop from the $40 they were charging[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Now $14.99 is purchase price. Love that show.

Probably the titles on the B2G1 sale will likely be at full price, so the savings might not be as much as people think it will be.

who has the definitive set for Transformers DOTM? Like with part 2, Wal-Mart had the Imax footage..

I'm tempted to go here obviously for the price, but if its just a cover difference and something better is out there..I could do that too.

[quote name='token2k6']who has the definitive set for Transformers DOTM? Like with part 2, Wal-Mart had the Imax footage..

I'm tempted to go here obviously for the price, but if its just a cover difference and something better is out there..I could do that too.[/QUOTE]

The version that is coming out on the 30th is a bare bones version. It will probably have a trailer and a few special features but it's being released this Nov./Dec. along with the 3D version I believe.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Amazon has Transformers down to $19.99 for those that have credit and/or dont want to go to Best Buy[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping they match it all come Sunday.

[quote name='shrike4242']Steelbook for what? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Never mind, I thought this was a steelbook edition... it's just a slipcover exclusive to BB. :(

Well that's kind of dumb for Paramount to release a BB only version, add a coupon to say "hey here is some money to off set the REAL version we are releasing in a few months..." inside of the case. Hard core movie collectors will want the bonus features so they might as well wait for the later release.

How much will the Transformers "trilogy" pack cost? I'm wondering if I should jump now since they're on sale or wait.

[quote name='iced1138']How much will the Transformers "trilogy" pack cost? I'm wondering if I should jump now since they're on sale or wait.[/QUOTE]
If they're not just single disc editions, then jump now. I've been watching the prices for these and only the second one has ever dropped lower by $.50 that I know of. Been waiting years to pick them up and now that both are $10, doesn't seem like much point waiting for the trilogy when it will be $40+ more than likely.

Some of the titles they're offering in the sale aren't be offered in both formats which really sucks. Unless the titles are different online than in-store.

I picked up the Archer blu-ray for $15 despite buying the DVD earlier this year. I'm not sure if I'm keeping it, but from the back of the case it seems like it is exactly the same content as the DVD, and might actually have less. The special features are listed the same ("The Original Unaired Pilot, The Making of Archer, Deleted Scenes and More!"), but the runtimes and the Canadian Home Video Ratings are different (DVD="Approx. 220 minutes" and 14A for Mature Theme, BR=211 minutes and 18A for Violence and Language). Hopefully this helps somebody who's on the fence.

Sidenote: buying blu-rays for $14.99 makes me miss the $5 off coupon.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Some of the titles they're offering in the sale aren't be offered in both formats which really sucks. Unless the titles are different online than in-store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much all the titles I wanted (Limitless, King's Speech, Black Swan) were only on DVD.

Picked up Archer season 1 on Blu ray. I love the show, but Adam Reed, the creator, copied so much of the show from his other work Frisky Dingo. The main characters from both shows are both way too similar. Makes me question if Frisky Dingo were on FX, would it be a hit?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well that's kind of dumb for Paramount to release a BB only version, add a coupon to say "hey here is some money to off set the REAL version we are releasing in a few months..." inside of the case. Hard core movie collectors will want the bonus features so they might as well wait for the later release.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a "BB exclusive edition". There's a BB exclusive slipcover. All retailers will be getting the movie only version of DotM.

So I can go buy transformers today (not like Tuesday when I tried, not realizing this had a special Friday rerelease) duh!!

bread's done
Back