Best Buy Ad week of 6/21

BuckinKaeding

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Some decent Deals this week.

Confessions of a Shopaholic $16.99 (DVD) / $27.99 (BD)
Inkheart $19.99 (DVD) / $29.99 (BD)
Pink Panther 2 $17.99 (DVD) / $26.99 (BD)
CODE $14.99 (DVD) / $19.99 (BD)
Waltz with Bashir $19.99 (DVD) / $29.99 (BD)

BLU-RAYs :br:
Enter the Dragon $9.99
A Scanner Darkly $9.99
Gothika $9.99
Oceans Twelve $9.99
The Matrix $14.99
Natural Born Killers $14.99
Amadeus $14.99
Beetlejuice $14.99
The Assassination of Jesse James $14.99
The Brave One $14.99
How the West was Won $14.99
Dirty Harry $14.99
Reservoir Dogs :br:, Basic Instinct :br:, and Dirty Dancing :br: are also $10 next week as seen in the ad. (Thanks to manthing)

Free Transformers Comic Book w/ Purchase of
Transformers $13.99 (DVD) / $19.99 (BD)

ONE DAY ONLY / Sunday June 21st
50% off of all Seasons of Select TV Shows (DVD only, no BD)
Lost - $24.99
Smallville - $21.49
Seinfeld the Complete Series - $99.99
(There are more than likely other TV shows, these are the only ones listed. The ad says "More in store and online at bestbuy.com/movies")

Last edited by a moderator:
definately pick up Matrix if it werent for the digibook, I hate those things why cant studios get the picture that people dont like cardboard cases? I thought we ended that with dvd.

Yeah the New Releases suck. I really want to know which TV Series are 50% off.

P.S. if The Wire complete series is at 50% off you should buy it. Even if its a blind-buy. I did that, and it rocked. I need to update my sig, as it is now my 2nd favorite show of all time.

Too bad that 50% off select TV series excludes Blu. The first two seasons of Lost on Blu would be roughly $24.50 each if you used the current website price. :cry:

Ill be picking up the Matrix too, no doubt about that.
random.gif

I was just at the store and the Transformers DVD is priced at 19.99 not sure if anyone got it for 13.99 good luck if you do. Not that I am complaining I am still getting it.

[quote name='Shimrra']I was just at the store and the Transformers DVD is priced at 19.99 not sure if anyone got it for 13.99 good luck if you do. Not that I am complaining I am still getting it.[/QUOTE]

Uhm? the sale doesnt start until Sunday

[quote name='Shimrra']I was just at the store and the Transformers DVD is priced at 19.99 not sure if anyone got it for 13.99 good luck if you do. Not that I am complaining I am still getting it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thewatcher']Uhm? the sale doesnt start until Sunday[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shimrra']Yeah...I knew that....:bomb:
foot-in-mouth-1199.jpeg
[/QUOTE]
Whoops.

I have Amadeus and it's quite a good Blu with a good insert and and additional CD soundtrack that doesn't suck because, well, it's Mozart.

I want to bite on the matrix but since im still holding off on the complete set i don't want 2 copies of it not to mention the packaging is horrible.. well.. not as bad as the stupid batman mask packaging from target.. first time i have seen TDK for 19.99 offline since it released (when i bought it i thought the mask was just something extra and you got the actual case)

PS- is anyone else mad how they pass off these stupid *2-disc special edition* and when you buy it the 2nd disc is just a digital copy? i know alot of people like the digital copy but i dont watch movies on phones or ipods or computers and i really don't research alot about this stuff so i always get suckered in it.. guess it serves me right for not doing a little research :whistle2:/

[quote name='styl3s']I want to bite on the matrix but since im still holding off on the complete set i don't want 2 copies of it not to mention the packaging is horrible.. well.. not as bad as the stupid batman mask packaging from target.. first time i have seen TDK for 19.99 offline since it released (when i bought it i thought the mask was just something extra and you got the actual case)

PS- is anyone else mad how they pass off these stupid *2-disc special edition* and when you buy it the 2nd disc is just a digital copy? i know alot of people like the digital copy but i dont watch movies on phones or ipods or computers and i really don't research alot about this stuff so i always get suckered in it.. guess it serves me right for not doing a little research :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]
Heh, I've been waiting for the first movie by itself because I don't want the whole collection (really didn't like the direction they took the story and the Animatrix was worth a one time watching).

I've never taken much stock in how many discs are in a box either, outside of the feature everything else is just stuff that I might or might not watch. But I guess since the digital copy comes on a disc it's still considered another bonus disc (even if it is discarded after use).

I also hate nonstandard packaging. Matrix will be my first single film not in the standard blu-ray case (damn Warner Bros). I don't even like the tin that Band of Brothers came in. Maybe somebody will make a label that can be printed off and inserted into a normal case to replace the cardboard one. :pray:

$15 for The Matrix on BR sounds quite nice to moi...I'll probably be picking that up on Sunday, maybe Beetlejuice as well. I'm also quite curious as to what other TV series will be on sale. I'd love to get Deadwood, but I don't think 50% off retail would actually be cheaper than going through Amazon right now (especially when you add 10.25% sales tax...stupid Chicago! :roll:)

Probably going to pick up The Matrix. Didn't really care much for the sequels to warrant buying the Collection.

Thanks, OP.

Man, I feel like I really should bite on Matrix, but like others I hate that damn digibook. It's gonna look so out of place on my shelf.

[quote name='dburger']Man, I feel like I really should bite on Matrix, but like others I hate that damn digibook. It's gonna look so out of place on my shelf.[/QUOTE]

I finally gave up wondering and chose not to buy it. I figure two things will happen one the last two films will be released in regular blue keepcases and the first will look stupid or the next two films will come out in digibooks also. All I know is Matrix is 14.99 it will be again.

bread's done
Back